PU Analyses Discussion Thread

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I also brought this up up a while back, but offensive Shell Smash Huntail could be mentioned as SmashPass is banned.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yeah my mistake about the chatot thing i assumed the set was a good one (in this meta) not np w/o salac :{|}

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WE DONT HAVE OFFENSIVE GRUMPIG
JUST SPDEF
HELLO
can I get perms for this I have 2 already but sliggoo is on hold until people decide whether to reject him

all fully evolved pokemon finally have sets on the official smogon pokedex

*cries loudly* thank you

#NoPokemonLeftBehind

I believe Quilava could have a niche in the tier, though it currently is unmentioned. It doesn't have any movesets. I think it could be used as an offensive suicide. It is just barely under the speed of Monferno, which is used as a suicide lead. It doesn't have access to Stealth Rocks, but it does have powerful offensive moves. It has Eruption for anything it can manage to outspeed, and can use Overheat with focus sash to get a STAB boost and a Blaze boost, making it extremely powerful for one time use. It has access to Reversal when Overheat isn't effective and where fighting is supereffective, or in a pinch when its special attack is reduced. For a 4th move, it can use endure to try and give it another chance when hit by entry hazards, or it has quick attack to finish off other focus sash users and sturdy users. I have been testing this, so I'm not making it up off the top of my head with no experience.
I would be willing to write this analysis, though it may take me some time, but at the very least would hope that at least a moveset could be put up for it.

Offensive Suicide
Ability: Blaze
Item: Focus Sash
Naive Nature
8 Att / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Overheat
Reversal
Eruption
Quick Attack / Endure

The speed IV to avoid ties with any Pokemon in the tier (Unfezant), which would be disastrous when trying to decide which move to use if picked wrong.

TL;DR Quilava could have an offensive suicide set

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
forenmagra, the set you mentioned, as well as the Pokemon, are very unviable in the current metagame. You compare Quilava to Monferno, while all they have in common is being NFEs and being Fire-types. Monferno has access to Taunt, Stealth Rock, STAB Priority, Grass Knot, and Fighting-type STAB, while Quilava is left with bad sets.

Regarding Vigoroth's EV distribution:
The listed spread on the above page is inferior to that of a Jolly nature, with the listed spread you lose out on three stat points.
  • Current Spread: Careful 252 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 172 / 84
  • Careful stats at level 100: 364 / 196 / 196 / 131 / 207 / 137
Compared to the Jolly spread:
  • Suggested Spread: Jolly 252 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 244 / 12
  • Jolly stats at level 100: 364 / 196 / 196 / 131 / 207 / 240
Of course you can put the remaining three points wherever you want, as the blue spread above is just an example.

~

Last edited:

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Regarding Vigoroth's EV distribution:
The listed spread on the above page is inferior to that of a Jolly nature, with the listed spread you lose out on three stat points.
  • Current Spread: Careful 252 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 172 / 84
  • Careful stats at level 100: 364 / 196 / 196 / 131 / 207 / 137
Compared to the Jolly spread:
  • Suggested Spread: Jolly 252 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 244 / 12
  • Jolly stats at level 100: 364 / 196 / 196 / 131 / 207 / 240
Of course you can put the remaining three points wherever you want, as the blue spread above is just an example.

~
Thank you for the more efficient EV spread, it has replaced the current one in the analysis!

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
What do you guys think of Stoutland having Choice Scarf as a main set? iirc Dundies and Magnemite said yes and Megazard said no. I'm looking for other opinions.

WDM EDIT: I asked him to post here btw, since I never really used it and couldn't give him an opinion.

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
What do you guys think of Stoutland having Choice Scarf as a main set? iirc Dundies and Magnemite said yes and Megazard said no. I'm looking for other opinions.

WDM EDIT: I asked him to post here btw, since I never really used it and couldn't give him an opinion.
i can see this getting a full set but not main set at all

i think this deserves a full set on the analysis, but definitely not the main. ive used it a good bit and in my experience its been pretty great to completely screw over offense while still hitting really hard. i support.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
I didn't actually mean to make it the main set, I was asking if it deserved its own set in general.

I'd also like to hear other opinions of giving Choice Scarf Aurorus an individual analysis. It's arguably the best weather check in the tier, and does a decent job of revenge killing, though it can't beat things like Carracosta/Barbaracle after a Shell Smash. From what I've seen, it's one of the more used sets, and I feel as though it has more viability than Rock Polish.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Also what would you guys think of a small Dusknoir revamp with Spell Tag? While it may not be needed, Spell Tag is becoming the more used set on Dusknoir in comparison to the Choice Band set.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jumpluff needs memento and u-turn slashed on its main set

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Jumpluff needs memento and u-turn slashed on its main set
We mentioned those moves in moves sections though i agree they need a larger mention; however the UT/etc are all about the SD set so when we get to doing revamps it will be sorted out

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, its been a week after the Victreebel ban, but is it alright if I do an analysis for Weepinbell? I've been testing it quite a bit and it's worked well. It's almost the same as Victreebel but slightly weaker and more frail

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)