ORAS UU Rise oh Great Susano'o! (Mega Gallade)

Mega Gallade has quickly become one of my favorite Mega Pokemon. A really cool design, dangerous offensive presence, and just plain hard to take down, it really a Mega worth building a team around. And this is what I have. Of course, as always, feedback is appreciated!

Susano'o (Gallade) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Shadow Sneak

What you can do with Mega Gallade is pretty diverse. You can run a Bulk-Up or Swords Dance, Close Combat or Drain Punch, Knock Off or Shadow Sneak, the list goes on. Though I believe this set here is one of the best. Swords Dance boosts Gallade's already impressive Attack Stat sky high. I run Drain Punch over Close Combat because, even though it is far less powerful, any damage I take while setting up or switching in, I can easily gain back and keep Gallade healthy. I run Psycho Cut over Zen Headbutt before it is only slightly weaker, but more accurate, and can score Critical Hits. And finally, I run Shadow Sneak over Knock Off before priority is so important in today's Meta, and even though it is on the weak side, it can help pick off weakened Ghost threats.

Pre Mega Evolving, I run Justified. This allows Gallade to come in on predicted Knock Offs and get a boost to begin with. The EV spread and Nature is to make Gallade a fast sweeper, as it does have decent speed.

Raijin (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Choice Specs Raikou is kinda unorthodox I believe (I've never come across one) but effective. It can take out Flying-type threats with STAB Thunderbolt, and can even hit Ghost-types with Shadow Ball. Extrasensory allows Raikou to hit Poison-types hard, while Hidden Power Ice destroys Pokemon like Gligar. All of these options really help Raikou aid Gallade for sweeping. Max Special Attack and Speed EVs make Raikou a huge threat in on itself.

Jaws (Golbat) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic
- Brave Bird

Golbat makes a decent Special Wall, capable of taking hits and roosting them out. This Golbat actually started out running Poison Fang over Toxic, as I need a Fairy Counter, but with how weak Poison Fang is, I decided to just run Toxic instead. Defog is to keep the field clear, as switching is not uncommon for this team. Finally, Brave Bird is the STAB move of choice, so Golbat is not completely shut down by Taunt users. Another function Golbat also serves to draw out Knock Off, giving Gallade its Justified boost before Mega Evolving.

FireWall (Arcanine) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

Arcanine, I find, gets overshadowed a lot by Entei. Very similar Pokemon, Arcanine can serve, however, as a formidable wall to overcome. Morning Sun allows Arcanine to heal up any damage done to it, while Will-O-Wisp can cripple most physical threats. These two moves, combined with Rocky Helmet, can create many frustrating situations for the opponent. Flare Blitz is a powerful STAB move, even for a defensive Pokemon, while Extreme Speed provides more priority for the team.

Orochi (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse

What would the great Susano'o be without the terrifying Orochi? This Hydreigon acts as a Choice Scarfer. This allows it to be a scouter thanks to U-Turn, or a terrifying revenge killer with STAB Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse. Dark Pulse in particular, helps Hydreigon helps it to take out threatening Ghost-types. Finally, Focus Blast helps Hydreigon destroy Steel and opposing Dark types, making Hydreigon an incredibly efficient Choice Scarfer.

FlowerGirl (Florges) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Aromatherapy

With its new access to Giga Drain, Florges can take on a slightly different role than its normal Wish/Protect/Aromatherapy set. This Florges is an offensive Cleric. Calm Mind boosts Florges' already high Special Defense even higher, and gives it Special Attack a dangerous boost. Moonblast is STAB, allowing it to take out a lot of threats, and seriously hurt Pokemon that takes Neutral damage after a boost or two. Giga Drain not only provides nice coverage, but also is an alternate way to keep Florges healthy. And finally, Aromatherapy helps keep poisoned walls and burnt Gallade healthy and doing their jobs.

Hey man, looks like a solid team, but I've got a couple suggestions for you to improve it.

First of all, you should definitely have Volt Switch on your Raikou. It'll help you get momentum in a game, meaning that if the opponent switches and you use Volt Switch, you'll have the advantage of picking what you go into. If the opponent has something like Blissey, your current set will not be able to do anything, but with Volt Switch, you'll be able to get some nice chip damage on the Blissey and go out into your Gallade. Swap out Shadow Ball for Volt Switch; Chandelure is the only relevant Ghost type in tier and you have plenty of answers for that.

Speaking of chip damage, I've noticed that you don't appear to have any form of hazards on your team. Because of this, I would change Arcanine to Hippowdon. You should use a set of Stealth Rock/Slack Off/Earthquake/Whirlwind on your Hippowdon, or anything else you think would be better. Hippo is a great physically defensive Pokemon with plenty of opportunities to set up Stealth Rock.

Another thing is that Golbat is simply not very good in this metagame as its weakness to Knock Off and its lack of speed makes it largely overshadowed by Crobat. I know you said you wanted to lure Knock Offs for Gallade, but there's absolutely no reason that you should be switching Gallade into the powerful Knock Offs of the tier from things like Krookodile, Mega Absol, Mega Beedrill, and other Gallade (it's much more reliable to get boosts using Swords Dance). Your Crobat should run Brave Bird/Roost/Defog with the last slot being filled by any of Taunt (to prevent setup, healing, and hazards), U-turn (momentum that I mentioned before), or Toxic if you really want it. With a spread of 248 HP / 60 SpD / 200 Spe with a Jolly nature, your Crobat will now be able to outspeed everything up to base Alakazam, including things like like Mega Gallade, Shaymin, Mienshao, Roserade, and plenty more. You'll still have a solid amount of bulk.

Finally, CM Florges is a great win condition, but I don't feel that your particular set and spread do it justice. Since Florges's Defense is really low, you should be investing fully it in, with a spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe with a Bold nature. You shouldn't really need special attack investment since that's what the boosts are for (think of Crocune, who runs the same spread). Additionally, Giga Drain is a weak move that provides nothing in terms of coverage. Instead, use Synthesis over Giga Drain, which is a great move that Florges got access to, allowing it to easily recover the damage it takes.

Yup, that's all I've got for you, I hope this helped and that you'll take these suggestions into consideration. Good luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)