ORAS NU rate my meme

hi guys 5k post from raseri here with a hip new rate my meme (team). Last night i wasnt sure what i wanted to do for 5k so i threw a bunch of sets together and just kinda hoped it worked!

So far its done ok, a lot of the sets themselves are cool, but they would be better showcased on more serious teams, but that's no fun. So let's get started!

Vivillon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- U-turn

specs vivi is a mini nuke, you just come in and click hurricane a bunch of times til you die. Sure the Focus Sash set is better but its just not as stylish. You get OHKOs on things like Sandslash which always seem to stay in fsr. Bug Buzz is so I dont autolose to malamar, and it takes out a big chunk from mesprit so shitmonchan can do work. Energy Ball hits Lanturn, Rhydon, and Steelix for damage, but usually I just u-turn out. U-turn is for when the opponent is carrying counters, you can go to one of the other fun sets

Molks boner (Hitmonchan) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Molk's boner is so Vivi doesnt just die to rocks damage. Thats really the only reason I picked it. AV lets it act as a secondary or tertiary check to Fire-types, if Sliggoo and ebuzz are down. Outside of Spin support, Hitmonchan gives me some offensive utility with Mach Punch to revenge kill thigns like weakened Tauros, which is a big threat to the team. Ice Punch is chosen for the coverage on Xatu and Vileplume, but Thunderpunch could work as well to hit peligod and mantine.

Sliggoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 174 Def / 84 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse
- Outrage

the least memey set on the team, but my team needed a bulky dragon to handle the Fire and Water special attackers that just walked all over me. Sliggoo gives me a really solid switch in to Sceptile, Pyroar, Magmortar, Lilligant, Special Samurott, and Ludicolo, all in one spot. Of course it can be overwhelmed with good play, and relies a lot on rest talk, but it works pretty well.

The way this set works is you remove the opponents fairies, Sawk, and Ice-types, then you set up Curse and just win. This is the set that wins most of my games

Kadabra @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Signal Beam

SubLO Kadabra is strong. I came up with it as a way to lure Skuntank, now if only I was weak to it! You HP Ground on the switch, then Sub on the Sucker, then HP Ground again. Otherwise, this Kadabra is REALLY STRONG. You nearly OHKO Rotom with Psychic, guaranteeing after any chip damage, and its just really hard to switch in to. Of course you get 0 defensive utility and a speed tier that is just slightly too slow, so Pyroar threatens you. But overall its probably the Pokemon 2nd most likely to end a game.

Steelix @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

special steelix is cool because it lures things like Weezing that think they have a free switch to get a wisp, but instead get 2HKOd by Flash Cannon. Flash Cannon is what I use the most, because I dont want to be caught off guard by a levitator or something like that. Dark Pulse is to hit Rotom, which lets Hitmonchan spin a lot easier, but it also hits other psychic / ghost types hard. Earth Power destroys other Steelix, hits Lanturn and Rhydon.

LOlix is surprisingly viable, it needs sheer force to be threatening, but overall its a good set i m o

so you should use it :)

Electabuzz @ Eviolite
Ability: Static
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Now, evire is definitely way better than ebuzz for this slot, but it wouldnt me a meme if I used evire. So enter electabuzz: my backup check to most of the meta, my primary switch in to ice-types, and my primary pivot. You hit kinda hard with STAB moves, and with evio, you are kinda bulky. But its faster than Evire so thats a niche! Focus Blast is to hit Steels like klink and steelix, while also catching Rhydon on the switch if im not manly enough to go for HP Grass on the switch.

So ya thats my team, I know it could be better if I used more serious sets, but its fun to play with, so if you have a better meme for me, please let me know.

Now, in typical atomicllamas fashion, the 2nd post will have the shoutouts!

[20:23] #raseri: who wants a shoutout in my 5k
[20:23] MARCU5theBAW5: <- me

MARCU5theBAW5 - you get room voice when you make the fruit video

now the REAL shoutouts

#carraco$ta

Zebraiken - youre like the best guy on this site, and you mean more to me than you know. You've always been there for me when im down, and have talked me out of quitting when things get rough. You're a true friend to me and I hope that never changes :)
FLCL - i know we havent talked as much lately with me not using IRC and you not being a part of NU, but you still mean a lot to me too. You're a great player and a great guy, and seeing you succeed wherever you go. Get an individual trophy this year i m o
MMF - the only one of us to successfully quit this site. Its always nice when you come back for a weekend to catch up and play some mons. I hope real life is treating you well! If you ever want to chat hit me up on facebook or find me in the NU room on PS for some battles :)

#neverused
soulgazer - i know we arent as close anymore, but youre still a great NUer even though I keep predicting you to lose :) also you have great taste in anime. IRC sucks though
DTC - remember the days where we didnt like each other? I'm glad we were able to move past that and become friends. It sucks that you left mons once XY rolled around, or else you could have been tier leader :3
Lasagne - glad ive been talking to you again more lately. Get a badge tho you noob.
Lolk - quit doubles and come back to NU I miss you :3
Incon - i've been seeing you around more lately! I hope you're enjoying mons again
Robert Alfons - nice memer but you should also quit dubs
Sidfrid - come back to mons altogether D:
Nozzle - im glad you stuck around into XY, even though you stepped down eventually, it was nice having an older contributor around I could rely on :)
Brawlfest - i like you
Annoyer - really you should come back, just drop out or something then you can play mons and watch anime
ebeast - grisaia is too long im sitll on my first route. also yugioh SUCKS
Fusxfaranto - you are also good. i dont ssee you ever anymore though D:

C&C staff

Oglemi - you're cute and someone who I looked up to a lot when I was trying to find my way, youre a good leader even if youre a butt
Nexus - youre also a butt, but a lazy one :)
tennisace - slightly less of a butt than those 2, i hope we can get along well in the future :)
SilentVerse - we live really close to each other now so we should hang out when youre not hooked on league :O
macle - i enjoyed your frog blog man
blarajan - putting you here instead of under the LCers cause i got here first. But youve also been there for me a lot over the years. I hope law school goes well for you :O
Elevator Music - good user
Jellicent - youre not a butt at all
ryan - come back more often

NUers

Can-Eh-Dian - you're a wiener but i like you anyways
rozes - rozes are red. rases are blue, you will be dead, when im finished with you.
Realistic Waters - you are good at NU and nice unlike the many meanies in the clique
Blast - beep boop
QueenOfLuvdiscs - stall f4g, play more often though i miss you. Also I know you havent used queenstall in a long time but thats what you will always be
Disjunction - i remember before we voiced you :) they grow up so fast. youre a really cool dude and im glad youve stuck with me this whole time!
Finchinator - i know i say FUCK FINCH a lot, but i say it because you mean so much to me :') buy me in spl
innovamania - venom
Hootie - u stink
Jarii - glad to see you coming into your own as a player, jellybeans are good.
Sir Kay - play mons more imo, also fight me in sm4sh again
Kiyo - gottagofast gottagokiyo upload more imo i always like watching your vids. also start in SPL already. you are a kind gentlesir
KyleCole - drop a draco on his ads everyone
Mambo - let me in flames already.
Pokedots - don don donuts lets go nuts :3
qsns - its nice to have you in an NU chat :) youre a cool cat teach me how to doubles
Rapture. - another pce of weeb shit
boltsandbombers - moving on up in the world. when you were new we thought you were bad now we are modding you. what happened?
Shaneghoul - most underrated NUer of ALL TIME
Silver Aurum - im convinced youre a robot with how little you sleep
marilli - i like RWBY lol

weird NUers:

iplaytennislol - i understand why you left. But you mean a lot to me buddy :) you even put up with my stupid meme sets and dont call me names. Come back soon~
The Goomy - please give me a memeing lesson i need it so badly
CanadianWifier - Mario Kart when? i like playing with you :) i always learn from watching your races
Quite Quiet - youre a cool guy even though i dont know a whole lots about you, but you're a great mod and a lot of people look up to you :)
-Davon - you are cool, im glad you came back to us :) now if only you were more active in the chat we would promo you again ;)
Punchshroom - bugceus jokes aside, you're a solid NUer who has been around for so long. Did you know you have like the 3rd most posts in BW NU forum :O
Vileman - i want you in upl. also i rly like you :) youre really fun to be around and the best
Montsegur - baby come back. you can blame it all on me. I miss you :(
scorpdestroyer - another ded one :( you lasted so long too D:
Aladyyn - the tf2 king.
Deej Dy - y'all need Deejus hahahahaha
Teddeh - lanturn is good :O also so are you
Winter's Howl - another weeb that i like :)
Oshony PokeGod - the real PokeGod. Someone buy him for spl
Bobby REKT - come back gurl
Blaziken. - nice avatar gurl :) youre cool!
HJAD - europeans,,, gj in slam hope you do well next year too :O
lolbro - lol, bro.

PUppl:
Magnemite - cutie :) youre good at smashbros
galbia - youre better than mag at PU
Tect - umadlolol (jk :3)
Dundies - dundeez nuts hahahaha
Megazard - you crustle my jimmies

Little Cup people:
Kingler12345 - you should have won slam D:
Quote - you are a good man, sir.
i dont know the rest of you or i forgot you or covered you already :O

(makeup) - where Supermods are born.

ANTEMORTEM - YOU RULE DUDE SRY I FORGOT YOU BUT DONT MESS WITH MY BOIS OR ILL MESS U UP REAL BAD
Sweep - glad we became friends lately :) youre a swell guy who makes me feel comfortable as a white heterosexual cisgendered male
atomicllamas - you are top 3 in my list of least favourite users. :3
(makeup) - the founder himself.
Blitzamirin - bf me more ;)
Aurora - vileplume is good i swear
Molk - g&w upsmash scales with rage!
Isa - Isa :3 you have a nice voice!
Sam - i hope you smell as good as you look gurl
shaymin - hope things go well for you in school! youre a great friend :)
SteelEdges - brothers in pain.
Cherub Agent - nerd
jrp - fight me in yugioh, dark magician girls only

OTHER COOL PEOPLE:
Colbrushie - love your weeb music man. tunnel snakes rule
Keiran - COME BACK
Mazz - come back and hang out with me
Austin - les chill sometime
Pearl - you didnt buy me,,,
Nails - (redpanda)
slurmz - lol nerd
TyrantrumIsBroken - you are the broken one.
Assassin Rogue - im too lazy to scroll up to nu ppl and add you there but youre a cool cat
Eevee General - the better PS policy admin :3 hook me up with one of dem badges
erisia - also too lazy to go back up and add you there. but raserisia is the best
InsaneDragoniteHD - WHY DID YOU QUIT
little gk - its all about buckets.
Rekeri - glomp
Sweet Jesus - come back bbg
The Immortal - always fast with ladder updates, just like sonic :)
Joim - i like you
unfixable - you got fixed!!
xzern - weeb
Zenza - still a bad name change

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Liked the first post as well even though I didn't get tagged in that one ;)

a constructive part of this post 0.o You should teach your magician the ways of yellow magic and give it a sash cause you have no speed control really so anything faster just kind of wins and its still a meme cause magician is practicing magic. Nice memes and we'll see how the semester goes, maybe I will come back :D

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ebuzz is the best evire set, also this team has vivillon x hitmonchan so i'm already satisfied, 10/10 would rate again.

Looks like a really fun team, gratz on 5k!

The only thing i'd say is if you really want to improve your memes, try Rain Dance > Sleep Talk and Hydration > Sap Sipper on Sliggoo :] but that all depends on how much you actually use sliggoo against the water types that it usually checks, just a fun meme set I thought i'd suggest anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)