Battle Spot Perfectly Ultimate mehm (ORAS Goodbye Team)

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
PERFECTLY ULTIMATE MEHM

banner by Kadew

PREFACE

Howdy folks, welcome to my first RMT, and last of the ORAS generation. This is the first time I've ever done an RMT, even though I've wanted to for a while. I thought that it would be a nice time to do it, with the generation ending and all. I also thought it'd be a nice time to put shoutouts, since I missed in my 1k. And I probably won't hit 2k until maybe next July or so. Just scroll down to the bottom if you wanna read the shoutouts I guess.

This team was intended to be just a joke at first, an amalgamation of various Battle Spot memes that we've acquired over the generation. Over time though, it started to become a more focused team and I've been striving to keep the gimmick but also keep it competitive. Jhon has helped me a lot with optimizing the team and keeping it around that focus. So thanks to him!

The team is based around a Mega Charizard Y sweep, with support from various meme-mons. The name itself comes from NOVED's weird co-worker who pronounces "meme" like "mehm".

TEAM_DEVELOPMENT

Originally, I just put six mons together. Seemingly at random, from whatever memes I thought of first. Ended up with this:

The team went through some changes as I started to play with it more. Onix seemed to not do anything at all, even though I really wanted to keep it. But I got so frustrated I eventually decided to replace it with Rhydon, thinking Rhydon's still novelty enough.

As I started using the team more, I realized it really succeeded when the strategy focused on enabling Charizard-Y, since it's the most solid Pokemon on this team. Gengar had a Choice Specs set and wasn't doing much, and I wasn't very fond of it, so I decided to replace it with Calm Mind Baton Pass Espeon, to help aid a Charizard-Y sweep.

As predicted, Espeon was totally horrible and really hurt the team whenever it was brought, so I decided to drop it yet again, and went back to Gengar by default, since I didn't really know what to put.

After that, I held off on using the team because it was losing a lot. Didn't know if I'd go through with it. But eventually I sought the help of Jhon and he really helped me to optimize the team to still be silly but more effective.

Gengar was dropped for Latias, which was a good blanket check to stuff like Blaziken, Heatran, and other dragons. Healing Wish also helped Charizard out a ton. Rhydon was dropped in favor of having Onix again, with a trapper set as recommended by Jhon.

And this is where we find our team now.

THE_TEAM

DETAILED_ANALYSIS

(sun)
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze (becomes Drought)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flame Charge

The main star of the team, literally. Name comes from the top tier Skype emoji, though in some versions it is CUSTOM LIZARD. This is probably the most reliable Pokemon I've used throughout the entire generation, so I thought I'd put him on the goodbye team. A great Pokemon that works immediately without the need for any setup. Flamethrower is used over Fire Blast, because I don't like missing. Focus Blast replaced Solar Beam, as I found myself walled by Heatran, Hydreigon, etc. and didn't really struggle so much with Water- or Ground-types. Hidden Power Ice takes out Pokemon like Landorus-T, Salamence, and Garchomp. Flame Charge pulls the whole set together, allowing it to be outspeed those things and take it out with Hidden Power. It also allows Charizard to sweep later on.

Standard Meganium
Meganium @ Occa Berry / Light Clay
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy
- Reflect / Synthesis
- Light Screen / Synthesis
- Giga Drain / Bulldoze
- Dragon Tail

Dragon Tail is standard Meganium. It can phaze out Suicune and other weaker setup mons. Dual screens are always useful, and help Pokemon survive stuff. Giga Drain is needed as this team really struggles with Water-types without Solar Beam on Zard. Bulldoze can be used to bait Heatran though, with Occa Berry used, and prevents it from being completely walled by Mawile (it is still pretty rough though). With the listed EVs Meganium survives Choice Specs Sylveon Hyper Voice.

From Pearl's suggestion, I added Synthesis as a slash to either of the screens. In the Sun, it gets a massive boost and makes Meganium even more annoying to 6tennis.

I mean it's onix
Onix @ Eviolite
Ability: Sturdy
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Sand Tomb
- Protect

Onix is the team's Stealth Rock setter, and trapper. Sand Tomb is an excellent trapping move that does decent damage over several turns. With the combination of Protect and Toxic, Onix can stall out certain threats, getting them out of the way. This also helps the team to trap Pokemon that can become setup bait for Charizard or Clefable. Similarly to Rhyperior, a Specially Defensive set helps Onix more, because of its already naturally high Defense.

From Theorymon's suggestion, I changed Sassy nature to Careful, because Onix actually does have pretty decent Speed to outspeed some uninvested slowmons.

I LOVED NOVED
Latias @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 12 HP / 4 Def / 236 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

A good glue mon. Draco Meteor is needed to quickly take out Dragons such as Salamence and Garchomp, before they boost. Thunder Wave is the best move ever. Psychic in combination with Safety Goggles allows Latias to counter Mega Venusaur and Breloom, so that's nice because those are not always easy to switch in to. Healing Wish gives Charizard a new lease on life and lets me play with him a little less conservatively throughout the game. The name comes from one of PikachuCandy's alts that I stole because he didn't register it.

Jim Boonie
Clefable @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Minimize
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight

The following description is intended for Jim Boonie only. This was originally a Modest set, but the team really struggled with setup attackers so I changed it to Unaware with a physically defensive spread and Rocky Helmet. Clefable is just a really good all-around Pokemon that patches up a lot of holes in the team. Thunder Wave is always good and helps Charizard to outspeed things. With Minimize it can hax its way past Pokemon it wouldn't be able to take many hits from, such as Mega Kangaskhan. This makes it a really good pick to use to blanket check many Pokemon.

Kanga Counter
Ferrothorn @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Bullet Seed
- Gyro Ball / Thunder Wave
- Bulldoze
- Explosion

The name itself is a lure, it's really a Heatran and Blaziken counter. Hidden Power Fire helps to take down other Ferrothorns, when you can't risk Charizard getting hit with Thunder Wave on a switch. Gyro Ball is standard STAB, and Bulldoze is used to surprise Heatrans and Blazikens. With the Focus Sash, it can survive their Fire attacks and hit 'em with a Bulldoze. Explosion is used when brought down to sash, if the Explosion will do more damage than Gyro Ball.

From Pearl's suggestion, I slashed Bullet Seed on Hidden Power. This is actually a Ferrothorn set that can find itself walled by Water-types and that is rather embarrassingly impotent so yeah, now there's an option for that.

From Theorymon's suggestion, I slashed Thunder Wave to help it even better deal with Charizards and Blazikens (knew there was a reason I had it in the beginning). Since you won't wanna use Gyro Ball with that, they're slashed together. If you really want a steel move though, you can drop Bulldoze for Iron Head. Ferro really is strapped for move slots though.​

Replays

Here are some replays of the team in action. They are pretty rough, but I hope they give you a sense of how the team works.

Some of these replays will show Pokemon or sets that are no longer in the final version of the team, but the main idea of the team is the same.

vs. ethan06
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-459971549

This replay shows off some mindgames with Ferrothorn and the usefulness of Flame Charge Charizard.

vs. ethan06
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-459982548

In this replay, Minimize Clefable shows its usefulness, by being able to defeat Mega Lopunny, a Pokemon that otherwise takes down the entire team.

vs. GroudonEmpire
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-462170902

This replay does not showcase anything in specific, but it's a nice battle against a top player. Also it shows how useless Gengar is before I dropped it.

vs. solerme
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-469536976

The sole replay of the team from the phase when it had Espeon and Rhydon, against the number one Espeon fanboy. This made me realize that Espeon really just doesn't fit in with the momentum of the team, so I soon dropped it. I think this replay showcases some strong decision-making.

vs. Fischgrat
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-472770770

A very fun replay, showcasing the trapping set of Onix. It shows off the strength of Onix in taking advantage of Choiced Pokemon, and using Toxic and Sand Tomb to wear down defensive Pokemon into KO range for Charizard.

Importable

Here is the importable of the team, so that you all can try it out. I am looking forward to seeing how better players use the team and what new things they can figure out for it.

(sun) (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flame Charge

Standard Meganium (Meganium) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Leaf Guard
Sassy Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Tail

I mean it's onix (Onix) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sturdy
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Sand Tomb
- Protect

I LOVED NOVED (Latias) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 12 HP / 4 Def / 236 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Jim Boonie (Clefable) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Minimize
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight

Kanga Counter (Ferrothorn) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Gyro Ball
- Bulldoze
- Explosion

Conclusion

Thanks for looking at my team. Special thanks to Jhon for helping with a lot of suggestions for the team. I hope that you try it and make suggestions, even though this metagame will be obsolete in a few days.

Last edited:

Hulavuta

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shout outs!

(These did not tag originally so I'm putting it in a new post)​
I meant to do shout outs in my 1k, over a year ago, but decided not to for some reason. I won't reach 2k for a long time at this rate, so I thought this end-of-gen RMT would be an appropriate place to do it. There are going to be a lot so just ctrl-f your name if you don't wanna read through all of it. There are a lot of people so I'll kinda be keeping it to people who are still active. So if you see it later sorry :(

I put a few sentences of what you all mean to be because I am really fucking sentimental, so enjoy it.

6tennis: I guess you get to be first due to alphabetical order. Anyway you are a good kid, I think you've improved a lot. You should come around more though we don't really see you much anymore. I remember in my interview I said that you were someone I thought could be a good contributor to the forum in the future and I think that's still true.

Ace Emerald: Yo man we haven't talked in a while but I remember you taught me a lot about battling so thanks man. I'm getting into VGC this year so maybe we'll be seeing each other more again, maybe even irl!

Adrian Marin: We don't talk anymore either...but man you were one of the funniest guys on the site, you always cheered me up when you were around. I remember playing you in Smash and just laughing hysterically the entire time. Your mime obsession is kind of creepy but also endearing. ALSO YOU ARE FROM HONG KONG DON'T TELL ME OTHERWISE.

Albacore: We don't really talk much anymore either but you were a good French friend. I never forgot about what you said about me in the Smogon LOVE thread, it really made me feel appreciated and something I took to heart.

Angeela: RIP IN PEACE. It is fun to talk to you occasionally on Facebook and Skype though. You're a good kid :]

Anirav: ANIRAVJAIN IMO. You were one of the users who came up when I was on hiatus, and I'd say you definitely had a better start than most new users. Sometimes you got too much attitude but all in all you're a really fun guy. Playing best of 9 CC1v1 with you every other day is a blast too, and it's cool that I can always count on you to get DBZ memes. Fight intense, be dynamic.

anto: You are a great boss to work under tbh, very fun to be around and joke with. And you've watched like a billion movies and just so happen to not see the ones I've seen :thinking: You really make The Flying Press a great place to contribute though, so thanks!

Aragorn the King: You are like one of the cutest users on the site tbh although you're all grown up now. It is always fun talking about cheesy 80s music with you and April Fool's Day 2015 is one of my favorite Smogon memories ever.

Arco223: Arcosian. You were a really fun guy when you are around, shame you're rarely on anymore. Snapchatting you was fun, you had some clever ones, but it's too bad that you don't use that anymore either. All in all you need to come back is what I am saying.

Audiosurfer: One of my best friends from a long time ago. We kinda went to different communities but you were always a fun guy to talk to. I always thought that you were very wise. Hope everything's going well for you now.

biggie: Yo biggie it's been so long now but you were a guy who helped me out and looked out for me a lot when I was a new user, so thanks :) You always make some funny and deep jokes too.

bobochan: Master of nicknames, master of GroudonEmpire impressions, opposite of master at predicting things correctly q:^) You are a fun and passionate guy to have around, we need to keep up the Asian count in Battle Spot.

Boehijt fischgrat maxgamer1: Ok I don't really know you guys well so you're all getting one shout out! But yeah you guys are the German Triple Threat tbh, keep it up. It's always fun to have a bunch of different countries around. Fischgrat in particular I hope you keep up the translations and maxgamer keep on being cute.

Buckert: Yo! You are one of the cool users to come out of the 3DS tournament and part of why I consider it a success. Also you look like such a pimp in your photos lol. Next year you and cant say ought to come here and we can all go out for drinks together. After I've built up my alcohol tolerance a bit of course.

cant say: Sometimes we have our disagreements but I don't think I could ask for a better co-leader. When you said you had the Co-Lead banner to make it not seem like you were the #1 guy that made me feel nice. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if we were just normal users again back in OI doing Orange League again, but I think we do a good job.

Carbonific: You were a guy who kinda came out of nowhere but quickly became a powerhouse in C&C. Your dedication to the section and professionalism encourages everyone to do their best. If C&C writers are the Star Trek crew, you are our Patrick Stewart!

Celever: The user who joined one day after me...we've gone through a lot of ups and downs together. I admit that many times over the years you had gotten on my nerves but in 2015 when you took the initiative and wrote that apology to me I thought that was very mature and grown-up of you and I really respected that. I'm glad that we're friends again.

Chenkovsky: You're always a fun guy to talk to, I remember your great line "It's not that I'm not sorry, it's just that I could be more sorry." Really a line I took to heart and use a lot. Your roasts and jokes are pretty creative most of the time. Glad that we're talking again, hopefully we both have some fun in VGC this year.

CoolStoryBrobat: You're a user I respect a lot, and someone I try to emulate. Your capacity for empathy is something I really admire because it is not something commonly found with most people (aside from me, the master of tact, of course). I wish I had your level of patience though.

Darnell: Cool to see you're back, didn't think it would happen! I know things didn't end the greatest between us, but I'm not the kind to hold grudges, so consider all that in the past now. Anyway, I remember when you were first nominated for ladybug and then you posted a thanks on my page, it was when I felt like I was finally a somebody on Smogon that newer users respected. So thanks!

Demantoid: Like anirav, you were a user who came up while I was away, and I remember when I returned you literally asked me if I played Pokemon. Thought you were kind of a rude boy at first but I started to like you more over time. Having you on the BSPL team added a lot of stability to the crew and lol Mishimono copypastas are the literal best.

DHR-107: You were really helpful to me and looked out for me a lot when I was a new user, so thanks. I know we don't talk much anymore and sadly I am not around Orange Islands anymore but I do have fond memories of the place. I remember you confided in me that you were concerned that you wouldn't get mod and then now you're the leader, haha.

DragonWhale: Glad I discovered you hehehe. You add a lot of fun to the forum, from the streams to the memes. You really stepped it up with running BSPL and really impressed us with how well it went off. I wish you would start playing again though, but alas.

Esmeya: Sometimes you give me a really hard time but I like you. Not really much to say except that I guess, haha.

ethan06: Thanks for doing stuff for me. Tbh it's hard to do a shoutout for a guy I talk to daily but man you are one of the oldest Battle Spot users and it's great that we're still kicking nowadays. You are a really funny guy with that Australian sense of humor.

Exeggutor: Yeah, we don't talk anymore but I thought I'd say this anyway. We've had some fun times together arguing way back when, I think you were definitely above average for your age. Laughing at funny videos together and ironically enjoying patomuzic were highlights. Also "sonion" has caught on with my friends and family irl.

Feliburn: Frenchman. You're not around much anymore but I'm glad we have fun together. You have a really wicked sense of humor that I like, not a guy who takes himself too seriously. Frenchy. Hopefully we don't get Jynx'd next April Fool's haha. That was a fun thing to go through with you though. Don't think anyone could've seen it coming.

flarz: Bruuuuh we only knew each other for a few months before you got banned but man you were a great guy. Kinda met you after first becoming a mod so I really have fun memories of that. You were one of the most involved users at the time and I liked that. Glad your parents stayed together, come back in S&M >:[

fleurdyleurse: you are a mongoloid. you don't have the team rater badge...

Flora: I have to admit, I have had a huge crush on you since you first posted on my article back in The Smog. I was always too shy to admit it though, so I thought I'd just bury it amongst all these other shout outs. I guess the people immediately above and below will see it, but with any luck you'll never ever return to the site and never see this! (For real though, I hope you're not actually dead)

Focus: Shmoosician! Movie nights were a blast with you way back when. You are a really good smash player! Hope everything is going well for you in grad school, I'll hopefully be going there myself in a year :)

freekhoorn: One of the older Battle Spot users, been around for quite a while. Your ideas are always fun, and you are a nice guy, keep it up!

GateCreeper: You are a really cute user tbh, I remember offering to help you out when you first joined, and now you're a regular. Hopefully you play more in S&M and bring back the boob avatars.

GatoDelFuego: Yeah what can I say you're like my best bud on the site tbh. Must be because I am so great. I think we are such good friends because of your wide range of interests (even though you know like zero bands) we can talk about pretty much anything, from memes to politics to movies to Smogdrama to whatever. Some of your opinions are wrong (The Force Awakens is a good movie and Digimon is better than Pokemon sorry), but I guess we can't agree on EVERYTHING.

General Spoon: Same as with Focus. We don't really talk anymore but still I didn't wanna leave you out 'cause we used to have some fun times together and I want you to know I still remember and appreciate it :)

GroudonEmpire: YO GE. You are a really funny guy and your constant obliviousness always makes me laugh so hard. Aside from that you make the freshest squads that actually work, like our own personal Japanese teambuilder. So that's such a blast, I remember cant say and I didn't like you 'cause you kept advertising your channel all the time but now you're a forum staple and everyone loves you. On another note I'm really glad that you confide in me with some of your personal struggles ._>

Haruna: Sucks that you stopped coming but you were a really fun person to talk to and play Smash with. I really like talking to younger people and teaching them so you were a fun person to do that with.

Haund: My mongoloid understudy. I don't really make friends much with people from other forums but I guess we became pals in the GP chan. You're a fun guy but how could this happen to me?

HispanicPanic: We haven't talked in like a year or anything but we had some fun times back in 2013 and I just wanted you to know I remember.

Hootie: I remember meeting you in #oi back in 2014 and we had some fun times trading and such. Kinda sad we don't really have much in common anymore, but we've just gone in different directions now and there's nothing wrong with that. That sounds really depressing but idk how else to say it lol

horyzhnz: Our relationship is literally based entirely only on Etrian Odyssey but I think that's good enough. You have beautiful eyes and immaculate hair. And thanks for showing me the top tier emoticon q:^)

Immortal: Man things are so different now than when we knew each other back in BABA, but yeah I didn't forget about you! Hopefully we get to battle more in S&M even though I don't do OU much anymore.

Its_A_Random: This sound kinda backwards but you are so funny because of your absolutely total lack of a sense of humor :D That's not necessarily a bad thing but yeah you are a really nice guy. The old OI days were such fun and something I look back at with fondness and the April Fool's 2015 was one of my favorite Smogon memories of all time. BIAR!!

Jukain: Kinda funny neither of us were ever following each other, but hey. I remember first meeting you in #dogbirds and thinking Jukain was a really cool name. Hope things are going well for you beyond Smogon now.

Jellicent: Another user that helped me out a lot when I was newer, gotta say it was useful to have a Super Mod friend, haha. I remember getting you drunk in that drinking game and you didn't realize that I was only 16 and drinking Coca-Cola instead of alcohol. Well in one more year we could do a real drinking game I guess, haha. Also fun talking about old music with you, you sure have a unique taste.

Jhon: You're a man of few words but I think you're a big boon to the community. Always good to have top players around, especially the guy who won an entire competition. Thanks for your help to the team, maybe you can help me more when I get into VGC, hehe.

Jibaku: You are a user and and player I look up to a lot tbh, you are just a solid all-around player and it's great to watch. Also a very professional guy. Just an all-around good role model, keep it up!

Jimera0: Bring back Learning with Jim and have me on it imo. But nah, you were a really intelligent user and good influence to me back in the old days in Mentorship and Orange Islands. Always thought you were a pretty good player too and you made some good posts like in OI about how people in college just stop caring that you like Pokemon. Hosting the Orange League with you 2-3 years ago with you was a real highlight of Smogon to me.

Jio: You were a user that stuck out to me back when I first joined because of your Elesa avatar lol, but it was cool that we got to know each other later on when you taught me a bit of VGC. Gonna get into it again this season so maybe we'll be seeing each other again. Just remember, Jesus loves you q:^)

Joint Cena: down syndrome lel. I didn't really know you too well before I was involved in PS, but your name was extremely memorable. I think we became friends when the Skype group came about, and I thought you were a nice and considerate guy 'cause you would keep helping me out when nobody could hear me and vice versa. So I'm glad we became buds, you are a really fun guy. Also I was really surprised to find you were actually good at the game :pirate:

Kadew: Yooo what can I say? One of my oldest friends on here, and always someone I can count on when I need art done. Having movie nights and Google+ hangouts in Orange Islands was such a fun time way back then, really something I look back at with fondness. I still remember just chatting in #oi with you and Deinosaur about your upcoming date and Stellar giving all the fatherly advice. And the time that we all thought I made you mad and leave and I had typed up like 3 paragraphs of apology and then you came back and it was all a misunderstanding. Fun times.

kamikaze: kamikaze17! Still not sure where you came from and stuff 'cause you kinda just got huge really quickly before I even knew you but it's cool to have you around Battle Spot and have that bridge between our community and doubles and VGC. Also you are a fun guy to talk about Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon with, watching the latest tri movie together was a lot of fun!

Karxrida: Lol we haven't even talked in like 2 years but hey. We're not really in the same departments anymore but the old times in #oi was a bunch of fun. You got in trouble a lot but we had some fun times together. Zodrida.

Kavatika: is wary. We don't talk much either but hey :D dogbird days are over I guess. It was nice to talk to you when we did though.

Kie: Tbh, I don't really know you very well. But you're a Battle Spot guy so I thought I'd give you a shoutout :)

Kingler12345: Hands down my favorite redemption story in all of Smogon. It's unbelievable how much you've grown up, from a guy who got turned down by everything and everyone to one of the most respected players on the site. I remember you returning in 2015 and confiding in me about your exams and that struggle and I thought you were just a whole new person now, so grown up. You've really made a great turn around and I'm glad I never gave up on you, even though there were a few times I had thought about it. Wish we still talked more but I guess we're just in different directions now, that's cool. stop deleting my messages imo though and make your avatar Porygon2 again.

Ksh13: One of the cutest users on the site honestly, glad to see you're going places. It's cool that we're friends, hopefully we can build those bridges between Battle Spot, VGC, and Wi-Fi. You are a really good guy, keep it up!

Lady Salamence: Lol, well we have quite the history together. I'm only just starting to discover the real you but I'm glad we're still friends, it could have ended a lot worse if I was not such an amazing person.

LegoFigure11: lizard mouth on head. well I kinda already gave you a shout out in the BSPL thread but yeah it's the same thing. You are a really fun and positive guy to have around, with a lot of fun and hype teams. Talking music with you is really fun too, not a lot of musicians on Smogon that are also fun to talk to, especially in Battle Spot. And thank you for bringing us the gift of a human being that is BigBootyAnimal

Level 51: We haven't talked in a long time either and you don't really play Battle Spot anymore but we had some fun times together so I wanted to give you this shout out for old times' sake q:^)

LightningLuxray: Just a fun guy to talk to, Samus fanboys must find solidarity with each other.

LilOu: Lol I don't think we ever knew each other that well, we only kinda knew each other through Shurtugal and Stone RG but you are a good and fun guy :)

Litra: I remember when I pegged you as someone who had seen a lot but was really reserved about it, and you pretty much confirmed I was right. I'm glad that you felt comfortable enough with me to share some of it. Also great that you're one of the few people who appreciates Digimon, hehe. Hope things go well for you.

Lord Alphose: Come back. Anyway you were a really fun guy when you were around, shitposting on Gato's wall was so fun and you inspired me to try to become as handsome as you are. Also thanks for introducing me to The Strike, they are amazing.

lucariojr: Maybe we'll meet irl sometime soon...you are a fun guy!

Magcargo: Another really good redemption story, though I wish you kept the 2 in your name. But it's better than The Loser of RU and I am chaos' bitch/I am koko's bitch. I think you were another user that didn't really get it at first but now you've got a really good grasp. You are a good guy, we have some nice memories together.

Martin: THE SHOUTOUT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!! You are yet ANOTHER great redemption story, actually it's kind of funny how quickly you became a good and upstanding user. Sounds arrogant af but I always feel great when I know that I was nice and friendly to these problem users from the beginning, before they end up making that turn around and become great users. Just makes me feel really good that I didn't give up on someone or judge them and it pays off in the end. I give you a hard time for tagging me all the time but I really do appreciate it when people notice what I do and appreciate me.

Mattapod: Really fun Wi-Fi guy, what you are doing for the Wi-Fi Tournament Forum is absolutely great. I'm glad that I've been helping out as well, and hopefully if my request in S&M goes through I'll be able to do a lot more work in the forum. But yeah you should feel good, you're like the last leg of that forum, so good job! Aside from that it's fun to talk to you about adult things since you're such an old fart. :D

Mekkah: You were really nice to me back when I joined even though you were a big admin and I was just a new user. But you were a very inclusive and welcoming guy and that was really fun, pranking DHR and all that. It was hilarious when we did follow 4 follow, sucks you're not an admin anymore but having an admin follow me was a bunch of fun, haha. Also thanks for introducing me to "Don't Say You Love Me" top tier song.

MikeAU: Can I borrow your credit card please. Nah though you're a fun guy to talk to, glad to see you around more again, even though I'm not too involved in Orange Islands anymore.

Ming-Ming: Get a name change to LightningKimba imo. Anyway you are one of my oldest friends on here, always supportive and kind and great to have around for breeding OML such a lifesaver. Also great that you are into Digimon, that's always fun to talk to about with you!

Minus: Wyvern56. You are a really fun guy to talk to, maybe it's kind of low that we only talk about Smogdrama but lol that is such a thrill. Felt nice in 2014 that you were a user that looked up to me to an extent. We don't talk much anymore and I know you're more focused on your RL which is good, I hope everything goes well for you.

Misaka Mikoto: We've been having our ups and downs right now but we had some good times together way back when. Hope you get through whatever is causing you stress and you can get back to your old happy self again. You know I'm always here for you.

Mishimono: You're another great redemption story to be honest. I remember when you first joined and tried to trade me a hacked Entei you claimed you could nickname. You deleted it but the squad will never let your old stuff die and will haunt your page forever. But yeah, it's cool to see how much you've improved, which is why I nominated you for voice. So I'm always keeping an eye out for you :toast:

Montsegur: It's been so long since we've talked I actually have zero memory of what you were like, it's kinda weird. But it's cool to see you back. Also Mad Max: Fury Road is absolutely amazing, it's literally a movie that is non-stop memes. Just amazing.

Mr. Uncompetitive: Apparently we grew up on the site simultaneously and witnessed all the same events but never crossed paths until meeting in the GP Discord earlier this year. But man we were just destined to become friends imo, you are a great meme appreciator. Thanks for introducing me to SiivaGunner/GiivaSunner, it has literally changed my life.

NixHex: Honestly, you are a user that I look up to and respect a lot. You are just a very intelligent and well-spoken guy imo. I always think it must be hard to be a Christian conservative on very outspokenly liberal Smogon but you've shown it doesn't really matter what your position is, if you've earned it people will show you respect. Hopefully you come back to Battle Spot in Gen 7, we really miss you! And it's good to have more musicians around too.

NOVED: Yeah...like ethan it's kinda weird to give you a shoutout when we talk daily so. Idk. You are a good guy, we have our arguments once in a while but you're a big asset to Battle Spot imo. Also cool that you were one of the older user. Also cool that we are the same age I guess so we can relate.

Nozzle: Hi Nozzle! We don't really talk anymore but you were fun to play Smash with way back when, I remember when it was me and Celever, him as Mr. Game and Watch, vs. you as Peach and we just had that standoff with our impenetrable wall of fried food and you kept trying to throw turnips over it. Good times! Hope things are going well for you now.

Pearl: You are a really great guy imo! Your friendliness and positive attitude is infectious in the best way; I really appreciate people who take the time to share their appreciation for things like you do. And your creative Battle Spot sets are comparable to GroudonEmpire. I hope in SM you get more involved in the forum and room and such, you are really a smart player and good guy to have around.

PikachuCandyツ: You are a really fun guy. Sometimes your antics got on my nerves but they've grown on me now. And I really respect that you apologized and accepted your punishment for that whole situation with Luiz, that was very mature and respectable of you. Wish you were around more, you are pretty fun. Down syndrome though.

Pikachuun: Uh idk what you even do here anymore but we were old friends and it's always nice to see you around. Whenever I see you we never have to catch up or anything we're just cool, that's nice. Kinda funny how far Makeshift has gone from its original intention lol, at least from what I hear.

princessofmusic: Like CoolStoryBrobat, I really admire your level of emotional intelligence and empathy. I really appreciate your help with that certain problem I had last month. You are a good person imo, also we have the same last name which is really cool. :D

Psynergy: TBH you are like the replacement of Its_A_Random in my Smogon life, the guy whose complete lack of a sense of humor makes him funny. Your Serebii smodding experience adds a level of professionalism to our community which we all appreciate. You were definitely one of the driving forces in starting up the community. Sometimes I think you are a little TOO reserved but you are a good guy to talk to about stuff.

Pyritie: Always thought you were a fun guy but I think this is one of those weird cases where politics actually brought two people together lol. Just gonna leave it at that.

Quote: Another old friend. We had some good times back then, you helping me with Smash and then us arguing about every single petty little thing. Although I think the fact that you caved and eventually got badges destroyed your integrity, which means that I retroactively won every single argument we had. Although...I did eventually get a banner, so I guess we're even. (jokes)

Ranger Mike: #freerangermike. You are a good guy, I had a lot of fun with you in the past. Didn't always necessarily agree with a lot of things you said or did but I always liked you. We don't talk much anymore but you are still a cool guy in my eyes.
☆*・゜゚・*HULA WAVE!!*・゜゚・*☆KEEP THE HULA GOING ☆*・゜゚・*LETS GO HULA !*・゜゚・*☆ \(^^)/

Ransei: Honestly I know nothing about you but you follow me around a lot so I thought you should just have this shoutout so hey.

Rare Poison: Honestly I was kinda wary of you at first, not joking at all I am very suspicious of users who have Tiering Contributor as their only badge. But you kinda came out of nowhere and kinda forced me to be your friend by just messaging me every day and asking me questions and stuff; it was kinda uncomfortable at first but you grew on me. So I'm glad things worked out, I consider you one of my best friends on this site now not to be cheesy or anything.

Recreant: There are certain new users that I can tell instantly are going to go places. One of them was Salt (who QUIT SO WHATEVER) and I'm proud to say you were the other. Like Pikachuun, we don't really talk much anymore but it's one of those things where we can just see each other and pick up like no time passed. You are a good person at heart I think.

Redew: DarumakkaImposter, one more year until we get you back! We need you to complete the three stooges routine with Gato. Man you were one of the closest users to me when I was starting out, so thanks. :)

Rowan: Hi! A good friend for a few months in 2013 haha. Kinda funny how neither of us had a badge but eventually we both became section leaders, funny how that turns out. Hope things are going well for you!

Ruby.: I really didn't wanna tag you but you follow me around a lot and bug me so I guess you earned it from pure tenaciousness. Your Halloween-era joke team with mono-fighting Hitmonchan was funny.

Russell Bestbrook: Yo dude go back to Captain Skywalker (well it's not possible now but oh well). You are a lot like Martin to me I guess. Just a fun guy to casually talk to once in a while. Not even sure how we became friends actually. But you like Digimon and Star Wars so you can't go wrong with that.

Sapphire.: Really cute user too. We've known each other for quite a while I guess. You got me back into doing acrostic poetry again so that's a plus I suppose. Honestly, we rarely ever talk about much of substance but your cheeriness usually lights up my day, so thanks!

Satisfaction: Honestly I never know if you'll see this but man you were so nice to me back then in BABA. I felt like we were a real tight crew and you were definitely the heart of the squad. I knew that you would leave eventually because you straight up said you probably wouldn't stick with Pokemon much once you got to college and married and all that, so I guess it was coming. Still miss you though! Also OMG going through the old VMs of you helping me with my girl problems that is so cringe. Amazing.

Sauropod: Dude you are awesome. Your art is the best. Thanks for doing my request. That's all.

Sephirona: Yeah you died and came back and died again so I dunno what to say really! You were so friendly and inviting to me when Smogon tumblr was still a thing, too bad it didn't go well although I really knew nothing about tumblr at the time so maybe it was a good thing I missed out.

Shame That: Dude you are awesome. Man I remember you posting on my page in the summer and saying you thought we'd be good friends and I didn't know whether to be happy or mad because I TRIED TO BECOME YOUR FRIEND IN 2013 AND YOU IGNORED ME but I was just happy it finally happened. Yeah we got a lot of stuff in common and it's fun to share and talk about that stuff with you. Hopefully the blog/channel actually works >_>

shaymin: Well, as far as I remember you're the first Smogon user I've met in real life. So that kinda adds a whole new dimension to our friendship. Who knew talking about Smogondrama could fuel hours of conversation? Amazing haha. One of my oldest friends on here, hope school is going well for you now.

shockwave527: One of the OI guys who came around during the XY hype period. I remember you kinda became an ambassador of the new users to him and I thought that was cool. Come back for S&M imo. Also I liked that Charizard page of yours long ago and then I finally started using facebook and it was just funny to see that like there. It's okay though, I like Charizard a lot now.

Shurtugal: Really nice user and fun person. I'm glad I can share some of my more degenerate hobbies with you like writing fanfiction, haha.

Sidfrid: Hey. Just for old times' sake here's a shoutout.

Snaquaza: You and Sapphire. are the cutest couple ever. Anyway it was nice to see you grow from the small OI guy to an OM contributor. I still remember when you were the owner of the channel #hulavuta and it was actually a fanclub, lmao. Shit, my signature was "join #hulavuta on synIRC for the official Hulavuta fanclub" for a while, wasn't it? Damn, the memories.

Snobalt: Man, you get yourself into trouble sometimes (in fact we met when you got mad at me for a misunderstanding, haha) but your heart is always in the right place and that's what really matters, I think. You're a good guy.

Solerme: Well I was friendly to you from the start after that whole Espeon analysis debacle, and you turned out pretty good. You were another user that I kinda could tell was gonna become a big user eventually. Glad you're a regular now, you are always a good guy to talk to about a variety of subjects, and you can appreciate cultured humor, hehe.

Solner: Glad you're back.

Sopheon: Well, pretty much the same shoutout I gave you in BSPL. Glad we got to know each other more, it was fun. Please help me become twitter-famous.

Sparkl3y: IDK what happened to you but oh well. Sometimes you are this sweet little girl and sometimes a supreme edgelord it is really weird. But like I've said before it's always nice talking to the youth and see them look up to me, you were one of my favorite users here.

spiresquire: Dude come back

Stellar: Dude, you are hands down the person I respect most on this site, and the rest of the site feels the same way. When people complain to me about how much they dislike SS they always add "except Stellar". You are always the most professional and level-headed guy in every conflict. I have you to thank for pretty much every every opportunity I had on this site, I don't wanna get sappy or anything but just thanks for believing in me man.

Superpowerdude: Bruh you're my mentor, what else can I say? Thanks for guiding me through the site and being my friend. Hopefully we can still go trolling on StarCraft 2 sometime before we die.

surgical_tubing: Fun guy in Battle Spot! Always great having a lot of adults around to keep the chat civilized, haha.

The Dutch Plumberjack: Man, I used to think you hated me honestly, lol. Guess it was just all in my head. You are a great GP leader and TFP staff, very helpful and flexible. So thanks for making it great to work at TFP. Read anto's shout out minus the movies for an extension of your shout out I guess.

Theorymon: I dunno if you remember this, but you were actually the first Smogon user I ever met and talked to! It was in #pokemon back in September 2012, and I announced that I joined and you said that Smogon was actually having a lack of new users lately. Well I guess the XY announcement kinda fixed that. But anyway, it's kinda cool that we work together now. Your positive attitude and enthusiasm for the game is legitimately contagious. cant say sometimes lamented to me that your enthusiasm kinda made him feel that he wasn't active enough, haha. We'll get you C&C mods eventually.

Tikitik: I remember when you first got your badge nomination and in makeshift you said "I probably don't know them" and I was like "yeah you don't" and then it turned out to be you, haha. We had some good times together, I'm glad that we're both involved in The Flying Press now so we can just have fun together again.

Transmuter: I think I just met you when you started tagging along with Sapphire. but I'm glad I did. Always good to have a guy I can talk to about Digimon until the early hours of the morning. (And Yu Yu Hakusho too of course)

Trinitrotoluene: Dude, you are my fucking hero, honestly. When I was new and saw your teams and strategies I just thought they were the coolest things ever. And then you tutored/mentored me and it was such a blast. You are a great and caring guy, hope everything goes well for you! (Oh yeah, you gave me that line too, and it's so useful everywhere, haha)

Typhlito: One of my best friends on here. We talk often so there's not really much to shout out but you are just a good guy. Very fun to talk to, you have a good balance I think, even though you don't like Digimon we can still be friends. Stop lagging in Smash though.

Ununhexium: A good redemption story too, though yours didn't last so long. Anyway you are a good friend to have around, always good times to be had. You kinda land yourself in trouble often too but you're a good guy. Always fun talking to the youth and it's nice to see you look up to me and think I'm funny q:^)

Viridi: To be completely honest, you are the user who most reminds me of myself as a young person, what with saying things impulsively and landing into trouble. You can decide whether or not that's a good thing, hehe. I'm glad you're becoming a better user and a better person and I'm happy to help and counsel you as much as I can.

vzxt: Always there to roast me but you're a good friend. You gave me so much free stuff it's insane, I really appreciate it.

Winry: Be Nicaea again imo. But anyway yeah, I remember Redew introduced us and we used to talk a lot. We kinda drifted apart now but I like that you dropped a message on my page last month. Also cool to know you like Digimon! Hopefully we can talk again more in the future.

wishes: I honestly don't know if we got in a fight with each other or just kinda drifted apart but here's just a shout out for old times' sake! I remember back in the Chesnaught days when you said that you decided not to quit the site because of what I said to you, and it made me feel really good.

Wobbanaut: Dude, SO glad you are back! There was a time in 2013 when I think I'd say you were my best friend on the site, so it made me so distraught when you left. Three years later though, you're back and it's great. And perfect timing too because I just got back into Digimon! Never leave again, okay? Also get that name change before the name is taken.

Xen: Great guy from the Orange Islands movie nights. One of my best friends on here, and always there to clone for me. Hope you get more active and involved in Battle Spot again in SM, we have fun times together!

Yagura: I remember you complimented me in 2014 that I was a mod but still acted friendly like a normal user. I really appreciated that 'cause it was what I was going for. I don't think we ever talked again past that year, but hey you got a nice mustache. Anyway, I hope things are going well for you in real life.

Yveltal: One of my best friends on the site, coming in at the XY hype. You are an unintentionally funny guy I think, like the kind of guy that funny stuff just happens to. Anyway you are a blast to talk to, hope you return in SM so we can chat again.

Zodiax: Honestly I don't think we ever knew each other too well, only chilled in mentorship a bit but hey here's a shout out for you.

Last edited:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
I was told by user: Hulavuta that I'd get an acceptable amount of likes if I posted here (note: this didn't really happen, but saying that makes it a lot more likely to actually get likes for this), so here we go.

Pretty sick team! I honestly have no clue why there's an Onix in front of my screen considering the lack of a LC tag in this RMT, but aside from that, this squad is a perfect example of why people lose their damn minds when playing this format, and I appreciate you for showcasing it. I'd consider running Synthesis on Meganium because having such a solid recovery move (considering Charizard's ability) on such an annoying and typically useless Pokemon will further help you tilting people off the earth's surface, which is always nice. I'd also like to suggest replacing Hidden Power Fire on Ferrothorn for a different move (could be Thunder Wave or even a Grass-type move, with Bullet Seed looking particularly nice here) so ABR doesn't sue you for plagiarism. Besides, you can already 1v1 opposing Ferrothorn with Bulldoze + Iron Barbs damage.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and good job separating your RMT from your shot outs in order to maximize the amount of likes gained in this scenario. Truly something only a mastermind would ever be able to come up with!

Last edited:

Hulavuta

Thanks for the rate Pearl!

Pretty sick team! I honestly have no clue why there's an Onix in front of my screen considering the lack of a LC tag in this RMT, but aside from that, this squad is a perfect example of why people lose their damn minds when playing this format, and I appreciate you for showcasing it. I'd consider running Synthesis on Meganium because having such a solid recovery move (considering Charizard's ability) on such an annoying and typically useless Pokemon will further help you tilting people off the earth's surface, which is always nice. I'd also like to suggest replacing Hidden Power Fire on Ferrothorn for a different move (could be Thunder Wave or even a Grass-type move, with Bullet Seed looking particularly nice here) so ABR doesn't sue you for plagiarism. Besides, you can already 1v1 opposing Ferrothorn with Bulldoze + Iron Barbs damage.
Synthesis sounds like a great idea, I'd probably drop one of the screens for it. Not sure which one is the best to drop though. I'm leaning to keeping Reflect, just because there are so many more physical attackers around. But Light Screen does help a lot with Heatran and Sylveon and such, so it's hard.

Hidden Power Ferrothorn I admit didn't work out as well as I would've liked, and it left me with a Ferrothorn that was unable to counter Water-types. Kind of embarrassing. I'll definitely change it now that the world knows I tried. It originally had Thunder Wave and I eventually dropped it, I think Bullet Seed is definitely the best move here.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and good job separating your RMT from your shot outs in order to maximize the amount of likes gained in this scenario. Truly something only a mastermind would ever be able to come up with!
Actually, the shout outs were originally in the OP but they didn't tag anyone because I copied it incorrectly. So I had to make a new post so they'd actually give people alerts. Kind of embarrassing. :pirate:

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the kind words Hula! Really cool team, too. Gotta admit I haven't really bothered with battle spot for almost two years but after seeing Onix and Meganium on a competitive team, I want to get back into online play, probably a long time from now like when gen 7 is released or something.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Should use Hidden Power Breloom instead of Ferrothorn for maximum memes. I'm a huge fan of the Latias set, random goggles mons that beat down on Loom and Venu are so good. Clefable looks too standard for this team, SubSalacCM + Endeavor Florges looks like it would fit way better tbh. Or maybe RestTalkCM Klefki lol

Hulavuta

Thanks for the kind words Hula! Really cool team, too. Gotta admit I haven't really bothered with battle spot for almost two years but after seeing Onix and Meganium on a competitive team, I want to get back into online play, probably a long time from now like when gen 7 is released or something.
Hmm well I wouldn't be too comfortable with Onix but yeah, I think this format does lend itself well to creative stuff. Like GE's Charmeleon team, haha.

Should use Hidden Power Breloom instead of Ferrothorn for maximum memes. I'm a huge fan of the Latias set, random goggles mons that beat down on Loom and Venu are so good. Clefable looks too standard for this team, SubSalacCM + Endeavor Florges looks like it would fit way better tbh. Or maybe RestTalkCM Klefki lol
HP Fire Breloom is a nice idea but I really think the team needs the bulk to stay together. And yeah, I've found some teams just happen to have answers to sleep and some don't, which I always thought was weird. Safety Goggles is a great item.

My end goal with this team was to have some silliness but for it to be a legitimate competitive team in the end (which is why I did post it in RMT). So I think Clefable with Minimize really is needed to fill up some holes; the team does need some bulk and stability to pull off some of the wackier stuff. Otherwise the team really gets rolled by Mega Salamence and Mega Kanga.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the s/o, glad that you appreciate my respect, and you're a good friend. Just thought I'd post to say that this team looks completely dope. In particular I like the Safety Goggles on Latias 'cause it is legitimately the most underrated item in the whole game and it really saddens me that it's not used more in singles.

So that this post isn't completely purposeless, have you considered running Tailwind over Flame Charge on Zard-Y? Being able to have +2 speed is helpful vs. people who bring sand vs. you given that you can tailwind as they bring Tar out and proceed to take out Tar with Focus Blast and not be outpaced by adamant Sand Rush Excadrill on the following turn. It also allows you to beat a number of scarfers that you get outpaced by otherwise, including but not limited to jolly Drill, jolly Lando, Garchomp, Terrakion etc. (I don't play much Battle Spot so IDK how viable some of these are as scarfers, but yeah just examples). The other thing of note that this does just off of the top of my head is that it allows you to outpace +1 Mega Blaziken, outpace +2 Blaziken and tie with +2 Mega Blaziken whilst being able to set up on their Protect--which makes it easier to stop a random Stone Edge or Thunder Punch from ending your sweep prematurely. That said, it loses the perk of being able to KO something as you set up which makes it harder to set up vs. certain things, and given how subjective a change this would be it's ultimately down to you whether you implement it or not and you know the team better than I do.

Hulavuta

Thanks for the s/o, glad that you appreciate my respect, and you're a good friend. Just thought I'd post to say that this team looks completely dope. In particular I like the Safety Goggles on Latias 'cause it is legitimately the most underrated item in the whole game and it really saddens me that it's not used more in singles.
Yeah, safety goggles is great, and never expected, so you usually get some good momentum from it.

So that this post isn't completely purposeless, have you considered running Tailwind over Flame Charge on Zard-Y? Being able to have +2 speed is helpful vs. people who bring sand vs. you given that you can tailwind as they bring Tar out and proceed to take out Tar with Focus Blast and not be outpaced by adamant Sand Rush Excadrill on the following turn. It also allows you to beat a number of scarfers that you get outpaced by otherwise, including but not limited to jolly Drill, jolly Lando, Garchomp, Terrakion etc. (I don't play much Battle Spot so IDK how viable some of these are as scarfers, but yeah just examples). The other thing of note that this does just off of the top of my head is that it allows you to outpace +1 Mega Blaziken, outpace +2 Blaziken and tie with +2 Mega Blaziken whilst being able to set up on their Protect--which makes it easier to stop a random Stone Edge or Thunder Punch from ending your sweep prematurely. That said, it loses the perk of being able to KO something as you set up which makes it harder to set up vs. certain things, and given how subjective a change this would be it's ultimately down to you whether you implement it or not and you know the team better than I do.
Yeah, Terrakion is not very common, and Excadrill is rarely Scarf but it's a legitimate threat nonetheless. Flame Charge also helps a lot with sash mons too, and the team doesn't really obviously benefit from Tailwind. But going first is always good for Clef and Onix to set up first. I still think Tailwind is a good idea, I'll slash it on Flame Charge.
Where's the Regirock nerd

In all seriousness thanks a ton for the shoutout, really appreciate the genuine kind words man!
Sorry, Regirock is not standard enough.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just got some minor nitpicks for your meme teme.

-Odd as this sounds, when I saw Sash Ferrothorn, I was reminded of that old Sash Ferrothorn that was running around in XY. It was similar to yours except it ran Thunder Wave over Bulldoze. That does contradict your Gyro Ball (and I remember some running Iron Head because of that + flinches), but something that is neat is that it REALLY messes up both Charizards, since they never see that Thunder Wave coming! It forces you to give up coverage tho which is a bummer, especially since you want to Bulldoze those other fire types.

-IDK why your Onix is Sassy. It actually base 70 Speed, so Careful lets you outspeed some really slow stuff like bulky Tyranitar which could be neat.

Thanks for the shout out btw! I will continue being me no matter what happens :D

Hulavuta

Kris you wanted a shout out so here is one for you.

Getting jynx'd on April Fools this year with Feliburn and Gato and company was fucking magical. Glad we all went through it together because honestly I'd feel pretty shitty if it was just me. the roasts were non-stop, I remember Misaka was actually so mad at us for referencing Briyella lol

Just got some minor nitpicks for your meme teme.

-Odd as this sounds, when I saw Sash Ferrothorn, I was reminded of that old Sash Ferrothorn that was running around in XY. It was similar to yours except it ran Thunder Wave over Bulldoze. That does contradict your Gyro Ball (and I remember some running Iron Head because of that + flinches), but something that is neat is that it REALLY messes up both Charizards, since they never see that Thunder Wave coming! It forces you to give up coverage tho which is a bummer, especially since you want to Bulldoze those other fire types.
Well like I said before, I had Thunder Wave originally but yeah it caused me a lot of problems. Zards are definitely a problem though, so I think T-Wave is a good slash over Gyro Ball, since you wouldn't use Gyro Ball with T-Wave anyway.

-IDK why your Onix is Sassy. It actually base 70 Speed, so Careful lets you outspeed some really slow stuff like bulky Tyranitar which could be neat.

Thanks for the shout out btw! I will continue being me no matter what happens :D
Lol yeah great catch. Honestly it totally skipped my mind that Onix could have any stats that weren't awful so I never even though of it lol. Gonna go change that now.

Very nice mehms.

I think on Clef you should try out CM over Twave. Minimize without CM is a little passive I feel, with CM you can turn Clefable into another wincon, right now the team looks like it kinda relies on Zard to win most games but I think with CM that could change a little. If you do that I think Kee Berry would be good over Helmet as well.

I think on Laitas you could try a rocky helmet set with Reflect+Roost. I think this would give you a more solid check vs. Kangaskhan. Set could be something like Reflect/roost/draco or psychic/twave or healing wish. Helmet latias is a pretty cool set, very similar to the bulky serperior set but can check some different things. Goggles are cool but you already have two grasses anyway, one is p good vs loom and the other is p good vs venu.

On meganium screens feels unnecessary, there is not much to abuse it on your team besides maybe Clef and kinda Zard, and neither of them need it that desperately. Typically you want screens for frailer set up sweepers. I think a set with Leech Seed & Synthesis would be a little more effective over Screens. Leech Seed sorta doesnt synergize well with Dtail but you can use those moves for different things ofc.

Keep up the good mehms in Sun and Moon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)