Other RMT - Special Format

Hey. I'm new to these forums so I do hope I'm doing this right, and hopefully I'm not breaking any rules.

Basically, everyone at my school battles each other using OU with these modifications:
-No Pseudo Legendaries
-No Legendaries
-No Items apart from Orbs and one mega stone.
-Hypnosis uses its old accuracy (we use a special trick to get this to work)
-1 starter

So here's version 3 of my team which has been the only one to win me a couple battles. I'd like to have it rated and see what improvements I can make given the circumstances. There're definitely a lot of weaknesses which I need to patch up and am not very sure how without changing the fabric of my team, so some help would be appreciated. The order I bring them out in is not constant, but it's generally either Chesnaught or Cloyster first.

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature

- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Protect

With a rule like "no items apart from orbs" you really can't give up a great staller like the infamous SubToxic Gliscor. I always bring it out to counter/weaken/slow down weaknesses to my team and it's been very useful in making people switch out to something more kind. Starting out with toxic, I create a substitute. The HP I lose is regained in two turns so i use protect on the third turn so my substitute doesn't fade that quickly. I keep using earthquake, protect, and substitute to weaken the enemy slowly along with toxic while I keep healing whatever little health I lose. Against ground types, Toxic and Substitute are all I need, and I can watch them faint a slow and painful faint[?]

Gengar
Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

- Mean Look
- Perish Song
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater

Gengar is simply my special operations fellow. With the Old Hypnosis accuracy, hypnosis and dream eater is a great way to drain it out. If there's a threat to my whole team and Gengar is out and at good enough hp to not get K/O'd in 4 turns (especially if it's a special attacker) Mean Look and Perish Song is what I resort to. I've already kinda explained why each move is there, so no need to do so again.
I do believe this is a bit unreliable to use, and is the weak link in the team that might require change.

VOLCARONA (F)
Ability: Flame Body

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature

- Roost
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz

When I was updating my team, I was looking for a special attacker. Volcarona has a couple glaring weaknesses so I wasn't originally going to take it but then I realized its power outweighs the weaknesses. Along with a special attacker I needed something to counter psychic and ice making Volcarona the perfect pick. A couple quiver dances is all it takes to activate total beast mode with Volcarona, and even without, with its already very solid SpA it's very strong. Fiery Dance melts ice and burns grass and Bug Buzz rocks Psychic. Roost is present too, so that I can use my free turn upon switch out to come back and kick some more robot chassis.

CLOYSTER (F)
Ability: Shell Armor

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature

- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Rest

This is also a pokemon i only recently added to my team, to replace my Skarmory. As you can see, it's a spinner and a spiker, good for draining hp as well. I desperately needed a water type/something that could learn a water move too, so this checks those boxes. Spikes and Rapid Spin are self explanatory. Hydro Pump is to neutralize all the annoying charizards that are quite prevalent. Rest is so that it can keep hydro pumping.

BLISSEY (F)
Ability: Healer

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature

- Rest
- Heal Bell
- Blizzard
- Thunder

Blissey is a day one. Nothing but Fighting Types can really touch it, and it's been my team's Cleric since I started. With a decent spread of moves of different types it was pretty easy to fill in the gaps using the two remaining move slots I had. Rest is there to keep Blissey going if it ever happens to lose more than 350 HP. Heal Bell is essential to keep my team looking up. Blizzard was needed to counter dragon types and Thunder is for water types which I still did not have any good moves against.

CHESNAUGHT (F)
Ability: Bulletproof

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Lax Nature

- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Synthesis

Chesnaught is my Physical Sweeper. I've tried multiple, including Slurpuff with wish and belly drum, however it wasn't bulky enough to compensate for its low speed. This is the replacement, AND I also am able to get the starter out of the way. I often start out with Chesnaught, and with a Belly Drum and Synthesis I'm good to go. Drain Punch is always great because it regens HP and is quite strong especially against normal types and with 4x attack, STAB and 2x effectiveness can often come close to OHKOing normal type walls/tanks/clerics. Belly drum really gets the game going. Then it's really just a matter of Drain Punching and Zen Headbutting your way to victory. Synthesis is so that you don't instantly get rocked and can stay in to continue kicking robot chassis. It's also easy to set up using this pokemon and then switch in to Volcarona with its good speed as more physically bulky pokemon start appearing.

Once again, this is my first post on here. Hope I did it right.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)