Pokémon GO

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Seeing as Sableye's shiny colour is yellow, it's arguably quite hard to miss.

Also, is there an extra warning message coming up when you try to Transfer shinies, like there is with legendaries and Event Pokémon? The second Witch Hat Pikachu I caught had bad IVs, so I Transfered it, and an additional warning message appeared, after the regular "Do you want to Transfer this Pokémon?" message.
Yes there is.

Still can't get a good enough Duskull/Dusclops and Shuppet. Two Raikou raids got me one Raikou which is 14/14/14, though, only other blemish being its moveset (Volt Switch and Thunder).

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mission Halloween pokedex almost accomplished:
sableye, duskull, dusclops, shuppet, banette
Halloween Pikachu, Halloween Raichu, Halloween Pichu

Missing: shiny sableye

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Still can't get a good enough Duskull/Dusclops and Shuppet.
Same here!

Over the last three days, I've caught 29 Shuppet, 34 Duskull, one Banette, five Sableye, 12 Houndour, and a handful of Witch Hat Pikachu. Not a single one of them have been in the highest IV tier (80+ %). Last time I checked, the probability of getting IVs above 80% was 2.69%, or roughly one in thirty-five. I'm at twice that number now, and still I'm being flooded with sub-50%-Pokémon. I know it's probably just bad luck, but one can't help but wonder. I have got a couple of high-IV Cubone and Marowak, though.

Well... at least now I have an A-rank Witch Pikachu. Will save it for Alola, Witch Aloraichu is still something great, although I'd have preferred female one.
And an outstanding Shuppet? ... level 3.

Oh well, it is a given anyway that wild mon has awful IV. Not going to expect much....

Same here!

Over the last three days, I've caught 29 Shuppet, 34 Duskull, one Banette, five Sableye, 12 Houndour, and a handful of Witch Hat Pikachu. Not a single one of them have been in the highest IV tier (80+ %). Last time I checked, the probability of getting IVs above 80% was 2.69%, or roughly one in thirty-five. I'm at twice that number now, and still I'm being flooded with sub-50%-Pokémon. I know it's probably just bad luck, but one can't help but wonder. I have got a couple of high-IV Cubone and Marowak, though.
I'm slightly luckier than you. Caught 24 Shuppet, 26 Duskull, one Dusclops, 6 Sableye, 20 Houndour, 2 Houdoom. Only one of them is at the highest tier (Shuppet at 84.4% [12-13/14/11-12] that I literally just caught).

EDIT: Another 84.4% Shuppet, this time 15/8/15.

Last edited:
tbh I couldn't care less about the IVs of the Duskull/Shuppet I find. It's not like they're ever going to be useful.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Banette has the very very tiny niche of being a good Mewtwo glass cannon... and there's also Mega Banette if they don't screw that up. But yea all the Ghosts this gen are pretty horrendous all things considered so not a huge loss if higher IV specimen aren't grabbed.

Yesterday we got an official South Korea event scheduled. Here are the details as far as I can translate lol:

Date: November 4 - 12
Raids: Articuno
, Zapdos
, Moltres
, and Lugia
will come back to raids in places in Korea. I believe this is restricted to Seoul but I'm not too certain.
Bonus Spawns: Increased Pokemon spawns throughout most of Korea. Mr. Mime and Unown will show up and have increased spawn rates as well.

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey I know this isn’t really the place for tech support but the current event inspired me to re download this game and it was fine for like 2 days and now it crashes on me whenever I try to load it on iOS I then I updated my phone and it still didn’t work and I’ve tried turning it off and back on and none of it worked also this is Pokémon GO specific

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Banette has the very very tiny niche of being a good Mewtwo glass cannon... and there's also Mega Banette if they don't screw that up. But yea all the Ghosts this gen are pretty horrendous all things considered so not a huge loss if higher IV specimen aren't grabbed.

Yesterday we got an official South Korea event scheduled. Here are the details as far as I can translate lol:

Date: November 4 - 12
Raids: Articuno
, Zapdos
, Moltres
, and Lugia
will come back to raids in places in Korea. I believe this is restricted to Seoul but I'm not too certain.
Bonus Spawns: Increased Pokemon spawns throughout most of Korea. Mr. Mime and Unown will show up and have increased spawn rates as well.
I’ll “be there” and finally get Unown #LetsNot&SayWeDid

Last edited:
Hey I know this isn’t really the place for tech support but the current event inspired me to re download this game and it was fine for like 2 days and now it crashes on me whenever I try to load it on iOS I then I updated my phone and it still didn’t work and I’ve tried turning it off and back on and none of it worked also this is Pokémon GO specific
There's a known issue with iOS and Pokemon Go. There's multiple threads about it on /r/TheSilphRoad and /r/PokemonGo.

What's worth powering up besides T-Tar/D-Nite/Gyaru/Blissey/Champ/Rhydon/Scizor/Vaporeon/Legendaries?

Last edited:
I think I know the answer to this but I want to make sure anyway so I don't mess up.

I'm gonna get a new phone soon (it's supposed to arrive before November 1st) and since Pokemon Go is linked to my Google account, I don't need to issue any codes for data transfer like I would for other games, right?

I think I know the answer to this but I want to make sure anyway so I don't mess up.

I'm gonna get a new phone soon (it's supposed to arrive before November 1st) and since Pokemon Go is linked to my Google account, I don't need to issue any codes for data transfer like I would for other games, right?
All the data you have in PoGo is linked to your PoGo account (accessible with Google account in your case) so dont worry

What's worth powering up besides T-Tar/D-Nite/Gyaru/Blissey/Champ/Scizor/Vaporeon/Legendaries?
Maybe Golem?
Altho its usefullness is fading away, because other than Raikou and Entei, it will be great only for Ho-oh, Rayquaza (for which you will have an army of Articuno anyways) and maybe the Regis

I dont think Blissey is worth all the stardust, and I would wait for Gen 3 with any power ups (Aggron, two pseudos, Gardevoir, powerful starters, you know)

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What's worth powering up besides T-Tar/D-Nite/Gyaru/Blissey/Champ/Rhydon/Scizor/Vaporeon/Legendaries?
I recently fully powered up 2 of my houndooms as I expect to do more solo level 3s particularly alakazam & gengar when they don't have focus blast. Also recommended to power up are golem, omanyte (if it has legacy rock moves), exeggutor, gengar (if it has shadow claw) and espeon

While I'll be sure to check for more duskulls to see if any are shiny, few recent highlights include hatching a 95% Halloween Pichu, catching a 98% Halloween Pikachu already at level 30 (only flaw was HP), and on my Pokemon GO+ I discovered I caught my 3rd shiny magikarp (CP 50) which I immediately evolved into a shiny gyarados.

Edit: I just successfully solo'd a machamp using 2 gengars (shadow claw & shadow ball), exeggutor (confusion & solar beam) and 2 dragonites (dragon tail & outrage) all maxed out, and I had 10 seconds left on the clock at the end. So I consider it worth it to max out gengar especially if it has the legacy fast move of shadow claw and perfect attack IVs. Of course having outstanding psychic pokemon like alakazam, espeon & lugia would've done the job better.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I would also add one more Pokémon worth powering up: Snorlax - it has good coverage move options, is tankier than anything besides Blissey and Lugia (which has 5 weaknesses and cannot be put in Gyms), and deals decent damage with the right moves.

Snorlax also has the 3rd highest CP for a Gymable Pokemon, so it will also outlast a Blissey if you put it over time, as in the CP whittling down will be slower. I think the most of the third gen starters won’t compare to anything we currently have, Exeggutor > Sceptile, Gyarados or Vaporeon > Swampert.

Also, maybe Heracross... saves you 125 candies that won’t be needed to evolve like you would Blaziken and Machamp. If you can catch one, and walk it.

Maybe Golem?
Altho its usefullness is fading away, because other than Raikou and Entei, it will be great only for Ho-oh, Rayquaza (for which you will have an army of Articuno anyways) and maybe the Regis

I dont think Blissey is worth all the stardust, and I would wait for Gen 3 with any power ups (Aggron, two pseudos, Gardevoir, powerful starters, you know)
I have a question... will Gardevoir surpass Lapras / Articuno / Regice in taking on Dragons? Assuming they have Dragon moves and not say Steel Wing on Dragonite, Gardevoir will take much less damage, and while she will also deal less damage by virtue of her typing only being 2X effective rather than 4X for Ice, she is will have a much higher Atk stat versus the more defensive Ice types that have good Def &/Or HP but only low Atk stats (179 Atk Regice). Plus she can take a hit well herself: 237 Atk, 220 Def, not too shabby for a Fairy Type. Low 136 Stamina, but that’s nothing dodging and her typing can’t handle, similar to Focus Blast Gengar in Hyper Beam Snorlax Raids.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pokemongohub.net/generation-3/ralts-kirlia-gardevoir/amp/

They consider it even better than an Alakazam!

Now what we really want is a Weavile... Psychics, Ghosts, Dragons, and Ground types beware!

Last edited:

breh

強いだね
no real point to power a snorlax, I wouldn't power a blissey and the same is true for lax.... their only purpose is to have a lot of HP which they do just fine at level 20

Guys, I'm needing your help! I'm doing a video project.

Are there people here playing Pokémon GO on an iPhone 5 or iPhone 6? If yes, please PM me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)