ORAS RU RegiMola: The Origination

Hello friends! We are back again for the first time in eons. This is hands-down my favorite RU team to use, although the banning of Tyrantrum means it is no longer as good as it once was. Since my team just won RUPL, I figured that this was the perfect time to post it. I went 3-0 with this team during the tournament, and Star. also won with it in the finals against Zamrock.

This team was originally created when Tesung asked me to build an RU team for him vs. Bouffalant in Grand Slam playoffs (before the bracket reset, lol). Alomomola has always been one of my favorite Pokemon to use, and pairing with Registeel seemed to work really well for countering a wide variety of threats. I decided to add on a Golbat for Defog support, Magnet Rise Magneton to trap Mega Steelix (shoutouts Omfuga), Choice Scarf Tryantrum as a cleaner and revenge killer, and a Linoone because Linoone is god-like. Tesung decided to use some 49 team instead of mine, so he ended up losing. I forgot about this team for a long time, until about a month and a half ago, when I remembered it existed. After winning countless RU roomtours, I decided to optimize the team by replacing Linoone. Golbat also seemed to be pretty mediocre in most games, and after Amoonguss's removal from the tier, it was needed even less. After trying out various Pokemon, I finally settled on Drapion and Uxie as the last two members of my team. The names come from one of my favorite anime, Aria the Origination.

The Team:

Distant Blue (Alomomola) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect

Alomomola is by far the most important Pokemon on this team. It can switch into a wide variety of threats, and heal all of the other members of the team. Alomomola can easily spread Toxics around the opposition, which can allow me to play around a great deal of threats with the help of Regenerator. Its ability to pass wishes is what allows this team to function, as I can trade health to either damage or status the opposition more freely, knowing that Alomomola can heal that specific Pokemon back later on. The EV spread is the old BW2 one; I chose to use Max Defense on this team because Registeel can beat most special threats with the help of Alomomola's Wish passing; not to mention, Alomomola is already bulky enough to take hits from the likes of Delphox and Houndoom and nail them with a Toxic. Its ability to switch in to most attacks in this tier and then heal itself with Regenerator gives this team ways to play around a myriad of threats.

Snow White (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic

The other half of the dreaded core. Registeel counters a great deal of the special attackers in this tier, and can spread Toxic very easily. Protect is extremely useful on this team, as it helps chip down the opposition in tandem with Toxic and also lets Registeel restore its HP. Having Alomomola on this team augments Registeel's status as a premier defensive behemoth, as it is able to sustain damage from Pokemon such as Flygon and then restore its HP later on with the assistance of Alomomola. Taking hits with Registeel in order to Toxic threats is one of the fundamental keys to using this team, as badly poisoning the enemy can make them a great deal less threatening for this team due to its use of 3 Protect Pokemon. While its main role is absorbing special hits, Registeel's great typing can allow it to take Head Smashes from Tyrantrum and Double-Edges from Mega Glalie if need be.

Crimson Rose (Magneton) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Magneton's main purpose on this team is to trap and kill Mega Steelix. Toxic Mega Steelix is a major threat to this team without Magneton's existence; Magnet Rise allows it to completely destroy these sets. If Mega Steelix runs Roar over Toxic, it is much less problematic for Alomomola, and thus, is not as much of a threat for this team. Magneton does not really need Speed investment on this team, so I chose to put the EVs into HP. This lets it tank some weak hits and retaliate back with its strong STAB moves; Alomomola's ability to heal Magneton makes the latter that much more potent defensively. Magneton is the team's #1 answer to other Alomomola and Blastoise, as Volt Switch can let me easily grab momentum against them. I chose to use Hidden Power Fire over Hidden Power Water in order to hit Registeel, which can be beaten by this Magneton once the former takes a lot of damage. Hidden Power Water is an option to hit Mega Camerupt, however. Magneton is also extremely helpful against Sub Bulk Up Braviary, and is another amazing answer to Fletchinder.

Twilight Princess (Uxie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- U-turn
- Protect
- Psyshock

This is a very innovative set that I made in order to fix some of the team's glaring weaknesses. I chose Uxie because the team had no ground immunity, and was also very weak to Fighting-type attacks. Heal Bell support is very useful, as it lets Alomomola trade Toxics with the opposition and come out unscathed in the future; it can also free Registeel of any potential burns caused by Scald. Protect is useful for recovering Uxie's HP, and also goes hand-in-hand with the Toxic-spreading nature of the team. Psyshock is a solid STAB move that lets Uxie handle Virizion, which is otherwise very threatening for this team. U-turn is very good at grabbing momentum, and allows Uxie to act as a very effective pivot. For example, Uxie can switch into any of Sigilyph's attacks and proceed to U-Turn to Drapion, which can then trap it. Once again, Alomomola's ability to heal its teammates is what allows this set to function properly as a pivot.

Queen of Roses (Drapion) @ Choice Band
Ability: Battle Armor
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- X-Scissor
- Poison Jab

Drapion's primary purpose on this team is to trap opposing Sigilyph and Hoopa, and also give me an answer to Malamar. I chose to use Choice Banded Drapion because the team needed something with a great deal of immediate power; it also makes its Pursuits stronger, allowing it to trap more Pokemon. Drapion is also a solid answer to enemy Venusaur, being able to threaten it with a very strong Knock Off. X-Scissor exists on this set solely to combat Malamar, which could otherwise sweep this team very easily. Uxie functions very well alongside Drapion, as it allows Drapion to get in unscathed thanks to its slow U-turns; its ability to Heal Bell also makes Drapion much more effective, as it can rid Drapion of any unwanted status conditions such as sleep. CB Drapion is also a very unexpected set, so most opponents are caught off guard by its immediate power, allowing it to be more effective. The Speed EVs outspeed Max Speed Timid Venusaur and Max Speed Jolly Medicham; being able to trap Life Orb or CB Medicham is also very useful for this team.

Seiren (Tyrantrum) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Superpower

Tyrantrum is the team's revenge killer, and due to its massive power, it serves as a solid cleaner and breaker as well. Head Smash annihilates most of the things in the tier, and is the main reason why this behemoth was recently banned. Superpower is stronger than Earthquake, so I chose to use it for the immediate power it provides. Aerial Ace is an option over Dragon Claw to OHKO Virizion, but Dragon Claw can be useful in many situations when both Head Smash and Outrage are too risky for one to consider. Tyrantrum lets this team handle many of the threats in this tier, and its solid physical bulk lets it tank some attacks as well. The opposition will be worn down throughout the match due to the Toxic + Protect strategy the team utilizes, allowing Tyrantrum to maul them when they are weakened. Magneton's ability to remove Mega Steelix makes Tyrantrum that much more threatening as well.

Threats:
Spikestack: Spikes can be very problematic for this team, as they can neutralize Alomomola's Regenerator ability and greatly hinder the other Pokemon on the team from switching in. Pain Split Garbodor is an especially annoying Pokemon for this team to face.

Malamar: Malamar can still be annoying to face, especially if the Malamar-user is aware that Drapion has X-Scissor.

Dugtrio: Dugtrio can trap Registeel, Drapion, and Magneton, which can be pretty annoying against some teams. It is especially potent when paired with Malamar, as that combination can be almost impossible for this team to overcome.

Scrafty: Scrafty can be pretty annoying to handle. If Scrafty has Shed Skin, just click X because the game is over, lol.

Block Mega Glalie: It traps Alomomola, which can make the team function a great deal less effectively if it occurs early enough in the match.

Sub Bulk Up Gallade: This pretty much just sweeps.

Mega Camerupt: This can be really annoying to play around, and you have to hope that the team matches up well vs the rest of the opponent's Pokemon.

Lanturn: This can be ridiculously annoying due to its ability to Heal Bell and completely shut down Magneton.

Delphox and Houndoom: These two can be annoying for this team. The best way to beat them is to trade health on either Alomomola or Registeel and Toxic them. Once they are statused, they are a great deal less threatening, although you may still have to sack a Pokemon. They are a lot easier to handle than the above threats, though.

Virizion + Pursuit: If Uxie is weakened by a Pursuit trapper, or is simply not health for whatever reason, SD and CM Virizion can be very annoying to handle. Once again, this is easier to handle than the above threats, and is manageable.

Importable (make sure to change Tyrantrum though, and probably Magneton):

Queen of Roses (Drapion) @ Choice Band
Ability: Battle Armor
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- X-Scissor
- Poison Jab

Crimson Rose (Magneton) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Seiren (Tyrantrum) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Superpower

Distant Blue (Alomomola) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect

Twilight Princess (Uxie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- U-turn
- Protect
- Psyshock

Snow White (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)