ORAS NU Rate my team please :/

Hi, I'm quite new to battling against other player, I made an NU tier team, but I just keep losing. Despite this, I'm still convinced that my team has some quite good Pokémon and synergy. And perhaps it does and I'm the one who isn't using the Pokémon right (if this is the case, please say it in a comment: it would be really appreciated). This is why i made this new thread and polite suggestions would be taken gratefully. Without further ado, this is my team.

Archeops @ Life Orb
Ability: Defeatist
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Atk
Hasty Nature
- Stone Edge
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Earth Power

I built my entire team around Archeops. I decided to use Archeops because, in my opinion, he has the best typing and moveset from the Rank S, belonging to the list of NU tier ORAS Viability Ranking. Its role on the team is being sweeping the enemy team. I decided to teach my Archeops: Stone Edge and Aerial Ace for their power and STAB, Earth Power, to counter Rock, Steal and Electric Pokémon, and Roost to make Archeops's Life Span longer.

Xatu @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Early Bird
EV's: 252 Sp. Atk, 248 HP, 8 Sp. Def
Quiet Nature
- Calm Mind
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Trick Room

I decided to use Xatu because he uses Sp. Att, so he can attack Pokémon with low Sp. Def, while Archeops takes care of the Pokémon with low Defense. Its role in the team is complementing Archeops's high attack. I decided to teach Xatu: Psychic, because of his high power and STAB, U-turn, to switch Pokémon without attacking on that turn, Calm Mind, to boost my Sp. Atk and Sp. Def while the enemy swiches Pokémon, and Trick Room to get rid of the problem of my team being too slow.

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EV's: 252 Def, 248 HP, 8 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Drain Punch
- Draining Kiss

I decided to use Audino because of his really high Defense, him being the physically bulky Pokémon of the team. Its role in the team is being a physical wall to avoid getting other teammates killed for a really long time because of his outstanding Defense stats and... I decided to teach Audino: Calm Mind, to boost his Sp. Atk and Sp. Def while the opponent switches Pokémon, Dazzling Gleam to have a high damaging STAB move, and Drain Punch and Draining Kiss to attack the opponent's Pokemon while Audino heals so he can last really long while defeating foe's Pokémon.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Sp. Def
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

I decided to use Ludicolo because of he has good stats, specially for his Sp. Def, so he can endure attacks from a Pokémon which typing has a big movepool of Special moves and Audino the attacks from a Pokémon which typing has a big movepool of Physical moves. Its role in the team is complementing Audino's high Defense. I decided to teach Ludicolo: Rain Dance, becuase of the Rain Dish ability, Scald because of its high power, STAB and chance of burning, Giga Drain, becuase of its high power, STAB and because it heals you too. And Ice Beam to counter Flying and Bug Pokémon.

Politoed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Absorb
EV's: 252 Def, 248 HP, 8 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

I decided to use Politoed because of this particular moveset, while also having Water Absorb, making it heal from the water moves Archeops would be dealing with. Its role in the team is countering the weaknesses of the first 4 team members. I decided to teach Politoed: Scald because of its high power, STAB and chance to burn, Ice Beam to counter and Earthquake to counter other teammate's weaknesses, and Toxic to poison foe's Pokémon.

Quagsire @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Absorb
EV's: 252 Sp. Atk, 248 HP, 8 Atk
Rash Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Earth Power
- Earthquake
- Yawn

I decided to use Quagsire becuase he counters other teammate's weaknesses like Politoed does. Also, Quagsire's resistances are other teammate's weaknesses making him a very important member of the team. Its role in the team has already been mentioned: countering teammate's weaknesses. I decided to teach Quagsire: Aqua Tail, because of his high power, STAB and it counters Rock-type Pokémon. Earthquake, because of his high power, STAB and it counters Electric, Poison, Rock and Steal Pokémon, Earth Power, for the same reasons for having Earthquake, but I decided to have a Sp. Atk Ground type because of the importance of this move type for the team, so I can do more damage to Pokémon with high Defense, and Yawn to make Pokémon recently switched drowsy (obviously respecting the Sleep Clause).

I sometimes choose which Pokémon to use by the move type the other Pokémon will probably use and other times, if one of my Pokémon that are outside of the battle have an super effective move against the opponent's Pokémon and not by Def stats.

That's about it. Thanks in advance for reading and for making a suggestion.

Signing out,

SirTommy24.

Last edited by a moderator:

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi there, welcome to Smogon! Unfortunately I'll have to lock this for the time being as the RMT rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain your choices and their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at other RMTs and the RMT archive to see the kind of detail and format we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Since you're new to this I'd also recommend gaining more competitive battling experience and lurking around the forums before posting a thread here. The Intro Hub is a great place to start, and you can check out the NU forum for resources to help you get a better grasp of the tier. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask. Good luck!

Edit: Reopened

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)