Format Discussion Pokemon Sun/Moon Random Battle sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Because Sucker Punch, probably? Doubles has Crunch because there are a lot more non-attacking moves around
yes but crunch is so much better than sucker punch. almost every ghost can do something other than attack cos it knows the strongest attack a raticate has for it otherwise is flame wheel. raticate is also decently fast (209 i think) so it isn't really in need of a priority move

Untitled.png

Not sure where to report this, but I just got a choice band Aggron with sleep talk in Generation 6 Battle Factory.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
View attachment 94428
Not sure where to report this, but I just got a choice band Aggron with sleep talk in Generation 6 Battle Factory.
From the Gen 6 NU analysis for choice band Aggron: “Sleep Talk is a viable move to run, as two very common threats in Vivillon and Jynx run sleep-inducing moves, although you have to be wary of Jynx possibly carrying Focus Blast.”

1514426184359.png

I think I'm yet to see a "paraflinch" Dunsparce set not missing the para part. It's not going to flinch anything with 122 speed and no body slam.

I think this was brought up earlier. You use nasty plot, making your opponent think it's a special attacker. Then, as he switches in a Blissey, you one-shot it with close combat.
Except it's random so you can't guarantee your opponent has a Blissey. That's some flawed logic regardless to say it's meant to be a lure or something for special walls because you can't actually do anything at all with the SpA boost - not even vacuum wave or anything (that isn't directed at you per se). Not a coder by any stretch, but it feels like it should be possible to necessitate at least one special STAB if it draws Nasty Plot as part of the movepool

Except it's random so you can't guarantee your opponent has a Blissey. That's some flawed logic regardless to say it's meant to be a lure or something for special walls because you can't actually do anything at all with the SpA boost - not even vacuum wave or anything (that isn't directed at you per se). Not a coder by any stretch, but it feels like it should be possible to necessitate at least one special STAB if it draws Nasty Plot as part of the movepool
It was a joke. Sorry if I made anyone think otherwise.

what the fuck.PNG

this is a really bad pokemon, it has beast boost but only one off type damaging move. even just having heavy slam instead of substitute would make him not as bad

View attachment 96508
this is a really bad pokemon, it has beast boost but only one off type damaging move. even just having heavy slam instead of substitute would make him not as bad
Celesteela is meant to be a more defensive poke, so SubSeed is actually a pretty good set with wide guard to protect allies in double battles. I see nothing wrong with the set - you can't always get the most optimal set (it is random after all)

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
View attachment 96398
Why do I have Nasty Plot ._.
If a generated set breaks one of the "rules", one of its non-essential (pragmatically read: even if its removed, you have 1+ valid STAB) move and might get rejected. It looks like you got extremely unlucky and all valid moves (any of SR, HP Ice, GK, Mach Punch, Stone Edge, EQ i believe, and maybe more) that would take NP's slot got themselves rejected in consecutive generated sets. While NP without special moves does break the "rules", there were no remaining moves that could fill the slot and were valid, so a rule had to be broken... and you got shafted with the worst possible invalid move. This should be quite unlikely if my undestanding is correct, but if it happens in higher frequency, something may be off.
View attachment 96508
Refer here for Doubles Randoms.

Screenshot 2018-01-11 at 12.45.10 PM.png

Maybe an assault vest is too much to ask for, but can I at least get dark STAB?
Screenshot 2018-01-11 at 12.54.55 PM.png

Why did I get neither defog nor will-o-wisp? Why is it still possible for thunderbolt and volt switch to be on the same set?

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
i actually find tbolt and volt switch on the same set useful many a times, so i don't think that's really much of an issue

agree with defog tho, i was expecting to see more defog mons after the new games but haven't noticed any such surge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)