Sableye (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Prankster

EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SDef

Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

• Recover
  • Will-O-Wisp
  • Taunt
  • Night Shade
Prankster, the ability of the heavens, and makes sableye a must on every one of my teams. Priority will-o-wisp can slowly chip away at enemy's health and cripple any physical attacker. Priority taunt stops hazard setters in their tracks and stops things like sub+calm mind raikou from setting up. Night shade is just there for damage.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 176 SAtk / 28 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
  • stealth rock/toxic
  • earth power
  • rapid spin
  • ice beam / phychic
Claydol has a semi-unique typing of ground/phychic, which gives it two powerful STAB options. This set is specially based but the physical variant is just as efficient.
The main reason claydol is on my team though is because of nasty hazards which, if layers of spikes are set up can make switching difficult. So having a levitating spinner is very handy.
You could run light clay with dual screens and then explode.

Scrafty (M) @ focus sash
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

• Dragon dance
  • Drain punch
  • Crunch
  • Zen Headbutt
I have swept full teams with this very set alone. I have dragon dance because of scraftys awful speed, I think the bulk up set isn't as efficient. Drain punch is a reliable source of getting hp back with STAB to boost its power. Crunch is for the ghost types who think its fun to 'predict' the second drain punch. Zen headbutt is for the Hi jump kicking meinshaos who ruin scraftys day. People could argue to run ice punch for flying types like togekiss, but it cant take a plus 1 Stab boosted crunch.

Cacturne (M) @ leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
Ev's: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 28 SpD
Adamant nature ( +Atk , -SpA)
  • Swords Dance/ Spikes
  • Sucker Punch/Thunder Punch
  • Seed Bomb
  • Substitute
Cacturne used to be in every sand team, but now that sand is banned in UU its usability went down, im here to prove that its still a viable option. One of cacturnes most offensive moves being STAB sucker punch, paired with high attack makes it a force to be reckoned with. Maybe instead of putting 28 ev's into special defense you could put it into speed.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Using a Choice Scarf, Heracross becomes one of the best revenge killers in the UU metagame, and with Moxie it can double as a potent late-game sweeper. Heracross's two powerful STAB moves, Close Combat and Megahorn, are part of the reason Heracross is such a beast, being able to 2HKO most of the tier with just those moves. Stone edge for togekiss and EQ for steel types. Standard heracross set.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Toxic

Extremely standard. Toxic is there to wear down sweepers. Foul play is a powerful stab move for damage on foes protect aids with wish to heal umbreon and its team mates. Umbreon is the ultimate team player.

Attachments

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can see status being a big problem for this team. A WoW Cofagrigus would be able to burn a majority of this team with little repercussion for example. It simply needs to switch in on Heracross or Claydol, and you essentially have to switch in a Pokemon to get burned. Another issue I'm seeing is the lack of a Fire resist. Without it, Darmanitan, Victini, and Arcanine can plow through a good portion of the team with V Creates and Flare Blitz, as even Umbreon has issues against the brute force of a Darmanitan. By extension, Toxic Spikes could be problematic even with a spinner, 5/6 of your team absolutely hates poison and most Toxic Spikes using teams will pack a ghost. Claydol doesn't fare too well with Ghosts, either.

I suggest running Swampert + Roserade over Claydol + Cacturne to help deal with some of these issues while still keeping much of your strategy intact. Swampert lays down the rocks and can also switch into Fire-type attacks, while Umbreon can provide Wish support to keep it healthy. Speaking of Umbreon, Heal Bell is very important for your team to survive in the long run against status users which can completely cripple things like Sableye and Heracross -- so I'd run it over Toxic. Roserade can absorb Toxic Spikes and can also lay some Spikes down if need be.

Scrafty isn't that frail that it needs to run Focus Sash to set up. You can set Scrafty up on things like Gligar and Umbreon, as the general idea of using DD Scrafty is based around setting up on weaker things as opposed to extremely heavy hitters. Life Orb + Drain Punch is a lot more efficient at sweeping as you can recover the recoil damage, or you could even try Lum Berry so you can set up on things like Cofagrigus or Slowbro, or avoid getting crippled by a Sableye. Next, change the nature from Adamant to Jolly, as the ability to outspeed Cobalion and Mienshao is huge.

Life Orb + Drain Punch with one Dragon Dance is enough to OHKO Mienshao, so there's really no need to run Zen Headbutt. It's generally useful for hitting stuff like Scarf Heracross on the switch-ins, but Ice Punch has much more utility in that it can pick off two important threats: Zapdos and Gligar. Change the set to DD/Crunch/Drain Punch/Ice Punch with a Life Orb.

Heal Bell>Toxic on Umbreon

Scrafty@Life Orb
Moxie Jolly 252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Crunch / DD / Drain Punch / Ice Punch

Swampert@ Leftovers
240 hp / 16 atk / 252 def
Stealth Rock / Roar / Scald / Earthquake

Roserade @ Black Sludge
252 hp / 240 sdef / 16 spe
Giga Drain / Spikes / Sludge Bomb / Rest

gl with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)