Idk (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 196 Atk / 252 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
Landorus is here for being a wall and an attacker. Landorus because this is the most op pokemon ever. Defog to get rid of hazards, Earthquake to deal with poison types and so on, HP Ice to deal with other landoruses, U-turn for pivot.

Yu (Bisharp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
Bisharp is here as a physical attacker and a revenge killer. I chose Bisharp because he looks cool. Sucker Punch to deal with faster pokemon and revenge kill, X-Scissor to deal with grass types, Iron head for ice and rock types, Knock off to get rid of items and it's a dark move.

Kekw (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
Ferrothorn is a wall and used to stall and set up stealth rocks. Ferrothorn is a really good defensive pokemon. Leech Seed for surviving longer, Stealth Rocks for obvious reasons, Toxic in order to force switches, Gyro Ball in order to do some chip damage.

No (Clefable) @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Toxic
- Light Screen
Clefable, special defense wall and utility. I chose this pokeman because it's really good as utility and can fit the role of a special defense wall too. Aromatherapy to take care of any status effects, Wish to potentially switch into one of my defense walls whenever an attacker is on the playing field, Toxic to literally just mow down enemies by forcing switches, Light screen for more defense against special attacks.

You (Volcarona) @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
Volcarona, a speedy special attacker meant to set up and sweep. Volcarona was chosen because I need a special attacker and couldn't really think of any obscure ones. Bug buzz is there for obvious reasons, Fiery Dance for maybe some special attack boosts, Quiver Dance for set up, hurricane for dealing with bugs and fighting types.

U (Amoonguss) @ Leftovers
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Clear Smog
- Stun Spore
- Spore
- Giga Drain
Meant to be a special defense wall. I chose this because I thought it was good. Clear smog for dealing with status changes, Stun spore for stunning opponents,
Spore for putting opponents to sleep, Giga drain for surviving longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Why did you choose this mon

What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it

What are all 4 moves for

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello Debeste , this team looks cool although there are some issues with movesets and Pokemon choices, as this look likes the start of a HO team with some random defensive pieces in :ferrothorn: , :clefable: , and :amoonguss: added.

Initial team: :landorus-therian: :bisharp: :volcarona: :ferrothorn: :clefable: :amoonguss:
I decided to keep the core of :landorus-therian:, :bisharp:, and :volcarona: ; and turn it into a workable HO.

Major Changes

:clefable: > :tapu-koko:

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn / Thunderbolt
- Taunt / Thunderbolt

Tapu Koko is a much more reliable screener than Clefable due to its Taunt preventing Defog, being able to confortably fit both of its Screen moves, as well as pivot out to its sweeper teammates when its done. Tapu Koko also vastly improves the average speed of the team, due to it being relatively slow initially. Thunderbolt can be used over Taunt or U-Turn for a short term stopgap for opposing Hawlucha, although it loses some of its utility.

:ferrothorn: > :magearna:

Magearna @ Fightinium Z / Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Shift Gear Magearna is a staple for Screens HO as it is terrifying to play around. Fight Z in conjunction with Focus Blast lets it comfortably lure and remove Heatran for Volcarona, although an Electrium Z can also be used if Volcarona is HP Ground to deal with Toxapex. BoltBeam coverage is extremely hard for most teams to deal with already, with most counterplay being their Steel type (which is shredded most of the time by Fightinium Z)

:amoonguss: > :hawlucha:

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Taunt

Amoonguss really just saps the momentum of a Hyper Offense team, and generally does not fit on faster teams. Hawlucha lets the team deal with opposing Hyper Offense extremely well, while also giving the team a way to revenge kill a lot of faster Pokemon that can cause issues, such as Mega Lopunny and opposing Hawlucha. Taunt is here so that Hawlucha can remove Toxapex comfortably for Volcarona and Magearna to break through.

Minor Changes

Idk (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers > Focus Sash / Yache Berry
EVs: 196 Atk / 252 Def / 60 Spe > 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature > Jolly Nature

- Defog > Explosion
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice] > Stealth Rock
- U-turn > Imprison / Swords Dance

These set changes turn Lando T into a potent suicide lead. Focus Sash lets Lando T live general hit and always get up Stealth Rock / attack, whichever is more important, while Yache berry prevents the likes of Mega Medicham from preventing Landorus from doing anything with a Fake Out > Ice Punch sequence. Imprison is the primary option to prevent opposing Stealth Rock from coming up for your Volcarona and Hawlucha, whilst Swords Dance is another option to punch a hole or even potentially KO another Pokemon.

Yu (Bisharp) @ Rocky Helmet > Black Glasses / Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD > 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- X-Scissor > Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

These set changes turn Bisharp from a terrible tank, with relatively low damage output and minimal bulk, to a terrifying breaker and cleaner, utilising Swords Dance with Black Glasses boosted Sucker Punches and Knock Offs to break through opposing teams, as well as denying Defog with Defiant, preventing screens from being removed. X-Scissor is also useless coverage as you break through all the relevant Dark and Psychic types with your STABs anyways, and isnt worth of a coverage option on Bisharp.

You (Volcarona) @ Buginium Z > Sitrus Berry / Lum Berry
Modest Nature > Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane > Psychic / Hidden Power Ground

Hurricane is frankly terrible coverage on Volcarona, only really good in the Rain matchup, where it would still be outclassed by Giga Drain. As we have moved the Z Move, Sitrus or a Lum berry are much better items on Volcarona as they give it an extra burst of HP in a pinch or the 1 time ability to dodge Status such as Rotom W Thunder Wave or Heatran Toxic. Bug / Fire / Psychic Z Moves are also fine, although then Magearna should use a different item such as a Shuca Berry / Weakness Policy. Psychic lets Volcarona break through a chipped Toxapex, while HP Ground lets it break through Heatran.

Hope you like the finished team, its quite a bit different from your original but it should work better, best regards^^

Finished team :landorus-therian: :tapu-koko: :magearna: :bisharp: :hawlucha: :volcarona:

Hello Debeste , this team looks cool although there are some issues with movesets and Pokemon choices, as this look likes the start of a HO team with some random defensive pieces in :ferrothorn: , :clefable: , and :amoonguss: added.

Initial team: :landorus-therian: :bisharp: :volcarona: :ferrothorn: :clefable: :amoonguss:
I decided to keep the core of :landorus-therian:, :bisharp:, and :volcarona: ; and turn it into a workable HO.

Major Changes

:clefable: > :tapu-koko:

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn / Thunderbolt
- Taunt / Thunderbolt

Tapu Koko is a much more reliable screener than Clefable due to its Taunt preventing Defog, being able to confortably fit both of its Screen moves, as well as pivot out to its sweeper teammates when its done. Tapu Koko also vastly improves the average speed of the team, due to it being relatively slow initially. Thunderbolt can be used over Taunt or U-Turn for a short term stopgap for opposing Hawlucha, although it loses some of its utility.

:ferrothorn: > :magearna:

Magearna @ Fightinium Z / Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Shift Gear Magearna is a staple for Screens HO as it is terrifying to play around. Fight Z in conjunction with Focus Blast lets it comfortably lure and remove Heatran for Volcarona, although an Electrium Z can also be used if Volcarona is HP Ground to deal with Toxapex. BoltBeam coverage is extremely hard for most teams to deal with already, with most counterplay being their Steel type (which is shredded most of the time by Fightinium Z)

:amoonguss: > :hawlucha:

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Taunt

Amoonguss really just saps the momentum of a Hyper Offense team, and generally does not fit on faster teams. Hawlucha lets the team deal with opposing Hyper Offense extremely well, while also giving the team a way to revenge kill a lot of faster Pokemon that can cause issues, such as Mega Lopunny and opposing Hawlucha. Taunt is here so that Hawlucha can remove Toxapex comfortably for Volcarona and Magearna to break through.

Minor Changes

Idk (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers > Focus Sash / Yache Berry
EVs: 196 Atk / 252 Def / 60 Spe > 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature > Jolly Nature

- Defog > Explosion
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice] > Stealth Rock
- U-turn > Imprison / Swords Dance

These set changes turn Lando T into a potent suicide lead. Focus Sash lets Lando T live general hit and always get up Stealth Rock / attack, whichever is more important, while Yache berry prevents the likes of Mega Medicham from preventing Landorus from doing anything with a Fake Out > Ice Punch sequence. Imprison is the primary option to prevent opposing Stealth Rock from coming up for your Volcarona and Hawlucha, whilst Swords Dance is another option to punch a hole or even potentially KO another Pokemon.

Yu (Bisharp) @ Rocky Helmet > Black Glasses / Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD > 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- X-Scissor > Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

These set changes turn Bisharp from a terrible tank, with relatively low damage output and minimal bulk, to a terrifying breaker and cleaner, utilising Swords Dance with Black Glasses boosted Sucker Punches and Knock Offs to break through opposing teams, as well as denying Defog with Defiant, preventing screens from being removed. X-Scissor is also useless coverage as you break through all the relevant Dark and Psychic types with your STABs anyways, and isnt worth of a coverage option on Bisharp.

You (Volcarona) @ Buginium Z > Sitrus Berry / Lum Berry
Modest Nature > Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane > Psychic / Hidden Power Ground

Hurricane is frankly terrible coverage on Volcarona, only really good in the Rain matchup, where it would still be outclassed by Giga Drain. As we have moved the Z Move, Sitrus or a Lum berry are much better items on Volcarona as they give it an extra burst of HP in a pinch or the 1 time ability to dodge Status such as Rotom W Thunder Wave or Heatran Toxic. Bug / Fire / Psychic Z Moves are also fine, although then Magearna should use a different item such as a Shuca Berry / Weakness Policy. Psychic lets Volcarona break through a chipped Toxapex, while HP Ground lets it break through Heatran.

Hope you like the finished team, its quite a bit different from your original but it should work better, best regards^^

Finished team :landorus-therian: :tapu-koko: :magearna: :bisharp: :hawlucha: :volcarona:
Thank you for the improvements, I'll make sure to test this out

Update: I was runners up in the tourney (thanks for that), and the next one is in two months so I don't have to worry about a team for it, for now. Also, I made another team so I'll ask for it to be rated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)