Past Gens Analysis Reservation Index

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resources for users new to C&C:

Alright, this reservation index works a bit differently than others. We don't have a list of things that need to be written. Instead, most of the analyses we need already exist, but many of them are outdated at this point and could use revamps. So, if you'd like to write a revamp (or an analysis for something that is missing), just post here and wait for a thumb's up to get started.

When creating an analysis, select the appropriate generation's tag (and include the format in the title, e.g. OU, LC, etc.). Add [WIP] to the title of your thread while it's being worked on, [QC X/3] when you're ready for Quality Control to look it over, [GP X/2] when it's written and ready for Grammar / Prose checks, and [Done] when it's ready for upload. Please post an outline (or "skeleton") of your analysis first, and only write it up after it's cleared 2 Quality Control checks. After it's written, get one final QC check before moving it on to Grammar / Prose.

Last edited:

apokemontrainer68

Banned deucer.
Is it possible to reserve Pidgeot (for gen 1 specifically? i have experience using it)
Oh yeah sorry for these many deleted messages since you know decisions.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Gen 4 Magnezone could really use a polish-up. Endure + Custap isn't mentioned anywhere, and that's probably because this analysis has barely been tampered with since a long time ago.

I've run it a few times in recent DPP Tournaments and friendlies, so just wondering if at the very least we could approve that set to be added.

I wanna reserve Zoroark for both gen 5 and 6 uu. Is that ok?
both exist already. do you have anything to add to either?
http://www.smogon.com/dex/bw/pokemon/zoroark/
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/zoroark/
Is it possible to reserve Pidgeot (for gen 1 specifically? i have experience using it)
Oh yeah sorry for these many deleted messages since you know decisions.
there's already an rby pidgeot analysis, so gotta ask what you'd have to add to that first. it's generally a worse dodrio, which isn't a great mon to begin with...

and no sweat, dude :P
Gen 4 Magnezone could really use a polish-up. Endure + Custap isn't mentioned anywhere, and that's probably because this analysis has barely been tampered with since a long time ago.

I've run it a few times in recent DPP Tournaments and friendlies, so just wondering if at the very least we could approve that set to be added.
yeah, that's cool. if you think it just needs a full revamp at this point, feel free to go with that instead~

apokemontrainer68

Banned deucer.
Ok now i made a decision on something that isn't there on a tier that has quite the number of analyses for generation 1.
I could cover Haunter what do you think?.

both exist already. do you have anything to add to either?
http://www.smogon.com/dex/bw/pokemon/zoroark/
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/zoroark/

there's already an rby pidgeot analysis, so gotta ask what you'd have to add to that first. it's generally a worse dodrio, which isn't a great mon to begin with...

and no sweat, dude :P

yeah, that's cool. if you think it just needs a full revamp at this point, feel free to go with that instead~
Yea gen 5 could use a SD set tbh. A choice band set can actually be viable because zoro has uturn but slightly more difficult to utilize. Also want to add some pokemon that make great cores/duos with zoroark to disguise as such as toxicroak/infernape just to name a few.

Yea gen 5 could use a SD set tbh. A choice band set can actually be viable because zoro has uturn but slightly more difficult to utilize. Also want to add some pokemon that make great cores/duos with zoroark to disguise as such as toxicroak/infernape just to name a few.
don't think there's need for full revamps, but if you want to do a bw sd set, i'm chill with that~

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think it'd be nice if someone wrote a DPP OU analysis for Clefable. It does have a UU analysis, but that doesn't even mention Knock Off which seems to be standard on it in OU.

Would anyone mind if I work on revamping some of the ADV stuff? Stuff like Jirachi,Zapdos,etc. come to mind

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I will take Gen 4 Ubers Tyranitar.

It won't get done very quickly, but it will get done.

A couple of questions.
1. A lot of analyses were deleted, mostly I assume due to them being incomplete or the people reserving them didn't continue actively working on them. Would I be correct with this assumption?
2. Can I reserve Clefable for DPP OU, it is fading from the meta but still a more than viable pokemon in OU. It doesn't even get a mention in OU by the dex.
http://www.smogon.com/dex/dp/pokemon/clefable/
If allowed to do this analysis, It won't get done immediately but I plan to get it done in a timely manner.

A couple of questions.
1. A lot of analyses were deleted, mostly I assume due to them being incomplete or the people reserving them didn't continue actively working on them. Would I be correct with this assumption?
2. Can I reserve Clefable for DPP OU, it is fading from the meta but still a more than viable pokemon in OU. It doesn't even get a mention in OU by the dex.
http://www.smogon.com/dex/dp/pokemon/clefable/
If allowed to do this analysis, It won't get done immediately but I plan to get it done in a timely manner.
1. Yeah, mostly ones with no progress for years prior the forum merging.
2. Definitely, Clefable is viable enough for a DPP OU analysis.
Can I reserve Drifblim for DPP NU ?
Yup ^.^

Analyses going up for grabs:
  • BW OU Excadrill - never actually got an OU analysis since dropping down from Ubers
  • ORAS OU Dugtrio Revamp - Arena Trap was banned, so this would be more of a "why you shouldn't use Dugtrio in OU, but if you really want to, here's the best it can do" type of deal

Gen1 UU being this month spotlight have a little resurgence and I'd be glad to help improving analysis of mons from that tier. First of all, most of analysis seem to be written from the perspective of OU play which is quit a bit different. Even if the standard set used is the same the list of checks, counters, good matchups is completely different. Not to mention that only a few UU mons (such as Persian) have their niche in OU, most of them are completely outclassed and there is no reason to use them at all. Also some NFE mons that can be succesfully used in UU (Graveler, Haunter, Kadabra) don't have an analysis at all (although Haunter has been already submitted in that subforum).

After a few days of semi-intense playing gen1 UU I also found out that what smogon presents as standard set is at best only one of the alternatives.

Gen1 UU being this month spotlight have a little resurgence and I'd be glad to help improving analysis of mons from that tier. First of all, most of analysis seem to be written from the perspective of OU play which is quit a bit different. Even if the standard set used is the same the list of checks, counters, good matchups is completely different. Not to mention that only a few UU mons (such as Persian) have their niche in OU, most of them are completely outclassed and there is no reason to use them at all. Also some NFE mons that can be succesfully used in UU (Graveler, Haunter, Kadabra) don't have an analysis at all (although Haunter has been already submitted in that subforum).

After a few days of semi-intense playing gen1 UU I also found out that what smogon presents as standard set is at best only one of the alternatives.
RBY UU analyses would be cool to have (most of what's there is like a decade+ old, haha), though it's probably better to hold off until after potential suspects have been cleared up, since it'd be a shame to have to revamp or delete something a month or two later.

RBY UU analyses would be cool to have (most of what's there is like a decade+ old, haha), though it's probably better to hold off until after potential suspects have been cleared up, since it'd be a shame to have to revamp or delete something a month or two later.
Fair point. By the end of the month we will have a much better picture of this format.

Oh Excadrill BW for OU needs an analysis? I'll take that if that's possible. Moreover i'll also create an SD set for zoroark BW UU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)