Other Tiers RBY Random Battles Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
that's how PO's Battle Factory works.. and honestly for RBY at least it might well be more efficient. In later gens though this is the route that's been taken. Good question though

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
While I agree with Crystal_ about the entire purpose of randbats for fun, it also makes it rather difficult to test for bugs with unused/underutilized moves.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To be honest, I did follow the future gen system. I didn't want pre-made sets because I still wanted some randomness, even though it is not really easy with Gen 1, without the mandatory moves you may get totally garbage sets. Then again I don't think a Gen 1 Challenge Cup (100% random) is really funny given the shit moves you can get, right?

To be honest I could make gen 1 randbats to have fixed sets, since random sets yield results too poor to be actually funny. I'd like to read more opinions, though.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
To be honest, I did follow the future gen system. I didn't want pre-made sets because I still wanted some randomness, even though it is not really easy with Gen 1, without the mandatory moves you may get totally garbage sets. Then again I don't think a Gen 1 Challenge Cup (100% random) is really funny given the shit moves you can get, right?

To be honest I could make gen 1 randbats to have fixed sets, since random sets yield results too poor to be actually funny. I'd like to read more opinions, though.
Gen 1 CC should be a separate option cos it is pretty fun tbh.

I was just about to mention that I got a Krabby with Leer and Swords Dance on the same set (and no physical moves) and suggest that you remove Leer altogether.

HOWEVER! I want to say that I FULLY support predetermined sets in Random Battles! All Pokemon in Gen 1 only have so many sets they can make due to so many moves being bogus. A Pokemon is just more fun to use when it has good moves at its disposal. If you'd like I can lend a hand in suggesting movesets. And I'm sure I can get the good folks over at RBY2k10 to lend a hand with that too. :D

And you can have multiple sets per Pokemon, right?

If so then there'll still be that element of randomness people crave, its just that it'll be balanced.

Last edited:
There're so many bugs in Gen 1 that I don't know if this one is normal or not but...

The opposing Gyarados used Hyper Beam!
Chansey lost 67.0% of its health!
The opposing Gyarados is hurt by Chansey's tox!

Chansey used Counter!
The opposing Gyarados lost 24% of its health!

Counter should have done waayyyyy more damage cause, you know, Chansey and HP...
Here is the replay : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1randombattle-223119454 (Turn 21)

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
To clarify the above, the Toxic damage was countered, but only the latest damage dealt by an attack should be countered. Toxic, Leech Seed etc. is not countered.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Toxic has been acting weird since some update I can't find, problem is that damage is surpassing the "not status" check. On it.

I think teams would be better built if repeated typings were avoided. Not necessarily to the extent that if there is a Water Pokemon then no other Water Type may be on the team regardless of it's duel nature. (though I wouldn't object to that) But if there is a Rock/ Ground typing no other Rock/ Grounds can be on the team. Likewise if there is a pure Water typing then there might be another Water Type Pokemon but only if it has a secondary elemental type as well.

I think teams would be better built if repeated typings were avoided. Not necessarily to the extent that if there is a Water Pokemon then no other Water Type may be on the team regardless of it's duel nature. (though I wouldn't object to that) But if there is a Rock/ Ground typing no other Rock/ Grounds can be on the team. Likewise if there is a pure Water typing then there might be another Water Type Pokemon but only if it has a secondary elemental type as well.
I honestly wouldn't mind having two rock/grounds or two waters, they are both amazing af types in randbats

Jolteon and Articuno are OU. They haven't been BL for years now. Just sayin' I think they could stand to get the appropriate level nerf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)