SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion MK2 **Official Media Only**

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
So that video officially confirms:
-Drain Punch Incineroar
-Icy Wind Tapu Fini
-Heat Wave as a tutor period
-Drill Run Golisopod
-I think that's Stomping Tantrum Celesteela?
-I really can't discern the Dhelmise attack, I think it's iron head but I'm likely wrong
-Thunder Punch Koko
-I can't tell for wole or nihi
-Some light attack for Minior

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Ultra Burst Necrozma:
I'm torn being both sad and glad they revealed this. On one hand I'm sad as it would have been a neat surprise, you thought Necrozma's only new form was the Dusk Mane/Dawn Wing but surprise! Necrozma reveals it's true form via something similar to Mega Evolution (GF are such hypocrites at times...)! Though I am glad... because I was spoiled on yes. Some may remember I warned you that, if you want to see the stats for Necrozma's new forms, don't as there was spoilers. This was it. So I'm glad that now I know going into the game I would have known about this. Maybe I would be a bit more excited about this trailer, but still who knows (if you don't know story spoilers) how this will manifest in the story (though if I had to guess that moment in the Ultra Recon Squad's city where we approach Necrozma on the platform it's being analyzed on and suddenly the area is bathed in light with light orbs rising out of it probably a good moment for it).

I'm not that surprised, I doubt noone would remember or care but some months ago I pointed out that by putting the covers background together they made a silouette with light.
No, people remembered (at least I did as I have the USUM site's background as my computer's background so it's always staring at me), though maybe not specifically who pointed it out first.

BP & Tutors:
Huh, so you can get BP from the Mantine Surf mini-game (in the form of Beach Points)? Neat!

Drain Punch on Incineroar I guess is alright.
Does anyone really teach Icy Wind to any of their Pokemon? Not being mean, because on paper it sounds useful (especially for Doubles) but I've just never seen it.
Heat Wave has been a Tutor since Gen IV, Aldertz.
Golisopod doesn't learn Earthquake so Drill Run is a nice addition to handle Rock and Electric-types.
Thunder Punch on Tapu Koko, it's a miracle! Now we just need Play Rough...

So, the top Mantine Surfer is "Big G" and Golisopod can lean Drill Run from tutors, hmm...

Icy Wind is a staple on Froslass. Very useful move in the in-game battle facilities as well, it's saved me many times.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Well I was just saying that it would also be in this game. They could have very easily dropped it.

And yeah, Icy Wind is good for competitive. In-game, I guess it has use in the Battle Tree but I haven't touched that so idk.

Also do note that they won't like reveal (insert spoilers here) so they are keeping part of it a surprise I guess.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well I think the only thing left for them to do is to the remaining 10 words which would probably be done on release day.

Also, though the trailer didn't show us anything new to Gen VII they did reconfirm some things for USUM (if you didn't already know from spoilers). Team Skull and Gladion are shown looking to reprise the roles they had in SM, which is something we didn't know up until now. Only Team Skull news we've seen was Guzma (and I don't think we saw much of anything concerning Gladion).

Ultra Burst Necrozma:
I'm torn being both sad and glad they revealed this. On one hand I'm sad as it would have been a neat surprise, you thought Necrozma's only new form was the Dusk Mane/Dawn Wing but surprise! Necrozma reveals it's true form via something similar to Mega Evolution (GF are such hypocrites at times...)! Though I am glad... because I was spoiled on yes. Some may remember I warned you that, if you want to see the stats for Necrozma's new forms, don't as there was spoilers. This was it. So I'm glad that now I know going into the game I would have known about this. Maybe I would be a bit more excited about this trailer, but still who knows (if you don't know story spoilers) how this will manifest in the story (though if I had to guess that moment in the Ultra Recon Squad's city where we approach Necrozma on the platform it's being analyzed on and suddenly the area is bathed in light with light orbs rising out of it probably a good moment for it).

No, people remembered (at least I did as I have the USUM site's background as my computer's background so it's always staring at me), though maybe not specifically who pointed it out first.

BP & Tutors:
Huh, so you can get BP from the Mantine Surf mini-game (in the form of Beach Points)? Neat!

Drain Punch on Incineroar I guess is alright.
Does anyone really teach Icy Wind to any of their Pokemon? Not being mean, because on paper it sounds useful (especially for Doubles) but I've just never seen it.
Golisopod doesn't learn Earthquake so Drill Run is a nice addition to handle Rock and Electric-types.
Thunder Punch on Tapu Koko, it's a miracle! Now we just need Play Rough...

So, the top Mantine Surfer is "Big G" and Golisopod can lean Drill Run from tutors, hmm...
Yeah, as said above, Icy Wind just made me put Fini over Vikavolt in my planned VGC18 first team because Vikavolt was there as main form of speed control. A speed decreasing move that's not hindered by Taunt is awesome.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I can't believe they felt compelled to tell us the games have Move Tutors. It's like they knew they didn't have enough material for a trailer and just threw in some worthless "no shit" information to pad the video's runtime.

Speaking of, couldn't they have just withheld the Necrozma reveal? I know the game's been datamined and the new forme's existence already has a decent amount of foreshadowing, but it'd be nice to leave some surprises for the people not checking out leaks.

The English trailers nearly always have much less stuff and less excitement than the original Japanese trailers, unfortunately. Don't understand why TPCi would intentionally set it up that way, but get used to watching the Japanese trailers if you want to actually get hyped.

Note that the Japanese trailer is longer than the English trailer and it doesn't even need to mention move tutors to pad its length (those got covered on the Japanese website instead of the trailer).

For people checking out leaks, can anyone kindly say (just a yes-or-no answer) if there's anything not revealed yet that would make a player go "holy shit" the way Ultra Necrozma would've (had it not just been revealed)?

For people checking out leaks, can anyone kindly say (just a yes-or-no answer) if there's anything not revealed yet that would make a player go "holy shit" the way Ultra Necrozma would've (had it not just been revealed)?
Just to back up the other guy, yes. Without a doubt.

Oh yes. And you haven't really seen Ultra Necrozma either, you WILL go "holy shit".
Just to back up the other guy, yes. Without a doubt.
To back up even more, I haven't seen a single story spoiler, just the leaks, and I can say hell yeah. Can't help but wonder everything nice they added to Alola.

According to every review I've read/watched, this game is the Alolan masterpiece, per se. Everything in Alola looks polished. If you disliked the core aspects of SM, you'll dislike USUM. If you enjoyed SM, you'll love USUM.

Since SM became my favorite games, I'm ready to say USUM will top that, just based on the reviews.

Oh yes. And you haven't really seen Ultra Necrozma either, you WILL go "holy shit".
Huh, good to hear. There's more to Ultra Necrozma than just the artwork and transformation sequence shown? I would've guessed a relatively straightforward forme change mechanic such as "have Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings Necrozma hold some item (blocking off the Z-move slot as depicted) and use it in battle to get yay animation and yay golden Necrozma and yay high stats".

I cant help but think that GF featuring move tutors of all things in their trailer is their own way of admitting this game has not much else to offer ... I mean, that's a really lame thing to put in a trailer ...

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I cant help but think that GF featuring move tutors of all things in their trailer is their own way of admitting this game has not much else to offer ... I mean, that's a really lame thing to put in a trailer ...
Ngl I was most hyped for tutors

Read what I just posted: the English trailers are nearly always lamer than the original Japanese trailers. The Japanese trailer was longer than the English one and did not feature move tutors.

I don't get why people are saying that Move Tutors are underwhelming. Personally, I like that they're returning, and not only that, but they're also not just shoved at the end of the game like it was with ORAS at Battle Resort.

They're available throughout the game, perhaps as early as what I suspect is Heahea Beach (NOT Hano Beach). See the following explanation if you missed it a few pages back:
We know that there's a beach called カンタイビーチ (Kantai Beach) and Heahea City is カンタイシティ (Kantai City) in Japanese. Keyword 37 shows this:

カンタイビーチサーフスポット - Kantai Beach Surf Spot
1い ナミノリ 27,200ポイント - 1st place Surf 27,200 points

So we know that there's a beach with the same name as Heahea City in Japanese that is not Hano Beach (ハノハノビーチ), meaning unless they renamed Hano Beach, we can probably safely assume that this カンタイビーチ is at least very close to Heahea City. (Note: I did not look at any datamined information, this is purely my speculation).

So if the above is true and that this Heahea Beach is indeed close to Heahea City, and that we can Mantine Surf there, we can also gain Beach Points that can be exchanged for tutor moves as early as Heahea Beach. In addition, under the first picture of this page is the text
アローラ地方の各島のビーチなどで、覚えさせることができる!
At beaches and other places all over Alola, you can teach your Pokemon new moves!

So while some of you may think it's minor and lame that this is included in a trailer, I actually quite like that they're seemingly spreading out move tutors. Granted, earlier move tutors are probably not going to teach your Pokemon moves that are too powerful, and rightfully so.

Last edited:
OH MY ARCEUS, I THINK I GOT IT!

Sorry for being silly if anyone has already figured this out, but the reason why we can't properly see Necrozma's Burst forme is that it absorbs light and what makes us see things is the fact that light is reflected on them. Someone that only absorbs light is impossible to see. The fact we can see parts of it mean it has already absorbed some, so it starts reflecting some.

I ordered from the Pokemon Center Online which is supposed to have it delivered on the day of release, but I still haven't received an email about it being sent out (I'm in Hokkaido so it usually takes an extra day, though I had hoped they'd ship it out a day early in time for Friday). I knew I should've just done the download instead.

In any case, there might be a small chance the last 10 keywords will be released either at 2pm or 11pm today. I doubt they'd save it for release day. I'll keep an eye on it in case they do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)