Pokemon TCG (Trading Card Game)

Thoughts on the new Lucario-EX / Machamp / Landorus-EX deck? I don't have a finalized list for it yet, will post when I get one confirmed :D

Thoughts on the new Lucario-EX / Machamp / Landorus-EX deck? I don't have a finalized list for it yet, will post when I get one confirmed :D
Lucario-EX + Landorus is pretty cool. I think the main issue it runs into are decks that set up big attackers like yveltal-ex or a big mewtwo. Despite how much it mucks up the energy line, it might be worth throwing in one of two Mewtwo-EX and dces. I was pretty skeptical of Machamp when I first saw it and wrote it off as another stage 2 pokemon not worth the effort, but korrina being able to grab the machamp and rare candy is mad cool. As weird as a 1-0-1 stage 2 line sounds these days, I think if anyone can pull it off, it'd be this Machamp with the help of Korrina. That said, I can't think of too many magic numbers Machamp's extra 20 damage hits with Muscle Band + Strong Energy + HTL or Fighting Stadium. Lucario's three for 100 attack to knock out 180 HP exes I guess? The fact you need to Lysandre it out to get rid of Machamp while your Stadium can get countered or your muscle band can get megaphoned I guess is worth mentioning too.

Also:

M Gengar-EX - Psychic - HP210
Mega Evolution - Evolves from Gengar-EX

When 1 of your Pokemon becomes a Mega Evolution, your turn ends.

[P][P][P][C] Hollow Geist: 120 damage. Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Poisoned and Confused.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2
Unless we get some really damn cool cards to make that cost you pay tolerable on top of that new stadium and pokemon tool, this is by far the shittiest Mega I think we've seen.

Last edited:
Lucario-EX + Landorus is pretty cool. I think the main issue it runs into are decks that set up big attackers like yveltal-ex or a big mewtwo. Despite how much it mucks up the energy line, it might be worth throwing in one of two Mewtwo-EX and dces. I was pretty skeptical of Machamp when I first saw it and wrote it off as another stage 2 pokemon not worth the effort, but korrina being able to grab the machamp and rare candy is mad cool. As weird as a 1-0-1 stage 2 line sounds these days, I think if anyone can pull it off, it'd be this Machamp with the help of Korrina. That said, I can't think of too many magic numbers Machamp's extra 20 damage hits with Muscle Band + Strong Energy + HTL or Fighting Stadium. Lucario's three for 100 attack to knock out 180 HP exes I guess? The fact you need to Lysandre it out to get rid of Machamp while your Stadium can get countered or your muscle band can get megaphoned I guess is worth mentioning too.

Also:

Unless we get some really damn cool cards to make that cost you pay tolerable on top of that new stadium and pokemon tool, this is by far the shittiest Mega I think we've seen.
nah I think it isn't too bad.... Other than the cost.... I mean it can do 170 with a band and virbank :P

sorry for double posting :(, but lucario machamp landorus is gunna be so hype along with toad ex. So the two decks will be countered A LOT.

Also:

Man that card looks SICK EPIC.

I fave a couple kind of noobish questions.
  1. What does "In between turns" mean? Does it mean after my turn, but before my opponent's? Or does it mean after each player's turn?
  2. What is the chance of each card pack to contain an energy/trainer card?
  3. What is considered a "strong" or "decent" amount of damage for an attack?
  4. What is the ideal damage/energy requirement ratio for an attack?

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. What does "In between turns" mean? Does it mean after my turn, but before my opponent's? Or does it mean after each player's turn?
Basically, it's after your opponent attacks / passes for the turn, but before you draw your card for the turn.
What is the chance of each card pack to contain an energy/trainer card?
Basic energy cards are only in packs of a few sets. The only one in rotation that has them is XY. I'd say buy a theme deck for its energy if you're looking to get some. There's no rule to how common items, supporters, stadiums, and special energy cards like DCE or Strong Energy are in packs. They're as about as common as all the other cards of their rarity (common, uncommon, rare, holo rare).
What is considered a "strong" or "decent" amount of damage for an attack?
What is the ideal damage/energy requirement ratio for an attack?
Usually 30 damage for 1 energy and some bonus effect is considered good for smaller attacks. Good larger attacks are usually things that do 90 and a bonus effect or a little extra damage for three energy or something around that. 90's a big number to hit since it means you're two shotting every non-mega. There are also a few attacks out there that'll do something like 150 for four and some draw back. Those aren't usually considered very good because they take longer to pull off and don't kill EXes without help from muscle band or Hypnotoxic laser. Black Kyurem EX is just about the only thing with a really good 4 energy attack, and even it's suffered now that Blastoise has lost tropical beach and garbodor is everywhere.

Generally, what's really good is seen in the few archetypes that are being played at the moment.

Usually 30 damage for 1 energy and some bonus effect is considered good for smaller attacks. Good larger attacks are usually things that do 90 and a bonus effect or a little extra damage for three energy or something around that. 90's a big number to hit since it means you're two shotting every non-mega. There are also a few attacks out there that'll do something like 150 for four and some draw back. Those aren't usually considered very good because they take longer to pull off and don't kill EXes without help from muscle band or Hypnotoxic laser. Black Kyurem EX is just about the only thing with a really good 4 energy attack, and even it's suffered now that Blastoise has lost tropical beach and garbodor is everywhere.
Crystal Wall. GET REKT NUB. I mean yeah, mantyke is right :] altho Blastoise loses beach it can still perform (i thought of delphox with mystical fire) or electrode. All of that gives it the consistency it needs :]

I'd say blastoise can still work, but it's certainly had a fall from grace. It was arguably BDIF at a few points in the season. This time, I don't think it's competing with the other best decks around. Tropical Beach gone makes it severely harder to get a T2 Blastoise, but there are another of other factors I feel are playing heavily against it. Garbodor is in three major decks (Fighting, Seismitoad, and Yveltal). Virgen's still hanging in there and it doesn't have a whole lot beyond sending out Blastoise to deal with Pyroar. I think the worst detriment to its success though is Seimitoad-EX since it shuts it down almost completely with item lock so you can't Rare Candy up.

I'd say blastoise can still work, but it's certainly had a fall from grace. It was arguably BDIF at a few points in the season. This time, I don't think it's competing with the other best decks around. Tropical Beach gone makes it severely harder to get a T2 Blastoise, but there are another of other factors I feel are playing heavily against it. Garbodor is in three major decks (Fighting, Seismitoad, and Yveltal). Virgen's still hanging in there and it doesn't have a whole lot beyond sending out Blastoise to deal with Pyroar. I think the worst detriment to its success though is Seimitoad-EX since it shuts it down almost completely with item lock so you can't Rare Candy up.
Mhmm, altho I don't think Blastoise was ever BDIF in this season o.O i mean the amount of plasma and virgen was crazy. At any tournament there were proabbly like 7 blastoise max (regionals/states) Garbador is not too big of a problem. I'd just run heavy startling megaphone, i mean... U lost beach and some other stuff, I have more space to counter stuff. Against Virgen you just have to run hot... Against Seismitoad EX just run a heavier line of Wartortle and you are all good to go :]

Hey, I don't mean to necrobump this thread, but have you guys had success w/ Night March as a deck? I recently bought the Bolt Twister theme deck, and I was thinking of making a Night March deck.
Advice?

Hmm.. Although I personally have experience with Night March I personally think it is quite a "gimmick" deck. As in it works probably 1/7 ish times. Another way of putting it is that, it isn't consistent. Your opponent can easily drag up a joltik or anythin really, and do 70 and 30 to a bench with lando ex. Yes there is Mr. Mime; however, that can easily be dragged up and KOed as well. Honestly, unless you are looking for a fun(ish) and non-competitive deck, Night March isn't the deck you want to build.

Hmm.. Although I personally have experience with Night March I personally think it is quite a "gimmick" deck. As in it works probably 1/7 ish times. Another way of putting it is that, it isn't consistent. Your opponent can easily drag up a joltik or anythin really, and do 70 and 30 to a bench with lando ex. Yes there is Mr. Mime; however, that can easily be dragged up and KOed as well. Honestly, unless you are looking for a fun(ish) and non-competitive deck, Night March isn't the deck you want to build.
What would make for a good, cheap deck for a new player? Should I just bring my theme deck?

Well it contains many non-ex pokemon. Hmm click here for a breakdown of the original deck. That website basically shows what the original deck maker was thinking. Now it is outdated, but it is still a playable deck that may catch some people off guard which will lead to the win :)

Wasnt sure whether to post here or not. This is the only TCG thread on the entire forums so I'm gonna do it anyway.

Does anyone know which booster pack can contain Mega Kangaskhan EX?

Mmkay I guess I'm just being unlucky. I didn't know you play TCG too. I'm currently on TCG Online and I have to say that Water type deck is OP as ***

Yeah I recently started to get into it. Been playing for a couple of weeks or so, and I have to say it's quite addicting. I remember way back when I actually wanted to physically play the game... I actually still do, but I'd rather not spend my money on actual cards. And besides that there's probably no one who wants to play with me without having to travel for hours. That's when TCG Online indeed comes in handy.

how did you get into it again all of a sudden? Or is it something youve been wanting to do for a long time?

So, when BREAKthrough is released in English, I want to make a funsies, non-competitive deck that uses the new Gengar mixed with Noivern from the first XY set. Attack with Boomburst, switch next turn and start OHKOing everything they had out at the time.

It requires two Evo trees to accomplish, so I don't see it going to any competitions without a lot of support and some reeeeally good EXs splashed in. What do you guys think about making sure that this is at least workable?

how did you get into it again all of a sudden? Or is it something youve been wanting to do for a long time?
A friend of mine (Zerius) recommended the Online TCG. At first I thought it was a bit complicated, but once I got the hang of it it became really fun. A bunch of friends later gave me a Rayquaza EX tin for my birthday, just for funs. The booster packs contained redeemable codes and I got some nice stuff from those. The hyped up feeling I had when opening the packages (even when they weren't physical) kept me going. I haven't stopped playing since, and I'm now grinding for even more booster packs to open.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)