Ability: Analytic
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

So I wanted to build a team around Nasty Plot Simipor, since I've noticed it really ravages a lot of balance teams in the meta, especially Lapras balance. So I've been experimenting with various cores around it for a while, until I finally got this result. Double-Monkey is a pretty cool core as Monferno breaks through a lot of Simipour's checks such as Prinplup and Lumineon. I chose Banded to give me a strong u-turn to wear down Simipour's checks. I didn't want to make this a hyper offense though, I wanted a balance team, so I obviously needed something to tank hits. AV Beheeyem was chosen as my special hits absorber- it's been becoming popular lately for a good reason, as it's similar to Bouffalant but doesn't provide a weakness to Ghost Types and hits much harder. I also wanted something to take physical hits, especially Machoke, since I couldn't afford sacking my offensive pokemon. Gourgeist was the easy answer. Now I wanted a Stealth Rock setter and something to take Monferno and block Volt Switch- Stunfisk covers all three of those roles so was an excellent choice- rocky Helm was chosen to wear down the dangerous Stoutland into range of being taken out by attacks in case I wanted to sack it. Cryogonal was my final choice, since hazard removal was fairly important here without a Toxic Spikes absorber. It also provides a secondary check against special attackers, especially Special water types. Knock Off was chosen because I don't have a Knock Off user and it's pretty important for surprise lures against fat Eviolite mons like Duosion and Clef I would otherwise be unable to break, but HP fighting can be used for a stronger match-up against Sub-Rotom.

The team plays by using Simipour and Monferno to combined break down defensive and balance teams, while my three slower mons come in whenever I need to take an attack by a faster pokemon. Often Beheeyem can take 2 or 3 mons down on its own if I get it in for free, due to its combination of sheer bulk and power. Because I have no Choice Scarf User certain threats can be really annoying to take down but my defensive core covers it 90% of the time. Watch out for non-Scarf Mime and Stoutland. Also Ninjask, fuck that thing

Team name was chosen after one of the villains in Lilo and Stitch, since that's my favorite anime and I also wanted to be edgey o0)'_'(0o

Sample Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-369522924

ManOfMany in your description, you said, "AV Beheeyem was chosen as my special hits absorber- it's been becoming popular lately for a good reason, as it's similar to Bouffalant but doesn't provide a weakness to Ghost Types and hits much harder." I think you mean it does give a weakness to Ghost-types, but hits much harder.

That's all

ManOfMany in your description, you said, "AV Beheeyem was chosen as my special hits absorber- it's been becoming popular lately for a good reason, as it's similar to Bouffalant but doesn't provide a weakness to Ghost Types and hits much harder." I think you mean it does give a weakness to Ghost-types, but hits much harder.

That's all
When he says weakness, I'm pretty sure he's referring to how well his team can hit the type, not how it gets hit. Bouffalant can't really touch Ghosts like Misdreavus, while Beheeyem can do sizable amounts of damage.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
FIRST MAWILE SAMPLE TEAM INCOMING!

Mawebs

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sticky Web
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Electroweb

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Altaria @ Draco Plate
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Simisage @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast

This is actually one of my favorite teams I ever built, so I had to share it. In the 6 or 7 matches I played with it (all vs decent opponents), not only has it won every game fairly comfortably, it was also incredibly fun to use. The team is simple- set up Sticky Webs and use the combined offensive force of your team to knock of the opponent down.

Leavanny was the obvious first choice, as it is by far the best setter of Sticky Webs. Since I was building the team around Mawile, an offensive Stealth Rocks Mawile was put. It has been doing a fantastic job so far. Not only does it set rocks and break walls, it provides a nice normal and flying check as well as priority. Misdreavus was chosen next as I wanted a Spinblocker as well as Taunt user. NP Missy does a very good job of breaking down opposing bulky cores. I chose Dazzling Gleam here to deal with Vullaby and Machoke better, and the spread allows it to outspeed Zebstrika under webs while still keeping a fair amount of bulk. I chose Simisage as my third webs abuser as it is a great wallbreaker, that also sits at a high speed tier unlike some other pokemon. A Nasty Plot set was chosen to break through the walls that Missy struggled with, such as Audino and Bouffalant. Leaf Storm was chosen over HP ice to provide some strong nuking power without boosts- for example the capability to OHKO Mime at full health. Zebstrika was added next mainly as a defensive check to some dangerous pokemon for webs that still kept an offensive presence- for example Jumpluff did a ridiculous amount of work, and so did Floatzel if webs somehow did not get up. It also provided something to stop Rotom-F from freely spamming Volt Switch. Finally I was leaning too specially heavy and wanted another physical attacker; I also wanted something to take a +2 Mach Punch from Monferno and revenge kill it, because that was looking like a threat. Altaria was my answer. With this offensive DD Draco Plaate set it actually maintains quite a bit of power, and is able to easily sweep a lot of offensive teams that rely on a grounded Choice Scarf user if it gets to +1. Altaria is my go-to lategame sweeper as it takes fantastic advantage of the holes punched in physical walls like Vullaby and Gourgeist by my trio of wallbreakers.

Sticky Webs are supposed to be super match-up based but I've never felt better able to check offensive threats on a HO team than this one. Additionally I am able to have a huge wallbreaking presence, while still being fast enough to match-up well against offense, especially hazardless offense. There are a few weaknesses here and there, such as to Pawniard (but Mawile can revenge kill and I can force 50-50s with most of my set-up sweepers), and Cryogonal (Mawile can 1v1 and Zebra can revenge), but ultimately I think this holds up super well against the current meta.

Have fun!

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So raiza is quitting and I finally took this over and did the major rehaul it needed. Most of the current ORAS teams were removed except for Crutch and pureUGLY because outdated (plus a big update to the outdated section including hitting the 6500 character limit) and I've added all of the ones the council saw fit to include. If you'd like to know why yours wasn't, feel free to PM me. Thanks for all the submissions guys!

It's Always Rainy in PU

Floatzel (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet
- Switcheroo

Meowstic @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rain Dance
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Magic Coat

Golem (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Golduck (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam

Cryogonal @ Damp Rock
EVs: 126 SpA / 130 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Freeze-Dry

Raichu @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Rain Dance
- Surf

This team's main job is to set up Golduck and Foatzel for the rain sweep by putting rain up, rocks, status, and just damage on other mons. Floatzel is the physical rain sweeper while golduck is the special sweeper. Golem is mainly for rocks and to get some rocky helmet damage off with it's high defense. Meowstic Male also takes some physical attacks while putting rain up, paralyzing pokemon, and even surprise some people by using magic coat and maybe getting a spike on the other side. However, you can change magic coat for reflect or light screen i Cryogonal's main job is to spin and put rain up, but it's also a decent special defender and hurts water types with freeze-dry. HP fighting is mainly just to damage an incoming Bastiodan, Probopass, or Pawniard but you can switch it for recover. And last but not least, Raichu also benefits from the rain with Thunder and can take out in incoming stunfisk or heavily damage a Probopass with rain up.

Attachments

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
what do you mean? It works when I have used it and it works well
It's an illegal combination. Raichu learns Surf from an event and gets Lightningrod as the hidden ability, and there has not been an event that includes both Surf and Lightningrod. This makes it impossible in the games to have both at the same time. Surf and Static are legal, but Lightningrod and Surf are not. It's only possible on PS atm due to error.

It's an illegal combination. Raichu learns Surf from an event and gets Lightningrod as the hidden ability, and there has not been an event that includes both Surf and Lightningrod. This makes it impossible in the games to have both at the same time. Surf and Static are legal, but Lightningrod and Surf are not. It's only possible on PS atm due to error.
Really? didn't know that! Then I guess I'll change lightningrod to static if I'm not playing showdown because it works on PS

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, when is this thread being updated? I at least want to know if my team was accepted or not.
It was updated, the whole post is 6 above this one. If a team is not replied to and does not show up in the OP that means that it was not accepted. This includes yours, and will also include balakay97's, which is the only one posted since the update. If you or anybody else would like to know why, feel free to pm me

GunGunJ

El patrón del mal
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys, i dont speak english very well, so dont kill me if i say something WTF XD

I reach Top 10 with this team, i hope that u like it and i hope that it became usefull for you.

Tunak-Tunak

This is a team based in the non-common Glaceon. As everyone knows, Regice is better than Glaceon in everything except in one thing: Destroy teams. The team is very funny to use and it make very difficult to our opponent to stop. Mawile, Monferno and Floatzel help Glaceon to do the offensive job, and Gourgeist and Stunfisk do the defensive one.

Special Monferno is unexpected for a lot of people, such as the Specs Blizzard from Glaceon that can 2HKO a huge part of the tier.

Let It Go (Glaceon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

Aisaka Taigaa (Mawile) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch

Lárgate (Gourgeist-Super) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb
- Foul Play

zEuS!CTM (Floatzel) @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet
- Bulk Up

Daler Mehndi (Monferno) @ Eviolite
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

The GOD (Stunfisk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic

If you want to use that Team i advice you to listen the song ''Tunak-Tunak'' during your laddering. Thats it from my part, if you want to ask me something you can find me in the Spanish Room.

Last edited:
Weird Animals

The team was based around the core of Tangela+Stoutland+Electabuzz. The idea was to let Stout come in, do some heavy damage with Choice Banded attacks, and then switch out to one of the two Eviolite users, then pivot back into Stoutland and keep punching holes. Tangela is the switchin to many physical attackers, such as Leafeon, Golem, and Stoutland, while Electabuzz switches into some special attackers such as Swanna, Raichu, and Cryogonal. The two mons pivot via Volt Switch and hardswitching, and Tangela stays healthy due to Regenerator.

After I decided on the core, I knew I needed a hazard remover, a rocker, and a scarfer. Swanna was chosen as the Defogger since Monferno gives my team problems, and Scald+Hurricane is a very potent combo. Leftovers was chosen to keep Swanna healthy. I chose Golem for the rocker since the team lacks a Flying resist and Volt Switch blocker. It also provides some priority. Finally, for a scarfer, I chose Monferno, as it takes a good number of people by surprise and it has good dual STAB+U-Turn, meaning it can force mons out and switch to something else to handle what comes in. Monferno also has priority, and it can potentially revenge kill weakened scarfers that are faster.

You can probably mess around with the sets without too much changing, like Rock Slide>Mach Punch on Monferno, or switching Lead Golem to Tank Golem, but this is how I usually use it.

Electabuzz @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Facade
- Crunch

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Swanna @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- Hurricane

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Monferno @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

Thought I might as well give this a shot.

The Beasts from the East

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor
- Leaf Storm

Mawile @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock

Chatot @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

This team was made around the idea of how to get the best out of Mawile (and Marowak, but maro didn't end up making the final cut). I settled on webs and that obviously led to leavanny as a lead, which I like quite a bit since it has a positive matchup against most other leads getting the momentum rolling.

For mawile, I wanted maximum offensive presence so I decided offensive SD was the best way to go. It has the ability to clear through teams if they don't have a good check available. And if it has been KO'd, maw walks on.

Lapras' low speed really enjoys webs as it can outspeed anything under 300 speed. It has the bulk to take a shot or two, and the power & coverage to deter anything that's not a special wall from coming in - and even then if it's not resisted it's doing big damage. Lapras usually punches holes in teams mid-battle handily.

Golem provides me with a way to deal with birds and such that couldn't care less about the webs being down. If he can drop rocks, that's a huge boon but he acts well as a defensive pivot and is incredibly useful being able to sucker punch. Tank golem ended up fitting in much better than other types due to the need to come in on resisted special hits.

Chatot is the late-game sweeper and causes terror with boomburst. If I'm unsure what the opponents lead is going to be, chatot can come in first & u turn for instant momentum.

Monferno really shines on webs as it outspeeds everything that is grounded. Eviolite is there so it can survive a hit (although I don't recommend relying on that) & get SD up to tear through teams. Ferno has plenty of checks, but many of them are manhandled by other mons on this team. Ferno provides a solid secondary option for the late-game finish with mach punch if chatot was an early casualty.

This team provides great power and momentum for me and rarely feels like it's behind the game at preview.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Cirt-Cele Maps

Raichu @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Toxic
- U-turn

Mawile @ Leftovers/Air Balloon
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

Monferno @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Here's a simple, standard team for people to abuse on the suspect ladder. The idea behind the team is Electric Spam- Rotom and Raichu share similar counters, each of which can be worn down and broken by the other by Trick and Nasty Plot respectively. The rest of the team is designed to take advantage of the holes they punch and to provide defensive synergy. Monferno is a great partner as it appreciates the Electric types getting easy double-switches on Swanna, and appreciates Stunfisk being worn down. It also gives me a powerful late game cleaner and priority, something that every team needs. Grumpig was added because Machoke (sigh) was looking to be quite a threat, as well as Monferno. It also gives a check to Scarf Mr.Mime. Mawile was chosen as the Stealth Rock user because not only did it provide a normal resist, which the team lacked, it also helped vs Jumpluff and provided a secondary Machoke switch-in. Metang is a nice alternative that gives me more special bulk but I does worse vs Machoke and Dodrio who are big threats. Finally, Lumineon was added as a hazard remover because I was weak to water-types, and having a third way of gaining momentum seemed cool.

The team has great synergy, is able to keep pace vs offense with its fast pokemon, and can break through defensive teams with NP and SD. It is weak to a few threats however, such as Chatot and Golem, though they can be managed with smart play.

Last edited:
Gourgeist/Probopass Core

Importable (open)

'stache (Probopass) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 164 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Power Gem
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Poe (Gourgeist-Super) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Seed Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed

Phelps (Floatzel) @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Brick Break

Hammy Swinette (Grumpig) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

Free Head? (Dodrio) @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Return

Pooh (Raichu) @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Description

This team focuses on having a sturdy two Pokemon defensive core and then powerful attackers.

Probopass - Special Wall
Enough speed EV's to outspeed Base 50 mons while maintaining high HP/ Sp.def to tank special attacks. Power Gem for Articuno, Volt Switch for momentum. Thundewave to cripple in coming mons and Stealth Rocks for chip damage.

Gourgeist - Physical Wall
Enough speed EV's to outspeed base 60 mons while maintaining high HP/Def to dank physical attacks. Rock slide for common Articuno switch in, Seed Bomb powerful STAB for taking out Ground/Rock types/good damage. Leech seed for recovery and Wil - O - Wisp to cripple physical attackers.

Floatzel - Mixed Hyper Offense
+Speed nature to outspeed Jumpluff. Aqua Jet for priority, Waterfall powerful STAB, Brick Break for Probopass/Weak Normal Types. Finally Ice Beam for Tangela/Gourgeist.

Grumpig - AV Attacker
48 Speed EV to outspeed fully invested Marowak. Energy ball for said Marowak. Psychic for STAB/Machoke, HP Ice for coverage, Focus Blast for coverage. AV + Thick Fat allows Grumpig to tank Ice/Fire Special Attacks with very little damage.

Dodrio - Banded Offense
Choice Band with 110 Base Attack makes Dodrio a serious threat to all mons. Quick attack to finish off faster Pokemons, Brave Bird for Tangela/Powerful STAB, Return gives Dodrio a strong attack that doesn't give recoil finally Knock Off on incoming mons.

Raichu - Scarfed Offense/Pivot
Modest Nature still allows Raichu to outspeed most set up mons but gives extra power. Thunderbolt for STAB, Volt Switch for pivot/gain momementum, Focus Blast and HP Ice for coverage.

Last edited:
Hello, I've got beef with speed pass as a strategy that can produce "easy wins" so I wanted to demonstrate how easy it is and how you should try it too. So here's a speed pass team I have made.
Ninjask @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Defog

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
Happiness: 0
EVs: 216 HP / 16 Atk / 140 SpD / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Frustration

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch

Swoobat @ Kee Berry
Ability: Simple
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 80 SpD / 24 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Signal Beam
- Stored Power

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 184 SpA / 76 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

The purpose and roles of the team:

Ninjask is the sole mon on this team that the team is built around. The purpose is you lead with ninjask, protect + sub, then baton pass the speed boosts / maybe sub included to a recipient of the team.

Marowak with +3 speed is broken, having perfect coverage for PU with fire punch is also nice for things like gourgeist and rotom-f in case they live.

Bouffalant is the "ice check" for the team, whereby it's got enough spdef to beat them 1v1 and an ability to boost up to +2/+4. Frustration + eq works well.

Servine with bulk is dangerous as you can set up a sub and synth up on most things, meaning if you set up +4, you can more often than not keep healthy whilst also doing huge damage to their team.

Swoobat is my favorite of the sweepers and the one that often sweeps the most. Do not switch this in on a knock off, however on things like monferno, you can easily chew a hit, gain +2 and roost up / calm mind up to ridiculous boosts with simple to then sweep their team in a ridiculously easy manner.

Prinplup is a glue mon for hazards, you don't always need rocks up for this strategy to be effective, but you need rocks off your side of the field to do it consistently throughout the match.

Threats are ice types, so you are welcome to change 1 of the sweepers on the team to a potential resist, however bouff does a semi-decent job at checking them.

Last edited:
Hello, I've got beef with speed pass as a strategy that can produce "easy wins" so I wanted to demonstrate how easy it is and how you should try it too. So here's a speed pass team I have made.
Ninjask @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Defog

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Happiness: 0
EVs: 216 HP / 16 Atk / 140 SpD / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Frustration

Marowak @ Thick Club
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch

Swoobat @ Kee Berry
Ability: Simple
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 80 SpD / 24 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Signal Beam
- Stored Power

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 184 SpA / 76 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

The purpose and roles of the team:

Ninjask is the sole mon on this team that the team is built around. The purpose is you lead with ninjask, protect + sub, then baton pass the speed boosts / maybe sub included to a recipient of the team.

Marowak with +3 speed is broken, having perfect coverage for PU with fire punch is also nice for things like gourgeist and rotom-f in case they live.

Bouffalant is the "ice check" for the team, whereby it's got enough spdef to beat them 1v1 and an ability to boost up to +2/+4. Frustration + eq works well.

Servine with bulk is dangerous as you can set up a sub and synth up on most things, meaning if you set up +4, you can more often than not keep healthy whilst also doing huge damage to their team.

Swoobat is my favorite of the sweepers and the one that often sweeps the most. Do not switch this in on a knock off, however on things like monferno, you can easily chew a hit, gain +2 and roost up / calm mind up to ridiculous boosts with simple to then sweep their team in a ridiculously easy manner.

Prinplup is a glue mon for hazards, you don't always need rocks up for this strategy to be effective, but you need rocks off your side of the field to do it consistently throughout the match.

Threats are ice types, so you are welcome to change 1 of the sweepers on the team to a potential resist, however bouff does a semi-decent job at checking them.
Did I play against you earlier? I played against this or a very similar team with ManOfMany's Cirt-Cele Maps team above today. It was a real pain in the ass, although I screwed up and let the pressure off Ninjask late game, allowing it to pass to Servine who then swept. Especially tough to stop in a tier where not much runs Taunt or phazing moves as a standard.

Nose & Slime

So I noticed there hasn't been a sample posted in a while. I've recently made a team unintentionally around Probopass and Muk (It was originally around Klang and Arbok, but Probo and Muk just seemed to fit right in). The idea of this team is that Probopass can trap steels that wall Muk such as Mawile, Pawniard, other Probopasses, Metang, etc. Probo is the Stealth Rock setter and a decent check to CM Duosion with its ability to Taunt. Muk's excellent special bulk can act as a decent check to common special attackers such as Floatzel and Raichu, and can sweep later on in the game if necessary. Leafeon adds nice speed and offensive presence with its Choice Band set, breaking down a lot of walls and knocking off Eviolites to help teammates. A nice antilead, Leafeon also is one of the best checks to Golem and other ground types such as Stunfisk which give Probopass and Muk problems. To benefit from Leafeon's wallbreaking abilities is Rock Polish Relicanth, offering good late game cleaning or mid game wallbreaking, as well as the fact that it synergizes well with Leafeon. Wacan Berry lets Reli eat an electric hit late game and Rock Polish up to sweep (chople wasn't really needed). The team needed some more speed, so standard Scarf Mime was added with Healing Wish cuz what mons don't like Healing Wish support? Mime also benefits from the team since Probo can remove annoying steels. Peli was added as a Monferno check, defogger and a pivot with slow U-turn to let Leafeon and Relicanth attack safely.

quick thanks to pmtj and a few others for helping out with the team.

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power

Muk @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Poison Jab

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Ability: Leaf Guard
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor

Relicanth @ Wacan Berry
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Head Smash

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- U-turn

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)