SM OU Please help me with my first team.

Hey guys! I just got into competitive battles and i want to know if this is a good team to start out with. Ant suggestions or inprovements are welcome. Thanks!

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Earth Power

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

You don't really pass Heatran if your Mew (which has 2 earth power btw :) ) is taken down. Maybe consider earthquake on your Charizard ? Even though I understand roost.

Not a huge fan of knock off on Clef... T-wave may help gain speed control, or wish to help your Charizard if it doesn't have roost.

And, I'm not an expert of Mew z-move, but maybe timid instead of modest ? Timid would allow you to outspeed landorus-t (not scarf) and gliscor and hit them with ice beam. It's also a speed tie with Charizard, Medicham-M or CB Victini

Enjoy ;)

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Do note that you need to input at least three lines of description on all your mons if you don’t want the thread to get locked.

A couple things:
  • Running Charizard without Defog/Rapid Spin support is asking for trouble, as it takes 50% damage just coming in on Stealth Rocks if it isn't Mega Evolved, and 25% afterwards.
  • Your team is very weak to Electric-type moves. They hit Celesteela, Toxapex, and Greninja for 2x damage, and only Mega-Charizard X resists them. Since you have absolutely no electric immunity, teams can pretty much Volt Switch on you freely and rack up a lot of damage in the process.
  • You have Earth Power listed on Mew twice, but I'm assuming that's just a typo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)