Political Compass

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Most of you have probably heard of this "test" and/or taken it before. Basically it claims to place you on a grid from economic left to right and social libertarian to authoritarian by asking you a set of questions.

A few of us were playing around with this yesterday and jumpluff decided to plot us all together on one graph for fun, and that got me thinking about what the results would look like if we got data from lots of people on Smogon and plotted them all. It seems like this would be pretty cool to see where different people land and where the distribution leans.

The primary point of the thread isn't to discuss political orientations, but if anyone has any points they want to make about the accuracy of the test or comments on specific questions, those are welcome too! I'll probably make an Excel sheet and periodically update the OP with a new graph if this turns out to be popular.

:toast:

Updated 1/2

I'm pretty much as far left as it gets:
economic=-7.25
social=-7.79

Yup. Then again, that was pretty much to be expected. lol

well, I may as well post the results I got yesterday, though they're plotted on the graph:

Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

nice 0.00, stellar!

Economic Left/Right: 1.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.31

I can't get the image to work, and am too lazy to try to do so.

Also, I'll accept all flames, straw-mans, and personal attacks.
Fascist!

Eagerly anticipating a Deck Knight post, probably full out raged at general results and Lanturn314 results.

Economic Left/Right: -5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.18

I really thought I'd be more on the Right with this. I blame education and the media....

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36

Same as like, everyone? The only reason I didn't get as left as Lanturn is probably because I support corporal punishment (srsly spanking a kid in serious situations makes them listen. I can count on one hand the amount of times i was spanked/slapped but thats because they worked the first time) and the death penalty (lol people bitching about using pentobarbital being inhumane on a man who was serving three life sentences for murder, robbery, and use of a gun with intent to kill and THEN strangled his cellmate while serving time).

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Holy shit this scared me. When I first got to the results page and it had the graph with the arrows, they crossed on the Authoritarian side and I couldn't imagine why.

Economic Left/Right: -2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82

About what I expected.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus

Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.74

Does that make me an extremist, or just very firm in my political beliefs?

I really don't like some of the questions on there because they seem either very irrelevant or very loaded such as:

If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations.

What's good for the most successful corporations is always, ultimately, good for all of us.

Abstract art that doesn't represent anything shouldn't be considered art at all.

Astrology accurately explains many things.

Anyway, I would be way different from the majority here:

(8.50, -2.46)

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Economic Left/Right: 2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.18

Well look at that.

I rarely used the strongly agree/disagree except for cases I felt strongly about. Which were few.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)