[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

I just noticed that some of my past generation Event-Pokemon have their names changed from CAPS to gen 5 and gen 6 writting variant (MEW became Mew and DEOXYS became Deoxys) but pokemon I have caught myself remained unchanged.
I think that should be added to the OP to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
someone on another forum is offering me this,
is it hacked ? I've seen it all over the place and wasn't sure ~

Shiny Rayquaza | Air Lock | Adamant | 6IV | mai| 32760 | Master Ball

It is impossible to obtain a 31/31/31/31/31/31 IV spread with an Adamant nature in Gens 4 and 3. This Rayquaza is 100% hacked.
Thanks, I thought it was the case !
is a 6IV japanese Lugia with Multiscale and Timid Nature hacked as well ? (it's shiny)
Annnd the ID is 57642 ~

Absolutely. Multiscale Lugia is exclusive to the Pokemon Dream Radar and Pokemon from the Dream Radar cannot be shiny at all.
So the only possible shiny Lugias are ones with pressure ?
Or is it impossible to obtain them shiny at all ?
And is it okay to keep on asking whether a pokemon is hacked here ?
I'm just a bit wary of my trades since that Mew, and I honestly have a difficult time telling which pokemon are hacked or legit >___<

evo25

so nice!
I'm just a bit wary of my trades since that Mew, and I honestly have a difficult time telling which pokemon are hacked or legit >___<
You can get lugia shiny from g3/4 since its not shiny locked its just impossible to get shiny with its HA!

Maybe we need a "Is this pokemon hacked!?" thread? Mods get on it! =D

If people used common sense, bred and captured stuff on their own and traded with reputable people then there would be no problem. I removed everything from my thread that I did not obtain myself and I will never have to worry about trading hacked stuff. If you have to ask if something is hacked, you probably should not trade it.

If people used common sense, bred and captured stuff on their own and traded with reputable people then there would be no problem. I removed everything from my thread that I did not obtain myself and I will never have to worry about trading hacked stuff. If you have to ask if something is hacked, you probably should not trade it.
Well if people only traded with other reputable people, then those who've just started out wouldn't be able to get anything -so it's not really fair at all, if you think about it.

Besides, anyone who's not on the blacklist is good on my list.

On a sidenote, a 6IV Mew cannot have a nature besides timid, modest, calm, docile, and naive ? I'm not too familiar with earlier generations ~

Thats good and all but essentially excludes every new player from trading. Its nice for someone that possibly can get everything they need form older games and probably doesn't even need to trade anyway. The ones that need to trade get stuck with breedables... How many breedables do people want for a single RNG Legend? Yeah... None...

Well if people only traded with other reputable people, then those who've just started out wouldn't be able to get anything -so it's not really fair at all, if you think about it.

On a sidenote, a 6IV Mew cannot have a nature besides timid, modest, calm, docile, and naive ? I'm not too familiar with earlier generations ~
When I say reputable I mean someone who isn't blacklisted. I'm not trying to say don't trade with new people. I was new once, too. New people tend to flock to this site with boxes of pokemon with unknown origins, which they trade. It's not surprising when problems arise with hacked pokemon. I have no problem trading with new people, but I definitely will not trade with someone who can't tell me where their stuff came from. Again, common sense. With how breeding mechanics have changed this generation, anyone can put in a little time to get a nice little trade thread going without having to fill it with random, possibly hacked, pokemon.

And a side note, it's way easier to RNG a stationary legend in earlier generations than it was to breed anything. People just want them because pokebank isn't out yet, which will change.

Last edited:

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

A Mew from Generation 3 can only be Timid/Modest/Calm/Docile. Naive doesn't apply to Generation 3 Mew. In Generation 4, due to Mew being a wondercard only Pokemon, it can have any nature/IV combination.

Legends : Timid Zapdos w/HP Ice/Heat Wave (OT : a korean name, ID : 22416) Reason : FRLG isn't RNG abusable yet
credit goes to crashteamalphing
IIRC FRLG is abusable on Emu and GBA. Although a retail RNG'd one is very unlikely to have a perfect HP Ice Spread.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't RNG'd anything in months now.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
IIRC FRLG is abusable on Emu and GBA. Although a retail RNG'd one is very unlikely to have a perfect HP Ice Spread.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't RNG'd anything in months now.
For all intents and purposes, it's not possible on retail. It's doable on emulator, but as I said here, the ones who can do it tend to keep the results to themselves.

I was wondering if anyone knows if this poke is hacked:

Shiny 6IV Latios in master ball JPN
level 68 - 0 EV's
Name: Latios in japanese (can't type japanese)
OT: in japanese
ID: 29496
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Region: Unova
Moves: psycho shift, dragon dance, psychic, heal pulse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)