All Gens RoAPL 3: Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
[1:59 PM] reyscarface: NightFox
[1:59 PM] reyscarface: get on smogtours
[2:00 PM] NightFox: I'm not on my home rn
[2:00 PM] reyscarface: when will you be home
[2:00 PM] NightFox: I'll be on at my 10-11pm or so

nightfox never showed up or anything and their team didnt make a substitution. if they make a sub now im up to play though

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
[1:59 PM] reyscarface: NightFox
[1:59 PM] reyscarface: get on smogtours
[2:00 PM] NightFox: I'm not on my home rn
[2:00 PM] reyscarface: when will you be home
[2:00 PM] NightFox: I'll be on at my 10-11pm or so

nightfox never showed up or anything and their team didnt make a substitution. if they make a sub now im up to play though
you were told he couldn't play 6 hours ago.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
http://prntscr.com/f02wpx

if finch didn't tell u that was his bad, we both agreed not to sub, finch because he couldn't and myself because you gave no effort to schedule after being pmed twice. Lutra was in this conversation in the managers PM as well. Knowing finch I find it very hard to believe he didn't tell u nightfox wouldn't be on.

http://prntscr.com/f02wpx

if finch didn't tell u that was his bad, we both agreed not to sub, finch because he couldn't and myself because you gave no effort to schedule after being pmed twice. Lutra was in this conversation in the managers PM as well. Knowing finch I find it very hard to believe he didn't tell u nightfox wouldn't be on.
That's not the point, your player told you to sub him out and rey was literally on when nightfox made the activity post

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
That's not the point, your player told you to sub him out and rey was literally on when nightfox made the activity post
when did my player tell me to sub him out? Finch and I both agreed that I would sub if Googly came online, he didn't. Nightfox was on his phone the whole day and still isn't home. If rey would have replied before 10 hours before the deadline this would have gotten done.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Basically I'm not willing to let your team get away with days of ignoring contact in order to get a sub. Learn how to schedule and play your games and this won't happen in the future.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Your whole argument for activity is based off of a PM that had minimal content sent in the middle of the week and your player never stated one time he was free in that PM or throughout the remainder of the week. He (NightFox) did bump the PM, but he still never said he'd be on and Rey was at least clear in all of his attempts today as to when he could play and what times he would be on. This does not give your player any leverage in activity, in my eyes, because scheduling is more than asking "when can my opponent play", but it's also including times that you can play and he failed to do that. We had no clue throughout the entirety of the week when your player could play and while Rey was not right in pushing it off to Sunday and the ball was in his court to respond, you guys have little-to-nothing going in your way in terms of activity besides your excuse for initiating contact that lacked any substance whatsoever. You should be telling your players how to properly schedule matches (see: including when they can play/letting their opponent know what times work) and I should be letting my players know to respond or initiate contact in the same ideal fashion as I described above. Neither party is in the right here and your player even asked to get subbed out today, which certainly doesn't do your fishing for activity any justice whatsoever. This should go dead, if anything.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
http://prntscr.com/f0300h
last thing I'm gonna say about this. I'm ok if this goes dead but if rey somehow worms his way into a win here that's completely ridiculous. Also NightFox never asked me to sub him, he said pokebasket would sub because I told pokebasket to be ready for googly if he came online.

Not that we're in an awesome activity spot prior to this but Meru expressed he had no interest in playing once he got back home. I'd still like to get this game done though and will be on for another hour or so

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL 3 Team Interview of Week #3: Koniko Klan

Lutra: I'm joined by Osgoode, Triangles, and maybe Beds, in the Koniko Klan Channel. So tell us about how you came up with the name of the team, starting with Triangles and then onto Osgoode.

Triangles: The Klan is like a clan, or family. It represents brotherhood. The K comes from Koniko, a city in PKMN.

Osgoode: Triangles actually came up with the name, and I enjoyed it a lot. I believe the name definitely resonates with a lot of the ideologies we share, such as brotherhood.

Lutra: Okay, so Triangles is the former manager and Osgoode (now manager), the former assistant manager. What made you give up the manager role, Triangles?

Triangles: At the time I had decided to quit mons, but I realised I loved the Klan too much to fully distance myself from it.

Lutra: Osgoode, you chose Tokyo Tom to replace you as assistant manager, was he already involved with the team?

Osgoode: No. The original members involved with the Klan (Beds, GTM, Zf) were set on playing, and I had to find a last minute replacement.

Lutra: Interesting, so what's the story behind the logo and apparently someone payed for it?

Triangles: I'd like to nominate Beds to answer this question.

Osgoode: Seeing as Beds paid for the logo, I nominate Beds as well.

Beds: well I mean we had the idea of the whole franchise with a few things surrounding it. I talked to an artist who I am friends with and he made us something until we were happy with the result.

Triangles: It's a cute Kastform.

Lutra: Okay let's move on from this subject and onto the auction, how did it go? I remember your team arrived late.

Osgoode: Yeah due to some unfortunate circumstances the night before, I ended up missing the first part of the auction. Thankfully, we still ended up with the best team after the auction. Our main core prior to the auction was GTM (a multi-gen expert that was able to help with every single tier), as well as Imperator Caesar who is a promising young talent. Of course, we got superstars such as BKC, Jirachee and Hangover.

Lutra: What were some other good teams in your opinion you noticed after the auction had ended?

Osgoode: None. I think the competition is tough, but there aren't really any "stand out" teams above the rest. There are no good teams in the sense that every team is fairly even, although I believe our team is the most successful from the auction.

Lutra: What tiers do you feel are working best for you? Are there some not so strong tiers or slots at the moment?

Osgoode: Our GSC slot is by far the strongest, having gone 6-0 so far. DPP is another strong area, with Hangover and Fatty/Void putting up amazing results, and ofcourse our ADV is strong as well with Jirachee and ZF. In terms of our weaknesses, RBY is one that comes to mind because we keep getting fucking haxed. Another one is BW in my opinion (having to put GTM into one of his weaker tiers as opposed to GSC, as we already have BKC and Sulcata in GSC).

Lutra: Are you confident that those weaknesses won't get in the way of you making the playoffs?

Triangles: Hopefully our RBY luck will even out soon. Anyway, our record is good, we're functioning well, and I reckon we got a very strong chance of playoffs.

Osgoode: Yep, we definitely have a great shot at playoffs as long as we avoid getting haxed. We have a great team and I'm confident in our ability.

Lutra: So Triangles, you are most known as playing ADV in SPL I guess. Will you want to compete next year? Do you want to play any other tiers at that level?

Triangles: Actually I hope to take on a management role in team tours in the future. I hope to be able to manage my SPL team, the Falcons, and take command there.

Lutra: Hmm and do you want people to recognise you for anything else, other than a manager and an ADVer?

Triangles: I'm running for classic this year. Hopefully I will win that and become a Great Titan of old gens.

Lutra: Cool. I have to admit I don't know much about Osgoode. Can you tell me about your competitive Pokémon history?

Osgoode: I began playing in early 2011, mainly playing DPP on the ladder. I never took an interest in the competitive scene much until earlier last year, where I was fortunate enough to be a part of team Canada for WCOP. Later on, I was asked by some friends to participate in SPL where I was bought and I've been playing ever since!

Lutra: I see, a quick rise to SPL. Going back to RoAPL, are there any teams you look forward to facing in the coming weeks?

Osgoode: Looking forward to conquering all the teams, especially the Typhloons.

Lutra: Why the Typhloons?

Osgoode: I'm a bit mad they stole UD from us, but they also have a great roster.

Lutra: Beds, I think you started off in GSC and now have started competing lots in RBY. Are you getting into any of the other generations any time soon?

Beds: I actually started playing competitively during black and White, the more you know. I am "into" most of the gens, I play them pretty regularly but I think I don't have the time and dedication to try to reproduce my success in rby in any other tiers. But I don't know what the future brings for me yet.

Lutra: Okay, anyone want to talk about anything else related to RoAPL or their Pokémon careers?

Osgoode: We're starting some of our new players this week so I'm excited to see them perform. Hoping to see them get some wins. Shoutouts to imperial Caesar, my tutee. You'll be a wizard at Pokémon soon enough.

Beds: Thanks for taking the time hosting it, I think RoApl is the supreme subforum franchise tournament

Triangles: Thanks for having us at this interview!

Lutra: That sounds great, thank you all for answering my questions. This was pretty quick for the amount of questions I gave.

Osgoode: NP, thanks for having us!

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Banner by TrainerSplash | Auction assisted by OrdA | Official RoAPL Discord Server | Spreadsheet

Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Semifinals | Finals

Adjudged Win

choolio (0-W) Contact
Contact claimed he contacted choolio and choolio would try weekend, which Contact didn't see choolio in - according to an activity post.

hellpowna (0-W) Hangover
hellpowna was subbed out for silver ghost on Sunday and didn't appear to contact Hangover in the weekend.

Dead Games

Fakes (D-D) PDC

No information.

NightFox (D-D) reyscarface

reyscarface didn't contact/reply until Sunday after being contacted Wednesday night via PM, but did try get the game done when NightFox posted and PMed activity, before leaving. I feel activity posts/stating when available prior to the leaving time on Sunday would have assured NightFox the activity win.

Extension (preferably 48 hours)

miltankmilk vs Meru

I would like this game done since since it appears you are both very active on the forums and Meru wanted to play a match for this week (now last week). Will update post with the result after.

Team Standings

1st | __Dewford Dogs__ | 3 points | 20-14
2nd | ___Koniko Klan__ | 2 ½ points | 20-16
3rd| Pacifidlog Typhloons | 2 points | 22-13
4th | _Viridian Vaporeon | 1 ½ points | 17-19
5th | _Pyrite Town Pichus | 1 point | 18-17
6th | __Eterna Eevees__ | 1 point | 15-18
6th | _The Navy Spheals | 1 point | 15-18
8th | Snowpoint Sneasels | 0 points | 11-23

⏫Click here to view match results and replays⏫

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)