Poke Pelago

I just wanted to rant about how great the Poke Pelago is for EV training a sec. I don't see enough talk about it. So the first things I bought with BP was all of the Power Items out of habit, but now that I've started training I kind of regret it.

Isle Evelup, once maxed out, gives 4 EVs per session, which last 30 min each, and it only goes for the exact number of sessions you enter, leaving a poke there longer has no further effect. With beans the sessions last 15 min, which after upgrading all Isles I now have nearly 1,000 beans; you get so many every day. Even without beans, I originally thought it was 30 min of game time, but it's not, it's real time, so you can max a stat in a day at most; set it and forget it style.

And you can be super precise. Want 52 EVs in a stat? set it for 13 sessions and let it go. Odds are you'd only have one poke in a session/group like this, making for 3 pokes training at a time, but if you have 6 pokes that all need max speed or something it's easy peasy.

I was working on getting 14 chain Spearow kills over breaks at work to max out my Magearna's speed, but after 3 turns of Spearow failing to show, I said F it, and dropped it in Isle Evelup for the remaining sessions, was done by the time I got home, was able to train other things during breaks. Once Bank is updated in January and I have access to better breeding parents and I can go all out on gen 7 breedable pokes, I don't think I'll ever go back to old EV training again. I'll get all the breeding done, keeping track with a chart, then toss what needs which EVs together in Isle Evelup and let the magic flow!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Moved to SM Subforum. Which is at the top. I have no idea how you missed that.

Moved to SM Subforum. Which is at the top. I have no idea how you missed that.
Technically wasn't the wrong place, just a click shy of a more specific category, which is fair. Also it's at the top sure, but outside the rest of the list and page numbers, without a label, in a spot ads normally like to hang out, so it doesn't pull the eye, and forums across the net, which similar, do have small formatting differences. That's how I missed it, but I'll forgive your frank rudeness, this time ;)

It's also very easy to raise friendship via the hotsprings. Stick a mon in there give it ~10 hours worth of pokebeans, and do w/e else. I tend to do friendship stuff right before I sleep so I can just wake up and have mons ready to evolve. It really helped with breeding Riolu

It's also very easy to raise friendship via the hotsprings. Stick a mon in there give it ~10 hours worth of pokebeans, and do w/e else. I tend to do friendship stuff right before I sleep so I can just wake up and have mons ready to evolve. It really helped with breeding Riolu
I kept trying this as I played the game but I barely got any happiness out of it
the gains, even with beans, seem very low.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but chaining is still faster if you have the time to spare. I've recently started using Isle Evelup when I'm at work and asleep, so I can focus on breeding at home. The EXP drink there also helps a lot with mons you want to level up to evolve but don't want to grind. I find a mixture of chaining + Pelago to be good for specific spreads too. 200 EV? Max it out, feed your mon 6 berries (find them on Route 10 and plant on Isle Aplenny), and have it work for 2 sessions.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm just so happy not to have to pay attention to things like watering berries or worse, weeding the garden around my berry plants. Give me a nice, easy way to rapidly get my massive supply of EV reducing (and happiness boosting) berries and I'm a happy man. So Poke Pelago certainly receives my seal of approval, even without the easy leveling up and the (slow) bottlecap farming.

Also, a note on happiness. Rather than focusing on the hot springs, take advantage of the berry fields. Just throw on the Soothe Bell and feed your Pokemon a bunch of EV reducing berries and you'll be ready for happiness evolution in a snap.

According to Serebii, you can also use Isle Avue to hatch eggs. The only possible scenario I see that being useful is when you have some leftover eggs from a breeding project that you know have bad IVs / Nature and want to free up box space. You just throw them at the springs and come back later to release or Wonder Trade them.

But yeah, I was a bit wary about the whole Poke Pelago thing (I grinded through the Dream World every single day back in B/W, and it was awful), but when I found out that with it I could EV train, level up and breed at the same time I just had to invest those Poke Beans in fully upgrading the place. Hopefully Game Freak won't take it away on the next set of games.

According to Serebii, you can also use Isle Avue to hatch eggs. The only possible scenario I see that being useful is when you have some leftover eggs from a breeding project that you know have bad IVs / Nature and want to free up box space. You just throw them at the springs and come back later to release or Wonder Trade them.
Yep, that's what I use Isle Avue for. I've been getting so many excess eggs from breeding (at least a box full) and I move right on to the next project after I get a 5/6 IV one that I just dump them all in Isle Avue to hatch, after which I still check for IVs before releasing. From personal experience, the eggs take about ~2 days to hatch, so if you're impatient like me, use your Beans. And make sure to take them out and put them back in every now and again, apparently they overheat after 24 hours and won't get any closer to hatching if it happens. The same applies to Pokemon you leave in there, their happiness decreases if left in there for 24 hours straight.

Pokepelago is the best implementation of berry growing in the entire series.

You don't need to fly out to locations all around the region
You don't even need to fly out to a single location
You don't need to worry about fertilizer
You don't need to worry about watering them every stage of growth
You don't need to fight off other pokemon

They're all in one place, easily accessible at any time, you can halve the growth time effortlessly even while buying out other islands and upgrades and you can get maximum yield just by upgrading the island. And you can plant & harvest up to 18 berries all at once using a super easy system of taps!

It is so cool to just plant a ton of berries and get a ton out with such little effort. I have a fleet of EV reducing berries, a ton of lum berries, many ganlon & apicot berries, and i made liberal usage of my store of leppa & sitrus berries during the main game. I don't have to worry about working tirelessly for a mere 2 berries!

In regards to exp drink, as your Pokemon gain levels do they learn new moves that overwrite the old ones like at daycares in past generations?

In regards to exp drink, as your Pokemon gain levels do they learn new moves that overwrite the old ones like at daycares in past generations?
They do learn new moves which go into the fourth slot and bump everything else up by one (i.e. your Pokemon will forget the move in the first slot), but Heart Scales are relatively easy to farm (Luvdisc on Route 9 are pretty good). Also, evolutions don't take place while they're training.

They do learn new moves which go into the fourth slot and bump everything else up by one (i.e. your Pokemon will forget the move in the first slot), but Heart Scales are relatively easy to farm (Luvdisc on Route 9 are pretty good). Also, evolutions don't take place while they're training.
you don't even need to farm heart scales from luvdisc, just go to one of the restaurants (not the battle buffet and not the masaladawada shops), order the dish at the bottom of the list, pay something trivial like 4000 pokedollars and u get between 4-12 heart scales

honestly, for friendship, unless you want to raise a lot of pokemon at the same time, EV berries are better, since you can stash a ton of them, and use into a single pokemon, specially with luxury ball, soothe bell, and the bonus for doing that in the capture route.

Anyone knows the values for friendship and steps for the hot springs? I would guess the friendship value would be on par with the EV training, so 30m at lv1 gives 1 friendship point, and that at lv3 it gives 4 frienship points, and that berries would halve the time. But I have no idea about the values related to eggs. I had a slurpuss egg I left there and it took several days to hatch on the lv1 hot springs

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I heard that after 24 Hours in the Hot Spring happiness starts to go down, so what I want to know is how long it takes to make a Pokemon completely hate you. How easy it is to make a Pokemon love you makes the Hot Springs practically useless for their intended purpose and Frustration looks cooler that Return... Now that I think about it, I'm not a very good trainer...

I heard that after 24 Hours in the Hot Spring happiness starts to go down, so what I want to know is how long it takes to make a Pokemon completely hate you. How easy it is to make a Pokemon love you makes the Hot Springs practically useless for their intended purpose and Frustration looks cooler that Return... Now that I think about it, I'm not a very good trainer...
It's a bit difficult because after the lowering effect starts, all you have to do is tap the pokemon, and it will reset, you don't have to take it and put it again.

For lowering happiness, I think is easier (although more expensive) to buy a bunch of energy root/energy powder and fight a lv2 pikipeck/yungoos, and spam the herbs in the pokemon until the happiness is reduced to 0, then run away and fly to a pokemon center and deposit the pokemon.

Is still a pain to get "the good berrys", like Lum... It took me a couple days of cheking the threes where it can appear (Acording to serebii), but once you have it, Pelago take care of the massive production.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
It's a bit difficult because after the lowering effect starts, all you have to do is tap the pokemon, and it will reset, you don't have to take it and put it again.

For lowering happiness, I think is easier (although more expensive) to buy a bunch of energy root/energy powder and fight a lv2 pikipeck/yungoos, and spam the herbs in the pokemon until the happiness is reduced to 0, then run away and fly to a pokemon center and deposit the pokemon.
I figured the herb would be quicker, especially in hail or a sandstorm, but what if you won't need the Pokemon for a few weeks? It might be easier to use the Hot Springs.

Before I had a full dex I used it for that; put a Snubbull egg in while I was level-grinding a dragonair or whatever.

Evelup Island is the reason I don't understand why there are complaints about no more Super Training.

Unless there's something I've missed (understandable, since I only got a 3DS two months ago so I missed the entire Gen VI main games), it's a straight upgrade.

Evelup Island is the reason I don't understand why there are complaints about no more Super Training.

Unless there's something I've missed (understandable, since I only got a 3DS two months ago so I missed the entire Gen VI main games), it's a straight upgrade.
It's more about how much time you have to wait.

Anyone know how to ensure wilds pokemon to stay in Isle Abeens?
I've heard some stories that some wild shiny pokemon can visit there. Just make sure to make them stay on the future. Just dump loads of beans doesn't seems to guarantee anyway

Anyone know how to ensure wilds pokemon to stay in Isle Abeens?
I've heard some stories that some wild shiny pokemon can visit there. Just make sure to make them stay on the future. Just dump loads of beans doesn't seems to guarantee anyway
Can confirm that there are shinies appearing on isle abeens.
Can also confirm that isle abeens is a horrible, shitty place.
aka, beans don't guarantee staying, like you already said.

oh well at least that shiny staryu had the worst possible nature ever, brave :/ not brave enough to stay on my island -.-

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I got to admit I'm really liking Poke Pelago. While I don't really use Training Island (I'm just going to call them by what they do instead of their names), all the other I have used and find them all useful.

Bean Island I always make sure to collect all the beans I can everyday. Not only is it oddly relaxing but when I'm done I of course got more beans to feed my Pokemon or to put in the feeding box to speed up stuff on each island.
BTW, feeding a Pokemon a Rainbow Poke Bean in Pokemon Refresh will increase its Affection by 3 hearts, pretty much making getting a Sylveon very easy. :P

Berry Island, as everyone has been noting, is pretty much what Berry planting should have been. Plant the berry, let it grow, collect berries, repeat. No need to micromanage every step of its growing like watering, weeding, and battling pests. While I still didn't really use Berries main game, this does make it possible if you do. Of course getting the berries you want is another story...

Treasure Island is just great. Free Shards, Evo Stones, and other valuable items? Yes please! While it is a bit annoying when you don't get exactly what you want, you usually can't complain with what you got as you could sell what you don't need for a nice bit of money. And if you're lucky you might get a Golden Bottle Cap!

Hot Spring Island was useful for hatching Eggs and increasing the Happiness of the Pokemon who evolve via Happiness while I initially focused on evolving the Pokemon who do so by level or stone (leveling them up till they get a certain move). Sadly now I'm not using it anymore but for those who are breeding it'll be very useful to at least start incubating Eggs while you hatch the 5 in your party (or you want to do something else in the game).

I really hope they keep it or something like it in future games, maybe even expand on it... enjoy it while it last folks. #RIPDexNav

Something to think about: So Poke Pelago is essentially an addition to the in-game PC, but what about the Poke Bank? Thinking about it, Poke Pelago sort of reminds me of Pokemon Ranch, another Pokemon auxiliary game like the Box RS was. I'm wondering if maybe, with the popularity of Poke Pelago and GF bringing back these auxiliary game's characters (Brigette, Burnet) if Poke Bank could bring back a Poke Ranch like feature (it wouldn't be too far fetch to imagine Hayley also being friends with Brigette or they're friends via friends (I think Lanette and Bebe are friends)).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)