Rock...Steel...Ice...and Everything Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to another one of my RNGs giveaways! These 3rd gen RNGs are my very first and I'd like to share 3 copies of each. Obviously, this is a 6th Gen giveaway. They are not shiny and I'm going to RNG shiny versions of them soon so I thought, why not give them away? All you have to do is answer the question below the mons.

Rules-
1. First come first served.
2.Reservations are fine, but vm me when you are available after posting here.
3.After posting, please use the following format to request the Mons-
*Insert Pokemon Deposited*
*Insert IGN*
Message-Totes
*Insert Requested Regi*
Request it level 31-40 on the GTS

Calm-31/21/31/31/30/31
Moves- Icy Wind,Seismic Toss,Counter,Ancient Power
Ot:Ben ID:45750

(None left.)
(1 Reserved)

Not Redistributable
Note- 30 SPD IV since this was my first RNG before I knew I could find better spreads. It's still good for HT

Careful-31/31/31/30/31/31
Moves- Counter,Curse,Superpower,Seismic Toss

Ot:Ben ID:07998
(None left.)
(1 Reserved)
Not Redistributable

Careful-31/31/31/30/31/31
Moves- Seismic Toss,Curse,Superpower,Counter

Ot:Ben ID:07998
(None Left.)
(1 Reserved)
Not Redistributable

Seismic Toss and Counter are all Gen 3 Tutor Moves

With the existence of Hyper Training, do you think RNG is still valuable? I'd appreciate a full and honest response :).

Last edited:
Hi there, to answer your question with Hyper training, I believe RNG is still valuable to a certain extent.

I think to have perfect IV Pokemon that are untouched is pretty cool, or even having exclusive tutor moves without being forced to be level 100 is awesome.

Although Hyper Training does have its pros helping people get imperfect stats to 31, I think the untouched part is what keeps the value in RNG.

Deposited: Palpitoad lvl 29 female
IGN: Anthony
Requested Registeel

Edit: Thank you.

I also want to add in another point for collectors could be exclusivity of ribbons on some of their favourite Pokemon adding sentimental value.

Last edited:
Hi there, to answer your question with Hyper training, I believe RNG is still valuable to a certain extent.

I think to have perfect IV Pokemon that are untouched is pretty cool, or even having exclusive tutor moves without being forced to be level 100 is awesome.

Although Hyper Training does have its pros helping people get imperfect stats to 31, I think the untouched part is what keeps the value in RNG.

Deposited: Palpitoad lvl 29 female
IGN: Anthony
Requested Registeel
Thank you for your answer and letting me know! Appreciate it.

Sent

May I reserve 1 copy of all? If not, then the ice

RNG, in my opinion, is all up to the player. If he wants to RNG, that's a him decision.

Could I reserve a registeel please. (Will deposit my mon in a few hours. going to sleep)

On to RNGing, I wholeheartedly believe that RNGing is still a part for the community. As someone who can BW RNG, but hasn't got access to infinite Hyper training stuff, RNGing is definitely important. However, as a VGCer, I can't make the full use of them (I barely touch my old bw mons ;-;). It makes these Pokemon feel special. They are a slice of history from a time when we didn't have all these "nice" methods of getting stuff (I miss RNGing ;-;). So overall, I do believe that RNGing should still be a part of our community.

Could I reserve a registeel please. (Will deposit my mon in a few hours. going to sleep)

On to RNGing, I wholeheartedly believe that RNGing is still a part for the community. As someone who can BW RNG, but hasn't got access to infinite Hyper training stuff, RNGing is definitely important. However, as a VGCer, I can't make the full use of them (I barely touch my old bw mons ;-;). It makes these Pokemon feel special. They are a slice of history from a time when we didn't have all these "nice" methods of getting stuff (I miss RNGing ;-;). So overall, I do believe that RNGing should still be a part of our community.
Sure thing my man :). Thank you so much for your response, and I agree with what you had to say.

Hi Totes!

* Deposited Castform* edit: lv 38
*IGN N*
Message-Totes
*Requested Registeel*

I really appreciate a cool gen 3 RNG! I've done a bit myself and it was pretty hard to learn. Even with hyper training, I think flawless (or near flawless) Pokemon are still worth it. I might just be old-fashioned though xD

Thanks for the awesome giveaway :)))

Deposited: Magikarp < Poké Ball > Lv. 15 Female
IGN: Apolo
Requested: Regice
GTS Msg: Totes

I think hyper-trained will be gen 7 only. So that help some people like me that i got several legendary pkmns but i didnt know about IV. But nice stats to begin are always welcome. Great giveaway btw!!!

-----> Tyvm for your time!

Last edited:
Hello
Deposited: Wingull level 5 female
IGN: Tony
I really dont have much experience with RNG. Trying to get into was to complicated for me lol. I do think that rng for flawless is still good. Saves hard to get bottlecaps for other things like shinies. Plus Gamefreak can drop hypertraining later.

Hi Totes!

* Deposited Castform* edit: lv 38
*IGN N*
Message-Totes
*Requested Registeel*

I really appreciate a cool gen 3 RNG! I've done a bit myself and it was pretty hard to learn. Even with hyper training, I think flawless (or near flawless) Pokemon are still worth it. I might just be old-fashioned though xD

Thanks for the awesome giveaway :)))
You are most welcome my man :), thank you for answering the question!
Sent.
Hello
Deposited: Wingull level 5 female
IGN: Tony
I really dont have much experience with RNG. Trying to get into was to complicated for me lol. I do think that rng for flawless is still good. Saves hard to get bottlecaps for other things like shinies. Plus Gamefreak can drop hypertraining later.
That is true! Thank you for answering the question :)
Sent.

Deposited: Magikarp < Poké Ball > Lv. 15 Female
IGN: Apolo
GTS Msg: Totes

I think hyper-trained will be gen 7 only. So that help some people like me that i got several legendary pkmns but i didnt know about IV. But nice stats to begin are always welcome. Great giveaway btw!!!

-----> Tyvm for your time!
Thank you for rereading and answering the question. I'm sending it.

Edit- Sent

I'd like to grab the Regirock.

I believe RNGing is still valuable for the same reason I think breeding perfect mons is still valuable. It can take some time to get to lvl 100 and begin Hyper Training and RNGing legends helps that process a ton.

Deposited Pokemon: Female Joltik lvl 18
IGN: Riley
Requested Pokemon: Regirock
MSG: Totes

thanks man! I've always been really interested in the Regis competitively.

I'd like to grab the Regirock.

I believe RNGing is still valuable for the same reason I think breeding perfect mons is still valuable. It can take some time to get to lvl 100 and begin Hyper Training and RNGing legends helps that process a ton.

Deposited Pokemon: Female Joltik lvl 18
IGN: Riley
Requested Pokemon: Regirock
MSG: Totes

thanks man! I've always been really interested in the Regis competitively.
Thank you for your response man, yup true it does save a lot of time.

Finally, some love for Regirock \o/, enjoy man!

I believe rng is still viable for exclusive moves, but with people discovering ways to rng SM breeding, shinies and good ivs will be exponentially easier.hyper training is only good for hidden power/legends/non-competitive shinies imo. I don't think hyper training itself will have a big effect on rng
If there are no regice left, can I reserve regirock(still would prefer regice if you have any left)

I believe rng is still viable for exclusive moves, but with people discovering ways to rng SM breeding, shinies and good ivs will be exponentially easier.hyper training is only good for hidden power/legends/non-competitive shinies imo. I don't think hyper training itself will have a big effect on rng
If there are no regice left, can I reserve regirock(still would prefer regice if you have any left)
Very interesting point. I have to apologize and tell you that there is no Regice left, I can definently reserve the Regirock for you.

I am currently Rnging Shiny Regice(Many different natures), I'll gladly trade you for Breeding Projects in the near future :)

Not sure if Regirock is still available, but if so I want to request it ! :)

Pokemon deposited: Whismur, Female, Lv 9
IGN: Phil
Requested: Regirock

For your question:

I think at first what mentiones earlier is correct, training to Lv 50 takes much less time than training to 100! Especially since Heieira-Bases left :(
Second, if Hyper-Training ever gets removed in future Generations, it is possible, that all those Hyper-Trained Pokemon get set back to their crappy EVs. RNG'd Pokemon will still be much more useful in competitive Play.
And niot for everyone Bottle-Caps are easily obtainable, so if you need 3 Silver ones that may take really much time grinding the Battle tree if you don't clone them !

Not sure if Regirock is still available, but if so I want to request it ! :)

Pokemon deposited: Whismur, Female, Lv 9
IGN: Phil
Requested: Regirock

For your question:

I think at first what mentiones earlier is correct, training to Lv 50 takes much less time than training to 100! Especially since Heieira-Bases left :(
Second, if Hyper-Training ever gets removed in future Generations, it is possible, that all those Hyper-Trained Pokemon get set back to their crappy EVs. RNG'd Pokemon will still be much more useful in competitive Play.
And niot for everyone Bottle-Caps are easily obtainable, so if you need 3 Silver ones that may take really much time grinding the Battle tree if you don't clone them !
Ah I see! Thank you so much for answering my question quite well :).

Sent! Enjoy bro.

This giveaway is now completed, if a mod would now please close this thread.

Thank you for participating guys! Any Reserved Regis, please VM me.

Ah I see! Thank you so much for answering my question quite well :).

Sent! Enjoy bro.

This giveaway is now completed, if a mod would now please close this thread.

Thank you for participating guys! Any Reserved Regis, please VM me.
Thanks !

By the Way I really wanted to get into RNGing but never found time to do so :/

Giveaway might be over, but since it seems you were after RNG opinions, I'll give my two cents.

Prior to gen 7, getting perfect / flawless competitive 'mons, especially shinies or legendaries, was absolutely a nightmare. RNG back then was absolutely necessary in that there was no good way to maximize competitive value without it, other than pouring obscene amount of time into a soft reset. My god, even the breeding mechanics were pretty garbage before gen 5/6. RNG then was valuable because it was efficient, turning incomprehensibly long and tedious tasks far quicker and easier to complete.

Hyper Training, with the ability to turn anything into a perfect IV'd Mon, does damage the viability of RNG because it allows for a much simpler approach to perfect legendaries and the like. Instead of having to hit that specific frame for that 31/31/31/x/31/31 shiny correctly natured pokemon, impossibly rare under normal circumstances, you just need shiny and the nature and can correct the IVs later. To a breeder, the nature is a given, meaning the Pokemon being shiny is the only goal required. For legendaries, all you really need is the nature and possibly the correct Hidden Power, as well as a 0IV attack or speed stat; this is a lot, but Strength Sap accomplishes the one and speed checking the other for IVs.

Hyper Training DOES fail when it comes to breeding, however (though IV breeding is far more easier now than ever before). Additionally, it can't optimize things for Trick Room or Foul Play / confusion damage. On top of that, veterans of RNG and collectors will favor RNG for "real" IVs. I think that's stupid, because I only look at the actual competitive bottom line, but there are people like that. Requiring level 100 in S/M, with the shitty Gen V levelling curve and no good way to farm XP, along with the rare bottle cap requirement and such make Hyper Training more inefficient as well. These shortcomings make RNG veterans stick with the old system due to efficiency, whereas newer players will use the ingame methods to get their perfect legendaries.

Overall, RNG will naturally survive due to the following it has and the efficiency it offers to those who already know it versus Hyper Training. However, to someone like myself with no background in RNG, I wouldn't bother learning the entire way to do it when there are tedious albeit easier methods of accomplishing the same end result within the game in the current generation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)