BW OU Reflections - A team by Stone_Cold (peaked #1)

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
^ Yache Berry on Dragonite is unneeded since SubRoost DDNite already does a good job at sponging Ice hits. Leftovers is by far the superior item.

If ScarfHaxorus and Dragonite gives you problems, why not slap Tailwind > Rain Dance on Tornadus? I mean Dugtrio does a good job at removing TTars and Ninetales, and Dragonite doesn't necessarily need Rain to function well, imo.

^ Yache Berry on Dragonite is unneeded since SubRoost DDNite already does a good job at sponging Ice hits. Leftovers is by far the superior item.

If ScarfHaxorus and Dragonite gives you problems, why not slap Tailwind > Rain Dance on Tornadus? I mean Dugtrio does a good job at removing TTars and Ninetales, and Dragonite doesn't necessarily need Rain to function well, imo.
Ah, Leftovers accounts for weather damage, allowing health to stay at full, I see :) That makes sense

You guys keep saying if, if, if, if. The only time it CAN get a dd is IF duggy is in. The other 5 pokemon on my team OHKO it. I haven't faced a scarf flygon once lol.
Poli locked into hp grass/hydropump, dugtrio killing something to have it come in (gogotoxic), & gyara is only ohkoed by tornadus & jolteon

the thing you don't understand is that he won't spam hp grass / hydro pump with politoed when he knows that there's a dd mence waiting, and he won't recklessly use dugtrio like that. he can do so because of team preview -__________-. he can play around the threats through good prediction, which stone_cold obviously has to get to #1

also, stone, why don't you use lo on jolt? the extra power is always helpful, and jolteon is pretty frail anyway...

how do you deal with porygon 2? you have no strong fighting moves except for tornadus, who probably gets ohkoed by ice beam/tbolt, and dnite cant stall out ice beams because he'll just eat a toxic or twave.

if it has twave i guess trio can badly hurt it, but if it has toxic trio becomes useless..

the thing you don't understand is that he won't spam hp grass / hydro pump with politoed when he knows that there's a dd mence waiting, and he won't recklessly use dugtrio like that. he can do so because of team preview -__________-. he can play around the threats through good prediction, which stone_cold obviously has to get to #1

also, stone, why don't you use lo on jolt? Tthe extra power is always helpful, and jolteon is pretty frail anyway...
Except if jirachi comes in, what are you gonna do?
if you cant use trio, well.. gg

@p2: uh dnite has sub. duggy can trap with elec immune, using something like starmie as a pivot idk, and sub down to max reversal. p2 does not enjoy eating storm stabs and boosted water attacks anyway. oh yea and who uses p2 in OU besides the odd TR team.

holler at your boy, stone

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Lol the object of a rmt isn't to try and stump me, which is obviously what kyurem is trying to do and it's getting old lol. It's like making a hail team and telling me im weak to fire, I know the weaknesses, I stated that in the first post of the thread. Ive been 6-0'd by a pory2 before via eternal, that didn't happen again. Normally I trap w/ duggy and then let Hurricane finish it off. Im not dumb enough to get locked into a move vs a set up pokemon, and salamence is hardly ever used anyway and for good reason. It sucks this gen. The more time I play against big threats, the least amount of times they work, im accumsted to how they play and what to do against them, just like any person would be. You guys act like someones team is gonna be...

Pory2, Cloyster, Haxorus, Mence, Rachi, Mammoswine xD.

Lol the object of a rmt isn't to try and stump me, which is obviously what kyurem is trying to do and it's getting old lol. It's like making a hail team and telling me im weak to fire, I know the weaknesses, I stated that in the first post of the thread. Ive been 6-0'd by a pory2 before via eternal, that didn't happen again. Normally I trap w/ duggy and then let Hurricane finish it off. Im not dumb enough to get locked into a move vs a set up pokemon, and salamence is hardly ever used anyway and for good reason. It sucks this gen. The more time I play against big threats, the least amount of times they work, im accumsted to how they play and what to do against them, just like any person would be. You guys act like someones team is gonna be...

Pory2, Cloyster, Haxorus, Mence, Rachi, Mammoswine xD.
*steals team*

on a serious note, I really enjoyed reading through this rmt, this is the kind of team that I really enjoy making. Of course it has its weaknesses, but if you play with careful prediction, you can overcome those weaknesses and end up on top. I haven't had the chance to play you using this team though I remember playing you a few times while you were using a hail team and those matches were always close. Props for using some underrated monsters like jolteon and dugtrio.

I have one minor suggestion that I would like for you to try out. Have you considered using mystic water/splash plate on starmie instead of leftovers? I understand your reasoning behind lefties as starmie dies too quickly with life orb; for the same reason, I used lefties on starmie on my rain team for a while. However, I quickly found out that it just wasn't doing the amount of damage that I liked. Thats when I tried out Splash Plate, and though it sounds kind of odd, it really works. Starmie is usually spamming hydro pump anyway and the extra 20% helps out immensely, all while still not losing hp from lo. Its also fun watching your opponent struggle to figure out what item you're holding lol. I know you probably won't use this team anymore since everyone and their dog knows it, but give it a try.

Great team, congrats on #1. Definitely archived.

I have a question:

Why not HP Fire on Starmie? I think that two Mons with HP grass might be redundant, considering they're both water types, and you have no entirely viable way to 100% deal with Ferrothorn.

Also, since you hardly ever Sub with Dragonite and baton pass into him through Jolteon, why not Earthquake instead of Substitute, and Outrage rather than Dragon Claw for more raw power. Could someone clarify this for me please? :)

I have a question:

Why not HP Fire on Starmie? I think that two Mons with HP grass might be redundant, considering they're both water types, and you have no entirely viable way to 100% deal with Ferrothorn.

Also, since you hardly ever Sub with Dragonite and baton pass into him through Jolteon, why not Earthquake instead of Substitute, and Outrage rather than Dragon Claw for more raw power. Could someone clarify this for me please? :)
Running HP Fire on Starmie in a Drizzle team is not a good idea. HP Grass destroys Quagsire and Gastrodon, allowing Dragonite, Jolteon, Politoed, and Starmie itself to have an easier time to do their thing.

Ferrothorn won't enjoy taking a hit from Tornadus and Dragonite can just set up on it. Jolteon can also sub pass if Ferrothorn lacks Power Whip.

Running Earthquake and Outrage would defeat the purpose of using such a bulky Dragonite. Everything you'd want to use Earthquake on is basically taken care of by Dugtrio. Skarmory is covered by four other members and can't do anything if Dragonite is the last pokemon. The damage boost on Outrage is outweighed by the negative aftereffect of self-confusion.

...At least, that's what I think.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
I agree with everything he said ^

Whats the point of Outrage if after 2-3 turns, I can just die to confuse hax? It also leaves me vunerable to being attacked if I don't happen to get that 1 hit KO. With D-Claw, I can attack, roost, sub, attack, etc and always have a consistent amount of health. Hp Fire on Starmie isn't a good idea, and hp grass 2 hits rotom on the switch in!

Damn dude.
One of the best teams and lol I've battled 20 different people who all used this team It was kinda funny cuz they didn't know what they were doing and got smashed on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)