Pokemon: The New First Gen (Submissions for new Pokemon Over, Except costumes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
note: if you're using Prankster Spinji as a suicide lead, you're giving up priority U-Turn as a possibility for your team. Hyquid is the superior websetting choice.

unless im missing something here's the best costume mons (that can make up for their lack of item)

- Superhero Raichu is a scary threat on Wind teams thanks to its Air Approach boosted Sky Attacks executing in one turn during Raging Winds.
Raichu @ Superhero Costume
Ability: Air Approach
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sky Attack
- Volt Tackle / Amp Slam
- Extreme Speed / Brick Break
- Aerial Ace / Brick Break

(aerial ace is in case Wind runs out while you're still attacking)​

- Tutti-Frutti Vanilluxe has Grassy Terrain to make its Grass moves hurt, and it has speed to execute them. It's no Bulu, but eh, what is?
Vanilluxe @ Mixed Biomass
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252
Timid Nature
- Sweet Strike / Sour Strike / Spicy Strike
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Power Gem

understandable, also long time no see
Oh yeah, costume mons get a Z-move in the type they give, so Costumes are no longer outclassed by megas or other items

ok so why is Talonflame-Harmo Ubers? Was it too powerful on Raging Winds teams or what?

Also, very importantly, why was Stunfisk-Harmo removed? It was accepted when I suggested it, nobody ever put it on the sheet though ;-;

oh and we should quickban Seedocyte from LC the moment it's released because its broken there.

finally, is the new spreadsheet a list of mons that is coded or is it just incomplete?

ok so why is Talonflame-Harmo Ubers? Was it too powerful on Raging Winds teams or what?

Also, very importantly, why was Stunfisk-Harmo removed? It was accepted when I suggested it, nobody ever put it on the sheet though ;-;

oh and we should quickban Seedocyte from LC the moment it's released because its broken there.

finally, is the new spreadsheet a list of mons that is coded or is it just incomplete?
Oops. I thought I put that in Ou.

The following was accepted but isn't on the sheet, so I'm quoting it. It's on page 26, so fairly long before submissions were closed.

Anyway, I'll put this forward:
Stunfisk-Harmo
Type 1: Ground
Type 2: Poison
Ability 1: Toxic Surge - Sets Toxic Terrain on switch-in
Ability 2: Poison Point
Hidden Ability: Intoxicate
119, 91, 84, 56, 99, 22,
Learnset by Level Up:
1 - Fissure
1 - Flail
1 - Tackle
1 - Pursuit
1 - Mud Slap
1 - Mud Sport
5 - Bide
9 - Poison Sting
13 - Mud Shot
17 - Poison Gas
21 - Bone Club
25 - Poison Jab
30 - Recover
35 - Bounce
40 - Knock Off
45 - Gunk Shot
50 - Revenge
55 - Flail
61 - Fissure

Learnset by TM:
Toxic
Hidden Power
Protect
Rain Dance
Frustration
Poison Jab
Sludge Bomb
Sludge Wave
Earthquake
Return
Double Team
Sandstorm
Rock Tomb
Facade
Rest
Attract
Round
Thief
Topsy-Turvy
Acid Rain
Toxic Terrain
Accelerock
Blade Slash
Payback
Stone Edge
Bulldoze
Rock Slide
Infestation
Swagger
Sleep Talk
Substitute
Dark Pulse
Confide
Coil

I don't know about breeding or tutors.

Take a Stunfisk. Replace its beak with an iron spike dipped in a purple liquid. Make the orange-brown areas of its body purple and cover it in black splodges. Replace the yellow areas with black. Change the flippers on the sides to look like blades, dipped in purple liquid. Make it 1.5x bigger. That's the design.
Stunfisks in the Harmo region were dying out as all the Pokemon they used to prey on found ways to avoid Stunfisk traps. Because of this, Stunfisk had to evolve in order to go and capture prey itself. From many holes on the bottom of its body, a foul, poisonous and sticky liquid pours out in massive quantities and floods the nearby area, making it much harder for many Pokemon to escape and drowning any that are burrowed in holes. It then uses its newfound strength to smash the stuck Pokemon dead. The liquid melts the prey, allowing Stunfisk to easily gobble them up. Afterwards, the Stunfisk sucks all the liquid back up and flops back to the caves they call home.
Poison/Ground is probably the best STAB combo that a Poison type can get. With a Toxic Terrain boost, Stunfisk's Gunk Shot becomes a very hard-hitting move, making up for Stunfisk's mediocre attack. It also has good bulk with its great HP stat, so it can set up Toxic Terrain many times in a match. Unfortunately, its typing isn't particularly good defensively and it's slow as heck.
pls add

Ok guys, I was looking at the spreadsheet, and personally, I think we have a few too many Pokemon (Over 200).
Here is how I'm going to do eliminations.
1. Someone suggests a Pokemon, Harmo-Forme, or Costume, (Non-Legendary, those are being worked on separately)
2. They give justification for why that Pokemon is not necessary for this game, and if it gets 4 or more votes, that Pokemon will be removed.
3. Everybody gets 2 Pokemon lines that they can save from elimination. For example, I will be saving the Temporook line, and the Dracomill line as they seem like really cool concepts that I would want in-game.

For example, I will be saving the Temporook line
:D

anyway, I'll suggest to remove the Cerebrey/Conacampus/Amygdilor line because of the following reasons:

-They're kinda boring. Mono-psychic typing is common and weak, while with the stats and abilities, it seems kind of straight forward. Sure, Pure Power on a special attacker seems cool, but really it just makes it another boring mixed attacker (Mono-Psychic on a physical attacker seems bad). I know this is a 'gen' where monotypes are very rare but seriously, mono-Psychic is too common 4 me.
-They don't seem like they'll have any real competitive impact due to mediocre bulk, good but not good enough speed and only average special attack for a special attacker, as well as the aforementioned horrible typing (Imagine how much more used Cresselia would be if it was Psychic/Fairy, cmon).
-They don't seem to have either a design or movepool, making it less painful to remove than other lines.

I'll save Catherithe and Froxic. Fun fact, Catherithe was originally called Catheterithe but it was misspelt Catherithe on the spreadsheet. I then realised that a catheter is actually the name of a medical device used to extract urine from someone who can't normally pee (The 'extraction of liquid' definition was why I used it in the name originally, since the pokemon sucks blood and is about draining moves). Let's leave it as is because that'd be awkward :3

:D

anyway, I'll suggest to remove the Cerebrey/Conacampus/Amygdilor line because of the following reasons:

-They're kinda boring. Mono-psychic typing is common and weak, while with the stats and abilities, it seems kind of straight forward. Sure, Pure Power on a special attacker seems cool, but really it just makes it another boring mixed attacker (Mono-Psychic on a physical attacker seems bad). I know this is a 'gen' where monotypes are very rare but seriously, mono-Psychic is too common 4 me.
-They don't seem like they'll have any real competitive impact due to mediocre bulk, good but not good enough speed and only average special attack for a special attacker, as well as the aforementioned horrible typing (Imagine how much more used Cresselia would be if it was Psychic/Fairy, cmon).
-They don't seem to have either a design or movepool, making it less painful to remove than other lines.

I'll save Catherithe and Froxic. Fun fact, Catherithe was originally called Catheterithe but it was misspelt Catherithe on the spreadsheet. I then realised that a catheter is actually the name of a medical device used to extract urine from someone who can't normally pee (The 'extraction of liquid' definition was why I used it in the name originally, since the pokemon sucks blood and is about draining moves). Let's leave it as is because that'd be awkward :3
Eh, I made that line, but I guess I'll second it.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm gonna save Monstratus and Spirox.

Also, I resprited Grievenge earlier, since its spritework was overall lazy, rushed, and a bit uninspired, so I just added more stuff to it and spent a good bit of time polishing it.

upload_2017-8-6_15-51-35.png
upload_2017-8-6_15-51-47.png

Also, I resprited Grievenge earlier, since its spritework was overall lazy, rushed, and a bit uninspired, so I just added more stuff to it and spent a good bit of time polishing it.

Jerry said legendaries will be done separately, so you can save something else over Spirox.

Also, what about gym aces, such as Drehemoth? This line is an integral part of my gym, so will I have to manually save it replacing one of my saves or is it kind of automatically saved because it is a gym ace?

I'm gonna save the Toddlebot line and the Deserunner line

EDIT: After realizing that Gym Leaders will keep their mons, I'm gonna save Coralcopia and the Pyrodo line

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm gonna save the Toddlebot line and the Deserunner line
Deserunner is already a leaders mon. No need to save that, it's in the game. :V

Jerry said legendaries will be done separately, so you can save something else over Spirox.

Also, what about gym aces, such as Drehemoth? This line is an integral part of my gym, so will I have to manually save it replacing one of my saves or is it kind of automatically saved because it is a gym ace?
Read above

Spirox is the 3rd legendary of the game already, you can save something else over it. (3rd Legend, like how Kyurem is 3rd to Reshiram and Zekrom)

Deserunner is already a leaders mon. No need to save that, it's in the game. :V

Read above

Spirox is the 3rd legendary of the game already, you can save something else over it. (3rd Legend, like how Kyurem is 3rd to Reshiram and Zekrom)
So drehemoth is coded already? Great, I won't have to worry about it :)

But btw, wasn't Aurulong the third legend? Or am I missing something again?

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I save Powette and the Cerberuse line.
Seedocyte line is a part of my Elite Four team so no need to save them right?

I'd like to suggest removing Revenya and Nyantum. Just google Schrodinger's Cat Pokemon and you'll see four other versions of the same idea. I'd say it's not original or good.

Saving Harmo Amaura and Icicloud's lines shouldn't be needed since they're already in-game.

Instead, I will save the Super Raichu line and Spinji(-Mega).

I would also like to propose the removal of Varibrawl. It has SHADOW TAG for one of its abilities, for literally every deity's sake! Almost all of its forms have high class abilities and none of them are balanced around them. Even its forms without good standard abilities have Adaptability to fall back on, meaning just about all of them have stupid levels of power on their STABs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)