Pokémon GO

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
So will they also introduce Abilities? Because some Gen III Pokemon were built around their Abilities: Slakoth/Slaking, Shedinja, Castform, Kecleon, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, & Deoxys.

Some other things to note:
1. Abilities weren't the only thing introduced but also Double Battles. And there was an Ability to work with Double Battles: Plus & Minus, the gimmick of Plusle & Minun.

The problem is we have nothing on the game files to suggest anything regarding abilities or Double Battles, so this is implausible for now. Meaning, from your list, it's possible some of those things won't be released immediately, akin to Delibird and Smeargle. I'm thinking Slaking line, Shedinja, Castform, and Kecleon.

2. So will they carry over the way to get a Shedinja (evolving a Nincada into a Ninjask while also having an extra Poke Ball)? Like one way around this I can maybe see them doing is after evolving Nincada a wild Shedinja will spawn nearby.

I like this idea, akin to the starters. They could also just make it appear in your inventory without using a Poke Ball. Poke Balls are incredibly trivial to acquire in Go so they wouldn't need to code for it specifically.

3. Be interesting to see if they keep Spinda's spot pattern gimmick. Might make catching multiple of them interesting to see what spot patterns you get.

This is a weird one, since that's server side (I think). They could either have coded the pattern creation, just coded one single Spinda, or not release it right now.

4. Right now you can get a Marill and Wobbuffet from an egg. So are they going to swap them out for Azurill and Wynaut?

Like the user above me said, they did with Gen 2 so yeah we will get Azurill and Wynaut instead.
Responses in bold

A Mimikyu themed hat?
Sounds awesome!
Also, a Blissey would be very easy to take out in raids
And Metagross is going to have over 38k CP as a raid boss (unless they nerf him)

Eh... this is all confirmed? Well, I knew it's special for Halloween but....

Either way, this can only mean we are getting close to the rest of Gen3. I'll have to consider upping even more Tyrannitars, I'll need many to prepare for Lati_s. And then there's Metagross, idk what should be used, has no enough helldogs....

Speaking of helldogs, I hope they increase spawn of them too during the event. I think that's the only useful thing with spooky theme that I can think of.

I hope I'm not jinxing this but... they'll probably put the 3 beasts all at once on December, before going with gen3 legends without any breaks. Ugh....

Regis and Latis for regular raids, weather trio for EX raids, along with M2 and the tower duo?

btw Latios will have almost as much CP as Mewtwo in *5 raids

I'm sure I will get more hyped when the Suicune raids here are over. Suicune is just so underwhelming, I'm not even trying for ones with good IVs. Raikou will be the best Electric-type in the future, so when the legendaries rotate again I'll definitely be out more.

I'm sold.

I'm sure I will get more hyped when the Suicune raids here are over. Suicune is just so underwhelming, I'm not even trying for ones with good IVs. Raikou will be the best Electric-type in the future, so when the legendaries rotate again I'll definitely be out more.
It's OK. I only caught 4 when it's here while now I'm already sitting at 7 or 9 Raikou in half a month. I'd rather solo Vaporeon, they're statistically much more useful and also pretty cute. Although then again, they might be useful once PokeBank opens for GO (or not, Inner Focus is underwhelming, where's Water Absorb 'kun? Not to mention probably uncontrolled Nature randomisation).

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
I need a good Entei but the thing is not budging IV wise.

Suicune will be an EXP thing for me as well once it comes here to the states.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hopefully they'll discount the price again for pokemon storage upgrades from 200 down to 100 as I'll certainly bump it up when the time comes. In preparation I've been trying to go through my pokemon inventory and weed out any unnecessary ones. I was hoping trading would become available soon as I've saved all my legendaries along with some heracross and corsola when I traveled south so I'll only rid some if really really necessary. I'm looking forward to the 3rd generation stuff as they'll add XP for each new entry as well.

By the way I'm already at level 38 so I'm able to max out my best pokemon only up to level 39. I also successfully solo'd a level 3 vaporeon raid finally with my essentially maxed out raikou, zapdos, 2 exeggutors and a dragonite. I still couldn't solo an arcanine and I might attempt alakazam at some point.

Alakazam is by far the easiest to solo
I could almost beat it as a level 32 (just barely didnt win, because TMs kept giving me FB and SE for my TTars)
If you could solo a gengar, this will be a piece of cake

Being able to solo those high tiered raids is awesome. Too bad I'm only level 34, but it's definitely motivating to see some people solo Zam/Champ/Gengar etc.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alakazam's CP seems intimidatingly high but weaker defenses should make it soloable as seen on youtube videos as I have essentially maxed out 2 tyranitars with bite/crunch, 2 gengars with shadow claw & Shadow ball, 1 houndoom with snarl & foul play, and of course 3 dragonites with dragon tail & outrage at my availability at least, and of course this gives me some flexibility depending on movesets to deal with. I might seek more vaporeon raids for its more guaranteed success though as rare raid items are nice to get so long as I still have a free raid pass for them. Lag on my phone can be an issue though.

On a separate note, I setup Pokemon GO on an iPad to use my son's account since he hasn't been using it as much lately in the event I go to an entei raid or another level 3 raid I can't handle alone, but am having issues where I'd open it at a gym only for it to be like 50 yards away or so making it out of reach and I'm not sure how to fix this as it's utterly frustrating why it does that. I'm using my phone's mobile hotspot so it can connect at least.

Edit: mission alakazam accomplished as it needed every second and a squad of 2 gengars, 1 tyranitar & 3 dragonites as this one used psycho cut & focus blast.

Last edited:
So, what raids (apart from the tier I and II raids) am I able to solo? Does anyone know? I'm level 34, and I got several maxed out 90%+ IV T-Tar/D-Nite/Champ/Gyara/Eeveelutions/Blissey. Are there even any?

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
CD39F2E3-643B-43A4-8774-5DEDE6762F66.jpeg
Putting the two in Mewtwo!
And this time I didn’t even spoof to qualify over the weekend. Legit means I won’t have to hear nun of it!
Perfect timing for my lunch break!
Tab to the side is for today, but I earned it over the weekend before today with official PoGo app! :)
I literally thought of having another chance at Mewtwo and getting the 100 IV one. It’s a dream about to come true.

Last edited:
I don't even have many maxed out mon and I can manage Gengar, Vaporeon, and Arcanine (still unsafe) for now. The only nearly maxed out mon I have are some Vaporeon navy members.

I haven't had tried others though. Zam has similar defence to Vaporeon, yet with insane Atk. With my success heavily dependant to at least lv30 SE attackers, I lack particularly biting Turannitars for it.

View attachment 89783 Putting the two in Mewtwo!
And this time I didn’t even spoof to qualify over the weekend. Legit means I won’t have to hear nun of it!
Perfect timing for my lunch break!
Tab to the side is for today, but I earned it over the weekend before today with official PoGo app! :)
I literally thought of having another chance at Mewtwo and getting the 100 IV one. It’s a dream about to come true.
foster city is the right next to where I live lol, no pass for me sadly

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
As of time of writing, the following has happened:

1) Latest update forced for all platforms.
2) Sprites for Wizard Pichu / Pikachu / Raichu, Sableye, Duskull, Dusclops, Shuppet, Banette and their shinies are now in the code of the game.
3) Mimikyu hat in the code of the game.
4) The Legendary Medal is now live. You need 1000 won raids for Gold.
5) Hoenn Medal is now live.

Soon!

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
0B082CF4-B26F-4526-99B0-84B6C524B82A.jpeg
As of time of writing, the following has happened:

1) Latest update forced for all platforms.
2) Sprites for Wizard Pichu / Pikachu / Raichu, Sableye, Duskull, Dusclops, Shuppet, Banette and their shinies are now in the code of the game.
3) Mimikyu hat in the code of the game.
4) The Legendary Medal is now live. You need 1000 won raids for Gold.
5) Hoenn Medal is now live.

Soon!
So basically only ghosts for halloween, with chance of shiny. November for the rest of Gen 3. Raids will change.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
That image circulating around is conjecture so far, so I wouldn't place too much emphasis on it yet.

Yea, I agree with all of that. It makes sense and Gen 3 is essentially in the data as is so an extra week is fine.

Double EXP smh I just popped a Lucky Egg to go on an evolution spree. Double Candy should hopefully help me get enough to go on another run I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)