SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also UB-Sticky, UB-Lay, UB-Burst. Not sure if Mewtwo and other legendaries also count, even though they're only accessible via Ultra Hall and therefore aren't technically part of Alola.

Don't know if anyone's been "keeping track", per se, but by my count we know of 27 species that have been added to the Alola Dex (based on the assumptions that everything we've been shown in the wild will be in the new Dex, and that nothing has been removed since SM):
Mime Jr., Mr. Mime
Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos
Heracross
Mantyke, Mantine
Houndour, Houndoom
Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar
Electrike, Manectric
Tropius
Zorua, Zoroark
Mienfoo, Mienshao
Larvesta, Volcarona
Furfrou
Inkay, Malamar
Hawlucha
Dedenne
With a minimum of 101 new Pokémon to be added (since Marshadow is #301 in the SM Dex and #402 in the USUM one), this suggests that there are still about 75 or so new entries in the Alola Dex that we don't know about.
You should definitely include the 3 UBs in that list, and Buneary / Lopunny.

I did assume that all Megastones will be appearing in wild, so this should also include some more like Weedle/Kahuna/Beedrill.

On top of it... We know potentially all legendaryes will be catchable, this opens up to if they will also have alolan dex entries or not. Mewtwo most likely will.

I hope this is sarcasm.
It's irony, because I did not pretend to offend anyone with my comment.

If it's sarcasm, it isn't well done
As I stated before it isn't but, if it were, I can assure you it would be well done. English is not my mother language, so our appreciations of what is and what isn't irony may differ. But it is, by definition.

Wut
Dude, it's made pretty obvious that the villainous leaders do have main pokemon. Camerupt for Team Magma (wants the world to be purely land), Sharpedo for Aqua (wants world to be purely water), Pyroar for Team Flare (leader's colors and personality match), Golisopod with a badass edgy leader, and Hydregion for some ancient king (hydra, king, legends, DARK).

As the poster above me said, I sincerely hope this is a joke.
I haven't noticed.

The argument was never if Weavile was representing Cyrus, the argument was whether Weavile was the appropriate Pokemon to represent Cyrus.
I don't think Weavile being the main Pokémon of Cyrus is even debatable.

National Dex punishes/discourages new players too much.
I'm not sure if that's the reason. I'd say a more valid reason is that players no longer have to transfer Pokemon between games JUST for the Pokedex entry. Catch it once, then you can forget about it until the end of times.

Pretty much true, but the 2 things go toghether.

Remember, when a game has a certain objective (in this case, finish the pokedex) and you know you would not be able to finish it , it already discourages you from getting the game to start with.

The extra annoyance of needing to pass/rebreed all the time to keep finishing the dex is just another extra annoyance removed.

I know some people think it's silly but I actually love reading dex entries. It made the Pokemon feel more than just catchable creatures. Not to mention I lwas looking forward to reading dex entries for the other Megas.

And I don't know if the National Dex discourages newer players as it was a thing up to 6th gen right? Why would it now discourage newer players when it was already be pretty difficult to get all the Pokemon to begin with?

I really hope Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings Necrozma have 780 BST. That would be awesome. Looking forward to see how well Dusk Mane does as a Xerneas check. Not sure how good Dawn Wings would be without Shadow Shield though.

I know some people think it's silly but I actually love reading dex entries. It made the Pokemon feel more than just catchable creatures. Not to mention I lwas looking forward to reading dex entries for the other Megas.

And I don't know if the National Dex discourages newer players as it was a thing up to 6th gen right? Why would it now discourage newer players when it was already be pretty difficult to get all the Pokemon to begin with?
Because the Pokemon number keeps increasing, We're already at 800, and there's no reason to not think there'll be another 100 next gen. The numbers start to stack up pretty hard, expecially if you start factoring in mythicals.

I do agree though that I wish Pokebank would have dex entries. I do love the Alolan ones.

As for good news, consider that my prediction of "all megas being available" is slowly being proved, so you can expect USUM dex to indeed have an entry for every mega :)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Oh, I like the Pokedex descriptions too, and I'm so glad they decided to make new ones (for the Pokemon in the regional dex)! Actually, this could be one reason why the National Dex isn't returning, I don't think GF wants to make entries for all 800+ Pokemon (plus their alternate forms plus any Mega Evolutions). I hope they decide to keep doing this for future games.

Now the question is what do they plan to do in USUM for the returning Pokemon from SM? Now, I personally think that they should make new descriptions for all the Gen VII Pokemon (it is their generation), obviously the Pokemon being added to the regional dex (as well as their forms and Mega Evos), and maybe a select few others who past dex entries which weren't that varied. Also would be nice if Pokemon you got via Island Scan got a dex entry, I mean they are catchable in the game. And just for fun give the Shiny their own dex descriptions about how Pokemon collectors view it. Finally, for the mons who don't get new dex descriptions, I say in that case swap the descriptions around. Put the descriptions in Moon into Ultra Sun and the ones in Sun into Ultra Moon.

As for the National Dex discouraging newer players, I don't think so since you had to unlock it in past games which you did via the post game. The main game's focus was purely on the Regional Dex and they always treated the National Dex as an bonus achievement (which is why it was the one which rewarded the Shiny Charm and the Regional Dex awarded the Oval Charm; Oval Charm is much more useful to players who go on to raise competitive Pokemon as they can hatch Eggs faster while there's no additional benefit to a Pokemon being Shiny and you only slightly increase your chance of getting one with the Shiny Charm).

I really hope Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings Necrozma have 780 BST. That would be awesome. Looking forward to see how well Dusk Mane does as a Xerneas check. Not sure how good Dawn Wings would be without Shadow Shield though.
780? They're no Megas, they're just alternate forms. 680 at least, 700 at most.

As for good news, consider that my prediction of "all megas being available" is slowly being proved, so you can expect USUM dex to indeed have an entry for every mega :)
I can't wait to find out how all the other Mega Pokemon are harmful to them or others around them because you should really be using those Z-Moves, guys. It's much safer to pump your Pokemon with Ultra Energy than unleashing the latent energy inside of them!

Oh, I like the Pokedex descriptions too, and I'm so glad they decided to make new ones (for the Pokemon in the regional dex)! Actually, this could be one reason why the National Dex isn't returning, I don't think GF wants to make entries for all 800+ Pokemon (plus their alternate forms plus any Mega Evolutions). I hope they decide to keep doing this for future games.

Now the question is what do they plan to do in USUM for the returning Pokemon from SM? Now, I personally think that they should make new descriptions for all the Gen VII Pokemon (it is their generation), obviously the Pokemon being added to the regional dex (as well as their forms and Mega Evos), and maybe a select few others who past dex entries which weren't that varied. Also would be nice if Pokemon you got via Island Scan got a dex entry, I mean they are catchable in the game. And just for fun give the Shiny their own dex descriptions about how Pokemon collectors view it. Finally, for the mons who don't get new dex descriptions, I say in that case swap the descriptions around. Put the descriptions in Moon into Ultra Sun and the ones in Sun into Ultra Moon.

As for the National Dex discouraging newer players, I don't think so since you had to unlock it in past games which you did via the post game. The main game's focus was purely on the Regional Dex and they always treated the National Dex as an bonus achievement (which is why it was the one which rewarded the Shiny Charm and the Regional Dex awarded the Oval Charm; Oval Charm is much more useful to players who go on to raise competitive Pokemon as they can hatch Eggs faster while there's no additional benefit to a Pokemon being Shiny and you only slightly increase your chance of getting one with the Shiny Charm).

780? They're no Megas, they're just alternate forms. 680 at least, 700 at most.

I can't wait to find out how all the other Mega Pokemon are harmful to them or others around them because you should really be using those Z-Moves, guys. It's much safer to pump your Pokemon with Ultra Energy than unleashing the latent energy inside of them!
Reshiram --> 680 BST
Zekrom --> 680 BST

Reshiram/Zekrom fused with Kyurem --> 700

There's 0 reason for them to retain the 680 BST, when they obviously are stronger.

I wonder what else they could add to the dex as well. GF is filling these games out nicely. I wonder what else they have in store. MegaHoundoom dex entry could be pretty freaky given Houndoom's description already.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Reshiram --> 680 BST
Zekrom --> 680 BST

Reshiram/Zekrom fused with Kyurem --> 700

There's 0 reason for them to retain the 680 BST, when they obviously are stronger.
I mean the obvious counterpoint is that Kyurem has 660 BST, while Necrozma has 600. For Kyurem, going to 700 BST was a not unreasonable +40 BST, while Necrozma would be a +100 BST jump.

They're Kyurem and Necrozma formes after all, not Reshiram/Zekrom or Solgaleo/Lunala formes.

I mean the obvious counterpoint is that Kyurem has 660 BST, while Necrozma has 600. For Kyurem, going to 700 BST was a not unreasonable +40 BST, while Necrozma would be a +100 BST jump.

They're Kyurem and Necrozma formes after all, not Reshiram/Zekrom or Solgaleo/Lunala formes.
Yeah, but why would you bother combining Solgaleo into something that isn’t better than Solgaleo?

We know it is not.
GF stated multiple times it will not return as it's now in the PokeBank, and for valid reasons.
National Dex punishes/discourages new players too much.
In that case, since it would be super weird to have a catchable Pokemon that doesn’t have any ingame Pokedex entry at all, it’s reasonable to infer that any legendaries we get in these games will be in the regional dex — and, by extension, that we’ll get very few that didn’t exist in SM, unless they account for the bulk of the new dex.

Which I guess means that Diancie is the most likely candidate for demythicalising this gen.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Though I initially decided not to do it, since we're all wondering:

Venusaur: Because the plant on its back grew bigger and heavier its having back and leg pains.
Charizard X: Losing its Flying-typing, it has become clumsy in the air. Many of newly Mega Evolved MCXs have crashed and died.
Charizard Y: It's mastery of flight has made it oblivious that it's burning the land below it with its sun strengthening power.
Blastoise: It's bigger shell cannon and cannon on its arms has accidentally knocking things over and unable to reach down to grab something.
Mewtwo X: Strengthening its muscles with its psychic powers, even the slightest finger twitch can destroy a truck. It can never touch anything or be touched.
Mewtwo Y: It is able to hear the thoughts of everything in a mile radius. It's excruciating.
Ampharos: It's wool creates so much static electricity that if someone touches anything metallic with it nearby will get electrocuted.
Heracross: It's obsessed with fitting anything it can into its horns and tossing it. It has caused millions in property damage.
Houndoom: If even slightly singed by its flames, the burn will keep spreading until the victim is a charred husk.
Tyranitar: It must be careful with its steps as it can cause earthquakes with each one.
Blaziken: With it focusing on its kicking, its arms have gone flaccid and began to cook from its flames.
Gardevoir: It's now constantly emitting a black hole-like pull drawing whoever near to it. Many Gardevoir fans don't mind.
Mawile: It has to be aware where its two horns are at all ties as they'll devour anything close to them and possibly give it food poisoning.
Aggron: It must be careful where it steps, if it walks on weak floors it's weight will cause it to fall through.
Medicham: While in deep meditation to control its spirit arms it forgets to breath. Even when it passes out it may not start breathing again.
Manectric: Its constantly giving off electromagnetic pulses, frying electrical equipment and making those nearby feel nauseous.
Banette: When it unzips any of its zippers, screams of children can be heard. Every scream is a curse, one for each child it has encountered.
Abomasnow: The ice spikes on its back freezes plants on its body, causing it pain. It creates powerful blizzards from the ice spikes to ease the pain, but it only makes the ice spikes grow more.
Beedrill: It becomes relentlessly vicious, stinging anyone and everything as if its constantly protecting its hive from intruders.
Pidgeot: Every flaps of its wings create a powerful gust toward to the ground, uplifting itself anything it hits. To land it has to essentially crash into the ground.
Steelix: It creates a magnetic field drawing all ore to it when it digs. If it attracts too much ore it can get stuck in its own tunnel and be unable to move.
Sceptile: Though it tries to protect the forest it more often ends cutting more trees down than it does prevent being cut.
Swampert: Its bulkier muscles may let it swim faster, but also makes it more buoyant so it has difficulty diving and battling in water.
Camerupt: It has a short temper and is constantly erupting in anger. It has problems making friends.
Altaria: Its pure voice draws all those who hear it. When near they fall asleep and use its cloud-like feathers as pillows. Unable to fly, it tries waking the sleeping up with a yell but it's purity causes them to go into a deeper sleep.
Latias: It gains Latios ability to show others its mental images. Many have gotten trapped or injured by illusions created by newly Mega Evolved Latias.
Latios: It gains Latias ability to bend light. Many have become blinded by a newly Mega Evolved Latias.
Primal Groudon: It absorbs the planet's energy to strengthen the suns rays. It will end the world by drying the oceans and leaving the planet desolate.
Primal Kyogre: It absorbs the planet's energy to create heavy rain storms. It will bring a new beginning by drowning the planet as it once was in primordial times.
Rayquaza: To maintain its Mega Evolution it must eat meteoroids in the stratosphere. Doing so tends to knock down meteoroids it missed, bombarding wherever and whoever is underneath.
Lopunny: Its leg muscles have swelled that the thicker black fur covering its lower body has ripped to reveal the softer brown fur underneath. Many Lopunny fans compare the amount of size of these rips, closely.
Gallade: It tries acting in a chivalrous manner, but it comes off as pompous. This offends it and challenges those it's offended by to a duel, making it come off as a bully.
Audino: Its empathetic powers has it able to feel the pain of those hurt so it can track them. If too many are injured it passes out from the intense pain.
Diancie: When fussy it can trap anyone that displeases it by creating a diamond around them. It's impossible to break through without Diancie creating a harder diamond to use. If often refuses to.

Necrozma Fused BST: I'm sure it'll be 700 but this is GF we're talking about here. Heck, maybe it'll be 690 since for some reason GF gave the Island Guardians and the Ultra Beasts all 570 instead of 580 like other "lesser" Legendaries from past gens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)