Project RU Theorymon

Status
Not open for further replies.
U-turn Aerodactyl seems cool, it gets all the momentum it needs, fast u-turners are usually very good, and RU doesn't have enough of them being faster than flygon really helps turn aerodactyl into some sort of pivot, even though it's quite frail, and U-turn almost makes it not wanna run LO, I would like to see how it plays out, with a bulkier set perhaps OR just good ol' CB :] (it should also get brave bird head smash and rock head)

Prankster Gourgueist seems amazing, you can finally have the bulk of the large form with the speedy annoyance of the small one, and I love sub seed gueist... Frisk is also probably my favourite ability, but prankster would just improve this mon a lot

U-turn Aero is an upgrade, but it's still nothing spectacular. IMO Brave Bird would've been a better buff, as thanks to Rock Head it can throw them around with no worry. That might've made it broken though. It could be something of a fast offensive pivot a la Mega Beedrill in UU.

Prankster Gourgeist is a huge improvement, it basically becomes the perfect fusion of Whimsicott of Sableye. It's bulkier than them, with arguably superior defensive typing. Priority Wisp, priority Synthesis, priority Leech Seed and Substitute...very nice. Might be overpowered though.

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
U-Turn is just a good momentum option, Brave Bird still > thanks to Rock Head, but Prankster Gourgeist is like a Bulky Sableye, priority Synthesis, WoW, Leech Seed, is just awesome and is like don't waste you Mega Slot like Mega Banette does

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
Choice Band Aerodactyl will likely eclipse Life Orb with the addition of U-turn. Using U-turn with Life Orb on a Stealth Rock-weak Pokemon doesn't seem very appealing and the damage output goes up a significant amount with a Choice Band; it does about 5-6% more with Stone Edge on Alomomola, for instance. It has a solid STAB move in Stone Edge and has U-turn here, so I think Choice Band has quite a bit more merit. Aerodactyl didn't have many opportunities to Roost anyways and Stealth Rock is really lame on it. It would probably run a set like Stone Edge / U-turn / Earthquake / Aerial Ace or Pursuit. I feel like Earthquake is too valuable to give up (unless you're running like Dugtrio maybe?), though being able to revenge kill Fighting-types and Grass-types more reliably is also pretty big and Pursuit trapping is really nice... idk, I guess we'll see how it develops (or not since no one wants to play this metagame with me !). Seriously though, it would be nice if some people were to give this metagame a try. You might enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)