ORAS OU RMT, Rain Dance Squad

Before I get into the individual pokemon, I would like to go over the team I run. This is a team is a rain dance team, and the whole team is water type pokemon. Now, I'm sure you're skeptical right now, because grass type and such could sweep this team with ease, but, I have thought of that, and taken precautions to prevent destruction at the hands of counters. By the way, this team can work in both OU and Ubers. Please, rate my team, I appreciate the help.

Dat Boi (Politoed) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SpA / 100 SpD
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Our lead here, is Politoed, or Dat Boi as I like to call him. Now, he has has a good amount of health, but due to his typing, I would recommend you send him in and take him out as quick as possible, because I know from experience, he can be swept no problem. I use damp rock to gain extra turns for Rain, which activates on switch in due to his ability, Drizzle. Blizzard is used for coverage against Dragon types, a threat faced often, resulting in a swift death at the hands of Garchomp or Salamence. Hydro Pump is has a 90% hit rate, which can be iffy, but if you need to take the risk, it can easily 2HKO Pokemon resistant to it, due to the rain that is active as well as it being a STAB. Surf is another good STAB move with a 100% hit rate. The last move I chose is Hidden Power [Electric]. Good all around for fighting other water types and such. Politoed is not squishy, and can be used to great effect.

Clueless (Slowbro-Mega) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

Next, I went with a Slowbro-Mega, who has high Def and SpA stats. Scald was picked for the burn chance, STAB, and is a all around good move to have. Hidden Power [Grass] to be used when picking off other annoying water types, as well as ground and rock types. Flamethrower is the ace up your sleeve, and can easily dispose of a grass type. Finally, a nice stab Psychic, is being employed because I noticed this team's weakness to poison type. Psychic type will alleviate that, and can even OHKO squishier poison types.

Juan Louise (Ludicolo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump

Haven't noticed a lot of love for the Colo, and I don't know why. Grass and water are both powerful types, and when combined, create a monster that can not be stopped easily. His ability Swift Swim doubles his 176 base speed, which makes him extremely quick and deadly. First move, Scald for STAB and fire bonus. Next, I chose Ice Beam, Dragon types be gone! Next up is Giga Drain, I mean, it's a great deal right! Heal yourself, and have a general use move. Last is Hydro Pump, powerful STAB, and can destroy most pokemon. Ludicolo's main weakness is flying type, and moves like Brave Bird can do a number on the poor guy. Other than that, he is a powerful addition to the team, and can sweep an unprepared team.

Kawaii Princess (Azumarill) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off

Ouch! Azumarill is my true Dragon counter, and he is bringing the pain! Huge power doubles his 218 attack, and with belly drum, he can easily destroy an unprepared team. Superpower will leave a mark on your opponent, and will OHKO dark types and fighting types. Play Rough is his STAB, and will 2HKO tanky Dragon types and others who decide to be in the path of a 4x attack Azumarill. Knock Off, nuff said, type coverage, and knocks off your opponents item.

kaeo.jpg (Cloyster) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The name is a reference to a friend who helped me build this powerhouse sweeper. Skill Link causes Cloyster to hit 5 times on his Icicle Spear, which I have scene 2HKO Dragon types. I think you have noticed a pattern here. This team is a Dragon type's worst nightmare. Ice Beam, reliable STAB and possible freeze. Toxic, can't go wrong with that, and Hidden Power [Fire] for fighting grass types when you're backed into a wall

Swooosh (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-Wash. What can I say? Ground types are done when they encounter this monster of a pokemon. Sure, they won't be affected by Volt Switch or Thunder Wave, but Rotom-Wash has Levitate, and Levitate means no Earthquake. Hydro Pump should deal with anyone willing to fight him. Volt Switch can do a number on neutral pokemon, and if need be, you can always send in Cloyster or Azumarill to clean up after you. Hidden Power [Fire] will keep opponents on their feet, and is always a good counter.

Thanks for viewing my team! Please, rate in the comments, and of course, ask questions, I am only looking to improve.

Hi there, welcome to smogon forums and competitive pokemon!

Sorry but your team is not good, looking at your RMT, i can see that you aren't experienced enough to build your own teams yet, i suggest you using sample teams first and when making your teams, make sure you know the basic, check the Smogdex and ask more experienced players for advice.

Your entire team is totally flawed so i can't spend my time pointing out every mistake but here are some things i noticed:

Your entire team is water type, even tho this is a rain team and rain teams have alot of water type pokemon, this is not monotype and thus you need to have pokes with different typings to beat the water type checks and counters, for example using Tornadus-T to beat the grass types that beat all your waters.

Your movesets and EV spreads seem really poorly made and reveal that you have no knowledge of the metagame, the spreads are overall ineffective and have pretty random EVs, investing in an offensive stat and then on Def/SpDef is usually a terrible idea since offensive pokemon usually run speed and if they are bulky attackers, they focus on HP and the offensive stat to make them take more hits overall. Other things i noticed are the lack of Shell Smash on Cloyster, Belly Drum Azumarill without Aqua Jet and Sitrus Berry and the use of many fire type coverage moves in the rain.

The RMT forum is supposed to be competitive, you are only supposed to post your teams if you know what you are doing and you have a grasp of the metagame, if you just started and only faced newer players like you, don't be in a haste and already post your teams here, every great player started as a newbie so try to improve first. Since you don't know how to build effective teams yet, try out one of these first: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-ou-sample-teams.3571343/ and if you want help, you can always contact me or try out Showdown rooms such as http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/overused and http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/competitivetutoring.

As said up above, it looks like you lack an understanding of competitive Pokemon, especially illustrated to you claiming this team's effectiveness in Ubers. I've gotten into a lazy habit of not explaining changes, so I'll just drop a team below. Don't complain about the legends.

Swampert (F) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Lord Helix (Omastar) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Knock Off

Politoed (F) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rest

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost

Ferrothorn (F) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- U-turn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)