1. The moderators of this forum are Nineage and OP.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Resource [PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING] LC Analysis Reservation Thread

Discussion in 'LC Analyses' started by Corporal Levi, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Aaron's Aron

Aaron's Aron A concussion update in my info tab

This is true.

As for Venipede, and Numel too since we're on the subject, if OP and Levi could get together and discuss who has what analysis, that would be great. There is a big mishmash of people attempting to claim these two. I'm not saying you did anything wrong of course, but we (me, you, and a few others) definitely need some clarification on who has what. Also I think someone already has Venipede if I recall correctly, although again there is still some confusion on the claiming of it should he lose it.
    OP Corporal Levi
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Corporal Levi likes this.
  2. Corporal Levi

Corporal Levi
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Numel is currently available unless Vyfe returns within the next couple of days. While you did reserve it earlier, you already currently have three analyses in progress. Of course, you can re-reserve if after you have finished Machop, Numel is still available.

Venipede was taken over by MeButYou82 but has not been worked on for the past two weeks, so I have reassigned it to Drew. MeButYou, feel free to post in this thread for what you have in mind if you have an idea for another set or Pokemon that needs an analysis.
    Also i am NOT goof
    Aaron's Aron and Drew like this.
  3. Gummy

Gummy send typecharts
    is a Pre-Contributor

Alolan Meowth looks like it was dropped by Fiend since the thread is locked. Can I take it? n_n
    Aaron's Aron likes this.
  4. Aaron's Aron

Aaron's Aron A concussion update in my info tab

/me sighs
    Re-reserving Numel then. I don't mind that Drew is doing it. I just wish OP would've communicated with me that it was a no. I had all my analyses up to date and I was looking to do more, but he would never respond to my messages. I literally could've done like four more analyses in the time I sat around waiting, and since he never told me no I assumed he was just waiting to say yes. Just some more communication would be nice. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, since we're on the subject, can you or OP tell me what I have reserved then? Cause I thought I knew, but obviously I don't. Thanks.
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
  5. Altariel von Sweep

Altariel von Sweep thanks mr skeltal
    is a Smogon Media Contributor

Reserving Exeggcute as its the only Pokemon who hasn't got a current analysis, as I'm ending QC with Wynaut.

Approved - OP
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    OP likes this.
  6. Xayah

Xayah We always have a plan
    is a Contributor to Smogon

So a long time ago, or well like half a year but still, I made this post
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-lc-analysis-reservation-index.3509147/page-25#post-7006612
    Back then, I was new and just wanted to write an analyses for Whismur, which I genuinely believed had a niche. Except I had forgotten Porygon existed, which made Whismur completely irrelevant, as even its best role, Trick Room attacker, was done much better by Porygon due to access to Trick Room, much better bulk and power, similar coverage, better abilities, etc. Now however, Porygon is banned, so for a 0.5k post, I'm just going to try again, hoping that people now knowing me helps me.

While Trick Room teams are definitely not the best teams due to the very short duration, Whismur does have a notable niche on them thanks to its incredible coverage, with moves like Fire Blast, Ice Beam, and Shadow Ball on the special side, and Hammer Arm, Zen Headbutt, and the elemental punches on the physical side, as well as access to STAB Hyper Voice to pass through Substitute. The combination of this with just enough power to hit most things fairly hard allows it to be a pretty good revenge killer or even wallbreaker on these Trick Room teams. Some calcs to showcase:
    special (open)

188+ SpA Life Orb Whismur Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 9-13 (42.8 - 61.9%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
    188+ SpA Life Orb Whismur Fire Blast vs. 204 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 13-18 (52 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    188+ SpA Life Orb Whismur Ice Beam vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Onix: 23-29 (109.5 - 138%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    188+ SpA Life Orb Whismur Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 80 SpD Gastly: 21-26 (110.5 - 136.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    188+ SpA Life Orb Whismur Shadow Ball vs. 236 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Frillish: 13-16 (52 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HK

physical (open)

188 Atk Life Orb Whismur Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Mienfoo: 12-16 (57.1 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    188 Atk Life Orb Whismur Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 156 Def Eviolite Timburr: 12-16 (50 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    188 Atk Life Orb Whismur Zen Headbutt vs. 132 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Croagunk: 26-31 (113 - 134.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    188 Atk Life Orb Whismur Hammer Arm vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magnemite: 21-26 (110.5 - 136.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    188 Atk Life Orb Whismur Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 156 Def Eviolite Staryu: 13-16 (68.4 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The set I'd likely use would be a Life Orb set with Double-Edge | Hyper Voice / Fire Blast | Ice Beam / Hammer Arm | Zen Headbutt | Ice Beam / Shadow Ball with an EV spread of 84 HP / 188 Atk / 12 Def / 188 SpA / 12 SpD with a Quiet nature to maximize Whismur's power on both sides and its bulk is abysmal anyways. Quiet > Brave because Whismur doesn't need a boosting nature in Attack to achieve its KOes but it does need it in Special Attack.

Of course Whismur is by no means a good Pokemon. A combination of low Speed, low power, and low bulk is never nice, as it makes Whismur overreliant on Trick Room, which it can't set up itself, and on low accuracy-high power moves like Fire Blast. However I think its niche on Trick Room set means it deserves recognition.

Now go tear me to shreds.

Nah, Whismur sucks - levi

Oh come one that's just not fun - Xayah
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    CST123, GMars, Aaron's Aron and 5 others like this.
  7. sam-testings

sam-testings

[1:44 PM] O_P: @[the best] sam-anhedonia wanna do koffing
    [1:46 PM] [the best] sam-anhedonia: yeah sure i'll take koffing
  8. blizzardy

blizzardy Link Together With All

Drew dropped Stufful. I'll take it over.

edit: jk lmao

edit 2: Altariel let me take over exeggcute

Approved - levi
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2017
    Fiend and sam-testings like this.
  9. parivard

parivard

Can I take Lord Skorupi?
  10. Drew

Drew formerly LitsYaBoi1337

Corporal Levi likes this.
  11. Temperley

Temperley Banned deucer.

12. Drew

Taking Scarf Snivy and Trubbish, both approved by Levi
  13. sam-testings

sam-testings

[12:11 PM] sam-testings: or can i just take growlithe, the dude hasnt been on since beggining of june
    [12:11 PM] sam-testings: er july
    [12:15 PM] OP: ya you can take that over

wee
    GMars likes this.
  14. Berks

Berks has a Calm Mind
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

I'm doing my Snubbull set
  15. OP

OP
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    LC Co-Leader

16. Gummy

Gummy send typecharts
    is a Pre-Contributor

could i take stufful?

ya - OP
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2017
    OP likes this.
  17. Corporal Levi

Corporal Levi
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

18. Nineage

Nineage Spooky Pachyderm
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

will do mixvull this weekend

i plan to call it Shrugaby until it is literally edited out of the post
  19. God Alphikarpic

God Alphikarpic

Hey, I want to reserve Magikarp. I know he's shit and all, but I know how Magikarp works.
    CST123 and woofmasterarf like this.
  20. OP

OP
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    LC Co-Leader

Sorry, we're not going to be giving Magikarp an analysis for the foreseeable future, it just has no competitive niche.

As a sidenote, Growlithe is up for grabs as sam has decided to drop it.
    CST123 likes this.
  21. God Alphikarpic

God Alphikarpic

Ahhh, I see... oh well, that can't be help after all.
    CST123 and OP like this.
  22. MeButYou82

MeButYou82

growlithe please!

Approved - OP
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2017 at 5:03 PM
    OP likes this.
  23. Drew

GIVE ME 1K LIKES SINCE I POSTED 1K IN A CAP FORUM

E:Squirtle is cool

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 0)

1. Drew,
  2. Hilomilo