PU Teambuilding Shop - Request teams here!

even with a choice scarf camerupt fails to outspeed literally any moderately fast offensive pokemon in the tier. However, choice specs Camerupt is actually kinda underrated right now so you could request that!
Kind of repeated exactly what Ericaroselia said with a few words changed. Which I didn't really find that helpful at all, try to add new input :). The intention of the Build is to be around Camerupt, like in my post I said I have tried choice specs Camerupt, so it's under my consideration for an option.

If i was using offensive camerupt i would use TR specs set
I'm not to sure how well scarf would even work out with the amount of support Camerupt would need, and the available mons >.<. Even though I have been wanting to use scarf Camerupt, I've been leaning way more on Specs. I have been heavily considering it on a TR room, but trying to see if I can get a team with it not on a TR room since TR teams can sometimes be very predictable.

Last edited by a moderator:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Kind of repeated exactly what Ericaroselia said with a few words changed. Which I didn't really find that helpful at all, try to add new input :). The intention of the Build is to be around Camerupt, like in my post I said I have tried choice specs Camerupt, so it's under my consideration for an option.

I'm not to sure how well scarf would even work out with the amount of support Camerupt would need, and the available mons >.<. Even though I have been wanting to use scarf Camerupt, I've been leaning way more on Specs. I have been heavily considering it on a TR room, but trying to see if I can get a team with it not on a TR room since TR teams can sometimes be very predictable.
I'll build you a fast (ish) Specs Camerupt team. Basically though, it's better to keep posts here in a request format.

Askov

Explode
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
Requesting Shedinja + Prinplup Stall

+

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Signal Beam / Ice Beam
- Scald

I always liked Shedinja Stall, so I wanted to try it on lower tiers. Prinplup is a good partner to Shedinja because it provides hazard control, have decent defensive synergy with Shedinja and have good match-up against most of hazard setters. Shedinja set is pretty standard, Ice Beam/Signal Beam on Prinplup to hit grass types on the switch (mainly Cacturne, which destroys this core). I would like a win condition and a cleric on this team, if possible. Feel free to change the sets.

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
-
sup PU i want to get back into the game and i heard that cacturne is preeety good so i want to request a team built around mixed cacturne. dont really know what its last move should be or its evs but ill just leave that to whoever would make a team around this cool mon n_n

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Plz build a team around this core

Zweilous @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roar
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Bronzor @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Psywave

You can change the EV's if you need to. Any play style works fine. Thx in Advance.

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Can i request a team built around cacturne?
Any set will work.
Cacturne @ Life Orb
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
-
sup PU i want to get back into the game and i heard that cacturne is preeety good so i want to request a team built around mixed cacturne. dont really know what its last move should be or its evs but ill just leave that to whoever would make a team around this cool mon n_n
ggopw and sandybrandon - the first team below fulfills your Cacturne requests for the time being, but I'm building an offensive Cacturne team soon, so that's on the way.
Hey there. I suck at team building and I'm here to learn from you guys! I want to use a bulky offense team built around Regice or Regigigas. You guys choose. I tried building one with Gourgeist and Audino and got wrecked too much. Hazards and removal are def. a must. Other than that, go nuts!! Thanks!
Hi, HydraOfLight1255 - sorry for the wait! I made you two Regice teams. I had built the first for you, but then the tier shift happened. So, I ended up making a second one for you that uses some of our most recent drops to support Regice.

Post-tier shift Regice request:

When using Regice, your basic goal prior to setting up with Rock Polish should be to remove Steel-types like Metang, Pawniard, and Mawile, Fire-types like Ninetales and Monferno, and any other special walls or tanks that might be able to take a hit and whittle Regice down, like Grumpig, Chinchou, and Audino.

Following your request, I chose Pelipper as this team's defogger due to the excellent defensive synergy it shares with Regice: it takes Fire-, Fighting-, and Steel-type moves for it, so the team has a more dedicated switchin for Regice checks like Monferno, Seaking, and Metang. In return, Regice is able to eat up incoming Freeze-Dry from Cryogonal and Lapras, as well as other special attacks on Pelipper's behalf thanks to its natural bulk. Between Regice, Cacturne, and Pelipper, Floatzel is pretty well covered with predicted Aqua Jets being used to heal Cacturne, Pelipper taking on physical variants reasonably well, and Regice checking specially offensive Floatzel. Rocky Helmet Pelipper is a cool option that can actually block Rapid Spin if the spinner is low on HP (if RH kills), and it just wears down the opposing team so that either Cacturne or Regice can create a sweep.

Regice also needs SR up to facilitate a sweep, while at the same time, Pelipper doesn't beat Normal-types like Stoutland or Dodrio at all. So, I chose Mawile as this team's switchin for Normal-types and didn't worry about Scarf Chatot so much, as I have a reliable revenge killer in Raichu for that anyway. Mawile is running Knock Off here to weaken some of Regice's checks (Metang especially; Chinchou too), but its standard defensive set with Play Rough still works. However, Knock Off somewhere on this team is crucial for weakening defensive answers to Regice given a lot of them rely on Eviolite to wall it. The Speed EVs on Mawile outspeed 128 Spe Modest Probopass, so that I can Baton Pass out before being hit by its Earth Power. Toxic weakens Gourgeist-XL for Cacturne, so by the time I'm ready to SD, Gourgeist-XL will have hopefully been weakened enough.

With Mawile, Cacturne, and Regice, the team started to look somewhat weak to Fire-types like Ninetales, Rapidash, and Hidden Power Electric Camerupt, so I added my own Rapidash as an immunity here. Wisp Rapidash is pretty important on this team, as it lets you check setup sweepers like Cacturne, Pawniard, opposing Mawile, and lets it whittle down Grumpig for Regice. Additionally, it is able to switch into Will O Wisps on Cacturne's and Mawile's behalf, so Gourgeist-XL and Misdreavus are pressured in that way.

Raichu was added for a few reasons - not only does it revenge kill everything up to Sand Stoutland, but it provides the team with a Volt Switch immunity and a fairly reliable option to switch into from Pelipper. If something like Rotom-Frost is seen, it'll be rare that they'll use Volt Switch with Raichu there, giving Regice and Rapidash some breathing room to switch into a predicted Blizzard, absorb the blow and then go on the offensive. Raichu's Volt Switch forms a momentum core with Mawile's slower Baton Pass and Pelipper's U-Turn, which are all crucial in bringing in Regice and Cacturne in for free because of how frail they can be (i.e. Cacturne) / how easy they are to whittle down (i.e. Regice).

Lastly, Cacturne gives me some insurance for a lot of the offensive Water-types running around the tier and gives me a way out when I need to switch out of Rapidash. It also breaks down Grumpig for both Rapidash and Regice, so in most cases with these three on the offensive, at least one of them will be able to break through. Cacturne is using SD, Life Orb, max Attack with Superpower, because a +2 Superpower beats Vullaby and lets Cacturne solo one of its defensive answers in a way. A +2 Superpower followed by a +1 Superpower (due to the drop in Attack) does a minimum of 91% to Vullaby, so if Vullaby is your opponent's Cacturne counter, they're in for a surprise. Cacturne is key here again because it removes some of those annoying, defensively inclined threats like Audino and Chinchou, as well as stuff like AA Duosion.

If you wanted to use the team against the same opponent multiple times, the team can be changed slightly: Raichu can use a set of Knock Off + 3 Attacks to bring in Chinchou, remove its Eviolite via Knock Off, which lets Regice break through with Focus Blast. In this case, you'd lose your Scarfer, so to make up for that, you'd use Choice Scarf Rapidash with Drill Run, which also pressures Chinchou coincidentally.

Regice @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish

Pelipper @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Rapidash @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

Raichu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Cacturne @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Superpower

Pre-tier shift Regice request:

This team is quite similar to the last one. Golem is completely countered by Defensive Vibrava (it survives +2 Stone Edge easily), resists Fire- and Rock-type moves for Regice, and provides both Regice and Monferno with a slow U-Turn that allows them to setup.

Monferno breaks down Regice's defensive answers, as not much is able to survive a +2 LO Close Combat. Monferno also gives your opponent incentive to switch to Monferno answers like Pelipper and Stunfisk, which can easily be taken advantage of by doing a double switch from Monferno to Regice.

Metang is here to weaken Grumpig with Pursuit and facilitate a sweep with SR, as well to act as a resist to Normal-types for the team. Dodrio is still a problem for Metang due to Knock Off, but this team has a way to revenge kill even Scarf Dodrio in Scarf Electabuzz. Toxic is a decent option over Earthquake, but Earthquake hits Chinchou for Regice if you need to pressure it and your primary options for that are gone already.

Politoed gives the team a dedicated switchin for Floatzel, and forms a pretty cohesive offensive core together with Metang and Monferno. Protect is used over Encore here to eliminate those 50/50s by greatly easing prediction when up against Boltbeam users like Rotom-Frost - when your Volt Switch immunity is Vibrava, you have to be extremely careful to avoid losing it early (as it needs to Defog for Regice), so Protect on Politoed can help preserve Vibrava in that way.

Finally, the team lacked a revenge killer, and the team was pretty weak to Jumpluff by this point, so I added Scarf Electabuzz. Vital Spirit is extremely good right now for its ability to avoid Sleep from Smeargle's Spore or Dark Void, while also protecting you from Jumpluff. Scarf Electabuzz and Defensive Vibrava form a momentum core together that allows Regice and SD Monferno to come in much easier, so it's likely, based on the construction of this team, that one of them will be sweeping. After Cacturne dropped, I changed Eviolite Monferno to Life Orb Monferno, because Life Orb Mach Punch is much more effective in revenge killing Cacturne if it happens to reach +2 Attack.

Regice @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Vibrava @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
- Earthquake

Monferno @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

Politoed @ Leftovers
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Protect

Electabuzz @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Hey, frost_valley - I have two Camerupt teams for you. Both use Sticky Web, so there's really no need to use that Scarf set you posted. I did however use it together with Choice Specs or an offensive Leftovers set on the first team and more Speed than it's usually ran with, so it actually can do quite a bit of damage when Webs are up. You can optionally use Smeargle over Leavanny (or vice versa); Dark Void is conducive to setting up with Mawile and Misdreavus, or Pawniard on the first team, but Leavanny is faster and can set up Sticky Web before it's Taunted out of that.

Ma-Webs 2.0:

I'll start this description with a bit of a disclaimer: offensive Camerupt is cool, but it needs a lot of support to be effective in that capacity (which is why you will almost always see its specially defensive counterpart being used over this variant here). The second star of this team is NP Hex Misdreavus - with Scald, Lava Plume, and Zebstrika using Discharge, there is almost never a battle where your foes have avoided status (even more status if you decide to use Dark Void Smeargle over Leavanny).

Before Sticky Web, Camerupt outspeeds 0 Spe Golem at 128 Speed, but together with Sticky Web, it outspeeds Adamant Golem and other base 45s by 3 points at 192 Speed total. Lava Plume Camerupt with an offensive spread breaks down a lot of teams by itself, with Hidden Power Electric hitting Pelipper and Swanna on the switch. Camerupt provides the team with a switch-in for Rotom-F's Electric-type STAB moves, as well a check for fat Pokemon like Probopass, Klang, and Regice (Klang especially given its immunity to Webs, and the fact Politoed isn't using Encore here).

Next, I wanted to protect Sticky Web from being removed via Rapid Spin or Defog, so Taunt + Nasty Plot Misdreavus was a great addition as an offensive spinblocker. Hex with various statuses being spammed is actually a lot of fun and pretty effective. Its ability Levitate protects Camerupt, Mawile, and Zebstrika from stray Earthquakes / Earth Powers. In addition to Hex, this Misdreavus is using Dazzling Gleam as coverage for breaking down Vullaby effectively (it could use Thunderbolt for this, but Dazzling Gleam nails other Dark-types too).

I didn't want Flying-types to be too much of an issue with Swanna creating a huge amount of pressure by Scalding on Camerupt or removing Sticky Web, so I added Zebstrika to check that. At the same time, Zebstrika also prevents Jumpluff from wreaking too much havoc. Sap Sipper protects the team from Spore Smeargle if you know that's coming, but unfortunately does not block Dark Void. I chose Discharge here to slow the opposing team down, primarily for Camerupt and Mawile, but its 30% paralysis chance also boosts Hex's damage as a nice side effect.

Mawile switches into certain variants of Dodrio for the team, and after a Swords Dance boost on Webs, it's pretty hard to stop; the only barriers to a Mawile sweep are faster Wisp users, fat Ground-types like Stunfisk, and bulky Grass-types (Gourgeist-XL especially), but all of those hate facing Camerupt, which is part of the reason why it's so effective here.

Lastly, I added Politoed to protect Camerupt and to act as a dedicated switch-in for Floatzel's Water-type STAB moves. You might be wondering why Scarf here, but together with Webs, it becomes a viable revenge killer. Politoed on its own hits 262 Speed with Timid and outspeeds Adamant Monferno; with a Choice Scarf, it hits 393 Speed and can Hydro Pump on naturally faster Electric-types like Electrode and Zebstrika. But, Scarf Politoed with Sticky Web support is hitting 589 Speed effectively and can outspeed stuff like Sand Stoutland if Webs and Sand Rush are in play at the same time. That extra Speed lets Politoed check Simi-monkeys, Rapidash, Jumpluff, Floatzel, etc., so it's pretty useful here. Yache Leafeon avoids being RK'd by Politoed's ice Beam if it's at high HP, but luckily Mawile and Zebstrika are here to beat that. Finally, Politoed's Scald also gives Misdreavus more chances to do increased damage with Hex, which is pretty nice.

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Discharge
- Overheat
- Volt Switch

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hex
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Electroweb
- Sticky Web
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Hydro Pump

Specs Eruption:

/
This team works the exact same as the above, so I'll shorten this a bit. The overall goal is to lead with Smeargle, set Sticky Web, wallbreak with Specs Camerupt and Pawniard, and to protect Sticky Web with some mixture of Electabuzz, Taunt Dusknoir + Taunt Smeargle, and Hidden Power Electric Politoed. Leavanny can still be used here, as it puts a nice dent in Stunfisk for Pawniard as well as checking Golem when its Sturdy is no longer in tact, but that change from Smeargle to Leavanny is totally optional. If you use Nuzzle Smeargle, be sure to change its nature to Jolly and its Attack IV back to 31.

Smeargle's ability to also use Stealth Rock frees up a slot so that both Pawniard and Camerupt can focus on going on the offensive. If you use Leavanny, then you'd use SR Pawniard over Swords Dance; either way is fine. Timid Specs Camerupt reaches 196 Spe total, which allows it to check a lot of those base 45s on its own. With Sticky Web up, it outspeeds everything that isn't floating via Flying-type or Levitate up to 294 Speed. With a Modest nature, it effectively hits 268 Speed, or 176 Speed before Sticky Web goes up. Hidden Power Electric nails Swanna and Pelipper on the switch, while Camerupt's STAB boosted moves break down Electabuzz's defensive answers pretty effectively.

From here, I wanted to protect Sticky Web, so I used a faster Taunt Dusknoir, with Colbur Berry and enough Speed to Taunt 0 Spe Pelipper out of Defog. Pursuit is there for Cryogonal, and Earthquake, just like Camerupt's STAB moves, pressures most of Pawniard's and Electabuzz's defensive answers just short of Gourgeist-XL (which is handled by Camerupt). Earthquake and Colbur Berry together let Dusknoir eat a hit from Pawniard and threaten it in return, while Rock Slide or Ice Punch with Colbur let it trade blows with Vullaby without letting it Defog, too.

I wanted a bulkier Flying-type resist here, along with an immunity to Sleep so that Jumpluff and Smeargle didn't manhandle the team, which made Electabuzz a nice alternative. On Sticky Web, Electabuzz's lower Speed isn't too much of an issue because it can check Floatzel without being hit by a CB Waterfall or LO Hydro Pump thanks to that Speed drop.

Lastly, I used Scarf Politoed with Hidden Power Electric for the same reasons as above. Ice Beam and Hidden Power Electric pressure the hell out of Defoggers like Vibrava and Pelipper, while its ability to switch into offensive Water-types on Camerupt's behalf prevent the team from falling apart. Hope you enjoy these two offensive Camerupt teams!

Camerupt @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

Dusknoir @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Rock Slide / Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Electabuzz @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Taunt / Nuzzle

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Last edited:
Requesting a team to support this underused beast:

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb

I'm thinking a bulky-offense-style team, with Jumpy as the setup sweeper/wincon, is ideal.

Requesting a team to be built around the man, the myth, the legend:

MUK

Muk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch

I'm looking for more of a balanced team that allows Muk to come in easily and just blow holes through opposing Pokémon. I'm not 100% sure on how viable the set I'm presenting is as I've only used Muk sparingly and I don't know how to make PU teams, so any edits to the set are welcomed and greatly appreciated! Thank you in advanced to anyone who takes the time to help me!

I'm Requesting an Offensive or Balanced Team With Rotom-S:

Rotom-Fan @ Expert Belt/Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch/Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power Grass
- Will-O-Wisp

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
ggopw and sandybrandon - the first team below fulfills your Cacturne requests for the time being, but I'm building an offensive Cacturne team soon, so that's on the way.

Hi, HydraOfLight1255 - sorry for the wait! I made you two Regice teams. I had built the first for you, but then the tier shift happened. So, I ended up making a second one for you that uses some of our most recent drops to support Regice.

Post-tier shift Regice request:

When using Regice, your basic goal prior to setting up with Rock Polish should be to remove Steel-types like Metang, Pawniard, and Mawile, Fire-types like Ninetales and Monferno, and any other special walls or tanks that might be able to take a hit and whittle Regice down, like Grumpig, Chinchou, and Audino.

Following your request, I chose Pelipper as this team's defogger due to the excellent defensive synergy it shares with Regice: it takes Fire-, Fighting-, and Steel-type moves for it, so the team has a more dedicated switchin for Regice checks like Monferno, Seaking, and Metang. In return, Regice is able to eat up incoming Freeze-Dry from Cryogonal and Lapras, as well as other special attacks on Pelipper's behalf thanks to its natural bulk. Between Regice, Cacturne, and Pelipper, Floatzel is pretty well covered with predicted Aqua Jets being used to heal Cacturne, Pelipper taking on physical variants reasonably well, and Regice checking specially offensive Floatzel. Rocky Helmet Pelipper is a cool option that can actually block Rapid Spin if the spinner is low on HP (if RH kills), and it just wears down the opposing team so that either Cacturne or Regice can create a sweep.

Regice also needs SR up to facilitate a sweep, while at the same time, Pelipper doesn't beat Normal-types like Stoutland or Dodrio at all. So, I chose Mawile as this team's switchin for Normal-types and didn't worry about Scarf Chatot so much, as I have a reliable revenge killer in Raichu for that anyway. Mawile is running Knock Off here to weaken some of Regice's checks (Metang especially; Chinchou too), but its standard defensive set with Play Rough still works. However, Knock Off somewhere on this team is crucial for weakening defensive answers to Regice given a lot of them rely on Eviolite to wall it. The Speed EVs on Mawile outspeed 128 Spe Modest Probopass, so that I can Baton Pass out before being hit by its Earth Power. Toxic weakens Gourgeist-XL for Cacturne, so by the time I'm ready to SD, Gourgeist-XL will have hopefully been weakened enough.

With Mawile, Cacturne, and Regice, the team started to look somewhat weak to Fire-types like Ninetales, Rapidash, and Hidden Power Electric Camerupt, so I added my own Rapidash as an immunity here. Wisp Rapidash is pretty important on this team, as it lets you check setup sweepers like Cacturne, Pawniard, opposing Mawile, and lets it whittle down Grumpig for Regice. Additionally, it is able to switch into Will O Wisps on Cacturne's and Mawile's behalf, so Gourgeist-XL and Misdreavus are pressured in that way.

Raichu was added for a few reasons - not only does it revenge kill everything up to Sand Stoutland, but it provides the team with a Volt Switch immunity and a fairly reliable option to switch into from Pelipper. If something like Rotom-Frost is seen, it'll be rare that they'll use Volt Switch with Raichu there, giving Regice and Rapidash some breathing room to switch into a predicted Blizzard, absorb the blow and then go on the offensive. Raichu's Volt Switch forms a momentum core with Mawile's slower Baton Pass and Pelipper's U-Turn, which are all crucial in bringing in Regice and Cacturne in for free because of how frail they can be (i.e. Cacturne) / how easy they are to whittle down (i.e. Regice).

Lastly, Cacturne gives me some insurance for a lot of the offensive Water-types running around the tier and gives me a way out when I need to switch out of Rapidash. It also breaks down Grumpig for both Rapidash and Regice, so in most cases with these three on the offensive, at least one of them will be able to break through. Cacturne is using SD, Life Orb, max Attack with Superpower, because a +2 Superpower beats Vullaby and lets Cacturne solo one of its defensive answers in a way. A +2 Superpower followed by a +1 Superpower (due to the drop in Attack) does a minimum of 91% to Vullaby, so if Vullaby is your opponent's Cacturne counter, they're in for a surprise. Cacturne is key here again because it removes some of those annoying, defensively inclined threats like Audino and Chinchou, as well as stuff like AA Duosion.

If you wanted to use the team against the same opponent multiple times, the team can be changed slightly: Raichu can use a set of Knock Off + 3 Attacks to bring in Chinchou, remove its Eviolite via Knock Off, which lets Regice break through with Focus Blast. In this case, you'd lose your Scarfer, so to make up for that, you'd use Choice Scarf Rapidash with Drill Run, which also pressures Chinchou coincidentally.

Regice @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish

Pelipper @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Rapidash @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

Raichu @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Superpower

Pre-tier shift Regice request:

This team is quite similar to the last one. Golem is completely countered by Defensive Vibrava (it survives +2 Stone Edge easily), resists Fire- and Rock-type moves for Regice, and provides both Regice and Monferno with a slow U-Turn that allows them to setup.

Monferno breaks down Regice's defensive answers, as not much is able to survive a +2 LO Close Combat. Monferno also gives your opponent incentive to switch to Monferno answers like Pelipper and Stunfisk, which can easily be taken advantage of by doing a double switch from Monferno to Regice.

Metang is here to weaken Grumpig with Pursuit and facilitate a sweep with SR, as well to act as a resist to Normal-types for the team. Dodrio is still a problem for Metang due to Knock Off, but this team has a way to revenge kill even Scarf Dodrio in Scarf Electabuzz. Toxic is a decent option over Earthquake, but Earthquake hits Chinchou for Regice if you need to pressure it and your primary options for that are gone already.

Politoed gives the team a dedicated switchin for Floatzel, and forms a pretty cohesive offensive core together with Metang and Monferno. Protect is used over Encore here to eliminate those 50/50s by greatly easing prediction when up against Boltbeam users like Rotom-Frost - when your Volt Switch immunity is Vibrava, you have to be extremely careful to avoid losing it early (as it needs to Defog for Regice), so Protect on Politoed can help preserve Vibrava in that way.

Finally, the team lacked a revenge killer, and the team was pretty weak to Jumpluff by this point, so I added Scarf Electabuzz. Vital Spirit is extremely good right now for its ability to avoid Sleep from Smeargle's Spore or Dark Void, while also protecting you from Jumpluff. Scarf Electabuzz and Defensive Vibrava form a momentum core together that allows Regice and SD Monferno to come in much easier, so it's likely, based on the construction of this team, that one of them will be sweeping. After Cacturne dropped, I changed Eviolite Monferno to Life Orb Monferno, because Life Orb Mach Punch is much more effective in revenge killing Cacturne if it happens to reach +2 Attack.

Regice @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Vibrava @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
- Earthquake

Monferno @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

Politoed @ Leftovers
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Electabuzz @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Hey, frost_valley - I have two Camerupt teams for you. Both use Sticky Web, so there's really no need to use that Scarf set you posted. I did however use it together with Choice Specs or an offensive Leftovers set on the first team and more Speed than it's usually ran with, so it actually can do quite a bit of damage when Webs are up. You can optionally use Smeargle over Leavanny (or vice versa); Dark Void is conducive to setting up with Mawile and Misdreavus, or Pawniard on the first team, but Leavanny is faster and can set up Sticky Web before it's Taunted out of that.

Ma-Webs 2.0:

I'll start this description with a bit of a disclaimer: offensive Camerupt is cool, but it needs a lot of support to be effective in that capacity (which is why you will almost always see its specially defensive counterpart being used over this variant here). The second star of this team is NP Hex Misdreavus - with Scald, Lava Plume, and Zebstrika using Discharge, there is almost never a battle where your foes have avoided status (even more status if you decide to use Dark Void Smeargle over Leavanny).

Before Sticky Web, Camerupt outspeeds 0 Spe Golem at 128 Speed, but together with Sticky Web, it outspeeds Adamant Golem and other base 45s by 3 points at 192 Speed total. Lava Plume Camerupt with an offensive spread breaks down a lot of teams by itself, with Hidden Power Electric hitting Pelipper and Swanna on the switch. Camerupt provides the team with a switch-in for Rotom-F's Electric-type STAB moves, as well a check for fat Pokemon like Probopass, Klang, and Regice (Klang especially given its immunity to Webs, and the fact Politoed isn't using Encore here).

Next, I wanted to protect Sticky Web from being removed via Rapid Spin or Defog, so Taunt + Nasty Plot Misdreavus was a great addition as an offensive spinblocker. Hex with various statuses being spammed is actually a lot of fun and pretty effective. Its ability Levitate protects Camerupt, Mawile, and Zebstrika from stray Earthquakes / Earth Powers. In addition to Hex, this Misdreavus is using Dazzling Gleam as coverage for breaking down Vullaby effectively (it could use Thunderbolt for this, but Dazzling Gleam nails other Dark-types too).

I didn't want Flying-types to be too much of an issue with Swanna creating a huge amount of pressure by Scalding on Camerupt or removing Sticky Web, so I added Zebstrika to check that. At the same time, Zebstrika also prevents Jumpluff from wreaking too much havoc. Sap Sipper protects the team from Spore Smeargle if you know that's coming, but unfortunately does not block Dark Void. I chose Discharge here to slow the opposing team down, primarily for Camerupt and Mawile, but its 30% paralysis chance also boosts Hex's damage as a nice side effect.

Mawile switches into certain variants of Dodrio for the team, and after a Swords Dance boost on Webs, it's pretty hard to stop; the only barriers to a Mawile sweep are faster Wisp users, fat Ground-types like Stunfisk, and bulky Grass-types (Gourgeist-XL especially), but all of those hate facing Camerupt, which is part of the reason why it's so effective here.

Lastly, I added Politoed to protect Camerupt and to act as a dedicated switch-in for Floatzel's Water-type STAB moves. You might be wondering why Scarf here, but together with Webs, it becomes a viable revenge killer. Politoed on its own hits 262 Speed with Timid and outspeeds Adamant Monferno; with a Choice Scarf, it hits 393 Speed and can Hydro Pump on naturally faster Electric-types like Electrode and Zebstrika. But, Scarf Politoed with Sticky Web support is hitting 589 Speed effectively and can outspeed stuff like Sand Stoutland if Webs and Sand Rush are in play at the same time. That extra Speed lets Politoed check Simi-monkeys, Rapidash, Jumpluff, Floatzel, etc., so it's pretty useful here. Yache Leafeon avoids being RK'd by Politoed's ice Beam if it's at high HP, but luckily Mawile and Zebstrika are here to beat that. Finally, Politoed's Scald also gives Misdreavus more chances to do increased damage with Hex, which is pretty nice.

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Discharge
- Overheat
- Volt Switch

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hex
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Electroweb
- Sticky Web
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off

Camerupt @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Hydro Pump

Specs Eruption:

/
This team works the exact same as the above, so I'll shorten this a bit. The overall goal is to lead with Smeargle, set Sticky Web, wallbreak with Specs Camerupt and Pawniard, and to protect Sticky Web with some mixture of Electabuzz, Taunt Dusknoir + Taunt Smeargle, and Hidden Power Electric Politoed. Leavanny can still be used here, as it puts a nice dent in Stunfisk for Pawniard as well as checking Golem when its Sturdy is no longer in tact, but that change from Smeargle to Leavanny is totally optional. If you use Nuzzle Smeargle, be sure to change its nature to Jolly and its Attack IV back to 31.

Smeargle's ability to also use Stealth Rock frees up a slot so that both Pawniard and Camerupt can focus on going on the offensive. If you use Leavanny, then you'd use SR Pawniard over Swords Dance; either way is fine. Timid Specs Camerupt reaches 196 Spe total, which allows it to check a lot of those base 45s on its own. With Sticky Web up, it outspeeds everything that isn't floating via Flying-type or Levitate up to 294 Speed. With a Modest nature, it effectively hits 268 Speed, or 176 Speed before Sticky Web goes up. Hidden Power Electric nails Swanna and Pelipper on the switch, while Camerupt's STAB boosted moves break down Electabuzz's defensive answers pretty effectively.

From here, I wanted to protect Sticky Web, so I used a faster Taunt Dusknoir, with Colbur Berry and enough Speed to Taunt 0 Spe Pelipper out of Defog. Pursuit is there for Cryogonal, and Earthquake, just like Camerupt's STAB moves, pressures most of Pawniard's and Electabuzz's defensive answers just short of Gourgeist-XL (which is handled by Camerupt). Earthquake and Colbur Berry together let Dusknoir eat a hit from Pawniard and threaten it in return, while Rock Slide or Ice Punch with Colbur let it trade blows with Vullaby without letting it Defog, too.

I wanted a bulkier Flying-type resist here, along with an immunity to Sleep so that Jumpluff and Smeargle didn't manhandle the team, which made Electabuzz a nice alternative. On Sticky Web, Electabuzz's lower Speed isn't too much of an issue because it can check Floatzel without being hit by a CB Waterfall or LO Hydro Pump thanks to that Speed drop.

Lastly, I used Scarf Politoed with Hidden Power Electric for the same reasons as above. Ice Beam and Hidden Power Electric pressure the hell out of Defoggers like Vibrava and Pelipper, while its ability to switch into offensive Water-types on Camerupt's behalf prevent the team from falling apart. Hope you enjoy these two offensive Camerupt teams!

Camerupt @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

Dusknoir @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Rock Slide / Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Electabuzz @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Taunt / Nuzzle

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Just used the post-shift team yesterday and worked to a T. Worked out really nice. However, small sample size of use lol. I'll continue to use it and see how it works!

Requesting a core built around

Smeargle
-Memento
-Magic coat
-spore
-stealth rocks

and

Volbeat
-Encore
-Tail glow
-baton pass
-filler

The basic idea of the core is that volbeat can come in after a memento and start setting up, and has great synergy with smeargle with being able to effectively switch into attacks meant for smeargle (encore moves such as mach punch or hazards). Memento smeargle is great because is lets your team get huge momentum, and with spore and rocks it has a huge edge over jumpluff with reliable sleep and hazards at the cost of power. I think it can make a great HO team style thats fast and full or risk/reward.

After battling extensively in PU I have noticed that swadloon is in the NFE listing. However, I believe that swadloon with an eviolite, paired with calm mind and baton pass can be a major threat. I would love to build a team around who I think is a diamond in the rough. Please find a good baton pass receiver or two for me as well. I have experimented with scarf chatot and a few others, but I trust you'll find a good match. Please build me a team around eviolite swadloon.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Plz build a team around this core

Zweilous @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
Careful Nature
- Roar
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Psywave

You can change the EV's if you need to. Any play style works fine. Thx in Advance.
We can get this done eventually but you might want to change the request to only Zweilous just because Bronzor really isn't viable in the current meta and there's no guarantee that any team trying to work with both it and Zweilous can come out decent. e: to be more specific, metang is just a better mon outside of the ground immunity, but as a trade off for beating golem and a couple of other mons bronzor is incredibly weak, passive, and lacks all of metang's good traits (pursuit, offensive presence, etc)
After battling extensively in PU I have noticed that swadloon is in the NFE listing. However, I believe that swadloon with an eviolite, paired with calm mind and baton pass can be a major threat. I would love to build a team around who I think is a diamond in the rough. Please find a good baton pass receiver or two for me as well. I have experimented with scarf chatot and a few others, but I trust you'll find a good match. Please build me a team around eviolite swadloon.
Sorry, but this thread is not for requesting things you think might be viable. Swadloon is just an awful mon in the meta, and the OP pretty clearly states not to ask for terrible mons (this could also apply to bronzor). If you think we aren't giving it enough consideration, you could try making your own team with it and gathering replays or something but for now I'm rejecting this.
Requesting a team around SS Huntail. Have not used it in PU ever before but I always love a good setup sweeper.

Huntail @ White Herb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam

I'm not attached to a certain play style with it so feel free to choose but if I had to have a preference I would prefer it not to be more toward balance than hyper offense. Thank you!
367.png
449.png
508.png
122.png
391.png
523.png

Huntail @ Life Orb
Happiness: 0
Naughty Nature
- Waterfall
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Stoutland @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Facade
Sorry this is kind of late, got one Huntail HO team for you! I noticed that it pairs pretty nicely with sand, since Ice Beam can threaten bulky waters and both Huntail and Stoutland can easily wall break for each other depending on the matchup. From there scarf mime provides more speed control and healing wish support, SD monferno is a third breaker/sweeper that's useful (completely necessary) for checking cacturne, and Zebstrika pivots around waters and also checks grasses. Don't have much to say about it, fairly straightforward team but it's pretty effective and I do have a replay of using it in the PU open. Enjoy!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-186002

Last edited:

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
We can get this done eventually but you might want to change the request to only Zweilous just because Bronzor really isn't viable in the current meta and there's no guarantee that any team trying to work with both it and Zweilous can come out decent. e: to be more specific, metang is just a better mon outside of the ground immunity, but as a trade off for beating golem and a couple of other mons bronzor is incredibly weak, passive, and lacks all of metang's good traits (pursuit, offensive presence, etc)

Sorry, but this thread is not for requesting things you think might be viable. Swadloon is just an awful mon in the meta, and the OP pretty clearly states not to ask for terrible mons (this could also apply to bronzor). If you think we aren't giving it enough consideration, you could try making your own team with it and gathering replays or something but for now I'm rejecting this.

View attachment 67763 View attachment 67760 View attachment 67764 View attachment 67762 View attachment 67761 View attachment 67759
Huntail @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- Waterfall
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Stoutland @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Facade
Sorry this is kind of late, got one Huntail HO team for you! I noticed that it pairs pretty nicely with sand, since Ice Beam can threaten bulky waters and both Huntail and Stoutland can easily wall break for each other depending on the matchup. From there scarf mime provides more speed control and healing wish support, SD monferno is a third breaker/sweeper that's useful (completely necessary) for checking cacturne, and Zebstrika pivots around waters and also checks grasses. Don't have much to say about it, fairly straightforward team but it's pretty effective and I do have a replay of using it in the PU open. Enjoy!
Then plz someone just build around zweilous

Requesting SD Jumpluff

First of all my english is far from perfect, sorry for stupid mistakes on my part.

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

I've always loved sweeping Jumpluff but I'm struggling to build a decent Team around it. I had the idea to pair it with
Metang for Stealth Rock support; Choice Scarf Simipour;Rapid Spin Armaldo;Choice Band Stoutland and Life Orb Zebstrika and it works quite well low on the ladder (around 1300),
but I don't think it's good enough to compete against better teams and players.

Requesting SD Jumpluff

First of all my english is far from perfect, sorry for stupid mistakes on my part.

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

I've always loved sweeping Jumpluff but I'm struggling to build a decent Team around it. I had the idea to pair it with
Metang for Stealth Rock support; Choice Scarf Simipour;Rapid Spin Armaldo;Choice Band Stoutland and Life Orb Zebstrika and it works quite well low on the ladder (around 1300),
sd jumpluff is an absolutely great set and it's fine in higher level play to be honest

plus someone already requested this

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
Requesting SD Jumpluff

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

Hey, Skiil4erz/Juicy (lol what is this name) - I've got a Jumpluff team for you. TONE114 was building a Jumpluff team for the other Jumpluff request made by LJSchoppert, so you should see another one coming out soon, I think.

Like you, I enjoy sweeping with SD Jumpluff quite a bit, but in a meta where Leafeon often fills that Grass-type slot more efficiently due to its ability to check Water-types with a Yache Berry, lure Gourgeist-XL with Lum + Knock Off, resist Golem's Earthquake without being OHKOed by Stone Edge thanks to its decent physical bulk all at the same time, Jumpluff can seem difficult to build around. So, to make its niche as apparent as possible, I wanted to build a team that capitalizes on the fact that most teams built currently really only use 1-2 resists for Flying-types, and often times, that dedicated Flying resist (ex. Golem, Relicanth, Metang, etc.) can be broken down by Grass- or Dark-type moves. So, I decided on building bird spam with a double trap core here.

Knowing that Jumpluff is easily countered by Electric-types with immunities to Sleep Powder (i.e. Electabuzz and Sap Sipper Zebstrika), I immediately added Trapinch to remove both of those. Trapinch also traps Probopass if its Air Balloon has been broken, as well as Stunfisk (which is important for opening up the other team for Dodrio to clean), so it sees a lot of utility on this team by removing some of Dodrio's and Jumpluff's checks and counters. RestTalk prevents Trapinch from being worn down far enough before beating Zebstrika / Probopass / Stunfisk / Electabuzz and lets it stay alive long enough to pressure Psychics like Scarf Mr. Mime so that Grumpig can be used more for checking Adamant Monferno and taking on Adamant Arbok and Rotom-F. Toxic together with recovery and Arena Trap is an annoying combination to face for anything unable to OHKO or 2HKO Trapinch, but Toxic is mainly for hitting things that avoid its Earthquake like Vullaby (if it stays in to Roost or Defog).

Trapinch does a decent job in removing Probopass / Stunfisk / Electabuzz / Zebstrika, but it doesn't quite beat other Flying resists like Golem, Mawile, or Pawniard without either fainting prior or being seriously mauled in the process. That's where Probopass comes in; it traps and Magnet Rises on Metang, which when removed, lets Dodrio lock into its Normal or Flying-type moves. Like Jumpluff, Probopass also pressures Adamant Golem; it avoids Earthquakes with Air Balloon and beats it with a faster Earth Power since Probopass with a Timid nature hits 196 Speed (as opposed to Adamant Golem's Speed stat of 189). Mawile, especially its physically Defensive variant, is stopped with Earth Power, and even taking one disallows Mawile from reliably coming in on Dodrio or Jumpluff late-game.

With Trapinch, Probopass, and Jumpluff all lumped together, Regice was looking like it could do a lot of damage with its Ice Beam OHKOing Jumpluff after a Rock Polish, having roughly a 50% chance to OHKO SpDef Trapinch, and Focus Blast checking Probopass. So, I added Colbur Grumpig. It handles Cryogonal, Regice, Adamant Monferno, Adamant Arbok, Rotom-F, prevents Rocks from going up or its foes' Defog from removing Probopass' Stealth Rock, as well as stopping slower wincons like Duosion or Clefairy from putting in too much work.

Trapinch, Probopass, and Jumpluff also don't switch into Floatzel at all, so I added Politoed to account for that weakness. Politoed protects Trapinch and Probopass via Water Absorb, takes an Ice Beam aimed at Jumpluff, pressures SR users with its own Scald and Ice Beam, and gives the team some insurance against setup spam via Encore (things like Klang were especially important to address with Encore). The extra Speed that I gave it here lets it check Monferno with Scald, Ice Beam or Encore on Drifblim, Encore on Adamant Arbok, etc. Cacturne will also sometimes go for Seed Bomb, with your opponent under the assumption Cacturne is faster, which in turn lets you check it with Ice Beam (not always the case, but this happened a few times during testing).

Finally, considering this team's ability to pressure or remove most Flying and Normal resists, its lack of Knock Off or a revenge killer, and the notion that Misdreavus was looking fairly threatening by this point, I decided to add Choice Scarf Dodrio with Facade. Even if you're forced to trade Knock Off for being burned when up against Misdreavus, you can still clean late-game with Dodrio's status- and STAB-boosted Facade. Early Bird is also useful and lets Dodrio act as a secondary Sleep absorb when faced with opposing Jumpluff or Smeargle (RestTalk Trapinch being the first, but Trapinch doesn't handle any Grass-types with access to Sleep inducing moves).

Optionally, you can replace Politoed with Lumineon in order to support Dodrio and Jumpluff by removing Stealth Rock for them, but I think SR users are pressured well enough as it is, and that Politoed's Encore is more useful in shutting down setup or Sleeptalkers. You can also use Taunt or Volt Switch over Magnet Rise Probopass, but Magnet Rise lets it beat Metang more easily and check Golem without worrying about Earthquake (even without its Balloon); Probopass is probably the most customizable on this team if you prefer to run it differently, but the idea is that it is trapping Steel-types for Dodrio and Jumpluff. Hope you enjoy the team!

Jumpluff @
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Seed Bomb / Bullet Seed
- Acrobatics

Trapinch @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Power Gem
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Politoed @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Frustration
- Brave Bird

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

View attachment 67763 View attachment 67760 View attachment 67764 View attachment 67762 View attachment 67761 View attachment 67759
Huntail @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- Waterfall
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Stoutland @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Facade
I realized that this team also has a scarf mime and so fits your request P1mpkrow. It's a pretty common mon so I'm sure there's other stuff, but just in case you never got a team with it

sergey

Banned deucer.
after new drops i tried making a couple of teams for myself and some other ppl for open and ssnl and most of them were decent in testing but i really wanted to make a good offense team around special basculin but im not really happy with any of the teams i made with it so i said why not ask people who actually play this tier to make me a team so here i am. i always liked basculin in this tier since its really strong and can revenge a bunch of weakened things with somewhat powerful priority but now that pelipper dropped physical basculin seems kind of underwhelming since being hard walled by the best hazard remover in the tier sucks :(, also the teams i made with it were bare ho (read: crustle+5 gods) so inviting pelipper literally for free to get rid of my hazards is no bueno. also special basculin ohkoes golem through sturdy and does a tonne to tangela which is also great but its worse vs cryogonal although jet probably 2hkos after rocks since that thing has like 6 defense. anyways i'd like the team to be offense, but the builder can decide if he wants to make hazard stack+5 or bulky offense, i just don't want momentum sappers D:!

Basculin @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive / Rash Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
LJSchoppert Skiil4erz/Juicy here's the second version. dw 2xTheTap I come through.

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb

Ninjask @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- X-Scissor
- Aerial Ace
- Sleep Talk

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Pelipper @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- U-turn

Monferno @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

So this team is designed to keep up momentum with Volt-Turn from Ninjask + Zebstrika wearing down Jumpluff's checks, making it easier to sweep. Sleep Talk was added on Ninjask to act as sleep fodder for things like lead Smeargles though you can also go Sap Sipper on Zebstrika for Spore variants of Smeargle. Pelipper provides needed Defog support and and switch in to things such as Monferno, Bouffalant, etc. while also providing momentum with U-Turn. Monferno prevents the team from being overrun by Cacturne and Thunder Punch lures in Pelipper and Swanna pretty nicely. Lastly Golem provdes Stealth Rock plus a Normal, Flying, and Electric resist while still mainting pressure on Pokemon such as Gourgeist with Toxic which further aids in a SD Jumpluff sweep. Enjoy!

Requesting an offensive team with Ninetales and Floatzel. They seem like two Pokemon with great synergy together, as they can basically hit anything the other can't with coverage, and Ninetales also happens to be my favorite Pokemon at the moment.

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I would like to request a team built around Mawile and Altaria. I haven't used mawile yet and I'm not sure what is better, straight physical with sd or mixed with fire blast. I thought about using either dd altaria or LO special. I usually build offense but I would like this team to be more balanced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)