Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v4 (CLOSE)

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Brave Bird
Requesting a team built around double dance Lando-T and SD spdef Talonflame. These are two dangerous set up sweepers, especially late game, who share similar checks in Lando-T, Rotom-W, Slowbro, Tankchomp, etc. Talonflame's ability to spread burns is extremely useful and makes weakening the shared checks a lot easier. Lately, a lot of people have been relying on Lando-T to check physical attackers, so Talonflame's ability to burn it and DD Lando-T's ability to set up on non HP Ice variants is extremely useful in this meta. Both spreads hit 303 speed, 1 point faster than Jolly Drill, but feel free to change them around if you want however I would prefer that Talon stays spdef and not attack invested

H.M.N.I.P

https://youtu.be/pIr6TjG7Rko
is a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Brave Bird
Requesting a team built around double dance Lando-T and SD spdef Talonflame. These are two dangerous set up sweepers, especially late game, who share similar checks in Lando-T, Rotom-W, Slowbro, Tankchomp, etc. Talonflame's ability to spread burns is extremely useful and makes weakening the shared checks a lot easier. Lately, a lot of people have been relying on Lando-T to check physical attackers, so Talonflame's ability to burn it and DD Lando-T's ability to set up on non HP Ice variants is extremely useful in this meta. Both spreads hit 303 speed, 1 point faster than Jolly Drill, but feel free to change them around if you want however I would prefer that Talon stays spdef and not attack invested
Taking this one, might post it tomorrow though!

Hi! I would really like to see a team centered on this beauty:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Since I really like difensive sinergy,I was thinking to pair it with something like Sceptile-Mega (free Lightningrod boosts) and Heatran (near-perfect sinergy),but I leave freedom to the builder :D
Thank you!
Since I wrote it in my comment,I add him to complete the core:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

So that the core is:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

I feel an idiot for not hosting it before lol
Anyway,the same thought on teambuilding on this still applies to the current core. :)
Thanks!

Heya! First of all, I gotta say good job to all the teambuilders. All teams produced here are really fun to use, and I wish you to keep up the good work.

Now onto my request. I would like something featuring Gliscor and Ferrothorn. This is one of my favorite defensive cores while I'm building a team, and I often find myself relying a lot on them to deal with the multiple offensive threats of the metagame. As such, I hope you will manage to create an interesting team with them.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Toxic
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave / Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

The premise of this core is quite simple: to tank hits and to wear down and/or cripple the competition in order to let a wallbreaker or sweeper attack more easily. The two synergize quite well, with Ferrothorn breaking down opposing Water-types for Gliscor and punishing physical attackers, especially the ones that carry Ice Punch, while Gliscor helps out against opponents carrying Fighting-type coverage and Fire-types, like Heatran.

A Keldeo check would be highly recommended, since it can otherwise demolish this core. Feel free to change the spreads and movesets as needed.

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Freeze-Dry
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Just a naughty ball of ice that you pretty much never see in OU. Ice is a fantastic offensive type, and Mega Glalie comfortably sits in the same Speed tier as Mega Medicham, Mega Charizard X and Y, Mega Gardevoir, and Manaphy. Mega Glalie has some great wallbreaking capabilities, as it easily 2HKOs Ferrothorn, Clefable, and Mega Sableye. Freeze-Dry is great utility, 2HKOing stuff like Rotom-Wash and Mega Slowbro. Some people might switch in Heatran thinking Mega Glalie can't touch it, but little do they know, Earthquake cleanly OHKOs Specially Defensive Heatran.

Whatever this team looks like, it definitely needs solid answers to Mega Scizor and Sand. Thanks in advance!

Okay, I'm deleting my old Zard X + Keld post since I already have a team for it. Instead, I'd like something built around this mon:

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

I know this guy was good back in early ORAS, but dropped in usage. Still, I'd love to see a bulky offense team built around it. Because of its low speed I think this is the only way to build it, but the sets and team members are free to be deicded upon by the builders. Cheers!

wyc2333

A=X+Y+Z Y: Hard Work
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute
Latios can surprise Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Azumaril, thus letting Mega Gyarados sweep.

Expert belt mew

Mew @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

The king of lures. Offensive mew is a monster because of its insane coverage, allowing it to lure in key threats like lando, heatran, and clef. It's a pretty flexible set so coverage/ ev spreads can be changed. Thanks in advance

Core:
+ Sand by hublo

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Excadrill @ Life Orb / Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Charizard-Mega-Y (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic / Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 8 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

In Pursuit. Like Phoenix Wright.

I'd actually already put this team together a while back, before the OLT ladder, but I think it's still a consistent Charizard-Y sand build in the current metagame. Charizard-Y builds are all going to end up looking fairly similar so the team structure wasn't hard to put together. Band Tyranitar rips apart stall builds with Banded Crunch if you manage to hit your Stone Edges and provides sandstorm and Pursuit support for Latios, Heatran, and specially defensive Talonflame, which are the most common checks on people's teams for Charizard Y. I was initially running the faster 156 Spe spread, but during playtesting the team proved to want more survivability against Surf Latios, which is exceedingly common now. Max HP gives you a chance at surviving Latios' Surf into Draco Meteor if Rocks aren't up, but you're almost always going to want to try and get Tyranitar in safely against Latios to ensure a guaranteed Pursuit and limit the damage that it can do if it's Surf. You still outspeed Clefable and can pressure out Skarmory on stall builds with Charizard, so it's not a terrible trade. Excadrill provides speed control for the team under sand, a check to non-Flamethrower Clefable, and an obligatory threat the vast majority of offensive teams. Swords Dance gives you breaking power for a slightly weakened opposing Landorus, Tangrowth, and the ability to flinch down Rotom-W at +2 with Rock Slide if going to Latios to check it is bad given the game's circumstances. Jolly and Life Orb because outspeeding Adamant Medicham outside of sand is a huge boon for this team, and you need Life Orb to 2HKO Tangrowth at +2 with Iron Head. Charizard-Y is Timid to tie with Manaphy and beat out Jolly Excadrill when you remove sand with Drought, so that you're not forced into Landorus each time on Excadrill. Air Balloon and Modest are also options if you don't believe that those are necessary, but I think they're the most optimal sets that you can run as of right now.

I admit to falling back on this core a lot, but Latios + Landorus + Keldeo was the most effective means of ensuring that you cover as much as is necessary defensively while increasing the efficacy of the Charizard-Y + Band Tyranitar starting core. Defog Latios was necessary because Excadrill doesn't have Rapid Spin and therefore can't clear Stealth Rock for Charizard-Y, and it takes on the standard Water-types in Keldeo, Volcanion, and Manaphy. I opted for Psychic as its coverage option to handle slightly weakened Azumarill after Belly Drum while also taking on physically inclined Clefable, which is becoming a popular option for handling Lopunny and Medicham far, far better than specially defensive. However, if you find yourself overly annoyed by Skarmory, try out Thunderbolt, which still handles Keldeo and Azumarill but falls short against Clefable. This mostly matters because your primary Clefable check, Excadrill, takes recoil from attacking and Band Tyranitar is prone to being haxed out with Stone Edge misses. Landorus-T provides Stealth Rock, a Lopunny check, a Pinsir check, an opposing Excadrill check, and a secondary Charizard-X check. 8 SpD for Mega Manectric HP Ice and 88 Spe for neutral Bisharp, Breloom, and Volcanion, as per usual. Stone Edge is basically mandatory with how the ladder is right now (birds), but you can try out HP Ice if you want to force opposing Landorus-T into being weak for Excadrill. Finally, the team is blown away by Weavile and hates handling Diancie, Lopunny, and Mega Gyarados outside of sand, so Scarf Keldeo fits well in the last slot to check those.

Watch out for Surf Latios like I mentioned above. Depending on your specific game, it might be better for you to sack a weakened 'mon to ensure that you can Pursuit safely. Mega Heracross is also incredibly frustrating if you let it Substitute on Tyranitar because you rely on Charizard and Latios to force out. Nothing innovative here, really, but it works and that's what you were asking for.

Have fun broski n_n

Edit: jacob also has a very similarly structured build to this in the archive with Ferrothorn > Landorus, take a look at that too

Last edited:
Requesting a team with Fly Landorus-T.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up/Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly

I came up with this set yesterday and i think it is viable, Substitute is to scout, avoid status moves and Sucker Punch from Bisharp, thought about Bulk Up and SD and don't know which one is better, Bulk Up gives more defensive power and it can end up making the opponent unable to break the sub with just 1 atk but SD provides it a bigger atk boost. Fly may seem like a joke move at first but remember that it's being used on Dragonite and that Bounce, which is similar to Fly is also viable on Gyarados for example and the purpose of it is having STAB and it deals with common OU threats like Breloom, Tangrowth and Mega Heracross plus it gives an extra lefties turn. Feel free to change the nature and/or EVs if they end up being more effective and i want to see what the builders come up with since this set seems actually effective and is also pretty funny and unpredictable.

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Requesting a Balance team built around Victini. Victini is one of two Pokemon that get V-create. V-create is the most powerful non-suicidal move in the game and is Victinis strongest STAB. V-Create basically 2HKOs almost any mon that doesn't resist it. Furthermore, Victini also has a decent typing that resists quite a lot.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Hi Teambuilding crew!
So, there's a pokemon I've been in love with since its release and after it got a Mega I felt like I needed to use it. Sadly, it's pretty much outclassed by Medicham, eventhough I think it has a hidden potential, being able to set up SD and clean-up lategame.
Yeah, I'm talking about Mega Gallade
Since it's C+ Rank, The only thing I can post is a set, which is pretty standard:

Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
-Knock Off / Ice Punch / Substitute / Shadow Sneak / Will-o-Wisp??

For the last moveslot, I think the choice depends on the team, althought I'd like a Substitute variant since it avoids annoying Status. I'd love to build a team around it myself but I can't build a team that doesn't get 6-0'd by half of the tier. Anyways, hope you accept my request and looking forward for a cool team! :]

Last edited:
Yo, OverlordDerp!

Requested Core:

Team Preview (Click for Importable):

Description:

Sorry this took a bit to post—I actually reworked my original Hera build since I found it too weak to Garde/Clef and a few other things. This is a version I worked on with your requested base of Heracross + Latios, but I changed Latios to LO like you mentioned you'd prefer.

Starting off, I knew Jirachi would be practically mandatory to deal with the massive Clefable/fairy weakness the core had, so I opted for the pivot rocks set that's been gaining traction recently. It's an incredibly sturdy pivot thanks to its solid 100/100/100 bulk and it provides insurance vs. some notable breakers, namely Kyu-B, Garde, and Diancie. Scarf seemed somewhat sub-optimal here because of how quickly it tends to get worn down and generally requires some defensive redundancy for fairies/Latios to function decently. The only major issue with rocks Jirachi builds is that they tend to be somewhat Zard-X weak, as it occupies the same slot (rocker) as quite a few Zard-X checks, but there are obviously ways to include counterplays aside from a rocker slot (they're just generally less reliable, unfortunately). After adding Jirachi, the build looked quite Talon/Torn/Pinsir/Sand weak, so I added the all-powerful Rotom-Wash to improve my matchup vs. those 'mons. Rotom is extremely splashable on bulky offensive builds like this and generally works well with fighting megas because of how much they despise flyers, hence why nearly all of my 1,000,000 Lop teams have Rotom on it lol. Rotom is running T-Wave to catch Zard-X, which is a pretty useful tech on Zard-X weak builds. Final threats to the build included Lopunny, Zard-X, Medicham, Mold Breaker Drill, Weavile, and Mega-Sableye, so my final two picks were slightly fat Scarf Lando and Bold Flame CM Clef. The former provides insurance vs. Zard-X and Scarf Drills while providing crucial speed control, while the latter checks too many things to list in addition to acting as a wincon.

One brief thing I'll touch on before covering things you have to look out for is the relationship between Latios and Clef—you'll probably notice that Latios is running a semi-goofy set in Draco/Surf/HP Fire/Roost, which allows Latios to wear down or outright eliminate Clef's roadblocks (Heatran, Jirachi, Scizor, etc.) to pave the way for a CM sweep. HP Fire Latios might seem redundant with Flamethrower Clef, but the move allows you to wear down complete blocks to Clef sweeps like scarf 'Rachi and a few other steels that Clef can't exactly deal with even with a CM under its belt.

Threats to the build would be Bisharp, fast Mega-Scizor, and Mega-Charizard X. You have counterplays to all of them—with some counterplays being weaker than others—but you'll have to play carefully around those threats if you notice them at preview.

Hope you enjoy! Shoutouts to Infernal and AM (aka big papi) for testing with me :]

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Lola (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch

Bugs (Diggersby) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Quick Attack

This something ive been wanting to try out for fun now that im done w GO:OD OU but i just dont the time to do so rn. Just from looking at the duo gives off an offense pressure. Banded Diggs gets rid of Lops checks and allows it set up. You can change the sets if youd like as well. Thanks in advance! :]
here is a team very similar and still works hope u enjoy !
Hi ,

I want for a long time a team with Gardevoir, Sylveon and Garchomp , i prefer to use Garchomp as his Tankchomp build , use Gardevoir as Sweeper with mega and Sylveon with the role of Cleric
Hi, I am looking for a team that can be built around Inferanpe that can be offensive and defense for OU? don't know if this is possible but would like to see a team that is built for the ladder.

thanks
Hi I would like a team with the core of Latias-Mega + Nidoking

+

why this core? the answer is simply mega latias consider it one of the best mega Oras for its versatility and Nidoking is a very good Wallbreaker. Nidoking also kills things latias not for (Clefable, Scizor, Heatran).

Nidoking is Love /u\
Hey men sorry but your request doesnt follow the rules which means it wont be taken at all. Try to follow the rules next time shop is open :toast:
I'm gonna assume that the core I posted prolly 2 months ago isn't gonna be picked up, so I'd like to replace it with this:

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 144 HP / 232 Atk / 32 Def / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Rest

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Sleep Talk

Dual wallbreaker core, where Heracross tears apart slower walls like Slowbro/king and Tangrowth, while also being a solid stop to a lot of Pursuit trappers in the tier. Specs Latios takes advantage of the fact that it's probably the single fastest wallbreaker in the tier to beat even offensive threats like Keldeo and Garchomp, while handling Lando-T and Skarmory with Surf. Running Guts on Heracross pre-mega due to being able to take advantage of Rest later on, especially when the extra speed might matter.
Sorry but if the core still on Untaken cores, it might be taken so dont post other core till then, thanks !
Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute
Latios can surprise Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Azumaril, thus letting Mega Gyarados sweep.
Read the rules, you can only post one core. This is the third you post and then u post another, sorry but we wont take any of your cores.

wyc2333

A=X+Y+Z Y: Hard Work
here is a team very similar and still works hope u enjoy !

Hey men sorry but your request doesnt follow the rules which means it wont be taken at all. Try to follow the rules next time shop is open :toast:
Sorry but if the core still on Untaken cores, it might be taken so dont post other core till then, thanks !
Read the rules, you can only post one core. This is the third you post and then u post another, sorry but we wont take any of your cores.
Okay

+

this core has good synergy. nidoqueen is great at weakening lopunny switch-ins such as clefable and skarmory. nidoqueen over nidoking because im a hipster. nidoqueen can also set up rocks easier than nidoking because of the bulk. lopunny is self-explanatory so i wont talk about it too much.

i hope that someone can build around this. thanks in advance

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Sludge Wave
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
-Fake Out
-High Jump Kick
-Return
-Power-Up Punch
taking. will change the sets a tiny bit though.

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb

Requesting a defensive or balanced team made around Gourgeist-XL. Gourgeist-XL is not a very good Pokemon in OU, being mostly overshadowed by Tangrowth and other bulky Grass types, but it has some things over them, such as Will-O-Wisp to cripple things, a Fighting immunity, and the ability to spinblock. It also still checks most of the things other bulky Grassers like Tangrowth can check, like Excadrill, Breloom, and Azumarill. Thanks in advance!
let me hit u up. expect 2 weeks since it takes some time to build a good team and ladder with shitmons like these lmao

also terry i am dropping yo core. medi sand isn't hard to build and all id be doing is giving u a defensive core of tang torn Keld to supplement. really boring despite it being effective. Id consider rethinking yo request my g

Just to know, can one request to drop a core and ask for another one (once the shop's open again, of course) if the requested one didn't generate interest? Or is there an expiration date for requests?

Just to know, can one request to drop a core and ask for another one (once the shop's open again, of course) if the requested one didn't generate interest? Or is there an expiration date for requests?
You can do that from my experience. I had a core of Weavile and Alakazam which I asked to be dropped in order to make space for a different core. It was a builder who told me I could do this so it should work (but only when the thread is open he said.)

View attachment 68104 View attachment 68105 View attachment 68106

Talonflame (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 192 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bulk Up / SD
- Roost

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Scald
- Reflect Type

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Basically I want Talonflame to shine by giving him support from Diancie and Starmie. If you could help and mold this core into a team, I would be really happy. (Also if 3 mons are too much feel free to remove one of the last two.)
Yo, you can find a team with those three in the sample teams thread here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-ou-sample-teams.3571343/#post-6787293

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
if the core isnt in the Untaken cores, or nobody is working on it means that you core have been dropped. Or i can drop your core right now, and next time shop is open you can post the new one.

H.M.N.I.P

https://youtu.be/pIr6TjG7Rko
is a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Lemaitre's core:
&

(song starts at 00;45)

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Toxic
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Talonflame (F) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock

Ferrothorn (F) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Description: first of all, before I start with the explanation of the team, I want you to forgive me for posting this team later than I thought. I was really busy and I didn't have time to post this team, but now here I am, so let's start with the description. When I was building the team, I instantly thought that this core might have had such a lot of troubles against high ladder teams, since, there is a lot of stall and bulky waters that completely screw these two mons. It wasn't a really easy job to do, but, in my opinion, I've managed to create a really cool squad. Speaking about your two mons, I want you to know that I've made a small change: Landorus has Yache Berry instead of Earth Plate in order to be the one and only safe Manectric check. I know that this sucks a lot, but honestly I didn't find a better mon to add to this main core in order to check it. I didn't change Talonflame's set though, even if I suggest you to run Taunt over Will-O-Wisp, as this set totally walls any variant of the Clefable's set, which, is basically one of the most used Pokémon in high ladder. Right now, my priority was to find a strong check for annoying Water types, I've instantly decided that Zapdos would have fit really well in this spot. As Bisharp might seem a problem, Zapdos can easily check it with its coverage, and plus I've decided to add Toxic on this set as it can lure annoying Ground types that can switch in on it like Garchomp, Landorus or Hippodown. Its EVs spread is quite simple. 16 EVs in Speed are there for letting it outrun Adamant Bisharp, Breloom or Modest Volcanion. The rest is on general bulk and a bit on Sp.Atk (for 1HKO'ing M-Pinsir as Zapdos is supposed to be a check to it). Starmie is there as a spinner, since, in teams formed by mons that are 2x or 4x times weak to rocks, its role is vital. It is also the main Keldeo and Volcanion switch in, as this main core struggles a lot against them. At first, I was thinking about making a hazard based team, with Stealth Rocks over Rock Polish on Lando, but since I don't like to change a lot the requests, I've opted for Ferrothorn: it completes the FWG core with Starmie and Talonflame, and it is our main check for Fairy and Dragon types. Chople Berry is there in order to stop Weavile, which at a first glance is a very annoying mon for this team. Last, but not list, I was lacking of decent fast control. Mega Mane would have been a good option, but then we would have suffered Bisharp even more. Mega Lopunny, instead, was a really great fit. As it is a real pain for stall teams (with Adamant nature which is not that good after all), and a great mon for this meta in general, it also provides a solid and realiable priority, which is really important for Bulky Offense teams.

For now, that's all. Good luck with the team dude! :toast:

P.S. Decided to post 'Lost in the Weekend' since I had to post this team on Monday, but I got lost so y/e (shoutouts Tricking)

P.P.S. Shoutouts Will of Fire for helping with the teambuilding phase!

Last edited:
Guess my post got deleted even though I met all the requirements. I'm new to the game and nobody wants to help me build a team. Whatever...

I know the workshop is closed but I wanted to point out that in the unclaimed cores section I have two of my cores in there. I posted that I didn't need the Zam/Weavile core anymore so you can remove that if you want... (keep the emboar though pls)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)