Riski's Pokemon Thread

I just temporarily closed my thread to trading, Thomas, but you do have pokewalker pokes and that's on my wanted list. I'd like to get your sassy Pokewalker bronzor.

Hi Riski,

I was going through your guides for noob RNGing for standing legendaries and there are things I do not understand.

1) After capture Ho-oh and calibrate my RNG Reporter in Seed Finder, I moved onto Wichu's program. Wichu's program reported back some spreads. Now what do I do with the information I have in the RNG Reporter and the report from Wichu's program? Is it that the RNG reporter Seed Finder just help you understand your own speed/times and the data is just for you to understand but not to be used in the program?

2) What's a synch? (Pokemon with Synchronize?)

Here's what I've found with RNG Seed Finder when I was calibrating:
F0501FF 14 501
60F01ED 13 483
A0F01FF 14 501
E0F01FB 14 497

Is my delay ok? I tried timing my Continue to **:**:15seconds after minute mark to enter to increase my delay. Would the delay increase benefit me in any way?

After timing my 15 seconds: My delays have risen up to around 550s. I'll probably stick with this as it is easier for me to time and manage.

Here's what I got with Wichu's:
680e01f3 267 250 0 250 264 TIMID 1 30 31 30 31 31 31 ICE 70
3) So I inputted my chosen seed 680e01f3 into Seed Hex. I save infront of Ho-oh (This is not really for Ho-oh but I want to get a test run of this working for me before I start working on my real target: Latias. I also want to work on the Jirachi that's still waiting for me to pick up) and record down my roamers (Does it matter what date/time I save infront of Ho-oh?) (I also do not have Latios roaming in my game yet as I have not triggered him yet, is that ok?)

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
CMT and reply there for these two :)

Cherubi
Female - Chlorophyll - Modest
31/30/30/31/31/31
OT Karen♀ 65491 HeartGold
GrassWhistle/Sweet Scent/Aromatherapy/Weather Ball (HGSS)
Hidden Power type is Ice 70
Hatch location Ilex Forest.
Not redistributable.
Done as a BP for Eppie.

Magnemite - Magneton
Magnet Pull - Timid
31/30/31/30/31/30
OT M-BOY 20802 Pearl
Flash Cannon/Hidden Power/Thunderbolt/Explosion
Hidden Power type is Fire 70
Available level 1 UT or
Level 50 - 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Not redistributable.

CMT for this

Well, I finally have my Green Groudon. The pink ball version is mine and mine alone. But you all can trade for the timer ball or nest ball version. I still have an older save file of this, and I can do a CP in a different ball.
Shiny Adamant Groudon
31/31/31/17/31/31
OT Riski 55037 SoulSilver
July 21, 2010, Level 50 UT
Not redistributable.

Its one of my wants, so I'm willing to trade alot for it. Nest ball if possible

Hi Riski,

I was going through your guides for noob RNGing for standing legendaries and there are things I do not understand.

1) After capture Ho-oh and calibrate my RNG Reporter in Seed Finder, I moved onto Wichu's program. Wichu's program reported back some spreads. Now what do I do with the information I have in the RNG Reporter and the report from Wichu's program? Is it that the RNG reporter Seed Finder just help you understand your own speed/times and the data is just for you to understand but not to be used in the program?
Sorry for the delay responding. I was on a road trip yesterday.

Wichu's program is faster at generating seeds. That's about the only difference between it and RNG Reporter's Time Finder. When I do hatch projects, I still use RNG Reporter's Time Finder because eggs can hatch with perfect IVs (if you want all perfect) for any nature, but catches cannot.

Seed Finder is more to be used for finding out the delay you landed on in a game or to check the nature/IVs of a pokemon when you want to calibrate, or to generate a good sequence of happiness taps to get a shiny on DPPt.

2) What's a synch? (Pokemon with Synchronize?)
Yes, it's a pokemon with synchronize. You must use the correct nature for the catch project.

Here's what I've found with RNG Seed Finder when I was calibrating:
F0501FF 14 501
60F01ED 13 483
A0F01FF 14 501
E0F01FB 14 497

Is my delay ok? I tried timing my Continue to **:**:15seconds after minute mark to enter to increase my delay. Would the delay increase benefit me in any way?

After timing my 15 seconds: My delays have risen up to around 550s. I'll probably stick with this as it is easier for me to time and manage.
You should always use seeds with delays that you have a chance of landing on. If you consistently get 500 when getting into the game, this is your minimum delay. Anything lower and you have no chance of landing on it because your game just doesn't start quick enough to get an earlier delay.

A delay increase is what you do when you RNG. Just find out your usual minimum delay and save the increases for your RNG catches and breeding projects.

Here's what I got with Wichu's:
680e01f3 267 250 0 250 264 TIMID 1 30 31 30 31 31 31 ICE 70
3) So I inputted my chosen seed 680e01f3 into Seed Hex. I save infront of Ho-oh (This is not really for Ho-oh but I want to get a test run of this working for me before I start working on my real target: Latias. I also want to work on the Jirachi that's still waiting for me to pick up) and record down my roamers (Does it matter what date/time I save infront of Ho-oh?) (I also do not have Latios roaming in my game yet as I have not triggered him yet, is that ok?)
You choose from Seeds to Time an available date and time for your RNG project. It has to be one of these dates and times given by RNG Reporter, not some random date or time of your own choice.

Your choice from the list generated by Seeds to Time depends on your preference and what sort of timer you are using. Timing by a second hand clock is rather limiting so I recommend Pikatimer. I recommend dates that are current (within the month you are actually on if possible). Weird dates far into the future upset some people. Also, dates prior to an actual release, such as getting Latias/Latios on a date prior to the release of the engima stone, look weird as well. So try to adjust your choices for this.

Edit: Skymin_Flower, sorry nothing for now. My trade thread isn't really open for anything but stuff on my wanted list and pending trades at the moment.

Alexa, I'm not feeling very well today. I'll look at your pokewalker pokes again and decide later.

After much work and trying... I've gotten to the part where I am trying to hit my seed.

Some background information:
Target time: 20:06:50
Calibrated Second: 14
Targeted Second: 50
Calibrated Delay: 481-485
Wanted Delay: 639

Now reading your PikaTimer help guide:

Put your DS clock on the correct date, hour and minutes, but don’t hit A just yet. Put the DS down on a flat surface and hit A at the same time as Start on Pikatimer.

Let your DS turn of and turn it back on again. Now wait for the minute to roll around.

The first timer gives you a sound warning (a small ding) when you hit 10 seconds before your mark. It will then give you sound warnings at 3,2,1,0. Exactly as 0 is dinging, you should be hitting start game on the DS menu screen (A button).

Now your second timer is running.

You should be hitting A to get into your game (to either stand again in front of the Daycare man for Egg IVs or stand again in front of the Daycare lady if you’re waiting to put parent pokes into daycare).

The second timer will run silently for a few seconds. Then you get sound warnings as a countdown from ten to zero.

So in your head, you should be counting down with it. 10,9,8,7… all the way to zero. You had better be on your continue screen before you hit zero, because that’s when you must hit the A button the last time. You do not need to punch A constantly if you are already on your continue screen but the timer isn’t done. Just wait, stay relaxed, hit A when the timer hits zero.
A few things read as awkward/weird to me. "The first timer gives you a sound warning (a small ding) when you hit 10 seconds before your mark. It will then give you sound warnings at 3,2,1,0. Exactly as 0 is dinging, you should be hitting start game on the DS menu screen (A button)." So I should be in the DS Firmware screen where it shows what game I have loaded in the DS Card slot (the DS game Pokemon) and hit A as the first timer hits 0?

"Now your second timer is running.

You should be hitting A to get into your game (to either stand again in front of the Daycare man for Egg IVs or stand again in front of the Daycare lady if you’re waiting to put parent pokes into daycare).

The second timer will run silently for a few seconds. Then you get sound warnings as a countdown from ten to zero.

So in your head, you should be counting down with it. 10,9,8,7… all the way to zero. You had better be on your continue screen before you hit zero, because that’s when you must hit the A button the last time. You do not need to punch A constantly if you are already on your continue screen but the timer isn’t done. Just wait, stay relaxed, hit A when the timer hits zero."
This part is super awkward... So you are saying that while the second timer is running, I should hit A to get into the game, stand beside whatever I want to speak/interact with, soft reset and get ready to hit A on 0?

CMT:

Cynthia's Togepi (from the egg she gives in Platinum)
Serene Grace - Modest - Male
/31/31/31/31/31
OT Riski 60367 Platinum
Hidden Power type is Dark 70.
July 11, 2010, Eterna City

Hey, I had a CMT a while back:

"
Originally Posted by Fat Cybertron
Some I liked:

Shiny Modest Kyogre (Love Ball)
Shiny Entei + Suicune (Movie)

I'd like Kazo's brave Groudon and Mendokuze's level 50 EVed Garchomp, Dichromate's level 50 EVed Jolteon, and I might get the NZ Jirachi but I have to check my boxes first. I'll get back to you on that one.

Edit: Yes, I'd like the NZ Jirachi, UT."

When would you like to trade? ^_^

We can do the trades now if you want. I have a few minutes before I must leave the computer again.

Edit: I'll be waiting on wifi for at least 15 minutes with your wanted pokes, but after that I have to turn off the DS. I won't be able to respond on the forum since I'm leaving the computer right now.

CMT for this please

Shiny Chansey - Natural Cure - Calm
31/31/31/31/31/31
OT Riski 62628 Platinum
Pound/Growl
Hidden Power type is Dark 70
fully redis
Level 1, UT.
For an EVed version, go see super_ace11

Hi, Do you like anything from my thread for that Impish Shiny Wooper?
Hi, sure I like your jolly Breloom, EVed, please. Unfortunately, my male wooper is UT.

CMT for this please

Shiny Chansey - Natural Cure - Calm
31/31/31/31/31/31
OT Riski 62628 Platinum
Pound/Growl
fully redis
Level 1, UT.
For an EVed version, go see super_ace11
I VMed you.

To everyone else, my current wanted pokemon are good Pokewalker catches. See my first post.

It's fine about the nature. yes, I can trade now. I'll add in your Diamond FC (I hope I have the right). Please use my HG FC.

Hey I'm not here to trade or anything I just wanted to thank you for writing the guides in your thread. I successfully RNGed my first Shiny Legendary (Adamant Rayquaza) using just your guides. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

CMT for

Chansey
Natural Cure - Bold
31/31/31/31/31/31
OT Riski 62628 Platinum
pound/growl
Level 1, UT.
fully redis

Big Update. The following are added to my thread:

Adamant catches
female 31/31/31/17/31/31, all with ability 1

Not redistributable.
The luxury ball looks very good with shiny Exploud, Rapidash and Slaking. Aipom has pickup. If the nature or abilities or lack of egg moves don't suit you, they're all female and will make good breeders.

メタモン

Timid 31/31/31/31/31/31
In a love ball.

Shiny Chikorita - male - bold
31/1/31/31/31/31
Shiny Chikorita - female- Adamant
31/31/31/31/31/31
Level 1 UT, both have Aromatherapy/Leech Seed/Leaf Storm/Ingrain
Hatched Ilex Forest
Not redistributable.

Shiny male Charmander
Adamant (Goldenrod Tunnel) or Jolly (Dragon's Den)
30/31/31/31/31/31
Egg moves Belly Drum and Crunch
Not redistributable.

Shiny Japanese Smeargle - male - jolly - own tempo
31/31/31/31/31/31
Level 1 UT, bred on Japanese SS game.
Hatched Goldenrod Tunnel
Not redistributable.

Sorry, Pika. Nothing at the moment.

Notice in general: I'm hoping to receive my copy of Pokemon Black soon. I may be unavailable for trading after I get it. I'll be busy trying to figure everything out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)