Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Grass Knot / Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Ground
- Hyper Beam / Swift / Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

aim's Ambipom is finally a threat. After just one nasty plot, it has the opportunity to have no switch-ins depending on what it is running. A slight case of 4MSS but, is always doing a shit ton of damage. Even before a nasty plot, it still can wreak havoc due to it's phenomenal coverage. Few threat out speed this wallbreaker, which is pretty fantastic. Calcs are below.
+2 252 SpA Ambipom Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 289-342 (95.3 - 112.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+2 252 SpA Ambipom Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 244 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chansey: 721-849 (102.7 - 120.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Technician Ambipom Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 388-460 (110.2 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Ambipom Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 427-504 (101.6 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Ambipom Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 342-404 (81.4 - 96.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Ambipom Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 448-528 (112.8 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Technician Ambipom Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 230-272 (57.9 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Ambipom Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 362-426 (108.7 - 127.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Technician Ambipom Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Skarmory: 244-288 (73.2 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

When will a suspect for Tapu Koko be put in place? I mean its kinda hard to cram viable checks for it in this meta when all the cool Electric Immunities aren't that viable, and the two best checks (Tapu Bulu and Tangrowth) are so easily played around
I have been messing around with some Pokemon to try and find answers but you are right that Tapu Koko is hard to deal with in this tier. I also need to reword the VR because that is completely wrong since the ladder has been up. I'll try and sort something soon

As Reversed is half-way through the course of its first ladder, I will be trying to develop the metagame more with better samples and a completely new VR. In order to do this I have decided to welcome Ransei on board to help with development and encouraging others that enjoy the meta to help support Reversed by joining the council.

Council Signups

Council Signups will be sent into DBW PMs with the template of:

PS Name:
How much interest do you have in Reversed?:
How much time have you put into playing/building in the tier?:
How good you think you are at the tier? (Below Average, Average, Experienced):
How dedicated are you to support the tier?:

Feel free to add Ransei in to the PM if you feel it would help your case.​

Mega Charizard Y should probably get a suspect test in the future. After one DD it becomes a menace for HO, Stall, & Balance teams. A sun boosted fire punch from a base 159 atk is already enough to KO many mons in the tier without any boosts. It's also capable of running all sorts of sets, not just being limited to DD. SD + Fire Punch, Earthquake, Solar Beam / HP Ice is great for wall breaking, and is incredibly good against Balance & HO teams if you're running Tailwind over SD.

Just out of curiosity, when are B ranks going to be added to the VR?

Mega Charizard Y should probably get a suspect test in the future. After one DD it becomes a menace for HO, Stall, & Balance teams. A sun boosted fire punch from a base 159 atk is already enough to KO many mons in the tier without any boosts. It's also capable of running all sorts of sets, not just being limited to DD. SD + Fire Punch, Earthquake, Solar Beam / HP Ice is great for wall breaking, and is incredibly good against Balance & HO teams if you're running Tailwind over SD.

As for Mega Charizard Y, I do not feel as if it is too good in the meta. It is easily revenge killed, can be stopped by other weather setters and takes time to set up.

New VR will be up soon.

mega zard y isn't worthy of a suspect test imo, for a number of reasons. For starters, rain is extremely solid in the meta, and pelipper, as well as most rain sweepers, act as hard checks to zard. Additionally, zard struggles with 4mss- you need SD to break through fat teams, DD to beat offense, tailwind to stop revenge killers, earthquake and thunder punch (even arguably dclaw to hit latios which has an ez time walling it), all the while having to choose between the raw power of flare blitz against the more consistent fire punch. Its bulk is nothing special and, thanks to its rocks weakness, it can be incredibly easily worn down by hazards throughout the game, as well as chip damage, if it chooses not to run roost. This 4mss leaves checks plentiful- bulky waters, grounds, latios / latios all can check it quite easily, while azu, scarf naga, scarf gren and even ashgren after rocks can force it out. It's average speed of 100 only makes this more of an issue. This is ignoring the fact that zard is completely forced out by the best mon in the tier, tapu koko, before a DD. Don't get me wrong, zard is certainly a top tier threat, it's just not worthy of a suspect test right now
TL;DR zard is easily worn down, has 4mss, has average speed + just ok bulk and loses to a number of incredibly threatening playstyles so isn't worthy of a suspect as it stands

mega zard y isn't worthy of a suspect test imo, for a number of reasons. For starters, rain is extremely solid in the meta, and pelipper, as well as most rain sweepers, act as hard checks to zard. Additionally, zard struggles with 4mss- you need SD to break through fat teams, DD to beat offense, tailwind to stop revenge killers, earthquake and thunder punch (even arguably dclaw to hit latios which has an ez time walling it), all the while having to choose between the raw power of flare blitz against the more consistent fire punch. Its bulk is nothing special and, thanks to its rocks weakness, it can be incredibly easily worn down by hazards throughout the game, as well as chip damage, if it chooses not to run roost. This 4mss leaves checks plentiful- bulky waters, grounds, latios / latios all can check it quite easily, while azu, scarf naga, scarf gren and even ashgren after rocks can force it out. It's average speed of 100 only makes this more of an issue. This is ignoring the fact that zard is completely forced out by the best mon in the tier, tapu koko, before a DD. Don't get me wrong, zard is certainly a top tier threat, it's just not worthy of a suspect test right now
TL;DR zard is easily worn down, has 4mss, has average speed + just ok bulk and loses to a number of incredibly threatening playstyles so isn't worthy of a suspect as it stands
Zard Y can take on Rain to be honest. Rain has to be very careful with Zard Y as it disrupts rain set up (allowing other team mates to wear them down or out speed & KO) & can late game sweep it. I'll admit that Mega Swampert can be a problem for Zard Y if you're straight up DD. Latios can get easily worn down & set up on by Zard Y. Obviously you run hazard removal with Zard Y, and this meta has a few decent hazard removers that pair up well with Zard Y. Rocks are an obvious weakness of Zard Y.

+1 252 Atk Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios in Sun: 147-174 (48.8 - 57.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Latios Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 174-205 (58.5 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
So next turn, it's getting KO'd. If it tries to roost or recover, it has to watch out for another DD.
+1 252 Atk Charizard-Mega-Y Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios in Sun: 237-279 (78.7 - 92.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Latios does not easily wall Zard Y.
Azumarill does not force it out that easily, as Zard Y can KO with +1 Thunder Punch. Also, if you wear it down a bit, +1 Flare Blitz KO too. Scarf Gren has to run rock slide. And Ash Gren should check before rocks, not after.

Also, Zard Y doesn't really have 4MSS, as it does partner with other mons really well that can take on it's checks. Meaning, you can choose what you want to run. As, you can easily switch out and have a free turn for another powerful mon. Take for instance Latios, allowing in Tapu Bulu or Tapu Koko. Not only that but, I feel as though Zard Y has too many opportunities to set up in this tier. For a lot of mons, they either can't do much back, or risk being KO'd. Forcing you to run a couple checks for it.

There are a lot of threats to worry about in this meta, which puts a lot of stress on team building. Zard Y and Tapu Koko should definitely be 2 threats to watch out for.

Viability Rankings
Welcome to the Viability Ranks for Reversed! Familiarise yourself with this resource page to build the best teams in this tier. This post will display the Pokemon used in the metagame ranked from best to worst in a letter based grading system. As the meta progresses the Viability Rankings will change frequently especially at the start of the developing meta. Although Reversed is an OU based tier, you should note that a lot of Pokemon have been made unviable due to the reversed stats and a lot of lesser used Pokemon will find their way up in the ranks.

Feel free to input your thoughts on the ranks of each Pokemon as well as nominating Pokemon to be in specific ranks. However in order to keep this orderly there will be a few rules in place.
- Do not post one liners about a Pokemon like "This Pokemon is broken" or "I can beat X Pokemon with X Pokemon why is it X rank".
- Post evidence to back up your claims such as replays and calculations to back up the point you are putting across.
- No toxic behaviour, if you do not agree with someone make sure to make a counter argument with facts and evidence rather than being aggressive.

Viability Ranking

S Rank

S
Tapu Koko

A
Naganadel
Tapu Bulu

Gyarados
Toxapex

Mega Charizard-Y
Landorus Therian
Dragonite
Mega Swampert

Chansey

B
Keldeo
Hoopa-U
Magearna
Mega Alakazam
Mega Diancie
Greninja
Zeraora
Victini
Nidoking
Ferrothorn
Tangrowth
Azumarill
Ferrothorn

Mew

C

Hippowdon
Latios
Celesteela
Reshiram
Kyurem White
Togekiss
Mega Lopunny
Pelipper
Alolan Marowak
Kartana

D
Alolan Golem
Regigigas
Swellow
Nihilego
Sylveon
Pyroar
Sceptile
Weavile
Meloetta
Skarmory
GOOD NEWS!

Viability Rankings have been updated and are now much more accurate to the current metagame trends. Obviously there will be some rankings that will change over time so please keep posting about Pokemon you find viable in the tier.

We are also updating sample teams. Feel free to post teams you are using with a description of how the team works and why they are viable.

I feel as though Mega Aero should have been ranked.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ancient Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Speed ties with Mega Alakazam, which is HUGE! Good check to Zard Y. Pairs up well with T-Tar & Hippowdon. Not only that but, it has a pretty good movepool, even though it's STAB moves suck. All in all though, the main selling point for this mon being ranked is due to it's speed. Could be good enough for C rank.

Here's the team I made, but I'm having a lot of trouble, specially with fighting types, even more specially with Mega Lopunny. And I really don't know what to do, as Kartana (the team's worst member) is a defogger (zard really apreaciates it)

I really like Gigas because he is quite bulky and hits hard, but a Tapu on the field means no stab for him

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Dark Pulse

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Wish

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

Regigigas @ Leftovers
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Ancient Power

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Calm Mind
- Vacuum Wave
- Defog

I've found Torkoal to be great here. It gets base 140 special defense. Throw in an assault vest and you have yourself a great spdef mon.
View attachment 126047
Underrated (Torkoal) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Drought
EVs: 244 HP / 96 SpA / 168 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Rapid Spin
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power

It easily takes care of bulu,switching in on it and ohkoing it with fire blast with the 96 EVs or forcing it to switch out. Darm can barely 3hko it with focus blast/fire blast and Kartana does not want to face it. Calcs below :
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Bulu Dazzling Gleam vs. 244 HP / 168 SpD Assault Vest Torkoal: 47-56 (13.7 - 16.3%)

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Focus Blast vs. 244 HP / 168 SpD Assault Vest Torkoal: 103-122 (30.1 - 35.6%) -- 35.2% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Kartana Air Slash vs. 244 HP / 168 SpD Assault Vest Torkoal: 61-73 (17.8 - 21.3%) -- possible 5HKO

252+ SpA Swampert-Mega Surf vs. 244 HP / 168 SpD Assault Vest Torkoal in Sun: 78-92 (22.8 - 26.9%) -- 31% chance to 4HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Earth Power vs. 244 HP / 168 SpD Assault Vest Torkoal: 192-229 (56.1 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

96+ SpA Torkoal Solar Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rampardos: 320-378 (95.5 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

96+ SpA Torkoal Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 56 SpD Tapu Bulu in Sun: 320-380 (93.2 - 110.7%)

96+ SpA Torkoal Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Darmanitan: 226-266 (64.3 - 75.7%)

It pretty much takes on Darmanitan and checks Bulu and Kartana. Also helps stop a sweep from rock polish Rampardos by living an earth power. You can also live a combo of surf + earth power from mega pert and ohko with solar beam. Along with that it also gets rapid spin for hazard removal.

The only drawback here is the lack of healing which is a big problem, maybe pairing it with a wish mon could be considered.
Combining Drought Torkoal with Darm can also be quite deadly.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7reversed-772101944

Overall I think Torkoal deserves some recognition and just wanted to post about it :blobshrug:. [I feel like the EV spread can be improved]
Before I posted about Torkoal as a great spdef mon that can still hit really hard.Ok it’s slow and doesn’t have good recovery but every mon has its flaws and torkoal here is excellent in the areas it’s good at. My reasoning is mentioned above. Hopefully it can be given a ranking even if it’s D rank.

Some sets that have been putting in huge work for me

Reshiram @ Leftovers
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD, Sassy nature
Roost
Blue Flare
Dragon Tail
Will-o-Wisp

This walls like 4/6 mons on many teams I've faced and it threatens most switch-ins. It doesn't just wall special attackers, either, as 276 Def uninvested is pretty good. For instance Mega Zam can't 2HKO you. The fourth moveslot doesn't get used that much so you could run Defog or Toxic over Wisp, depending what your team needs.

Magearna @ Normalium Z
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe, Adamant nature
Shift Gear
Iron Head
Explosion
Brick Break

I've seen a lot of Fightinium Z versions but I really think this is the right way to run it. 200 BP Breakneck Blitz OHKOes a lot pokemon looking to resist Iron Head such as Keldeo or Charizard. It sets up pretty easily and even hard walls the questionably A-tier Naganadel. Brick Break may be weak but again if Steels were that common you wouldn't see Naganadel so much now would you.

Yo Reversed. So I am dropping 2 teams that I've found some good success with on ladder. https://prnt.sc/k89uz6

http://pokepast.es/567e46126a3e3cee - Webs team
So, this team revolves around webs. First up, Tyranitar: A bulky mon that can be used as a powerful offensive pivot if needed. Next is Araquanid: A solid web setter that can dish out a ton of damage. It holds focus sash to guarantee that sticky webs does go up. I ran max speed as if you decide not use it as fodder, it does out speed a large portion of the metagame after webs, and has decent natural bulk. Mega Alakazam, an excellent mon that really excels at breaking teams. Also, it's good for scarf mons like Keldeo and Nagadel. Not only that but, it is a good check to rain teams, alongside Tyranitar. Scarf Lando, mainly used to get up rocks, to act as a physically defensive pivot, and to out speed any non-scarf mons just in case webs are gone. Shift Gear Magearna is the set-up mon that does really well against HO and Balance teams. Zen Headbutt is for mons like Toxapex; and Brick Break is used for steel types. Lastly, Nidoking: a good all-out-attacker, and great for late game due it's ability + movepool. Modest nature because webs.

http://pokepast.es/1e8360b8162f113f - Rain team

This rain team is a team I saw used by Lolilicker69 use to get from top 10 to top 5. A few differences are that my team uses ferrothorn, my mega swampert runs sludge wave over rocks, also my nagadel is jolly nature instead of adamant nature. Ferrothorn is used for hazards. It also runs chople berry for checking non-fightinium Z Keldeo. Dragonium Z is used on Dragonite to deter special attack drop. It's also used as a hurricane spammer. Thundurus is the thunder spammer. Mega Swampert is an A-O-A fast swim sweeper. Pelipper for rain (and emergency hazard clearer). Nagadel is a way of taking on various threats that might annoy the rain play style (M-Alakazam), while also providing to be another sweeper that doesn't require rain to be up.

Sharpedo should be added to the vr. With just ice beam, hydro pump, and dark pulse, it's able to take on a lot of the meta. Speed Boost is really good as an ability, allowing Sharpedo to take on various top threats. It can even turn into an easy snowball effect, and easily takes on HO and certain bulky offense teams. Sharpedo Mega with mixed attacks is pretty good too. It's capable of revenge killing Mega Alakazam, Mega Sceptile, Mega Aerodactyl, and other fast threats that pack a huge punch without the need of a scarf. Which comes in handy big time. Even Mega Sharpedo should be added as it is capable of breaking bulky cores. It's also capable of running mixed sets to take people off guard. Psychic Fangs, Crunch, & Hydro Pump is a pretty good set (Protect obviously in the last slot). I could see Sharpedo being in B rank, and Mega Sharpedo being in B rank as well.

Klefki should also be added to the vr. Really solid at spreading t-wave (DUH), spikes, and being a general annoyance. Dazzling Gleam / Play Rough, Magnet Rise, Spikes, T-Wave is a solid support set. Imprison, Spikes, Defog, T-Wave / Dazzling Gleam is also another solid support set that allows you to set up spikes and make sure that all hazards stay up against defoggers. Klefki could probably be in D or C rank.

Knuckstrike

Hi I'm FIREEEE
is a Tiering Contributor
1532538548946.png
1532538579878.png
1532538603066.png
1532538635892.png
1532538673535.png
1532538717187.png

Hiya, I'd like to introduce you to yet another cancer stall team. I generally try to get a stall team going for every OM to see how it fairs. I'd say this one has been a success, having been #1 on the ladder for 25 days in a row now (the entire month so far).
It features many of the classic stall mons. The funny thing about the meta is that mons generally check the same mons that they do in OU or any other tier; they just do it on the other attacking side. This team is built to check/counter all of the prevalent meta threats.

1532538548946.png

Chansey is part of the famous sab/chansey core that is known to be tough to break. Being a special wall in regular OU, it's now a near unbreakable wall on the physical side in Reversed, forming a very good physical wall core together with Clefable. Where Chansey brings the raw physical defense, Clefable can step in if the opponent tries to set up.
Wish+Softboiled is used over Wish+Protect or Softboiled to have the option of immediate healing, as well as the option to pass it to a teammate. Wish+Softboiled is also 32 healing pp instead of just 16 that either move would give. Chansey is also the best possible stealth rocker on the team, not really needing a different move as many others are running toxic and Clefable has room for Heal Bell.

Aims to wall:
1532539001350.png
1532539033156.png
1532539048088.png
1532541490983.png

1532538603066.png

The other part of the physically defensive core, Clefable patches up many of the problems Chansey might face defending against a physical threat such as setup or fighting type attacks. Heal bell is put on Clefable rather than Chansey so that Chansey can set up rocks rather than Clefable. In addition, it needs to Heal Bell itself more often than Chansey does.
Of course unaware is the ability of choice as it's invaluable against setup. It's a shame Quagsire has base 65 defense now.

Aims to wall:
1532539200248.png
1532539219566.png
1532539256932.png
1532539495160.png

1532538717187.png

Speaking of unbreakable, Assault Vest Tangrowth is even better than it is in regular OU. Now with a 125 base SpD, it shrugs off even super effective special attacks and can cripple the opponent with Knock Off or try and hit it super effectively with its coverage. With the large number of rain teams, Tangrowth is a very welcome addition. HP Ice is chosen over HP Fire as the team struggles more against Dragonite/Zygarde than against Kartana/Ferrothorn, having Sableye/Zapdos as a check to the grass types.

Aims to wall:
1532539417123.png
1532539349360.png
1532539441100.png
1532539982396.png

1532538579878.png

Sableye is almost unmissable on stall teams in general. Its ability to stop hazard stackers from working effectively while having enough bulk to take on many of the tier's threats is unmatched by any other mon. In contrast to the rest of the team, it has mixed defensive investment to check more pokemon that fill a hazard stacking role while also getting a Knock Off off on Life Orbed mons such as Nidoking.

Aims to wall:
1532539470754.png
1532539530955.png
1532539600699.png
1532540006538.png

1532538673535.png

Alomomola works as part of a Regenerator core with Tangrowth, being more overall bulky compared to Tangrowth's purely special bulk. With its massive HP stat it's able to take mostly any unboosted hit and put any enemy on a timer with Toxic. It's then able to protect and scout, after which it's able to switch out into the right check, dealing 3 turns of Toxic damage while healing back with regenerator. It's a vital member to scout if Pokemon are physical or special as it's usually able to take a hit from either side and use Regenerator to keep itself healthy afterwards. Scald can be abused for burns on pokemon that are poison immune such as Naganadel that like to switch in.

Aims to wall:
1532539647055.png
1532539812893.png
1532540025537.png
1532540225353.png

1532538635892.png

Zapdos was added last as a countermeasure against the many set-up grass types that roam the tier that can deal with Clefable. Bulu and Kartana come first to mind. While not caring much about their special grass-type attacks as it's fully invested in Special Defense, Zapdos can choose to drill peck them for massive damage or whirlwind them out if they become too threatening. Defog is also amazing to have on the team, as though Sableye can handle many setters, Excadrill and Clefable will still manage to get up rocks.

Aims to wall:
1532539563276.png
1532539578594.png
1532540755210.png
1532540868437.png

Threatlist:

1532539256932.png

Swords Dance Roost Zard is very threatening as long as the sun is up. It's able to deal more damage than Chansey or Clefable can heal in the sun. Going Clefable on a Swords Dance and wish/protect-stalling out the sun is usually an option, and Chansey can do the same while it's not set up yet. Going Alomomola immediately is also an option if it lacks Thunderpunch as it's able to Toxic Charizard, after which it's much less devastating. Sacking a high HP mon to kill it through Flare Blitz recoil is also an option.

1532540240684.png

Rampardos is unwallable. It gets too many options, and I don't want to put a mon without recovery like aggron on my team just to wall it. Hopefully Sableye can Knock Off its LO, or Alomomola can Toxic it, after which it becomes a lot easier to deal with.

1532540375983.png

Excadrill can't do much damage by itself, but it's always able to get up rocks and zapdos can't do much more than Defog them away, especially against a leftovers Excadrill. Sacking itself for rocks and a Toxic off on something can be an opening for the opponent to start an assault with some good predictions on their end.

1532539033156.png

Taunt Gardevoir is a cute invention to try and beat this stall team as Clefable is 2hko'd and while Chansey still beats it, it's often low enough after that an opponent can take advantage of it. Predicting right and quickly hammering away at it with Seismic Tosses is often the best action plan.

1532540441114.png

Ditto stall can very well beat this team, especially considering I'm running Static Zapdos and not Pressure. Switching back and forth between a regenerator core works, though if the opponent can do the same, it might turn into a stalemate.

1532541515507.png

Nasty Plot Crobat, as well as other special setup that beats Zapdos, is a huge threat that can easily sweep late-game, especially if it's the last mon standing and I can't whirlwind it. Burning it and having Zapdos/Tangrowth weaken it is my best shot.

1532540025537.png

Dragonite is a last threat. Though it doesn't beat HP ice Tangrowth or Alomomola 1-on-1, if it gets all predictions right and some luck on its side, it can potentially break through. Hurricane still does decent damage to Tangrowth, and Thunder easily 2HKO's Alomomola. A Toxiced Dragonite is near-useless, so getting it off is a priority.

Previous Members:

1532539681025.png

Amoonguss was used over Tangrowth to check Koko better, as it resists fairy and can actually take a brave bird. With Koko being banned though, Tangrowth now sets better as an AV user because it's less reliant on Spore and has more annoying coverage options.

1532539835410.png

Skarmory was used over zapdos back when I was even worse than I am now. It really features a lot less defensive power, as it's weak to many of the special attacks that the mons it's supposed to counter throw at it, such as Rampardos' thunderbolt, Nidoking's flamethrower, etc. Zapdos is a better fit and can get defogs off more reliably.

Toxapex was used over Tangrowth/Amoonguss as a double water core with Alomomola. As they have too many special weaknesses in common, I didn't want to rely on a double water core for my only regen mons.

Replays:

(1) Against the most standard of teams with some luck going against me.

Importable:

http://pokepast.es/b9492d85c38b663b

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)