Crustle @ White Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

I don't understand why this set is used as little as it is. Shell Smash Crustle is a great set up sweeper and Choke just left the tier so that's one less thing to stop it :D. Not difficult to find set up opportunities and X-Scissor/Stone Edge/EQ give you solid coverage vs the current meta.
I just finished hosting a workshop along with Akir, ShuckleDeath, ManOfMany, amberrlamps, and various other PU roomstaff. (it lasted a while so some had to leave and others joined part-way through) We built the team around 5gen's Shell Smash Crustle.

Crustle @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Surf

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Baton Pass

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

We started with a very hyper offensive team in mind, but as the workshop went on we realized we were struggling with a lot of things like Stealth Rock, Electric types, and Monferno, so the team gradually became more and more bulky until we arrived at this. It has a bit of a weakness to EdgeQuake coverage, but we decided that playing around it with Mawile and Swanna should be enough. It also has a speed tier issue so we considered replacing Grumpig for Kadabra, but we decided to just give Thunder Wave to Grumpig instead, since we would be weak to Rotom-F without the pig. It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I also learned a ton in the process, so thanks to everyone that helped us!

Test battle vs Matthew DeAngelis

Last edited by a moderator:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys. I've been looking for ways to make these workshops faster. Both EnemyJurist Chrisloud1 and suggested asking people to post cores instead of one mon. So yeah, I encourage this from now on, even though you don't have to. Adding to the op ^^

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
With VeryPinkPancakes encouraging cores from now on, I thought I'd suggest a core I made back when I first started playing PU a couple months ago.

Dusknoir + Bouffalant

Dusknoir @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Pursuit

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper / Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake

They're both fairly slow, bulky pokemon, but I've found they can form a decent offensive core together. Dusknoir has dual priority to deal with fast offensive teams while SubSD Bouffalant is an awesome stallbreaker, so it handles defensive teams very well. They also have great type synergy because Dusknoir is immune to Fighting and Bouffalant is immune to Ghost, so they cover each other's main weaknesses.

As I said before, I created this core when I was first being introduced to the PU metagame, so the team I currently have for it may be a little mediocre. I'm looking forward to seeing what more experienced players can do with it!

EDIT: One other thing I forgot to mention is that this core is significantly buffed now that Machoke is gone. No more bulky Fighting/Dark coverage to give it trouble! (unless you're using Scraggy I guess)

Last edited:

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Simipour @ Salac Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Lapras @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Thunderbolt

TONE114's water spam core from the good cores thread. Features a great late game sweeper in Sub Salac Simipour alongside Specs Lapras which can break down opposing waters. This core is especially effective considering most teams' water checks are pressured heavily by Nasty Plot and Specs boosted attacks.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Helol

From now on, I encourage people to keep debates on say, a mon, to 10 minutes each. Afterwards, vote and move on. This should make the workshop go by a little quicker. Teams are not perfect.

Thank you to Akir for this suggestion

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Just completed a workshop with a Nasty Plot Mr. Mime + Choice Scarf Chatot core and this is what we created:

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Chatot @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- U-turn

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- Hurricane

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Pursuit

After testing this variation some, some people in the workshop found that Metang was not working as well as hoped. Because of that, a second version was created where Metang was replaced with Rapidash:

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb Ability: Soundproof EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Timid Nature IVs: 0 Atk - Nasty Plot - Psyshock - Dazzling Gleam - Focus Blast

Chatot @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- Hurricane

Rapidash @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

The teambuilding process started with the core, but seemed to depart from the central idea after a while. Tank Golem was added for role compression in the form of Normal resist/Electric immunity/Stealth Rock setter, and then Swords Dance Leafeon was added as a Ground Resist/Water Lure/Wallbreaker. From there it was decided that we have a big weakness to things such as Monferno, so we added Swanna for countering and for Defog. The last mon needed to check Ice types like Articuno, which resulted in Metang and Rapidash.

Overall I feel like this team is ok, but would have benefited more from focusing on the core more and less on what we needed to cover. The core seems to struggle to do its job but is still effective enough for the team to work. Even so, it was a good experience for everyone there and was a lot of fun.

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Helol

From now on, I encourage people to keep debates on say, a mon, to 10 minutes each. Afterwards, vote and move on. This should make the workshop go by a little quicker. Teams are not perfect.

Thank you to Akir for this suggestion
Yeah I definitely feel it can be chaotic at times with people suggesting multiple mons or differing sets at once. Doesn't help when they start giving out their reason and stuff. I think creating more polls like Akir did today and shifting the focus to specific mons/team weaknesses really helps.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
so um, today's workshop kind of died.

I started a workshop based on an archetype that I think is amazing in this metagame: Dark Spam. The resists to Dark in this meta are Clefairy, Monferno, and Mawile. The latter can't switch in, and the rest can be easily handled by the rest of the team.

However, I did not do a good job of keeping us on task and to the rule that Akir proposed so the workshop spiraled out of control. We went from like Bulky Offense to Balance. 2xTheTap then decided that Offense was the only good archetype with this core, but by then the workshop was having trouble recovering.

As a result, we ended up with a few different versions of the team: my version and a version that Terrakion. built with the start from us.

My Version

e c k s d e e (Cacturne) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball

Rapidash @ Charcoal
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

Raichu @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

We all started with the Dark Spam core of Pawniard + Cacturne, which has like no switch-ins in this meta and they weaken checks for each other. I decided that the core was kind of slow and so we added Sticky Web and SR from Smeargle. NP Misdreavus is amazing on Sticky Web and especially this team as it helps with Clefairy (taunt). Then, I added Rapidash as a soft ice and fire check and another wallbreaker. Originally, the final slot was Rotom-F, but then we were Monferno weak. Then it was Rotom-S, but then Kaboom pointed out that we were swept by Scarf Tbolt. As a result, Raichu is here, as it is another sweeper that thrives on Sticky Web. This team's goal is to eventually sweep with Cacturne's sucker punch or NP raichu by weakening their checks (dark spam weakens NP raichu's checks, the other mons weaken stuff like monferno and clefairy). Rotom-Fan might actually be better on this team and replace something else but I don't know. This is not great I just wanted to post this in thread and it is fun.

here's a replay with the frostrom version of the team vs. conor3197 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-416899474

Terrakion's Version

Cacturne @ Life Orb Ability: Water Absorb EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Mild Nature - Sucker Punch - Dark Pulse - Focus Blast - Giga Drain

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Golem @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam
- Baton Pass

Dusknoir @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Air Slash

Please check the post below as Terrakion. will be graciously posting about his thought process and teambuilding ^^

Last edited:

Starting off with Dark Spam being the chosen core and us deciding to build with an offensive archetype, I decided to start off by adding Golem to the core because of the offensive pressure it puts while also having the potential of setting up Stealth Rock. Floatzel was added to check Fire-types such as Monferno and Rapidash since Golem might be unavailable due to it being a suicide lead and just there to get damage off on key Pokemon. Dusknoir is my choice of a spin blocker as I never really liked nor did well with Misdreavus, and Drifblim is a poor spinblocker as it is outsped by the best Rapid Spinner in the tier in Cryogonal. Dusknoir can switch into any of Cryogonal's moves and force it out which would lead to it killing it with Pursuit. (252+ Atk Life Orb Dusknoir Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Cryogonal: 252-298 (89.6 - 106%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock) Lastly I added Rotom-S as another Monferno check and its ability to revenge Pokemon or gain momentum with Volt Switch.

VeryPinkPancakes my sprites are better.

toodles.

Calm Mind Beheeyem

foreign (Beheeyem) @ Colbur Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Recover
- Signal Beam/Shadow Ball/ThunderBolt

Calm Mind Beheeyem is a set that i feel got a bit better with the new drops and that also sets up on a decent amount while Breaking/Sweeping teams early/mid-game.

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
I already posted this in the Good Cores thread but I think it works well and uses the new drops so it could be fun to build around.

Muk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Power-Up Punch/Focus Punch/Shadow Sneak

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

This core works by using AV Muk to wear down scarf Mime's checks such as Metang, Probopass, Klang, etc. Muk can also easily switch in on bulky grass types that Mime doesn't have the power to kill.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
today we built with frogs and dogs

and
or

macle (Frogadier) @ Eviolite
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic Spikes

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Facade
- Crunch
- Superpower

Electrode @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Signal Beam
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Hex
- Nasty Plot

Mawile @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Baton Pass
- Knock Off

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

macle (Frogadier) @ Eviolite
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic Spikes

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Facade
- Crunch
- Superpower

Electrode @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Signal Beam
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Hex
- Nasty Plot

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

we started with T spikes frogadier because (frog) and it looked fun. Stoutland and Electrode are great breakers that appreciate Toxic Spikes to wear down their checks, and Electrode added some speed to the team. Misdreavus was added as a great sweeper that appreciates the Toxic Spikes, as Hex is really powerful. It can help check Clefairy due to taunt as well. Next, there was a huge debate about Golem or Mawile. Golem left us weak to Grasses, specifically Leafeon, but it was argued that those could be easily revenge killed. Mawile left us weak to Fires, notably Rapidash, but it was also argued that those could be revenge killed. To stop a fight, I proposed two different teams. Both teams proposed SubCM Grumpig as their last mon- for fires in Mawile's case and for Ices in Golem's case. It also appreciates toxic spikes.

There was a lot of tension during this workshop and I was even a part of it. I won't name any other names but I feel terrible, and I'm sure the rest of those involved do too. As a result, let's remember that this is a fun project and we're supposed to have fun doing it. No need to have this much tension.

Also workshop hosts, please try and follow the following template for the future: have people propose partners to the current mons, let them say why that's the best partner, vote and move on. You can always change stuff when you finish. This will reduce tension and make these go by faster.

S/o to:

Terrakion. Kaboom ManOfMany cryalot 5gen cityfolk ShuckleDeath Rebel Pawniards PokemonmasterTj Dibs The Dreamer Conor3197 BreakNow

dibs

double iron bashes
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I love dog, you love dog, everyone should love dog. So here's another dog core:

woofer pup (Stoutland) @ Choice Band
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Crunch

old sawsbuck (Stantler) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty/Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Energy Ball
- Sucker Punch/Shadow Ball/Signal Beam

Standard banded dog with lure Stantler to make a normal spam core and lure common normal checks with it's ground/grass mixed coverage.

Last edited:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I don't normally lead or post these because I like to build with one other builder or by myself, but I am posting on The Jungle Fox's behalf. Some other people that were involved - Terrakion., Slowbroth, HoennZach, Machoker, Matthew DeAngelis, EnemyJurist, and PokemonmasterTj, with pancake kicking us off, The Jungle Fox leading it, and me sort of co-leading it.

The chat, so you can see some of the thought processes behind the team: http://pastebin.com/T4VXEZC5

MUK-KROW BALANCE
/

Murkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Heat Wave
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Muk @ Choice Band
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Power Gem
- Magnet Rise
- Taunt

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Signal Beam
- Defog

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

OR

Raichu @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- ENCORE / Focus Blast

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge

The goal here was to lure Muk's defensive answers with Heat Wave / Brave Bird / Sucker Punch / Hidden Power Grass LO Naughty Insomnia Murkrow. Brave Bird into Hidden Power Grass removes Golem, while Brave Bird into Heat Wave helps with Metang and Mawile, which lets Muk do as much damage as possible with its STAB, CB Gunk Shot. The Speed allows it to outspeed and OHKO defensive Vibrava with Ice Punch.

Once we decided on Murkrow+Muk, we set our eyes on Lumineon at first - Defog was important to keep Murkrow alive through LO and BB recoil, and so we settled on that, until at the very end we realized Probopass may be better without being burdened by SR, and instead used Prinplup + Magnet Rise Probopass for a bit of role compression. Stealth Rock on Prinplup allows for Probopass to use its other utility moves, basically. Power Gem Probopass with an Electric immunity in Zebstrika or Raichu made Rotom-F more palatable, while 252 Spe Timid Probopass with Taunt and Magnet Rise both keeps Adamant 252 Spe Golem from getting up SR and checks it with Earth Power so that Prinplup wouldn't be so pressured to get off a Defog. Using Prinplup mainly for SR rather than Defog lets you keep up the offensive pressure, which is so important when using a glass cannon like Murkrow.

While we had multiple avenues for checking and luring Golem (CB Ice Punch from Muk / HP Grass from Murkrow / fast Magnet Rise Probopass with Taunt to prevent SR for Murkrow), we didn't actually have a switch-in for that. Given our need for a Scarf user and something to take Golem's EQs, we added Leafeon. Leafeon is nice here, as Baton Pass can lure in Steel-types, Vullaby, and other Muk, which Probopass beats fairly easily. Using Scarf Leafeon allowed for the change from Zebstrika to NP Raichu given we gained a Floatzel check, which thus produced one of the team's main wincons.

There were some problematic pokemon pointed out - Grumpig for example can Psychic or Focus Blast on most of the team, while being able to predict Murkrow with Thunder Wave at the same time. Bulky Altaria, too, can setup if you play incorrectly with Probopass, and even pressures it so you no longer have an answer to Rotom-F or a way to stop Golem's SR. But, STAB Naughty LO Sucker Punch, CB Shadow Sneak, a faster Knock Off, and an Electric immunity all help account for Grumpig, while Raichu can pressure Altaria when you predict it coming in, as a few examples.

Overall, there may not be a whole lot of counterplay to slow setup users (Taunt Probopass is it), and if Curse Muk sets up while Probopass is gone, it's pretty hard to come back from that. Switching into Monferno can be a real pain, too. So, this team is still in its infancy, but it was solid enough to post even though such a small amount of time was spent on making it.

E: Noticed problem against slow setup users, and so I tried NP / HP Ice / Thunderbolt / Encore Raichu. Worked decently, but there is still the issue of being able to switch into Monferno successfully.
Machoker vs HoennZach with the team - Machoker with Raichu version, Zach with Zeb version http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-449116290
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-449116290
Encore Raichu being nice: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-449224250

Last edited:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey this is a little bit of a deadpost but I would just like to update you guys on the status of this project.

Of course, like my other thread, this will be taking a break for the first month or two of SuMo (it kind of already did because of my poor lack of reminders to staff to host them). However, once speculative SuMo PU comes out in about January, myself and a few others, with a new "council" system I will implement, will begin hosting these again. The goal will be to make them more concise so they don't take so long as well as more structured. I hope to see you then, thanks for the support guys :]

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Hey this is a little bit of a deadpost but I would just like to update you guys on the status of this project.

Of course, like my other thread, this will be taking a break for the first month or two of SuMo (it kind of already did because of my poor lack of reminders to staff to host them). However, once speculative SuMo PU comes out in about January, myself and a few others, with a new "council" system I will implement, will begin hosting these again. The goal will be to make them more concise so they don't take so long as well as more structured. I hope to see you then, thanks for the support guys :]
Bro I don't mean to necromance but Pancake my man let's do this again with Old Gens and perhaps Spec if that is still a thing. Just a proposal if you too busy with whatever pancakes do I get it.

Last edited:

BP

Beers and Steers
So me and some of the PU Squad got together ( Chrisloud1 Boyeraj17 UBERSkitty GeneralAnnoyance PokemonmasterTj ) and started a little building for Generation 4 PU created by Akir. We decided to build around Swords Dance Zangoose and for the most part the hour and a half long process went pretty well.

Heres what we came up with:

Metang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Zangoose @ Life Orb
Ability: Immunity
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 8 SpA / 140 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Recover

Bellossom @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Rapidash @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Golduck @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cloud Nine
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Surf

BP

Beers and Steers
So today my IRL friend got on and we built a team together (YAY!!). I also helped out this other dude named thejazzmonkey. Boyeraj17, Blue YM, and PokemonmasterTj helped us out as well.

ORAS Stoutland + Leafeon Offense Core

So this team was built around an Offensive core of Stoutland and Leafeon. A nice beginner core I found at the good cores thread. First off we started with Stoutland and Leafeon. We decided it would best to use Choice Band and Choice Scarf for our core to further enhance them offensively. There was discussion about LO Leafeon running a Synthesis set but we decided against it because Leafeon appreciates a Choice Scarf much more then it likes reliable recovery on an offensively based team. Next we jumped right in and went for hazards. Custap Berry Golem was the most logical choice here as it can Sucker Punch opposing Pokemon and break through difficult walls with Earthquake and Stone Edge. Next we went with good ol' Rotom-Frost. My immediate thought was Scarf Frostom as that is its most often used set. The Kiddo's we were helping me out reminded me that we already had 2 other Choice users on our team and a 3rd would be most unnecessary. We decided on Sub+Wisp because then we can successfully pressure and possibly cripple opposing physical Pokemon. Approaching our 5th Pokemon we knew we needed some sort of Hazard control. Lumineon was our best bet as it provides the team with yummy momentum in order to keep Pokemon coming in. Lastly I made the executive decision and chose Grumpig as it has access to the ability Thick Fat and can act as a very nice Win-con during late game. Enjoy!

Old Man Doggo (Stoutland) (M) @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Return
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Mother Earth (Leafeon) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Baton Pass

ROCK AND ROLL (Golem) @ Custap Berry
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Rotom-Frost @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard

Sea Butterfly (Lumineon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic

Semi-Truck Driver (Grumpig) (M) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)