Project PS PU Room Teambuilding Workshops ~~ Held on Thursdays at 3pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
mesprit.jpg

artwork by Aaronboyer
Idea stolen from pancake , who stole it from NU, who stole it from Doubles, OP Largely Stolen from Orphic , Approved by Akir Taskr and Megazard

Welcome to PU Teambuilding Workshops!

What is this?
A community teambuilding event we sporadically hold in groupchats, which will be advertised in the PU Room on Pokemon Showdown. The intent is to get a bunch of users involved in an event where we can work together to build a cool team together. Hopefully, new players will come hang out with us to see how we teambuild, what we usually prepare for when making a team. Most importantly, the project aims to create a load of fun, creative and solid teams. In this thread, you may post suggestions for Pokemon you would like us to build around and let us know if you are wanting to host with a time and a date.

How will this work?
I want to make this as simple as possible. Obviously when building a team, we need an idea. Whoever is hosting the workshop is in control of what the group will be building with, but if they don't already have an idea, it's up to everyone to pitch in and submit ideas. The host is in charge of guiding discussion and the direction the team will be headed. Once a draft of the team is constructed, it's common for the players to find games to test out the team to see if there are any obvious issues that need to be addressed. Following this, the team will be posted here for the community to access.

Where will this happen?
This will happen in the PS PU Room. They'll create a group chat where the building will take place and advertise it in the public chat so anyone can join in. One member of the PU roomauth or me will be the workshop's main host, and they will be working with one or more cohosts. However, everyone can help pitch in ideas for the team; the hosts can not think of everything themselves.

How often will these workshops happen?
We will always have weekly teambuilding sessions held on Thursdays at 3pm EST hosted by me. PU roomauth can also contact me by PM or post in this thread at least one week in advance if they are wanting to host one themselves.

What if I'm PU Room Auth and I want to host one?
Just announce in the PU room on PS! that you are hosting one, make a groupchat and start! Please don't begin advertising when a room tournament is about to begin or finish. After the workshop, test the team and then post with a description, workshop logs, a replay, and shoutouts.

Post Pokemon Suggestions!
Although the hosts can decide what they would like to work with, feel free to post Pokemon that you would like to see used in one of our teambuilding workshops. Try to keep your suggestions reasonable. Some Pokemon are just incredibly hard to build around.

Anything Else I Should Know?
The time and day of the weekly Teambuilding Workshop hosted by me is subject to change depending on when my college classes are for Spring. I'll let you guys know as soon as possible if that's gonna change.

Current Teams:
Alolan Raticate and Friends
A Bug, a Mouse, and a Squirrel
Bitches Love Z-Zap Cannons, Tone (2018)
You Can Dance If You Want To & No Togedemarus

Current Suggestions (Haven't Been Built Around Yet!):
We don't have any yet!

Outdated Teams:
We don't have any yet!​

Last edited:

Aaronboyer

Week of November 15th, 2018
Alolan Raticate and Friends

raticate-alola.pngqwilfish.pngmesprit.pnghitmonchan.pngtogedemaru.pngoricorio-sensu.png
Team Importable
Teambuilding Logs

Next Week's Teambuilding Session just so happens to land on Thanksgiving. Therefore we are going to try to move it to either Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday at the same time of 3pm EST. We'll keep you updated what specific date it will be moved to closer to the beginning of next week.

Last edited:

Aaronboyer

This week’s PU Teambuilding Session will be on Tuesday, November 20th at 3pm EST due to Thanksgiving be on Thursday. Hope to see you all there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)