Research Week #2: Shiftry, Ursaring, Klang and Rampardos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rampardos is also a cool mon, just because its so strong! Head Smash is basically Explosion that you can sometimes use twice, which is super cool. Rock-type explosion is ridiculous because like nothing can switch in except Probo. Outside of that, it has a bunch of cool moves so it doesn't suicide taking out things it doesn't have to. Crunch to own Golurk and Missy, EQ to wreck Rocks like Golem etc. It used to be really cool back before Mold Breaker Sawk was released, but has really fallen since then. Nowadays its just an ok nuke that I sometimes use for fun. It isn't great by any means, but it is definitely something fun to use if you want to keep SR off the field without using Sawk!

It partners well with Charizard, who appreciates Rocks being out of the way so he can spam Fire Blast more. Zard also appreciates stealth rock out of the way for more switches!!

Anything that doesn't liek rock types likes Rampy support. So Braviary, Swellow etc can all benefit. Rampardos isnt great though so it shouldnt just be thrown on a team for no reason.

Ursaring sucks dont use it

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Why would you say Ursa sucks? It certainly seems viable with Swords Dance + Quick Feet and powerful coverage, or the batshit powerful Guts Ursa that even Alomomola pauses to switch into.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay this week is now over (sorry Punchshroom, but Raseri can answer it in the NP thread since it's relevant to the meta!) Anyway, more discussion this week than last week, and hopefully we'll keep it up for the next week (which imma post in a sec). :3 If you want to discuss the mons more in this meta, feel free to use the NP thread~

Personally I'm going to be using Shiftry and Rampardos a lot more, so this for me this has been a good discovery research week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)