SM OU Please help my team out first time posting

Hi everyone this is my first OU team I've come up with I like to try out other peoples team on here or use a older pokeaim road to top 10/ top 1 OU team but today I think I finally pieced together a team that has been pretty decent for me but I'm a OU noob so need everybody's help to improve my team

The team

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Alakazam is the main star of the team one of my favorite megas paired w leles Psychic terrain hits even harder and doesnt have to worry about sucker punch magic guard to ignore entry hazards I chose Psyshock to deal w chansey/SpD tanks and dazzling Gleam to smack dragons/mega sable/dark types who have taken chip damage

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Basic lele moveset but w a twist because everybody and there mom is running choice specs/scarf lele I like the freedom that Psychium z brings to the table being able to take on ferro and then my opponent think hes free to switch in thinking I'm locked in on HP fire then smack them w z Psychic

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-Turn

I love how hard specs Koko hits with electric terrain volt switch has a base power of 105 for crying out loud U -Turn is good for when I see a ground switch coming to keep momentum on my side

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Hawlucha and Koko go together like Penut Butter and Jelly they cover each other pretty nicely standard set I run Stone Edge to take on pesky Zapdos/flying types that threaten hawlucha

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Heavy Slam

Celasteela is a great switch in and covers the whole team very nicely very bulky and is good against stall teams that rely on toxic Heavy Slam surprisingly hits every poke pretty nicely fire Blast could be replaced w flame thrower I just prefer a little more power leech seed + protect + leftys is pretty nice Recover

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- rock tomb
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

My go to starter poke lays stealth rocks rock tomb can 2 hit ko a smogen setup tornadus-T I try to save explosion to take out a bulky water that the rest of the team struggles to take out like rotom-W

I know my team definitely needs some serious help I dont have any hazard support open to all suggestions

Threat list- rain
Pretty weak to hawlucha
+1 zard x
Probs a lot more flaws then a noob like me can see

Last edited:
One flaw is hazards. To get rid of these, you might want to use defog or rapid spin. I suggest replacing landorus earthquake to defog. I would also recommend for you to try out rotom wash instead of tapu koko. Might make a difference idk. It also has the same core too with hawlucha

One flaw is hazards. To get rid of these, you might want to use defog or rapid spin. I suggest replacing landorus earthquake to defog. I would also recommend for you to try out rotom wash instead of tapu koko. Might make a difference idk. It also has the same core too with hawlucha
I like it I'm going to try a rotom set w Defog to help w hazard control

wouldn't T-wave be better I mean I know it deals damage without switching but seems a bit redundant to have two electric types. Don't @ me just curious

wouldn't T-wave be better I mean I know it deals damage without switching but seems a bit redundant to have two electric types. Don't @ me just curious
I switched out Koko for
Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Discharge
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

My team has been putting in work since the switch I'm honestly thinking of putting toxic on cela instead of heavy slam to make him totally stall just had a match where he kept getting walled by slow bro

Hi, I’d like to suggest some changes as this team could use some work.

Major Changes:

Tapu Fini over Landorus-T
—->

This change gives the Defogger that you needed while also bringing a more sturdy Mega Charizard X and Hawlucha measure, which you were struggling with, and makes your Ash Greninja matchup much more manageable. It can also do somewhat decent against rain so long it’s played properly. This change also gives a secondary Heatran check should Alakazam be worn down and gives status immunity with the terrain. Speaking of the terrain, having a secondary terrain setter also lets you reset terrains so they don’t expire at inconvenient times.

Garchomp over Tapu Koko
—->

Since you’d need a new Ground-type and Stealth Rock setter, why not use one of the best ones around? Garchomp brings a another measure for Heatran as well as Mega Charizard Y and Tyranitar. It’s also generally a reliable Ground-type and Pokemon overall. Its Speed tier helps a ton for things like opposing Tapu Lele in a pinch and EdgeQuake coverage lets Garchomp beat Steel-types like Celesteela for Mega Alakazam and Tapu Lele in addition to the others like Magearna.

Kartana over Hawlucha
—->

Now that Tapu Koko is off the team and your team lacks a Choice Scarf user, Kartana can easily take the place of Hawlucha. Kartana benefits a ton from Tapu Lele making it priority-immune as well as its wallbreaking helping Kartana clean late-game. It can supply Knock Off support and can potentially Knock Off checks shared between its teammates, like Celesteela for Alakazam and Tapu Lele and Toxapex for Celesteela. Kartana can even handle things like Shift Gear Magearna that have gotten off a boost in a pinch.

Minor Changes:
Alakazam: Recover over Dazzling Gleam and Psychic over Psyshock. Recover may seem odd on a Pokemon like Alakazam but it allows it to consistently handle Toxapex, Heatran lacking Steelium Z, and Mega Latios lacking Draco Meteor. Plus, most Dark-types aren’t hit hard enough by Dazzling Gleam to justify its use over Recover. Psychic over Psyshock is because Psyshock doesn’t actually hit enough stuff hard compared to Psychic due to their difference in Base Power and Psyshock’s Defense targetting which still can’t beat Chansey and there isn’t much else hit by it.

Tapu Lele: Choice Specs over Psychium Z lets Tapu Lele become an even more destructive wallbreaker as the power is simply absurd and what you lock into can easily be handled with smart play. Also, freeing up the z move gives more freedom to your overall team composition to handle more Pokemon. Plus, z move sets without Calm Mind are not very good.

Threatlist:
Mega Medicham: This thing can crush almost every Pokemon on your team with High Jump Kick or even Zen Headbutt. This matchup is doable, however. As long as you constantly pressure the Medicham with smart pivots, entry hazard damage, and your faster Pokemon. Mega Alakazam can even stay in the first turn Medicham is in if it got in safely with impunity should Psychic Terrain be up.

1561087997441.png
Kartana: Although you have Celesteela, this Pokemon can really mess your team up as the Choice Scarf set has good potential to clean through late-game, especially since it Knocking Off Celesteela isn’t an uncommon situation. Meanwhile, Choice Band sets can blow holes through your whole team for a different sweeper on the opponent’s team.

Rain: Although you have Tapu Fini and even Mega Alakazam to trace Swift Swim, rain teams can be quite difficult to defeat. When playing them, be sure to apply constant offensive pressure with entry hazards, Tapu Lele/Mega Alakazam, and smart predictions. Also, Choice Scarf Kartana can clean through late-game should the potential Tornadus and Magearna be weakened into range.

Import: https://pokepast.es/0bd95d6c4e97fe4f

Hope you consider these ideas and hope I helped! Feel free to ask about anything if you have questions!

Hi, I’d like to suggest some changes as this team could use some work.

Major Changes:

Tapu Fini over Landorus-T
View attachment 181445—->View attachment 181444
This change gives the Defogger that you needed while also bringing a more sturdy Mega Charizard X and Hawlucha measure, which you were struggling with, and makes your Ash Greninja matchup much more manageable. It can also do somewhat decent against rain so long it’s played properly. This change also gives a secondary Heatran check should Alakazam be worn down and gives status immunity with the terrain. Speaking of the terrain, having a secondary terrain setter also lets you reset terrains so they don’t expire at inconvenient times.

Garchomp over Tapu Koko
View attachment 181446—->View attachment 181447
Since you’d need a new Ground-type and Stealth Rock setter, why not use one of the best ones around? Garchomp brings a another measure for Heatran as well as Mega Charizard Y and Tyranitar. It’s also generally a reliable Ground-type and Pokemon overall. Its Speed tier helps a ton for things like opposing Tapu Lele in a pinch and EdgeQuake coverage lets Garchomp beat Steel-types like Celesteela for Mega Alakazam and Tapu Lele in addition to the others like Magearna.

Kartana over Hawlucha
View attachment 181449—->View attachment 181448
Now that Tapu Koko is off the team and your team lacks a Choice Scarf user, Kartana can easily take the place of Hawlucha. Kartana benefits a ton from Tapu Lele making it priority-immune as well as its wallbreaking helping Kartana clean late-game. It can supply Knock Off support and can potentially Knock Off checks shared between its teammates, like Celesteela for Alakazam and Tapu Lele and Toxapex for Celesteela. Kartana can even handle things like Shift Gear Magearna that have gotten off a boost in a pinch.

Minor Changes:
View attachment 181450Alakazam: Recover over Dazzling Gleam and Psychic over Psyshock. Recover may seem odd on a Pokemon like Alakazam but it allows it to consistently handle Toxapex, Heatran lacking Steelium Z, and Mega Latios lacking Draco Meteor. Plus, most Dark-types aren’t hit hard enough by Dazzling Gleam to justify its use over Recover. Psychic over Psyshock is because Psyshock doesn’t actually hit enough stuff hard compared to Psychic due to their difference in Base Power and Psyshock’s Defense targetting which still can’t beat Chansey and there isn’t much else hit by it.

View attachment 181451Tapu Lele: Choice Specs over Psychium Z lets Tapu Lele become an even more destructive wallbreaker as the power is simply absurd and what you lock into can easily be handled with smart play. Also, freeing up the z move gives more freedom to your overall team composition to handle more Pokemon. Plus, z move sets without Calm Mind are not very good.

Threatlist:
View attachment 181452Mega Medicham: This thing can crush almost every Pokemon on your team with High Jump Kick or even Zen Headbutt. This matchup is doable, however. As long as you constantly pressure the Medicham with smart pivots, entry hazard damage, and your faster Pokemon. Mega Alakazam can even stay in the first turn Medicham is in if it got in safely with impunity should Psychic Terrain be up.

View attachment 181448Kartana: Although you have Celesteela, this Pokemon can really mess your team up as the Choice Scarf set has good potential to clean through late-game, especially since it Knocking Off Celesteela isn’t an uncommon situation. Meanwhile, Choice Band sets can blow holes through your whole team for a different sweeper on the opponent’s team.

View attachment 181453Rain: Although you have Tapu Fini and even Mega Alakazam to trace Swift Swim, rain teams can be quite difficult to defeat. When playing them, be sure to apply constant offensive pressure with entry hazards, Tapu Lele/Mega Alakazam, and smart predictions. Also, Choice Scarf Kartana can clean through late-game should the potential Tornadus and Magearna be weakened into range.

Import: https://pokepast.es/0bd95d6c4e97fe4f

Hope you consider these ideas and hope I helped! Feel free to ask about anything if you have questions!
I actually love whenever you give suggestions to peoples teams you always make them way more viable so I am going to run w the team you came up with forsure tysm ophion

I'm loving the new tweaks but I am super super weak to scarf serp he has made me lose my last 2 battles oof

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)