Pokemon TCG (Trading Card Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have suggested a forum spot opening up for TCGs, but it has been denied. Now, I see a TCG room on main, which I'm like yay :). A while ago, I saw really old (VERY OLD like a couple years back) old articles on TCG, and like Pokemon cards of the week, month, etc. I was wondering if Smogon can start something like that again. Smogon is known as "Pokemon University", I believe that it shouldn't just contain VGC, and like Battling (I dunno OUing, or RUing, etc, etc) it should be all rounded. So what I suggest is that there should be a section on Smogon's channel where there are maybe TCG battles every now and then. And also maybe something along the lines of TCG articles being written up on TCG and posted on Smogon. TCG articles could be things such as Pokemon card of the week, New Set review, or a guide for beginners, or how to build a deck, etc. I love TCG, and I want other people to love TCG as well :).

Btw I read rule #1 10 times ;)

Howdy OnlyLove. We previously had a Pokemon TCG forum, but it stagnated into lifelessness pretty quickly. We can't really support a full sub-forum for it; the majority of the user base isn't interested in it. However, if you'd like to have a single thread for it in Orange Islands, it'd be more than welcomed. We do have enough activity to support something of that magnitude since there is a small enough pocket of users here who play / are interested in the TCG (including myself!) Feel free to make such a thread if you'd like, but site wide support for it isn't going to happen unless such a thread gains mass popularity.

If you'd like to discuss the TCG, users like myself and mekkah talk about it reasonably frequently on #oi and #pokemon. Feel free to dive into either to discuss it.

The problem is, I believe I did try to open up a SubForum on Orange Island and it got deleted basically immediatly... I don't know why or what happened :/

From what I can see of your post history, you made a thread in The Great Library about it and were referred to post a thread about it in Orange Islands. Skimming through OI I don't see any locked or deleted threads made by you. I mod OI so I'll give you the A-OK to post a Pokemon TCG thread there provided that you make an OP with a little more content. Set it up as kind of a general discussion thread with a few resources for new players. Maybe some advice on how to start, helpful resources, and things like common sims would be great to put in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)