SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In before Solgaleo/Lunala and Necrozma have to be traded with eachother to exchange the armor...

I was not hyped before. I still am not hyped one bit. Generation VII has been a big failure as far as I'm concerned. With each piece of information that gets released about USUM, I feel more and more that Sun and Moon were deliberately unfinished games.
Not to try and trigger you but so you don't like tv series that link one episode to another? If their intention was always to stay in alola I'd want to make a bold move and try and create a larger arc... just my opinion tho

I couldn't notice the dragon boy to be older. BTW, there's a colorful building where there was a building site, so I think we can safely call it a sequel.

I'll make a silly hypothesis and say that Necrozma could actually be incorporeal (as in, that it is actually that light) and that what we thought was its body is some kind of armor.
Five minutes after walking away from the computer I considered this, totally agreed, and I like the idea of Viridi 's or some variation upon that, even if it isn't this i'd want to properly theorymon this xD

Sun and Moon kind of failed to capture my enthusiasm for the game so I'm not sure what the meta is now, but Komm-o's Z move looks like a major buff.

It seems Ryuki is in Vermillion's Gym, or at least, in an identical room. One thing i've though, and yes, this is pure especulation, is the return of the Pokéwood or something similar. Seeing as Ryuki, apparently, is now a thing in the story and describes himself as a super star.

LOVING Kommo-o's Z-Move. Compensates that fake Shell Smash set that snuck into Battle Tree. Also, the animation is really cool.

Something tells me Kommo-o is going to be a thing in VGC. Or, at least, Fairy spam, because it looks like the kind of move that will not boost if it doesn't deal damage. As a reference, with 244 Speed EVs, Modest Kommo-o will outspeed the entire unboosted VGC meta at +1.

Last edited:

Kommo-O gets a Damaging Z-Celebrate

Be scared

edit: hecking sniped
After doing some rough calcs, can confirm that it does increase in power (assuming no stat boosts and kommo-o is level 50) the base power must be 120 at the very least.
252+ SpA Kommo-o Clanging Scales vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 162-192 (88.5 - 104.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
Judging by the trends of other exclusive z-moves, it'll probably hover around 170-190 in power. Z Clanging Scales is 185 in power, so it may be less.

Do I think it'll get out of RU? Probably. It's A- in RU atm and it's getting a new z-move white combines Z Celebrate with a regular z-move. I'm not super good at competitive, but I think it'll land in UU, maybe BL. In VGC, it might become a monster or a gimmick. Or both.

There are two things that worry me a bit about Clamorous Soulblaze.

1) It's not an alliteration.
2) We don't know if it will still be lacking in Fighting-type coverage. Come on, give it Aura Sphere... so many things learn the move even though they shouldn't...
Aura Sphere won't hit anywhere near as hard as Focus Blast at +1 given Kommo-o's messily base 100 SpA, especially against something like Magearna or Mega Mawile, but it would be a nice addition to its sparse movepool regardless.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Oh wow. Almost ten weeks of silence, and then we get three videos in one day. It's a start, at least.

Of the three, I consider the first half of the first one more interesting. It shows that Alola has got some changes to some areas. Most have been mentioned already, but in addition, it looks like it is now possible to surf a little along Poni Breaker Coast, outside of the Ruins of Hope. There also seems to be some rocks or something in the sea between Ula'ula Island and Aether Paradise.

As for the second trailer, for Kommo-O, it seems like they really want to push the "shiny new toy" effect onto Kommo-O. A move that boosts all stats and is strong enough to OHKO fellow pseudo-legendaries. They might as well have put subtitles in: "Kommo-O is the best now, folks! Forget about Salamence and Garchomp, look how weak they are! Kommo-O is the new best thing! It can knock out two opponents and make itself stronger afterwards!". I haven't seen such a blatant example of this since Jurassic Park 3. Or the two Mega Charizard, I guess, only that was a case of a fan-favourite being granted a lot of power so it would be popular again. This time, they hope to create fans of their Shiny New Pseudo-Legendary by granting power first.

Worst of all, if this works as intended, and Kommo-O becomes an unstoppable beast because of it: How are they going to prevent Kommo-O and Clamorous Soulblaze from sweeping VGC year after year? The obvious answer seems to be the most cynical one: In Gen 8, Z-moves will be banned, just as conveniently as Mega Stones were banned in Gen VII, so a new Shiny New Toy can enter the stage.

And lastly, the Game Informer video. I take it that this feature won't exactly take Smogon by storm. It is probably no coincidence that all the trainers seen in that video (with one exception?) were girl characters. However, I think it is interesting how much this feature focuses on the 3D models and their animations. Fitting accessories onto the models (which presumably move as the models do), freezing them mid-animation to show all the poses... this is clearly Game Freak getting some good mileage out of all the time and money it must have taken to create models and animations for all Pokémon last generation. It must have been expensive to create that package, but the possibilities it opens up for seem vast. Related to this, the animation for Kommo-O's Z-move is pretty darn impressive too.

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Ok, Kommo-O new Z-Move made me think something, Will we have more offensive Z-Move with secondary effects? For now only Genesis Supernova and Clangorous Soulblaze fall in this category, this could be interesting and add -even another- layer of depth to Z-Moves concept

Not waiting too mucho about ingame, but I'm pretty sure this will have a very interesting effect in metagame

Aura Sphere won't hit anywhere near as hard as Focus Blast at +1 given Kommo-o's messily base 100 SpA, especially against something like Magearna or Mega Mawile, but it would be a nice addition to its sparse movepool regardless.
Not that Kommo-o has any reason to stay on the Pokemon you mentioned.

Focus Blast is fine when you need the gamble to beat something that can KO you otherwise, but not when it's your only special Fighting STAB move IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)