Godpult (Dragapult) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

I am in love with Sunny Day based strategies, in every generation since the weather mechanics came out I use sun team. This is my first post in smogon and I apologize if my English is not very good.
Let's start!

Torkoal
He is the leader of the team and our way of establishing the sun through his "Drought" skill. His EVs are Bulky, we can put rocks in battle and we can also eliminate the opponent's rocks with "Rapid Spin", besides being able to sleep with "Yawn" a very annoying pokémon that we need to leave the battle. "Lava Plume" is our only attack, I have preferred it to others because it is the one that has given me the best results, besides having a very high % of burn. Other options are "Eruption" to hit very hard when we know that the opponent is going to place rocks, "Fireblast" or "Flametrower" to 2HKO some pokémon that would resist 3HKO with "Lava Plume".

Ninetales Alola
He is our second in command, he is Torkoal's main support. Sometimes it is in our interest to start the battle with him. It is interesting to set a second climate where we feel more comfortable, especially when they deny us ours using "Pelipper" or "Tyranitar", forcing the opponent to adapt to another climate instead of us adapting to theirs. When "Hail" is active our "Blizzard" always hits and we can use "Aurora Veil" boosted with the "Light Clay" item to protect our team. Aurora Veil will remain active even if we switch back to Torkoal protecting our commander very well from those annoying "Earthquacke" or water attacks.

Mandibuzz
Mandibuzz is our guardian against virtually any threat that scares us. He's a real sweeper killer with "Swords Dance" thanks to "Foul Play" to easily 1HKO any pokémon that thinks it can boost its attack in our face. Its "Overcoat" ability makes Mandibuzz immune to damage caused by "Hail".
We also carry "defog" to have a plan b against "Stealth rock".

Venusaur
Venusaur is our "Chlorophyll Sweeper", specifically a "Mix Sweeper", to make the most of the "Growth" boost and adapt a little more to the opponent, we can hit special walls like Blissey or similare. This is a very classic build of the Sun Teams pure old school. Its access to "Earthquacke" with +2 to the physical attack that gives us "Growth" makes it very dangerous. His other two STAB attacks can 1HKO many unsuspecting pokémon. There are other options to build its moveset, "Sleep Powder" is very interesting with the speed achieved thanks to "Chlorophylll" and let's not forget the possibility of including "Weatherball", which in our case allows Venusaur to attack very strong with both ice and fire thanks to our two climates.

I use Venusaur because I am an old player, and it is my favorite starter, but in this team slot, you can use the Chlorophyll pokemon of your choice.

Here are some other options to consider: https://pokepast.es/7455c19a1bdd405b

Clefable
Clefable is our bulky partner. But we can use it as "Wish Cleric" to support the rest of the teammates if you prefer.
We take "Flamethrower" to do a lot of damage on sunny days, and its ability "magic guard" allows us to resist indirect attacks from traps in addition to resisting the damage caused by "Hail"

Dragapult
With Dragapult we will have a very meta Pokemon, with powerful stats and a diversity of damage. He is an excellent revenge killer and can fight in any weather, his ghost type can help us a lot to avoid spinners that want to remove our rocks.

Remember that the strategies based on "Sunny Day" have many variants, thank you very much for reading and I look forward to your comments about my Team.

Slowpoke Fan

Slow?
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
RMT Leader
This team is quite confusing - it has Torkoal and Venusaur as a sun core, but also has Ninetales disrupting that with its Hail. I think the following changes would improve your team.

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/fbc8de27eba52ba8

Torkoal is changed to a physically defensive spread so it can tank more hits, improving its odds of setting sun up multiple times for its team. It also runs Body Press instead of Yawn to directly threaten Heatran, who will have multiple free turns against Torkoal if the latter is running Yawn.

Alolan Ninetales was swapped for Choice Scarf Heatran, a fantastic scarfer for sun teams with its access to Eruption, decent Speed tier, and incredible typing that allows it to compress multiple roles for these structures. Magma Storm is a strong STAB move that Heatran can use if its HP is low, Earth Power gives it great coverage, and Flash Cannon is a Steel-type STAB move that obliterates Fairy-types who try to stay in on it, such as Clefable and Tapu Lele.

Landorus-T is quite simply a much better Defogger than Mandibuzz for this team: it provides the team with an important Electric immunity and is more suited for offensive structures like this team due to its immediate offensive presence with a strong STAB Earthquake and U-turn.

Venusaur should not be mixed whatsoever: it already has amazing special coverage and should almost always run Giga Drain/Earth Power/Weather Ball on sun teams.

Clefable was changed into a utility set with Eject Button to grab momentum early-game and Healing Wish to give Heatran or Venusaur a second life late-game.

A Modest nature is now run on Dragapult to increase its damage output to ridiculous levels, giving Venusaur and Heatran an easier time when sweeping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)