Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Where's that "hog is an even bigger ult battery" change, I'm really looking forward to how Blizzard will somehow make hog actually tank

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Quick thoughts on Hog. I think he does need a rework into a proper zoning tank, rather than his old shieldbreak / flank tank. I think his Hook range should be decreased to like 15m, and revert back to his strong damage, and Hook CD reduced to like 6 or lower. M2 reworked to a reliable shield break damage that doesn't instagib 200HP heroes randomly by being a normal projectile ball that does like 120 dmg and disintegrates after some distance rather than exploding, and cannot headshot. Self heal heals for less but gives Hog a ~20% damage resistance for 4s.

Something like that ? It's a rough thought, but what I have in mind is basically make him kinda like a Taunting tank where if you want to dive or fight their team, you need to respect him close - mid range rather than mid - long that it was previously. He'd have reliable shield break and mid range damage, and one shot potential is limited to close-mid range hook / m1. Damage resist to let him face tank like Orisa once in awhile instead of putting full reliance on main tank. Also helps vs dive if you can use it before they engage. 15m should be an okay range with a lowered cooldown. It's basically a you dont want to fight him range without being obnoxious like he previously was. I don't think he was OP, but he was dumb. This should define his role as a 'taunt' tank much better.

The McCree change was a long time coming, it should have been done ages ago. As a former Pharah main the Zarya buff makes me very happy because I'm petty and I used to be salty that she couldn't fly out of it while shit like Genji's dash and Dva's boost let them escape. Reaper change is nice too even if it is a bit unnecessary at this point, I think he's in a pretty good spot right now.

Also I hit masters tonight! Shout out torb turret for the carry.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Reaper's teleport is still useless in combat, it's just a QoL change so the enemy doesn't know where you are... when teleporting out of combat!

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Where's that "hog is an even bigger ult battery" change, I'm really looking forward to how Blizzard will somehow make hog actually tank
I'm expecting some kind of damage resistance on hog honestly. I dont think they are going to just keep giving him more HP when he already feeds so much.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Howdy! To 20% NA D.va main here! Really cool to see such a large OW community here.

Anyone else feel like Doomfist was underwhelming when he first released and now they're nerfing him to fit a meta that's going to change once he goes live anways?

I've always felt like the Dev team takes way to much feedback from the YouTubers of the community and not from the people actually spending hours on the PTR.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd really like for Defense heroes to actually have more defensive capability than they do at the moment, a lot of people seem to think they're troll picks or just DPS. Like let Junkrat and Widowmaker place up to 3 traps or mines but keep the cooldown quite high so they can hold locations better, maybe make Hanzo's Sonar Arrow turn all his arrows into Sonar Arrows for 4 seconds with a longer cooldown so he can keep tabs on a larger area or multiple flank routes, make Torbjorn Armor Packs visible through walls and maybe make them a little bigger, etc.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
As a 60% winrate one-trick torbjorn, I know a single buff that would help out attack torbs incredibly.

Dear blizzard: Allow torbjorns to have up to 2 level one turrets on the field at once, with the other one automatically self-destructing upon upgrading one of them. This would give torb an easier time attacking on control points or KOTH maps (his worst maps to attack on lol) as he could contribute more DPS while still exerting a reasonable amount of area control with the 2 turrets (can't waste time upgrading in the team fight).

I know attack torb is a meme playstyle and all, but I can dream.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
I hope they buff Junkrat soon, I already have 60% winrates with him I can use more power.

I think he's fine. He absolutely shuts down Doomfist and from experience (100+ hours on Dva, top 20% NA Dva 72% winrate) I feel like Dva is the only real hard counter to Junkrat (80+ Hours of Junkrat, 60% winrate). A well kept D.va can pretty much make a timid Junkrat useless.

Yeah D.VA is a pain for Junkrat players, Zarya you can play around with by stopping and re positioning until her bubble is off but D.Va can turn the DF almost consistently. And then there's the Pharah switch the moment you murder your team and no one does anything about it. Good thing there are a lot of control maps with tight areas and many places for cover.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Yeah D.VA is a pain for Junkrat players, Zarya you can play around with by stopping and re positioning until her bubble is off but D.Va can turn the DF almost consistently. And then there's the Pharah switch the moment you murder your team and no one does anything about it. Good thing there are a lot of control maps with tight areas and many places for cover.

My girlfriend has discovered that a junkrat can't really shut down D.va, but they can easily force her out of position by just running around her and shooting nades forcing her to DM in a circle or to boost away.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Also what are people's thoughts on the buff to Roadhog Blizzard is currently testing? They've made it so that Take a Breather gives Roadhog -50% damage taken for its duration (2 seconds) and allows Roadhog to move while using it. Sounds interesting but I haven't played enough Roadhog to really have a valid opinion on it. Sounds like it could allow for some shenanigans like taking a D.va bomb from almost full health, tanking Junkrat tires, etc. Not sure whether this is going in the right direction or not.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Also what are people's thoughts on the buff to Roadhog Blizzard is currently testing? They've made it so that Take a Breather gives Roadhog -50% damage taken for its duration (2 seconds) and allows Roadhog to move while using it. Sounds interesting but I haven't played enough Roadhog to really have a valid opinion on it. Sounds like it could allow for some shenanigans like taking a D.va bomb from almost full health, tanking Junkrat tires, etc. Not sure whether this is going in the right direction or not.
I love the fact that this change gives hog much more staying power during the mid fight, but hog is still a "wait on hook cooldown while trying to survive" character, seeing as his gun is somehow worse after the change, just dealing damage that won't help in any important picks. I feel his hook cooldown should go back down to 6 seconds to help with his punish-heavy playstyle and just to give him a better flow while playing.

Hog isn't fun to play when all you're doing is waiting on the hook cd

Junkrat has 2 charges of his Concussion at blizzard's internal testing which means a triple jump if you lay one down first and wait for the cool down. This is YUGE, no idea about what the damage will be otherwise killing Pharah's might be something your team will yell at you from now on.

Ult may have higher health or be faster which is the preferred option.

TIME FOR A SHOCK!

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
On hog:

Hog would be balanced as is in a slower meta imo but tracer just fucks him up too bad and dva will deny him most kills. I dont think the neerfs were as bad as people are saying as good hog can still instakill squishies usually he's just not doing 2/3 of a tanks hp with a single left click anymore which was always incredibly stupid.

On defense heroes:

Junkrat buff is probably a good thing.

Torb could use a little help just making his turret have armor or something so dva has a harder time killing it. Another option is letting him repair + upgrade at the same time, or give him a way to set a specific hero as the turret target. He should be very good at harassing tracer or genji but dva and Winston and soldier can just instantly delete his turret from existence

I think bastion is kind of bad but if he got buffed he could be total cancer again. Maybe making him immune to cc like sleep or hook while in sentry could help, idk.

Hanzo is fine but I think he could use a rework, undetectable walls don't belong in this game and lots of people hate scatter.

Widow could use some work. Currently the problem with widow is she isn't a very good team player. She doesn't synergize with much and she is countered by a lot. Her ult is poor. It takes very little skill to use properly (basically just don't waste it when you won't be able to snipe), and has low impact. It needs to be reworked to last longer or give some other passive buff while it's activated so it's actually somewhat scary and lets her combo with other heroes. I also think venom mine could be reworked. It's a sort of boring ability that isn't very good. You could give it multiple charges that don't do nearly as much damage, but let her scout out multiple flank routes for her team, maybe revealing heroes affected by it. Idk just an idea.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
The Junkrat buff is going to be really sketchy. There are some incredible Junkrat players out there who (as of right now) can "lane control" better than any other hero. Junkrat has always been stupidly underrated. My girlfriend is unstoppable once she gets into full Junkrat mode. It's always entertaining hearing a team tell her to switch off, then watching her card get upvoted and people get salty at her POTG.

I can see that being an argument for any buff though, "people are so good with that hero buffing is dangerous!". However, I think in this case, it might make Junkrat become a sort of Noob-friendly pick like he used to be...just keep shooting and throwing mines and eventually you'll have impact for your team, right? Well...sadly that's true. I can see this buff either going incredible downhill or being something only major JR players care about. I'm just afraid of all the people autolocking junkrat and ruining the hero for people who actually play him....

but speaking of Autolocking a Hero...

Happy Doomfist Day everyone. Let's all go be disappointed together!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)