Policy Review Policy Review - Movepool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to close this PR thread, but I think Hyra raises a very good point, and it hasn't been solved yet.

I suggest the Topic Leader makes a "Base TM Movepool" that lists all the TM's that are common amongst most of the chosen submitters. The submitters could then tailor their Submission posts, to show only the TM's they wish to add or remove. This would go a long way to reducing the size of movepool submissions.

Any other suggestions that can make movepool submissions more efficient -- I'm interested to hear them.
I think it would be a good idea to only have one TM list in the OP for which people then list Additions and Deletions which make their movepools unique. This will cut down the size of the movepool submissions alot.

RB Golbat I think what you're proposing would mean eliminating the Level Up and Egg Moves lists also? I think this is a bad idea mainly for the reasons tennis stated -
I completely agree with this. Movepools are quite confusing, and missing one move can make/break a movepool. However, the flavor moves are necessary for the movepool, if only for "flavor". This is a competitive project, but we still need some "lure" for the average user besides art. This is why flavor moves should be separate, but I digress.
I proposed the idea of listing notable moves in bold at the top of each movepool. This would still work if the TM lists were removed from each movepool and would retain the flavour aspect in the Level Up and Egg Moves lists while making it easy for voters to see the differences between movepools.

Each movepool would be submitted like this:

Movepool explanation and justification paragraph.

List of notable Level Up Moves and Egg Moves
Bold
Bold
Bold

Changes to the TM list:
Additions:
Bold
Deletions:
Bold
Bold

Full Level Up and Egg Moves lists, conforming to X-Act's guide

As you can see, it would be easy to flick through these watching out for the moves you want in the movepool and the ones you want removed from the TM list.
I think this style of movepool submission would fit well with the method by which most people decide the movepool for them. They have a mental checklist of moves they want, and scan down the movepool to spot those moves.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I like that idea a lot, it would make it a ton easier to see what each movepool has/doesn't have.

Jagged, i did not mean what you thought i meant. I meant exactly what you posted.

Yes, each person would submit a list, but the TL would edit the lists to show which move set them apart in each section, bolding only the competitive moves.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Conclusion:

The proposal in the OP will be implemented with some wording changes noted in this thread.

The list of Competitive moves will be added as a reference in the Process Guide sticky.

A "Base TM List" will be used for shortening Movepool Submissions. The formatting for submissions proposed by jagged angel will be added to the Movepool submission portion of the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)