Patapon

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
For those of you who don't know, Patapon is kind of an older game (the first one came out in 2008 and the second one was released in 2009) for PSP. There's actually a third game, but right now I focus primarily on the first two (I like the idea of raising an army versus constantly upgrading one unit, which is primarily what you do in Patapon 3).

Anyways, Patapon is all about rhythm. You acquire 4 different drums over the course of Patapon and Patapon 2, and depending on the beat you enter with the drums, your patapons will do different things (move forward, attack, defend, etc). After getting several successful beats in a row, your patapons will enter "Fever" mode (improves your patapons abilities while active). The key to being successful in Patapon is maintaining "Fever" mode, and using the right beat at the right time (IMO).

Anyways, discuss all things Patapon in this thread. What is your favorite type of patapon (yumipons, dekapons, toripons, etc)?? What is your favorite patapon evolution (fumya, buhyokko, gyaba, etc)?? I like all types of patapons, but I think right now the mahopons (wizard/magic patapons) are my favorite. In terms of evolutions, gyaba and mogyu (the demon one) are my favorites just because of how badass they look. However, I probably use that plant and mushroom patapons (can't remember the names) the most (because of their knockback and sleep effects; good for farming bosses). Anyways, I could talk about this all day, but I'll let you do that in the thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)