Project RarelyUsed Teambuilding Competition: week 0: Terrakion (submissions open until May 10th)

:chesnaught::rhyperior::cyclizar::moltres::gardevoir::jirachi:

This is a modification of an idea I had for the rhyperior week. Basically it's a hazard staxck team that instead of using palossand for spinblocking, just has multiple mons that really exploit cyclizar. Chesnaught easily switches in and it's a hazard settier, rhyperior easily switches in and threatens big damage.
:rhyperior::chesnaught:: The core: two big beefy boys with big damage and big utility. Rhyperior is just the best mon in the game and chesnaught is good because it beats rhyperior. I initially had rocks on rhyperior, but I didn't really like it because it is just so much more fun to use it for damage. I've been considering SD protect for leftovers recovery and scouting moves, but slowbro is just too much of a problem.
:moltres::cyclizar::gardevoir:: The support: these three just go on every team, not much to say about it besides the fact gardevoir is both trick and healing wish because its coverage is kinda useless when you need to deal with all of molt, emp and jirachi and healing wish works really well with a beefy trade machine like rhyp. I normally use roar on moltres these days, but I went with u-turn here because jirachi covers setup mons and u-turn helps you bring in garde more often. It's tera poison and 288 speed because okidogi is a real problem for this team.
:jirachi:: tonight the role of tinkaton will be played by jirachi. This set came to me as I was being sad about tink being gone. with CM spam being a problem for many teams, I cried because we no longer have encore tink, then realized that encore jirachi is almost as good.

ON THE KUMMUK SPIKES
:muk-alola: / :chesnaught: / :Cyclizar: / :gastrodon: / :Zapdos-Galar: / :Jirachi:

This team was actually birthed by my desire to use Alolan Muk, rather than Chesnaught. I thought muk would be a really nice defensive piece and progress maker on a spikes team due to its particularly threatening poison touch knock off to remove opposing boots.

This isn’t a new strategy, RU stall teams have used Muk and Chesnaught in tandem to great success, so I wanted to try a variation that has a little bit more offensive oomph and revenge killing power. This, I hoped, would allow me to use Cyclizar over Talonflame as is commonly seen on these stall teams, and avoid the obligation to use Chansey as well.

:pmd/chesnaught:

So, let’s start with our team of the week piece, Chesnaught. I was going to use the standard set with knock off, however, after the team came together, I realized I probably had enough knock off between the rest of the members, so I could afford to run roar instead to rack up spikes damage and phase out dangerous sd sweepers like iron leaves and bisharp.

:pmd/muk-alola: <—THIS UGLY BASTARD IS KNOCKING OFF HOT CHICKS :pmd/oricorio pom-pom:, FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN TOO BELOW VVV

Now the other centerpiece, Alolan Muk. Another standard set with rest talk for longevity, but I run quite a bit of speed to get the jump on enamorus-t, which is an absolute demon for this team to face. If it tera poisons, at least I can knock the boots and rack up hazard damage later, but it’s still pretty precarious.

:pmd/gastrodon:

I needed a way to deny Cyclizar from spinning, and while Chesnaught is an ok candidate to tera ghost and block spin, it would have to keep taking Draco from bike. I wanted to try Tera Ghost Sticky Hold Rocky helmet Gastrodon, as I’ve seen it used before to annoy bike. It can’t get its helmet knocked off which means it’s a permenant annoyance to bike, especially one that continue to take hazard damage. Sludge bomb + Earth Power is great coverage and lets me fish for poison chances unlike ice beam or surf. Max defense lets gastrodon handle some physical attackers along with chesnaught. Stealth rocks are also necessary on hazard stack, and chesnaught has spikes covered.

:pmd/cyclizar:

Cyclizar is a great spinner, has all of the qualities we like about it. I have double edge to potentially revenge enamorus-t and still do decent damage to thundurus. Assault vest is necessary on this team A-Muk can’t handle special threats alone.

:pmd/Zapdos-Galar:

I need a revenge killer on this team, preferably one that can stick around and clean up lategame with hazards up. Zapdos-G is in my opinion the best most spammable scarf in the tier, and has knockturn for removing boots and keeping momentum. It’s also immune to spikes itself and takes neutral damage from rocks. Speaking of, Tera fighting is used to take less damage from rocks unlike tera flying. Zapdos is also a great check to bisharp which is otherwise looking like a huge threat.

:pmd/jirachi:

The last mon on this team needed to be a steel or resist many of the things steel does, so jirachi is a good fit as it is on many teams. Because my team is already so defensive, I liked the idea of superrachi with psychic noise as a way to make damage stick to bulkier pokemon. It’s also a good reuniclus check when muk can’t quite stop it by itself, which is important for spikestack. I think you could use a different rachi set here, like meteor beam with iron head, protective pads, or one of my favorites, Wish+CM.

REPLAY ZONE
Vs Cyclizar BO: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ru-2117150747

Vs Stall:https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ru-2117161636

Last edited:
:sv/terrakion:Week 9: Terrakion:sv/terrakion:

1715036818179.png

This week's focus is cobalion's less popular, thicker younger sibling. As cobalion has taken the spoitlihgt, terrakion has seemed to fade away. It's less popular than it used to be despite still being terrakion. There are many ways you can build with terrakion. A suicide lead with big offensive power, a choice scarfer that outspeeds iron leaves, a raw wallbreaker with choice band or one of the strongest boosters in the tier with swords dance. However you want to use it, share your best terrakion teams here.

Teambuilding criteria:
Your team submission must be legal in SV RU and have a terrakion on it.

Submission deadline: Teams should be submitted by 11:59 PM (GMT-4) on Friday, May 10th, voting will then go until 11:59 PM (GMT-4) on Sunday May 12th.

Reserving Tera Normal Quick Attack Terrakion Team
Already used the quick attack concept in the Necrozma teambuilding portion, but its so good I had to reuse that concept. Team will be different though

CB Terrakion Slowbro C-Team

:terrakion: :krookodile: :cyclizar: :fezandipiti: :slowbro: :salamence:

The main angle I wanted when building this week was to make a Terrakion team that didn’t want to pull their hair out when facing Slowbro matchups, and while I didn’t find any Slowbros testing, I can guarentee you I did pull some of my hair trying to get this team to work against the cesspool that is ladder.

:Terrakion: While originally I wanted to use a Taunt SD set to lure in Hippowdon after a Tera Fly, I’ve found the initial power level of Terrakion to be incredibly lackluster, and so I’ve pivoted to a banded set. This provides that extra kick that Terrakion really needs in order to make notable progress. I do still think Tera Flying is good, as it helps with the growing amount of Scarf Krooks and the aforementioned Hippo, but I’d say that Tera Fighting is probable equally as viable. What’s cool about Terrakion’s ability is that, unlike it’s former SoJ member Cobalion, it can actually use it to a decent degree, essentially negating the loss of a Choice Band if you do get Knocked by things like Cyclizar. I’m running SD as last just in case you do get Knocked and find yourself having a free turn, allowing you to become a +3 breaker.

:Krookodile: I really wanted to give Bro a hard time with this team, and I found Krook to be pretty good at that job. Knock really dissuades Bro from ever coming in hard, and EQ can threaten Tera Electric if they’re prepped for Jirachi shenanigans. Taunt as last can neutralize the threat of opposing rocks from Hippo, as well as stop general setup from the HO infested ladder. Tera Poison helps with the Fairy and Fighting matchup.

:Cyclizar: You know what bike does.

:Fezandipiti: Terrakion definitely enjoys the extra chip from Toxic, so I decided to pair one of the best toxic spreaders in the tier with it. Standard Fezandipiti spread, I’m personally not a fan of Taunt Fez, but it could be ran if desired, Tera Water helps out against the rain matchup. Generally just here to help support Terrakion breaking ability.

:Slowbro: The best check to Bro is undoubtedly your own Bro, and that’s just what we have here. CM PsyNoise should generally beat other Bros, and Scald provides disruption against physical attackers. This is super fishy, but I’m running Tera Dark, which primarily blocks other PsyNoises from opposing Bros, but additionally makes Knocks from threats like Krookodile be resisted.

:Salamence: Probably my favorite mon in the tier right now, Mence provides a ground immunity for the team, as well as another Physical Attacker deterrent through Intimidate. I’m running mixed to do great chip to Fezandipitis and Rachis on the switch in with EQ, and the rest is standard for SpAtk Mence. Tera Fairy is preferred over Steel here as a way to more thoroughly deal with opposing Dragons, which can threaten the team otherwise.

Do not matchup into Yanmega, you will get flinch exactly as many times as necessary for them to win the game

Last edited:
:Salamence: Probably my favorite mon in the tier right now, Mence provides a ground immunity for the team, as well as another Physical Attacker deterrent through Intimidate. I’m running mixed to do great chip to Fezandipitis and Rachis and the switch in, and the rest is standard for SpAtk Mence. Tera Fairy is preferred over Steel here as a way to more thoroughly deal with opposing Dragons, which can threaten the team otherwise
There are 4 EVs that are not utilised on mence. I'm guessing attack would be where they go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)