SM OU RMT-OU-Nature's Blessing w/ Kartana, Tapu-Bulu and Heatran.

Hey, a few days ago I built this really fun team and wanted to see what you guys think, I don't usually build teams so the most advice you guys can give, the better. I'd classify this team as a balance build but i'm not really sure about that.
Also this team has no megas so yeah.
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/e40200e6e9f13c94

Let's start with the Grass Duo here, Kart and Bulu

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Knock Off
  • Leaf Blade
  • Sacred Sword
  • Smart Strike
Kart is a Grassy Terrain abuser, with eqs weakened and Leaf Blades boosted Kartana can do some serious damage to the opposing team, it is also a good breaker and win condition of the team, with all of its moves hitting like a truck. I thought about running the Z set, but if i did that Heatran would have to use the defensive set, making my team way too passive.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
  • Horn Leech
  • Superpower
  • Leech Seed
  • Protect
Bulu sets terrain for the team, which can be benefitial for the likes of Kartana, Pex, and Heatran, but can also hurt Landorus by weakening eq, it also makes Heatran a threat to this team. This Bulu set is supposed to take on Bulky Waters and Gren-Ash, leech seed is preferred here because i think synthesis+Lefties+Terrain is a bit of a healing overkill, leech seed does the trick while also damaging the oponent. Protect is preferred over SD to maximize the toxicity of this team, with the protect+LS tech, Protect also makes my matchups against Torn and Zapdos much better.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Earthquake
  • U-turn
  • Stone Edge
  • Hidden Power Ice
Speed Control of the team, it takes on Heatran and other fire types, while also providing Intimadate, momentum with U-Turn, a way to deal with Tornadus-T and Zapdos, and a way to deal with Lando.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spa / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Magma Storm
  • Flash Cannon
  • Earth Power
  • Stealth Rock
Used to be Zapdos, but Heatran just deals much better with Ice, Fire, and Flying types, Heatran provides rocks, Flash Fire, and its busted Z-Move in the form of Firium Z, i thought about using Grassium Z or Steelium Z, but Solar Beam is just bad after using the z move, and Steelium can't hit grass types as hard as Firium can. Taunt allows us to shut down passive mons and to deal better with stall. Heatran also really benefits from Grassy Terrain.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
  • Toxic Spikes
  • Scald
  • Haze
  • Recover
It's The Pex, you know what it does, just walls would be absolute threats to the team, like Kart, Ash-Gren(not really a huge threat tho), and many Fire types. It also appreciates Grassy Terrain weakening eq.

Reuniclus @ Leftover
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs:0 Atk
  • Calm Mind
  • Acid Armor
  • Psyshock
  • Recover
Mainly here to deal with Zam and Fighting types, while also providing a reliable win con with CM+Acid Armor, Reuniclus can really take lives with this set. The Lefties help with recovery, which is necessary since Reuniclus might have to get to low health to setup. Changin Psyshock to a non-psychic move might be a good idea, since its only attacking move being unable to hit dark types is pretty bad, Energy Ball might be a good idea to take advantage of the Terrain.
Threats:
Offensive Ice types, with Groundium Z Weavile being the absolute threat.
Flying types like Torn and Zapdos are probably my team's biggest weakness they can deal with Kart, Bulu and locked Lando(unless I predict the switch and Stone Edge)
Bulky Grass types, two of my team's main offensive mons are walled by those, with Heatran being my main weapon against them.
Rain Teams can give some trouble because of all the fast mons, which can outspeed nad kill everything
This team's best check to Excadrill is Landorus-T, I think this already says a lot, Kartana might be a good weapon against the Ttar/Hippo+ Excadrill with its main STAB Leaf Blade, and with Grassy Terrain weakening eqs.
Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-944899299 Win with Kartana, neither me nor my oponente played well( besides that switch to Bulu to get the boosted Leaf Blade, that was a pretty cool play), both of us relied on hax to win, also, Reuniclus, the beast didn't even come out in this game, but a win is a win. Also that Salazzle set wasn't humble at all.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-944903872 Win with Kartana bc of a misplay, dude exploded his lando in the last turn instead of equaking my Kart. Also Lando did some work in this game, if it wasn't for it Kart wouldn't be able to late game clean that guy's team.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-944910829 Humiliating loss to a whack rain team, the result of this battle was set in like, turn 15, I made a lot of nasty plays like switching lando into the Nidoking, and my Heatran hit 1 magma storms out of 4, so 25% accuracy, only played till the end to show the full replay to you.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-944918972 Win with Reuniclus, the GOAT, my oponente had a pretty bad rain team, but it was still a clutch match, idk if killing my heatran in the start of it was the best play, but killing pelliper that soon is really bad for a rain strat.

This team revolves around Grassy Terrain, which allows Kartana and Heatran to really shine. Z-Heatran, Scarfed Landorus-T and Banded Kart are the main offensive mons, with Bulu (which provides the Grassy Terrain) and Pex being defensively geared, Reuniclus works as a defensive mon but can also be a reliable win condition with its 2 setup moves in Acid Armor and Calm Mind+its strong STAB. Ice types can give it trouble, and the team is also pretty slow, making it weak to fast teams like Rain Teams, Sand Teams HO and Sticky Webs.

Thank you for Reading!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)