Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Quick Guard

This bird here is generally my starting pokemons who is just for spore checks for the rest of team and generally allows scizor to sword dance up thus clearing out stuff.not choice band as fake out plus t-bolt kos it.
Scizor @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Protect
As mentioned it is my main offensive non mega countering fairys and psychics easily and keeps mega slowbro in check.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 68 Def / 248 SpA / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

my most common charizard y check survives a solarbeam and hits hard with t-bolt. and others are hydro pump obvio STAB and will -o-wisp is just support.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 92 HP / 208 Def / 208 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

trace is fun to use actually takes any damage and generally if taunted dishes out surprise beam-bolt all over good defensive mon.

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Just love this guy generally survives a hit even out of trick room and after guts boost just shatters everything with cc. rock slide just for coverage.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Protect

Just didnt know what else to use as a mega couldnt use mawile as charizardy would destroy me..plus it actually hits pretty hard though.

Just thinking to change rotom with choice specs sylvion..or tell me if anything to change..already tried out mega slowbro doesnt work..so just help me out guys

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi darksylvion, you're in the wrong forum for an RMT, you're better off in the Rate my Team subforum because this forum is more meant for competitive discussion instead of rating teams. If you are going to post this team in Rate my Team forum, you'll have to have larger descriptions of your Pokémon, but considering you posted this here already I'm going to give you a quick rate anyway.

Talonflame is a cool Pokémon but you're better off using an Adamant nature over a Jolly nature, Talonflame already has +1 priority on its main attacking move Brave Bird due to Gale Wings. Also Adamant boosts Brave Bird even more, and it hits really hard. You can also use Taunt or Tailwind over Quick Guard but it's your own preference :]

Scizor sadly isn't a really good Pokémon in this metagame, and neither is Mega-Gyarados, I recommend you remove the Mega stone from Gyarados and add Mega-Metagross because Mega-Metagross is a fast and incredibly strong physical attacker. Here is a set for Mega-Metagross:
Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect
- Hammer Arm

You can use Bullet Punch, Ice Punch or Earthquake over Hammer Arm, and Meteor Mash over Iron Head. Also you can use an Adamant Nature over a Jolly nature.

In my opinion Rotom-Wash is currently outclassed by a lot of Pokémon if you don't use a Choice Scarf set, because you might as well use Keldeo. Especially bulky Rotom-Wash isn't really good in this metagame currently due to strong Pokémon such as Shaymin-Sky.
If you're really keen on keeping Rotom-Wash you can use a Choice Scarf Trick set because it is an amazing lead in a lot of opportunities and it's a really strong pivot.
Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

but if you're using Rotom-Wash for a Charizard-Y check you might be better off using Thundurus, Raikou or Zapdos. Especially Thundurus and Zapdos don't really care for a Solarbeam, where Raikou outspeeds Charizard-Y and defeats it with Thunderbolt.
Thundurus has nice support and utility with Thunder Wave and Taunt, where Zapdos brings utility with Tailwind.
However, note that none of these Pokémon can OHKO a frail Charizard-Y set and often get hit hard by Heat Wave or even Overheat in return. If you want to use these Pokémon you can use
Raikou @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Snarl
- Protect

252 SpA Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 240-284 (80.8 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The pro to running Raikou is that you outspeed Charizard-Y and for that reason can always kill it unless you get burned or critted.

Thundurus and Zapdos are generally unable to kill Charizard-Y before they get killed in return, the pros to these Pokémon though are that they can tank up Solarbeams easier, but they are forced to run bulkier EV spreads if you don't want to get OHKOd.

I'm not really sold on Porygon2, I think using Cresselia would be better but I think Porygon2 is a viable setter too and Cresselia doesn't really offer anything outside of setting Trick Room. I recommend giving Cresselia a try, if you find the opportunity to setup Calm Mind properly it can be an insane win condition, but Cresselia doesn't do much offensively.
Cresselia (F) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Hariyama is a cool Pokémon, I don't know if it's completely necessary but I recommend Knock Off over Rock Slide because knocking off items is cool B)
However Rock Slide is incredibly strong with it's flinches so it's your own preference in this case, I just think Knock Off is better.

I don't think Gyarados is really amazing currently, if you want a strong physical attacker I can recommend Landorus-Therian because Landorus is much stronger, has nice access to Rock Slide and also has Intimidate so you won't miss out on that. Also Mega-Metagross is much cooler than Gyarados so use that B)
Considering you're semi-room you have two choices to pick from which is either Choice Scarf or Bulky Landorus-Therian. Anyway I'll give you the two sets and you can test them both out to see which one fits better on your team.
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 24 HP / 52 Atk / 116 Def / 92 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Protect

If you want more information on the Bulky Landorus-Therian set you can click here to go to Arcticblast's analysis.
If you want more general information on the tier you can go the General Resources thread by xzern and for further questions you can ask them here or in the Pokémon Showdown Doubles chatroom.

I also saw that you created your account today, so welcome to Smogon! :D

I hope I helped you and even though I'm not a good team rater by any means, I tried my best n_n
Good luck!

nyu

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
As Meloettaaa said, this belongs in the RMT forum (and with more description). As such I am locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)