Programming Pokemon Team Syntax

Yo guys!

Here's the Github Repository for those who want the code... This is a syntax highlighting package, not a color scheme. Soon, it will be available to install through Package Control. We just need to wait until they merge the pull request. Get it using Package Control!!! It may take some time for updates to update through package control... Meanwhile, incoming Copy+Paste of the README.

PokemonTeamSyntax

Syntax highlighting for Pokemon Team's importables in Sublime Text, by setting the syntax on the lower right corner, or saving the file with the .pktm extension.

It was roughly tested in ST3 only. Please, help me out in testing it in other places, such as ST2 and TextMate.

Install
It's recommended to install it through Package Control, since it can update automatically when new releases are available. However, you can manually install it by downloading it and extracting to your Packages Folder(Preferences > Browse Packages).

Last edited:
Bump: New version released
    • Forgot to include "Timid" nature to the dictionary
    • Things will only be colored only if they are valid
      • IVs/EVs numbers followed by one of the stats (HP, Atk, Def, SpA, SpD and Spe)
      • Happiness and Level value must be a number
      • Shiny value must be either "Yes" or "No"
      • Items, like "Eviolite" will be colored, "EvioILte" won't.
      • Properties, if followed by a colon will be colored, but their values will only be valid if they have a space between the colon and the value. Valid properties are: Ability, EVs, IVs, Shiny, Happiness and Level.
      • Natures must be followed by the word "Nature"
      • Moves must have a space between the hiphen and the name.
      • Species names are colored if followed by a space or a closing parenthesis(")"), still couldn't find a better solution for this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mq
Bump:
    • Moved from YAML to JSON.
    • Fixed an issue(#5) where "Flash" makes the move "Flash Cannon" behave weirdly. The same happened to "Charge" and "Charge Beam, and "Thunder" with "Thunderbolt.
    • Included a Contribute section in the README, for those who want to help.
    • Updated to latest(09/11/2015) data from Pokemon-Showdown-Client.

Last edited:
Oh boy:
    • Completions: You can now auto-complete by typing part of what you want and using your auto-completion shortcut.
    • Rules were slightly tweaked and now the "@" is not colored with the item.

for some reason, I can't find the button to download it when I go to this link: https://packagecontrol.io/packages/PokemonTeamSyntax
If you don't know what is Package Control, I totally recommend you to take a look at it here: https://packagecontrol.io/docs/usage

However, you're not obligated to install Package Control to obtain PokemonTeamSyntax. So:
Then choose the syntax from the bottom-right corner, or save the file with the .pktm extension. You may need to reopen sublime in case it doesn't work right away.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Didn't the option appeared in the list of syntaxes after you reopened Sublime or it gives and error? If any, what is the error?

By the way... Are you sure you're using Sublime Text 3, not 2?
im using sublime text 3, and i've opened up the folder, and I don't know what to do from here to edit my teams. Sorry for being terrible with technology :[

im using sublime text 3, and i've opened up the folder, and I don't know what to do from here to edit my teams. Sorry for being terrible with technology :[
No problem, I see I have given little to no instruction though... XD

So now you might have your Packages folder like this, right?
asdf.png

If this is the case, in your Sublime, it must have an option to choose the "PokemonTeamSyntax" for the currently open file. It defaults to "Plain Text" for a new file.
zxcv.png

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
No problem, I see I have given little to no instruction though... XD

So now you might have your Packages folder like this, right?

If this is the case, in your Sublime, it must have an option to choose the "PokemonTeamSyntax" for the currently open file. It defaults to "Plain Text" for a new file.
I got it working, and it looks amazing, thx for the help fren!

Just woke up and rememered I had this thing to update so...

Ch-ch-ch-change:
  • Sun & Moon changes. I didn't even bother to get the whole changelist because it's really too much.

------------------
To prevent the double post in short time, I'm going to put 2.5.0 changes here:

• Pokestars added!

Last edited:
Reviving this with yet another release.
    • Added every abilities, items, moves and pokemons since the latest update.
    • Fixed completions
    • Major development release: Development cycle now installs Pokemon-Showdown-Client npm package locally to retrieve needed data, instead of pulling up from the repository everytime a build occurs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)