Project PU Player of the Week 16: MaroGod

cryalot

senza telescopi
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Approved by galbia
OP stolen from Leer in RU, who took it from Lord Alphose and xzern in NU
Past Players of the Week: Magnemite, galbia, gasquakee, scorpdestroyer, Simipour, Anty, Raiza, 2xTheTap, TONE114, Megazard, Dundies, RawMelon, Kay, amber lamps, ShuckleDeath

Welcome back to another PU Player of the Week. This time we have an interview with the neo moderator of the PU room: MaroGod !! Enjoy, leave some feedback and feel free to ask other questions!!

Most Known For: Selling Alts,Memes,Chocolate Dirt
Favorite Pokemon: Marowak
Most Used Pokemon: Butterfree and Marowak
Can you tell us a bit about yourself outside of PS?
I'm a young Aussie bloke thats lived in WA for all of my life and currently finishing off my last year of school which ends in about 3 months. When i'm not playing mons im generally playing different games, watching WWE, cooking or listening to music.

Where did you get your name from?
I've actually had multiple "mains" for a long time but i originally started off with Cubone Kid around the time i first got into battling after a long hiatus i came back to PS and changed it to MaroGod eventually going with two G's (like purple) but recently falling into bad times i wanted to change even the slightest of things so i went back to MaroGod making sure every main alt having some sort of reference to the Cubone Line since i love em.

How and when did you get into competitive battling?
I enjoyed watching competitive battling from Shofu, Haydunn and DunDeal Showdown eventually i wanted to get into it myself but didn't know how eventually i came across Pokemon Showdown back in the BW2 days where i mainly stuck towards the NU tier due to enjoying the ability to make these considered "bad" pokemon be amazing due to being in the lowest of the low.

After losing interest i came back with a spark but NU felt different and i could not get a grasp on how to play it so i stuck in OMs and followed the PU tier until they got there own room and remained silent through out X/Y attempting to learn the tier (Admittedly terribly) all of that leads up to now with somehow becoming a moderator for the room.

What's your favorite playstyle and why?
Balance or Bulky Offense teams are my favorites both due to how they work and how i play being a very and unnecessary risky player i like the ability to fall back on defensive backbones but these styles all open up my favorite pokemon to be at there most effective like Marowak, Articuno, Tangela ect.

Are there some underrated and overrated pokemons in the current metagame?
Mienfoo still needs more love its BP set is amazing and utterly destroys all forms of defensive squads people are throwing around these days (side mention to Ampharos nice bulky Cleric with offensive presence is great rn).
Overrated is easily Def Swanna and Chinchou if it be a core or separate people give these mons too much credit both being broken so easily and the reason it can thrive atm is people not using more offensive threats.

What are your thoughts about the recent Machoke suspect?
Originally i just did not care after keeping up with the whole Machoke debate on PR and then the suspect happening i just let whatever happened happen either vote doesnt destroy the tier which what mattered but after seeing the reasoning from both sides all the arguments for No Ban have just been bad tbh the reasoning for keeping Machoke is still bad we don't need it and never have or will.

Are there any pokemons that you would like to drop from NU or to rise from PU?
#FREEMUK
How was your experience in PUPL? Can you tell us how did you relate with your teammates?
Honestly i dislike playing for PU atm the meta is boring and i can barely be assed making teams but PUPL was so much fun with the Nimbasa Ninetales team everyone was a blast to play with and talking to Tect, Optical Real, -Grim, Thisbemyalt, Evan., Andromeda., r0ady and everyone else was enjoyable ending in the finals made it all the better.

The games were fun and challenging after R3 i took a break since it just annoyed me and i needed to catch up with irl stuff and i was put back in the finals where i fought cryalot for the very final match so i brought a random team with Marowak on it and lost unfortunately but was still enjoyable battling with cry in the final match.

Have you ever played other tiers? If yes, which ones and why?
I've played all the tiers at least once but find myself only liking either NU or UU and have actually been getting more into NU as of late mostly due to the difference in metas and mons.
Who do you look up to / admire most as a PU player?
I can't pick just one in this case as Tect, RawMelon and Optical Real have always helped me out with this tier and still do when i really need the help. Tect has always been there to help me get a hold for the tier, Raw and Optical always give me tips even still with battling (basically tone down unnecessary risky plays) so yeah big thanks to those three.

Can you name a new PU player that has potential to become good?
Everyone has the potential to be good in the future there really isnt anyone i can say has a better chance over another.

If you could make one change to the tier (can be anything), what would it be?
At least try out/get back mons we realistically wont get from NU like Claydol, Gastrodon, Manectric, Piloswine, Torterra, Aurorus ect ect.

What kind of music do you listen to?
Jack of all trades with music with my main interests sticking around Rap and Metal genres specially Shizzy Sixx, Skillet, Hollywood Undead and Tyr.

Can you provide a team that reflects you as a player, as well as the current metagame?
Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Rock Smash

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Defog
- Toxic

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Team revolves around Articuno + CB Leafeon which deals with a large amount of defensive cores, Golem is the normal + electric check, Lumi for defog + water immunity, Ferno cause wincon, ScarfMime since needed more speed and Healing Wish is beautiful.

Last edited:
hi

1.) Why are you cute?
2.) Why does ur timezone suck dick?
3.) Do you have any cute pets?
4.) Which games do you play outside of mons?

:3

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Hi
Why are you so good at this game and yet lose to carvanha? And why do you stalk nu so much? And also why are you so ugly?

hi

1.) Why are you ugly?
2.) Why is your timezone amazing?
3.) Do you have any ugly pets?
4.) Do you play pokemon go?

3:

If Machoke leaves do you think people will use Foo more?
What do you like to cook?
Do you plan on leaving Australia in the future?

hi

1.) Why are you cute?
2.) Why does ur timezone suck dick?
3.) Do you have any cute pets?
4.) Which games do you play outside of mons?

:3
1.) I'm gorgeous
2.) No you
3.) A Beagle who goes by Diego
4.) Recently Dragon Age: Inquisition and WWE 2K16 a bit of Smash Bros 4 as well

Hi
Why are you so good at this game and yet lose to carvanha? And why do you stalk nu so much? And also why are you so ugly?
1.) When have i ever said im good? Also Carvanha is a god but i have never lost to it.
2.) I don't stalk NU O_o
3.) I'm gorgeous

hi

1.) Why are you ugly?
2.) Why is your timezone amazing?
3.) Do you have any ugly pets?
4.) Do you play pokemon go?

3:
1.) I'm gorgeous
2.) Because Australian master race
3.) I have a Beagle called Diego who is cute
4.) I have played Pokemon GO and it's kinda ass

If Machoke leaves do you think people will use Foo more?
What do you like to cook?
Do you plan on leaving Australia in the future?
1.) They should but won't
2.) I tend to cook mostly meats like Steak,Chops,Chicken ect
3.) It's something i have definitely thought about mostly just to check out other countries and learn about the culture compared to Australia.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
What's the story behind your signature?

Favorite mon to use?

Best PUPL match?

Last edited:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Why do you love Butterfree so much?

How do you feel about CM Beheeyem?

do you feel sticky web teams have any use in the metagame?

whats your favourite lure?

Is cryalot better than me?

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
If you could introduce something for Sun & Moon what would it be?
Funny childhood story you have?
Ever caught a shiny?

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Any insights on Australian politics?
What do you think about Pokemon go?
Least favorite mon you have to keep telling people sucks in the chat?

What's the story behind your signature?

Favorite mon to use?

Best PUPL match?
1.) Well prior Holidays i wanted to get into a new tier other then Pu so i started going into NU,RU,UU and OU playing a couple games and talking with the community. When i hung around UU for a bit i was in a mood to just joke around and asked for Voice due to me being a literal god and instead of getting into shit which i immediately realized could of happened upon pressing enter watfor played along with the joke.

2.) That is a tough one since i have been getting out of battles atm however the most recent one has to be Defensive SDpass Mawile which honestly feels like the best set to use on it.

3.) Anything with me in it

why aren't you named mariogod?

why wont you bring back marogodd?

what is your favorite youtuber and favorite poketuber if any?
1.) Because i look like Wario.

2.) MaroGodd isn't completely gone i still use it on occasion to ladder but its taking a hiatus of sorts due to my personal wants.

3.) Shofu, Muselk, PressStartVI and Steve And Larson

Why do you love Butterfree so much?

How do you feel about CM Beheeyem?

do you feel sticky web teams have any use in the metagame?

whats your favourite lure?

Is cryalot better than me?
1.) I am not quite sure i just found it the most threatening and undervalued pokemon to use at the time and basically had the most fun with it for ages...honestly will end up using it again very soon

2.) I do not care

3.) Webs have use in any meta and in PU they have generally always had some sort of viability

4.) Fishing

5.) He is Italian but you are a father....how about im the best and we move on?

If you could introduce something for Sun & Moon what would it be?
Funny childhood story you have?
Ever caught a shiny?
1.) More Australian pokemon i want me some Dingo

2.) I managed to steal 50 dollars from my teachers wallet back in primary school

3.) Yes my first Shiny was an Adamant Marowak which also ended up being the first pokemon i leveled up to 100 his name was Cpt. Calcium....i had a military phase as a kid.

Any insights on Australian politics?
What do you think about Pokemon go?
Least favorite mon you have to keep telling people sucks in the chat?
1.) I am honestly not sure what has been going on with our country politically lately i haven't heard or saw anything relating to it for some time now but the could be since i'm out of touch with politics in general atm mostly due to the whole i care about me and me along thing.

2.) It's nifty i rarely get to use the app a lot due to not using credit on my phone but had some use of it a couple days ago with mates and enjoyed myself overall (The best part is the beef between Mystic,Instinct and Valor)

3.) Can't pick one so ill say anyone using something then bragging about it when they suck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)