PlayStation 3 for $298.30 with $100 credit towards future purchase at Amazon

gdi I've been waiting for a bit to get the PS3 Move Bundle but how am I supposed to pass up on this :\ Any idea when it ends?

Thanks for bring this to my attention, looks like I'm going to have to con my friend into buying a PS3 from me.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unless you really want the extra 160GB for some reason (which isn't worth $100 considering I saw a 640GB 2.5" HDD for $50 last week), just get this and then use the $100 promo credit on a Move Starter Kit.

I'll have to go with that. I forgot that the PS3 will accept external hard drives. I'm using about 200 gigs of my Xbox 360 with 3 games installed so I like the extra space for peace of mind if nothing else, but I doubt I use the PS3 as much so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll have to go with that. I forgot that the PS3 will accept external hard drives. I'm using about 200 gigs of my Xbox with 3 games installed so I like the extra space for peace of mind if nothing else, but I doubt I use the PS3 as much so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Thanks for the suggestion.
200 gigs? On Xbox? Are we really talking about GBs here? I got the original Xbox 360 when it was first released which has some weird-ass 13.9 GB hard drive or something, and with one game installed I still have about 4 GB left. How is it possible that people necessitate such a huge memory?

Well, good thing I held off until just now. I'm going to have to check out Best Buy first (no sales tax in Alaska so I'm not losing out there). Also yeah that's what I meant regarding the hard drive, dunno why I said external.

I guess this is as good a place to ask as any: does anybody know if changing the PS3 HDD voids the warranty? I'll end up doing it regardless but if it does I'll definitely be holding off for a bit.

EDIT: Hmm, $50 with any other PS3, gonna have to weigh the odds there but probably sold on the standard console.

Oh man $75 for getting any Wii too, that'll be great with the Mario anniversary console. As much as I don't need a second Wii, I do need another controller (which usually runs about $50) and I'd like to own New Super Mario Bros. Wii as well (another $50). I could sell my current console to cover up the small difference ($25) and make a little extra. BAH too much going on.

@Zacchaus: Well, I meant to imply it's a 360, this late into the generation I figured saying just Xbox assumed as such. But to answer your question..

The majority of my memory goes to Arcade games and DLC. Games like Borderlands, Dragon Age, Fallout 3, and Rock Band each up a large chunk in DLC alone (Rock Band takes the cake at a collective 7GB). A lot of Arcade games are in the 500-800MB range, so those add up pretty quickly (I can't say for certain how many I've bought though). I have over 100 games with saved data but I'm not sure just how much of that goes towards game saves. So all in all, I like the extra space "just in case." However with the PS3 I pretty much plan on using it for exclusives alone, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)