VGC Rate my VGC team!

I'm trying out this VGC team!!!! Please have a look and share any tips, criticisms or suggestions. I open to them :3

P.S - Please read the descriptions that justify my current choices.

Oranguru (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Inner Focus
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 20 SpA / 96 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Instruct
- Psychic
- Protect
I wanted to give my team the option of trick room but not rely; thus I can choose to use Oranguru or not as I please. Also, the idea of using instruct is intriguing to me, especially with multi-hit moves. And, the way I structured this team, Oranguru, despite not being one of the best SpA attackers, is 1 of my 2 only SpA attackers.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 180 HP / 180 Atk / 148 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Wide Guard
- Heavy Slam
Celesteela is just a great wall, I don't know what I could use as a replacement. Whether I want to make it SpD orientated or Def orientated is something I'm debating. The move set is pretty self explanatory, except for wide guard. I'm contemplating making that flamethrower; but wide guard is handy.

Snorlax (M) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 68 HP / 196 Atk / 244 Def
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Facade
- Recycle
- Curse
Curselax works better with this team over drumlax due to trickroom, so I thought it would be a good idea. I chose rock slide over high horse power because of the Instruct on Oranguru. Facade is my STAB option over return because of possible paralyses but also to work with will-o-wisp on my Marowak.

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect
I have to admit, I chose Tapu Lele because I decided that a Tapu was essential to my team in VGC, I chose Lele because: 1) I needed a solid SpA Pokemon. 2) Tapu Fini's misty terrain would've interfered with facade and will-o-wisp. Whether to replace LeLe with Tapu Koko or another SpA Pokemon is something I've been thinking. I chose a calm mind + Psychium Z to keep my offensive options open. As my only solid SpA Pokemon, I think that flexibility is necessary. It is however my second Z-Move, so item choice is debatable. SO MANY OPTIONS!

Marowak-Alola (M) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 4 Def / 68 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Will-O-Wisp
- Detect
Great partner for Celesteela, amazing if I use trick room and gives me great fire coverage. What else is to be said? Except for the will-o-wisp. I find this to be good utility against any physical sweepers and especially against set up Pokemon such as swords dance Garchomp etc. And as a bonus, it can help my facade Snorlax.

Krookodile (M) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 52 HP / 156 Atk / 44 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Taunt
- Protect
I felt that I needed an intimidate Pokemon to switch in and out from. Krookodile gives me that plus a strong Z-Move plus helps against wide guard users. Taunt is just amazing utility. I was contemplating Garchomp for this slot to substitute the Z-Move, and Arcanine to substitute the intimidate along with other possible utility such as: snarl, bulldoze, and will-o-wisp (To free up a space for Marowak). But in the end I felt Krookodile was a good compromise to get the best of both worlds. (*Cue Hannah Montana soundtrack*)

What do you think? How do you like my team? Any suggestions or tips? Anything is appreciated, positive or negative (As long as its constructive) :) :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)